Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ/DF)The Eye of Kathool Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (AQ/DF)The Eye of Kathool Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2012 22:05:55   
Mordred

Discuss me tale o' Dread Cap'n Mordred's adventures on th' high seas here, me hearties!

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
1/21/2012 4:40:28   
Glais

"No-one comments on MY thread! >:U"
"Then it pleases me to be the first."

*TransFormers*

quote:

“But after this, we be off back to work, savvy?”

If...that...was intentional, awesome.
quote:

“Now, there was once a lad born o’ the Wood Elves in a land far away from here. He was named after a great elf of a great order long gone; Mordred.

Answers my question why his name's Mordred, though it seems odd to name both of your characters the same thing. Justified as it is. The wording's a bit....redundant. Great Elf of a great Order?
quote:

“I be doubtin’ tha’.” The story-teller rebuked. “Tha’ scurvy seadog not be int’rested in power. He’s got power, an’ riches. Some say he be able to command fiends o’ th’ deep, an’ tha’ he had found true immortality somewhere.

This just screams Pirates of the Carribbean, nice.

Anyhow, the premise seems sound though I must admit the beginning bored me a bit. Hm, FalconReach? Considering where they are, that's a pretty far journey.

quote:

with his orcish first mate, Gurlak MacDurvall, standing by his shoulder.

Yay for Orcs :P As you may or may not know, I find them very awesome/cool/etc. I await more of this Gurlak character. I can't really comment on anything besides the plot since...there hasn't really been enough time to develop characters as this is only one chapter. All I know so far is "Mordred's this really tough guy who's ship beat down SlugWrath, and now he's like...Batman." And I assume this takes place in AQ's zone but DF's time?
DF MQ  Post #: 2
1/21/2012 9:12:38   
Mordred

Sorta. You will see a DF character that I just had to include. You did catch the blundergat, though, right? Because, there will be a little MQ thrown in as well. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/21/2012 16:01:09   
Glais

Ah yes, I did catch that, that was nice. I recognized the name and once I heard the Gatling Gun speed part, I knew it made no logical sense to be from DF's present.

And...considering how strong the Blundergat is in MQ where their vessels are far more durable than anything DF has o_O Mordred's ship is nigh invincible.
DF MQ  Post #: 4
1/22/2012 8:32:11   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I like the fact this is a story that envelops more than one game. As for the story itself, I thought it was a nice touch to learn about Mordred through others who happen to be talking about his legend.

The vibe I get from Mordred is Jack Sparrow+Davey Jones.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
2/12/2012 19:04:58   
Mordred

Th' tale be updated, me hearties! Enjoy!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
2/12/2012 20:23:03   
Glais

Done reading, and I certainly like it more than the first half. My only big complaint is as to why this isn't a separate post, to be a second chapter. Makes things confuing and the old half would've had a fine ending for the beginning.

Anyhow, question time. Does this take place in AQ's time? I'd initially assumed it was in DF's, but FalconReach seems to be empty, and destroyed again for some reason. Guess it must be years after DF ended.

The Eye can control Old Ones? Wndering exactly why this is. But Xander makes a fun villain, I certainly like him more than Tumultu, oddly. Maybe it's because he's more simplistic, that is to say just an evil wizard rather than whatever Tumultu is exactly. Hugo's backstory is sure to be cool. I didn't really like the crew too much though, they seemed too good almost. I don't know.

And the Earth Dragon escapifying Xander was awesome. At least, I assume it was. Could've been a Plasma Dragon too I guess, wince ey live underground. That should be a fun penultimate boss so to speak.

Lastly, how exactly are they getting the Blundergat to work? It's far beyond anything the Drakels have, and is pretty much the strongest weapon on the planet as of now.

And oddly, Mordread has Barbossa's voice in my head...
DF MQ  Post #: 7
2/12/2012 21:10:35   
Mordred

Yeah, it takes place in AQ time, and will explore all over Lore(including the unknown!).

quote:

I didn't really like the crew too much though, they seemed too good almost. I don't know.

Well, the members of the crew the captain picked out were picked out for their battle prowess. They've seen their share of battles. Haskill and Olaf will be the most developed of the regular(Gurlak's not regular) crew.

quote:

Lastly, how exactly are they getting the Blundergat to work? It's far beyond anything the Drakels have, and is pretty much the strongest weapon on the planet as of now.

Vhelzek'Hur is the braniac on the ship. He's the one who found the blundergat, submerged in an ancient temple. Fortunately, it was mostly intact, and was still connected to some form of battery, albeit drained of power. Vhelzek was able to reverse-engineer some of the technology, and replaced what broken parts he could. Since the power source was mostly working, all he had to do there was figure out how to recharge it and keep it charged. For that, he turned to the Dynamo. He convinced some of them to offer their selves and their intense energy generation abilities to power the blundergat. In return, they get protection, food, booty, and what they desired most of all, the chance to explore Lore.

quote:

And oddly, Mordread has Barbossa's voice in my head...

That's EXACTLY what I was goin' fer. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
2/12/2012 21:16:02   
Glais

Ah alright, disappointed it doesn't happen in DF's time hut whatever.

Dynamo Pirates=Both adorable and awesome.

Found the weapon in a Temple? I have something similar planned for my story, awesome, heh.

And on the crew, I don't know, they just feel like tagalongs I guess. Whatever, guess I'll have to give them a chance. It worked for Enduras, though oddly went backwards for Tumultu.
DF MQ  Post #: 9
2/13/2012 19:18:55   
ArchMagus Orodalf

I'm interested in seeing where this is going... literally AND figuratively...

So Kathool Atchoo en't alone? There are Old Ones?

< Message edited by ArchMagus Orodalf -- 2/13/2012 19:21:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/13/2012 19:23:44   
Mordred

So am I. Being part of a book project, it wasn't meant to be this major thing. But once I missed the dead-line, I decided to make the most of it, and let it expand. ^^ Aye, there be other Old Ones as well.

quote:

And on the crew, I don't know, they just feel like tagalongs I guess. Whatever, guess I'll have to give them a chance. It worked for Enduras, though oddly went backwards for Tumultu.

I... don't quite understand.

< Message edited by Mordred -- 2/13/2012 19:24:43 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
2/13/2012 19:32:54   
Glais

Sorry, let me try to elaborate. Right now, they feel out of place but I think eventually they may start to grow on me. Like Enduras, initially I hated him. Not so much now.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
2/14/2012 2:30:14   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I have a small question, how come Xander (if he's the guy I think he is) is not "disfigured".

quote:

“King Alteon the Balanced as requested your presence in the palace!”

has
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
2/14/2012 19:24:20   
ArchMagus Orodalf

I don't think Xander is Alexander... nor is he the other person named Xander from Stone Deep.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/14/2012 20:07:55   
Mordred

Yeah, this Xander is totally from my own mind. No relation to Xan/Alexander or Xander in any way whatsoever. He's your standard evil wizard who wants to be part of the 1% again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
2/14/2012 20:09:50   
Glais

I actually like him being the typical villain. Makes the story more...simple I guess, which means I will get it easier.
Plus, villains recently have been so weird, good to get back to roots.
DF MQ  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (AQ/DF)The Eye of Kathool Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition