Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2012 19:45:39   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

All balance discussions will be restricted to this thread. This is to condense the many issues that you have all expressed into a single place that the balance people can work on.

Please keep all balance discussions in this thread, and don't forget to follow the forum's rules.

EDIT: Some things that the balancers would like you to avoid discussing. Please do not post about the following things.
quote:

No discussion/request for buffing or enhancing Founder Armor - Any additional perks that founders may recieve will be at the discretion of the staff.

No "luck" complaints - This thread is not a place to complain about an unlucky streak that caused you to lose a match. Please remember that while luck may seem to favor or disfavor you in the short run, over the long run it does average out.

quote:

As a general rule, no buffs will be granted to rare items. This is regardless of their status as Limited, Seasonal, Promotional, etc. In order to achieve a more balanced system of play, buffs cannot be guaranteed or handed out on a regular basis. This policy has been decided by the game staff and is not likely to change. However, if you feel that your case is especially strong, that is, you have numbers and evidence to support your conclusions, you are welcome to contact the game staff using this forum's PM system to discuss it more thoroughly. Keep in mind that the game staff cannot promise that your case will be followed through upon, as the game's balance will take precedence over personal requests for the sake of all of the game's vast player base.

In regards to this discussion thread, you are still permitted to discuss buffs to rare items, but these discussions must be placed within this thread.

If you disagree with these policies, please send Lord Barrius a PM and the issue will be discuss. DO NOT post in this thread to protest these things, your post will be deleted and you will be issued punishments for breaking the rules.

=ED= Balance Discussions I
=ED= Balance Discussions II
=ED= Balance Discussion III
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/24/2012 20:10:19   
Master Volcon

I personally think that Bounty is the most balanced class right now :)

I have been playing it for a while, there are endless possibilities for builds if you have the right gear.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/24/2012 20:19:49   
Retrosaur

That's true. Bounty is the best of the best.

I've seen way too many class hoppers. Unfortunately though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/24/2012 20:19:59   
Renegade Reaper

i think tech mage is the most balanced, because i can adapt to almost any situation. and i have some of the best gear in the game to work with.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/24/2012 20:36:35   
goldslayer1

quote:

quote:

No "luck" complaints - This thread is not a place to complain about an unlucky streak that caused you to lose a match. Please remember that while luck may seem to favor or disfavor you in the short run, over the long run it does average out.

i would like to see some hard proof on this. with recorded data, and who tested this.
until then saying it averages out on the long run IMO is an over statement.

quote:

If you disagree with these policies, please send Lord Barrius a PM and the issue will be discuss. DO NOT post in this thread to protest these things, your post will be deleted and you will be issued punishments for breaking the rules.

there seems to have been some confusion with what i posted.
i was not complaining about luck, nor the policies. but about the fact that the quote is up there.
and how it is somewhat false advertisement when luck factors had not been tested long term, yet the quote seems to be up there assuring people that luck factors are fine.

also at the subject of rage ultimate.
i think that may make high lvl ultimate seem OP.
specially ones like massacre.

and while Bloodmage is getting a new ultimate, it would have been nice if the health regain effect stacked with bloodlust.
it would certainly give super charge bloodmage a boost.

Removed off-topic discussion. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 1/24/2012 20:58:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/24/2012 20:37:44   
Wraith

Heh.

Reaper, if it's very easy to adjust then it's OP...and as a mage I lose 99/100 battles vs CH. Luck and...imbalance.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/24/2012 20:40:38   
goldslayer1

@wraith
i think a balanced versatile CH would beat a mage.
mage can adapt to the battles, but only to a certain degree.
now CH hunters IMO adapt more to battles than mage those.
mainly due to their tanking, high damage skills. and energy regain skill static charge.
which gives a constant supply of energy. (unless blocked)
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/24/2012 20:50:46   
Stabilis

Mini-modding? No, I was intending to joke around. I'll try to be more direct and simple next time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
1/24/2012 21:35:05   
edwardvulture

My response to everything....
__________ isn't Oped
varium is
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
1/25/2012 9:58:57   
theholyfighter

I'd say that the new classes are balanced.....
but something very very very UNBALANCED!!!
That is.........JUGGERNAUT
Someone explain it to me...
1. Why are my opponents getting RAGE within 3 turns?(with one I accidently skipped)
2. Why do they critical, BLOCK, deflect, STUN me unreasonally often?
That's certainly not the way the "Balance" works......
not the way the shorten the gap between levels......
Therefore, here some suggestions... Either one should work......
1. Let the juggernaut get the first round.
2. Make the level gap (Lvl-8)~(Lvl-5)
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/25/2012 10:02:27   
drinde

^
Do you have high defenses, low Support and/or Dexterity?

On balance:

Would giving the original Hybrid Armor back to Mercenaries, with the option for them choose to start a battle with P or E Bonus, help?

Would giving the Split Hybrid to Tactical Mercenaries and Cyber Hunters work?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 11
1/25/2012 10:05:17   
Stabilis

quote:

I'd say that the new classes are balanced.....
but something very very very UNBALANCED!!!
That is.........JUGGERNAUT
Someone explain it to me...
1. Why are my opponents getting RAGE within 3 turns?(with one I accidently skipped)
2. Why do they critical, BLOCK, deflect, STUN me unreasonally often?
That's certainly not the way the "Balance" works......
not the way the shorten the gap between levels......
Therefore, here some suggestions... Either one should work......
1. Let the juggernaut get the first round.
2. Make the level gap (Lvl-8)~(Lvl-5)

The lower the character level, the faster they are to rage, that's what was decided. As for your second issue, chance is chance, nobody can argue fate (what happens). Your ideas, I like. Allowing the juggernaut to go first is a fair enough deal. The level gap, though? I think it should be juggernaut's level - (5~>6 or 7). Yes, that cuts out quite a few challengers, but pitting a level 34 against a level 26 doesn't sound very fair.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
1/25/2012 10:39:17   
theholyfighter

^greenrain
O I see...didn't notive the minimum level...
how about (level-5)~(level-7)

^drinde
by the way, mostly those who unreasonably critical, BLOCK, deflect, STUN me have disadvantages me in stats( dex, support)

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 1/25/2012 10:42:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/25/2012 15:47:59   
steven11113

Tech mage is the worst of all if they are in 2vs2 and juggernaurt because they dont have blood lush and 2nd they dont have hybrid armor, mineral armor or plasma armor

Most people dont use rain because unlike bounty hunter and blood mage gain hp when they use it. Muti shot is Dex unlike plasma rain, it Tech. These day they have high Dex so they can block more. Dex and plasma armor and frost reaper E M work perfectly.

Mage seem too over powerful if they use Super Charge since Fires an energy charge; ignores 20% resistance; 30% life stealing. Improves with dexterity.
Massacre is weak since they dont have the two adventage but bounty have 1 out of 2.
I think they should put ignores 15% Def. JUSt to balance them out a bit
Tech mage:have too much tank these day and to debuff it even lower, we need to change OVerlord since stuning make you lose and improve with Dex.
Make it like Plasma Grenade, it will balance a bit better. Malf need Dex requirement to ensure people who are using all on tech and barely on Dex

Bludgeon need to nerf a bit by reducing another 3% more damage and incrase the energy to 12 at level 1 so they can be more par to double strike.
Overlord is powerful since they regain energy back and strong. It even stronger than plasma grenade since they cost less energy and the range from a lvl to another is 2-3.
Plasma grenade need to reduce energy down by 2 and the range of the energy damage need to change. It will improve from 14 damage range from lvl 1 to lvl 10 to 22 damage range. That would make people invest more on plasma grenade. Same goes for Stun grenade.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/25/2012 16:58:11   
PivotalDisorder

@Steven: Bludgeon has a 2 turn cooldown, Double strike has a 1 turn cooldown.
Post #: 15
1/25/2012 18:27:36   
Wraith

I've seen Double Strike do 60 damage because of smoke.

Give smoke to TM and nerf Bludgeon. Yeah, not gonna happen.

If anything, Mage got rubbed into the dirt, thanks to CH.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/25/2012 18:33:36   
Wootz

What do you mean, Wraith?
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/25/2012 18:37:16   
Wraith

Wootz, I mean that CH is so OP that Mages don,t have a chance. First, we have to Assault Bot because of Malfunction. Then we need to make sure Multi and Massacre don,t kill us. Then we get left with no attacks, or attacks that hit under 20 *sigh*

I'm seriously thinking of going CH...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/25/2012 18:43:06   
DeathGuard

@Steven: You are so wrong there, Mages need a complete overhaul in many of their skills, a skill tree arrangement and a buff to supercharge which sucks compared to massacre and surgical strike. Indeed CH is quite strong ( not op) I still say static charge ability to regain energy should be nerfeed, they can malf, heal, massacre and malf once again, plus they have armor which gives them plus 12 res.

@Wraith: I agree, Tech Mage has been thrown in the corner of dust since start of gamma and it is still there .
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/25/2012 18:45:09   
Wraith

@DeathGuard: Ikr, before, CHs gave me a hell of a hard time because of their powerful attacks, but when you combine powerful attacks with a friken passive shield that halves my damage, I quit.

Yes, I am on the verge of quitting...haven't played in 2 days, and then I only played for <30 mins.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/25/2012 18:52:38   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Personally I think TLM's are pretty good right now I can beat most of them with ease.
I think the Cyber Hunter skill tree is a little OP though.. But then again I don't have a specialized build.

Just my opinion
Battle Elf
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/25/2012 18:55:17   
Wootz

Lol, Wraith.
Ask Battle Elf of my new build, he's so mad about the losses he got! :D
Let's see, the only thing that got me to less then 20 HP is:
Epic Strenght ( 110+ ) from Digital X
And
Super Charge abuse, which was once in six battles, from Battle Elf.
Both wins! :D
But, Tech Mage isn't that underpowered. It is quite strong.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/25/2012 19:32:07   
Wraith

@Wootz: I'm almost at 50k credits. I'll class change, get some Varium, enhance my P NW Duds, then own you. Deal?

Or I could get a 10k, do a Tank, hm...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/25/2012 21:35:03   
drinde

Meh. They shoulda give Dexterity the ability to increase SideArm damage.

Also, since Support can't increase Deflection anymore, can't they give Field Medic Improving back? Maybe at +1 HP per 6 Support.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 24
1/25/2012 22:06:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The idea of strength improving damage for guns wasn't because of pulling the trigger harder(though someone suggested that the trigger had multiple notches you could pull it back to and give it more firing power) it was because people suggested that the kickback of the gun firing was reduced with more strength and caused better accuracy and thus better damage if you could hit the enemy where you aimed instead of having it stray off target and not hit what you wanted it to hit.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition