Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= End of Regular Updates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= End of Regular Updates
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2012 12:08:08   
IsaiahtheMage

@AMO Oh I didn't know that. Well it still has over 41,000 people following it on facebook.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/17/2012 22:00:58   
Kagax

This is kind of a bummer since I LOVE aq and wf's combat system. Maybe if you added a warp guardian class to aqw df and the others it would boost business... I want it to keep going but, it would be cool if you added the wg equipment for guardians as no drops. Whats funny is that wf is graphically superior superior to aqw and people don't play it. Anyways I was going to get wg in a few days and now I'm sad since the games dying... I really hope you somehow integrate wf into aq. WF R.I.P.
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
3/17/2012 22:05:41   
VanHellsin24
Banned

I loved this game better than AQW

;(
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
3/19/2012 13:40:15   
Darkling

At least we got to level 100.
Some of the art would have made some great t-shirts.
Hero Smash is feeling the bite of the AQW3D project also, Mechquest however is booming.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
3/30/2012 6:15:43   
nightshadow989

quote:

Whats funny is that wf is graphically superior superior to aqw and people don't play it.

lol ya like me they dont care about graphics but thats were the similaritys end cause they like the MMO part of the game aka being able to get online with friends show off there crap and chat but runescape is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then aqw if you wanna do an flash based mmo browser game as for warpforce going under im glad to see now more people on aq means the sweep gets done faster and as far as im concerned thats what matters
AQ  Post #: 30
3/31/2012 5:12:28   
Rhowena
Legendary AK!!!

RS uses Java, not Flash. WF was in part intended to be a sandbox where the staff could see what it looked like when a new character was leveled up in a post-Sweep environment, so the Sweep is not necessarily moving faster for the game's demise.

I think the a large part of why WF fizzled was the emphasis on leveling: There are large level gaps between quests and the cap was increased every release. The staff couldn't make enough stuff to flesh out the existing level brackets, resulting in gaping holes in both equipment and non-grindy leveling content that made the game very difficult to play. Combined with the lack of bugfixes and the non-release of basic content like the Travel Map, it feels like WF never made it out of beta despite being over two years old.
AQ DF  Post #: 31
4/9/2012 11:19:15   
AQ Guardian

what....really? I paid for it...and no more updates...?? thats fair isnt it.

AQ: AQ Guardian
MQ: MQ Guardian
AQ: AQ Guardian
AQ MQ  Post #: 32
4/11/2012 19:16:36   
vulkan

meh, it was coming. next on the list would be herosmash i think.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
4/14/2012 5:01:57   
loh87

one thing i didnt understand
so warpforce will be closed? or the game will still exsist
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
4/14/2012 9:21:28   
ArchMagus Orodalf

For now the game stays. It's just not getting any time to the development of releases.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/14/2012 12:25:17   
loh87

ok ty for explaining
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 36
4/23/2012 0:41:05   
Seriyu

Aww man, I come back and see this? That's too bad. I have to agree with the level cap assumption by Rhowena, it was hard to just jump in and play a quest you hadn't seen yet, and instead had to grind it up.

Still, it was an awesome concept and I'm kinda sad to see it go, despite never playing it much.
AQ DF  Post #: 37
5/18/2012 19:13:58   
kim346

quote:

Hero Smash is feeling the bite of the AQW3D project also, Mechquest however is booming.

I don't think that the last bit is true....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
5/21/2012 18:02:24   
.R.M.

Now the WF forums are a part of the AQ forums... Why not just get rid of the game... It was already even (basically) pronounced dead by AE :\
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/21/2012 18:48:57   
kodix101

I saw this coming. A Science-Fiction game that is limited to AdventureQuest's possibilities doesn't seem to successful. Especially since, Science-Fiction games need more content...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/21/2012 22:25:59   
DarkLore

This is likely going to turn out better than Galanoth thinks! Why? With players being disappointed of no more content this will just end up inspiring the players to play the game more! This means that in an ironic sense this cancellation of future content will just drive players to play enough together that AE will just end up bringing back the updates! Anyone else see this?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/22/2012 12:48:20   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

^No, not really.
AQ  Post #: 42
5/22/2012 19:40:34   
kodix101

I don't care if the updates are done. The way Warp Force is structured means that with each update you will have to raise the level cap.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
5/24/2012 17:49:46   
Voigan

@ Petey I don't follow. To me it seems no more regular updates means people getting bored with WF and quitting. Less players means less money which results in less incentive for the staff to work on the game. The same thing is happening to MQ (at least it was before I quit, things might have improved for MQ since then) albiet at a slower pace than with WF. Smaller releases>less players>less money>staff transfered to other more profitable games>repeat until the game is effectively dead.

< Message edited by Voigan -- 5/24/2012 17:51:49 >
AQ DF  Post #: 44
6/1/2012 23:04:05   
Go Man

This is like the only game i will play so now i am upset :(

Post #: 45
9/19/2012 2:02:29   
Livingtime

9 months after its death I just checked the website and saw people online
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/20/2012 17:54:10   
Dracolich Rider

I didn't really play WF but it was still a great game and I'm sad this happenned to it
Also I noticed this hapenned on my birthday
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
10/10/2012 18:42:03   
lightriftwalker122

im going to start playing warpforce tommorow and I WILL UPGRADE FOR THE SAKE OF WARPFORCE soon! [ just trying to prove a point.]

I wont give up on warpforce!
Battle on!
Post #: 48
10/12/2012 17:52:46   
saiyen

They had to do this because every time i checked the site, there were about 40 players online or even less.

It's better for them to just concentrate on AQ a lot more than WF, that's what i thought when it got released too.

Although quite unfair for the people who upgraded, seems like a fair idea to sometimes give it updates and tweaks.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
10/17/2012 19:03:39   
King Helios

Currenly 48 people...
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= End of Regular Updates
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition