Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Dungeons and Jesters (HS)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> Dungeons and Jesters (HS)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2012 19:56:37   
star screamer

Prologue

Long ago, when kings and queens ruled the land, there were the two
Kingdoms of the island of Liberty. They were known as Spire and Skull.

Spire spread out from its capital Golden Spire, a beautiful city that was paved with
gold and home to the castle of the high king known as Lord Oniss the great, whose
symbol was a golden eagle, to Pleasanton, a town spread into three different parts,
and two were owned by Spire the other by Skull. In between were Aurora fields, untouched by either side.

Skull spread from its capital, Skull deep, a worse place than a dragon’s lair and was completely underground; its symbol is a dark
red scorpion and was led by an evil man known as The Darkness knight. Skull was a mighty empire whose only goal is to destroy
Lord Oniss and his Drakonian Alliance.

In Aurora fields it is one of the most peaceful paces at times, at others it is a death bed.
The great wars of Spire and Skull often took place there since it was
completely flat aside from the Far East where the gravestones were
and the very center where a mighty statue stood. The statue was of the once great queen known as Pandora;
she had given her life to protect both sides from a chaos known as The Ringmaster, whose body disappeared with the death of Pandora.
Pandora’s body now lies buried under her statue since the 15th century.

There was another place, it stayed completely free of war, and it was directly in the middle of island next to the main river.
It was known as Overlook, where the castle of the Jarl known as Lady Zafara stood. She was a fair jarl;
she never did anything to harm her people. Even with people afraid of her for a certain reason, she always held back.
Next to her majesty was always her court jester Scream, he was a real laugh.

There is an even more frightening place than Skull though; a place where no one ever travelled to, it was Hell on Earth.
It was known as Deathitude, a dark and mystical cave that was said to be home to the mighty dragon known as Un Death.
It was an undead monster, it had glowing orange eyes, it had giant horns and could lift Castle Spire!
The first time it was seen it swooped down to Overlook and grabbed Princess Jessa, daughter of Lady Zafara.

Ever since that day strange things have been happening, Skull have been more destructive, people of Overlook mysteriously disappearing,
and every single jester have been acting strange… what is wrong with the island of Liberty?

Drakkoniss as Lord Oniss

Overcast as The Darkness Knight

Clownthejester as The Ringmaster

Star Screamer as Scream

Jessa K as Princess Jessa

Lady Zafara as Lady Zafara

Un Death as Un Death

Pandora as Pandora

Voldo as Vithis

Odlov as Odlova

Eclipse as The Moon Knight

Blood moon as The Blood Knight

< Message edited by star screamer -- 1/26/2012 16:18:22 >
AQW  Post #: 1
1/26/2012 16:28:29   
star screamer

Chapter 1

“A message to the king, an important message, a very important message!” Scream exclaimed to the guards.

Scream was an odd fellow, he had a red and black hat and jester’s clothes.
That seemed pretty normal. He had black and white clown make up and had
glowing orange eyes. His teeth were pointed so he looked somewhat of a demonic
jester. His eyebrows were slim and frozen in the angry position. He wore two red gloves
with black cuffs and always had a sword that was given to him by the queen when he
saved her from an assassination attempt by Skull warriors. He was never seen with it
in his hand it was for more decoration, it made people afraid like: “Mess with me I will
rip your head off and then eat it.” The sword had ancient Orcish writing on it, it
said: Jester. Not much more could be said about him aside from him being a loon.

“No one sees the king, how do we know you’re not from Skull?”

“Let him in.” demanded Lord Oniss.

“Sorry your highness, just taking precautions.”

Lord Oniss wore red paladin armor and a silver crown with a dozen red gems
sprinkled on it. His hair was a dark red, and he had a Vandyke, he had a red
cape that matched his armor. People say that long ago a wizard enchanted his
cape to transform into eagle wings at command. His eyes were bloodshot and red.
He always carried around a spear made from the beast Known as Oblivion’s legs.

“Messenger, what is this news you hope to bring me?”

“Ooh it’s terrible! I came bringing the vilest news! The dragon,
Un Death has taken Princess Jessa but we don’t have troops to spare!”

“What? A dragon? You jest.”

“Don’t be fooled by my characteristics, I tell the truth!”

“Hmm… This is most troublesome, I shall send some brave warriors to guard your
city from anymore attacks.”

“Hoo hoo! I thank you sir, King!” Scream said getting on his black stallion
and riding off. The stallion was black as mentioned but had something odd about it.
It had a really dark gray mane and had glowing red eyes.

As the odd fellow trotted back to Overlook, a small bat
came from nowhere and landed on Lord Oniss’s shoulder right
side up, which was odd since bats always hung upside down and
were nocturnal and it was mid-day. The bat was completely black
aside from its shiny white fangs and orange eyes.
After a few seconds the bat flew over to Scream and surrounded him.

“Hmmm….”

As the jester rode back on his stead he took an unexpected turn into the place known as
Chuddling swamp. No one ever dared to go there for it was told that lizard men lived there
and would gobble you up if you were seen by one. These rumors were fake,
Lizard people don’t live on Liberty Island, and if they did they wouldn’t eat you,
they would be farmers or traders. Scream made up these rumors, in order to keep people out of the swamp.

Scream jumped off his horse and walked casually to a big door with an eye on it.

“What is the true joke?” The door asked.

“Life, death, everything.” Scream replied.

The door opened and he walked inside. He found himself in a large
corridor with about half a dozen rooms and a stair case descending at
the very end. He walked straight to the stairs and pressed a hidden button
on the wall. Instantly spears came from the wall as Scream stood there,
unimpressed. He walked into a large room where you could hear talking.
He walked further into the room and met them.

“Ah Scream, so glad you could join us.” Said one of them.

“Welcome back, brother Scream.” Said another.

There were two of them, both dressed like Scream but in different colours.
The first one wore a purple and black jester outfit and had a purple eye and a
red eye both glowed. He wasn’t as frightening as Scream but he was still downright scary.
His face was gray and he wore make up like Scream’s. He held his hat in his hands to reveal a black Mohawk.

The second one was a female jester. She was a new recruit, straight from Lord
Oniss’s so called army. She had long red hair that came out from her hat. Her
eyes were as green as the fire of The Ringmaster. Her costume was green and black,
like Scream’s she also had a sword or two on her back. Two long blades, they both glowed blood red.

“HA HA!” Scream laughed, “Vithis and Odlova you ol’ dogs!”

The jesters sat at a big table, it had colours spread all over. Scream sat at the red one, Vithis at the purple,
and Odlova at the green. Scream was at the very end of the table, for he had been the one who had taken
over for The Ringmaster after he died. In the center of the table was a small statue of a dragon, it had a
purple body and white face with blood red in the general area of the lips. They all grabbed food from the back room and then they prayed.

“Good lord, Ringmaster, we hope to live under your teachings and chaotic ways.
May your green flame be
the teachings of you, our master.” They all said in unison, and then they ate like kings.

Roast yeti, pig, and basically every single kind of fruit and vegetable farmed and every
type of meat there was
on the island, including human meat.

“What a delightful dinner, don’t you agree Vithis?” asked Odlova

“It would have been funny if we had wasted some by feeding it to the statue.”

“On to business,” Scream told the jesters, “Un death has successfully taken princess Jessa of the town of Overlook.”

“HA HA HA!” they all laughed.

She is daughter of the Jarl, and we need vampire blood for part of the ritual!
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Zafara was in her private courters wiping the blood from her teeth. How could this happen?
She had held back for centuries yet she couldn’t control it… why? She had been the reasons
of the disappearances, and she known it. She tried everything in her power. Demand people to
lock doors, keep herself banded down at night… yet nothing worked.

Lady Zafara had pale skin and large canines. She wore a gray dress with a small
little skull on the belt piece. She had a black heart around one of her blood red eyes.
She was accompanied by a little black bat with red eyes and a little pink bow on its head.
Her hair was long and black. She held a large silver staff with two skulls emerging from it.
There was a knock on the door.

“Huh? Who is it go away!” she demanded.

“Do not worry only your faithful Scream!”

“Scream, you must leave! I can’t control myself!”

<I know well of your predicament> Scream said in her thoughts.

“How did you...”

<We cannot speak! The guards will realise you are a vampire and gut you like a fish!>

<You mean… you’ve known?>

<Of course, you already realised that I am not a simple Smasher.>

<What am I to do? Why can I not control myself?>

<The dragons. They’ve been gone since the great war 200 years ago, back when
The Ringmaster was still around!>

<How do I stop it?>

<Simple, I asked for Lord Oniss to send guards to get your daughter, I am going with them,
you must as well! Only us together can kill… er… re-kill this beast!>

<How can you help, Scream?>

<I never told anyone this but I am very old, older than that Pandora lady, mind you.>

<Why not tell anyone, people would respect you, or think you’re a crazy old coot.>

<Bad for the love life.>

<You’re funny even in serious conversations. But this is important.>

<Sorry, force of habit.>

<So, when do we leave?>

<Right now.> he said in her thoughts.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________The moon knight monitored the village called Pleasanton at night. He was one of Lord Oniss’s High
knights. He wore silver and bronze armor. The torso of his suit was shiny silver, if you were to stare
at it in direct sunlight, you would probably go blind. He wore bronze gauntlets with silver spikes.
He had a silver helmet with a bronze visor piece that covered his face. He carried one silver
shield and one bronze sword. One for people, one for beasts. The bronze was especially
extravagant because it was celestial bronze tainted with real bronze. See, celestial bronze
can only kill beasts, but what if there were bandits that refused to turn in quietly? The shield
wasn’t as interesting as his sword, but it still has a great and mysterious past, it was said to be
forged by the blacksmith, Malacor, the god of smithing, and was carried by the warrior god Titanus.
It was also said that he had lost the shield to the god of death and deception known as Daedria, who
is the one who first sent the dragons into the world, and gifted the most vile of them the ability to control themselves and even speak.

“Help me! Thief!” shouted a villager in the night sky of Pleasanton, which is actually
not that pleasant, theft, murders, kidnappings… The moon knight was assigned to this town along with his partner,
Vengeance, who went missing 12 years from then.

The knight pounced the attacker, and then bashed him with his shield. But something was… off.
The attacker was a practice dummy. The fake victim pulled out a staff and bashed him in the head, dazing him.

“Wake up, Blood Knight.” The attacker said calmly.

“Master.”

“Hard to keep you like this, your good side keeps fighting back.”

“I am sorry for my other personality’s ignorance.”

The attacker was dark. He wore black and red armor, with the symbol of Skull on it. He had a black helmet, and through
the small eye holes you could see red. Those eyes had no mercy in them, no regret, no pain, and no remorse. He was the Darkness knight!

“Don’t be, show no signs of human emotions and feelings. You are the Blood Knight, not The Moon Knight anymore.

“Yes, master.”
AQW  Post #: 2
2/26/2012 0:35:45   
star screamer

Chapter 2

“Are you sure about this, my jarl?” asked one of her personal guards.

“Of course I’m sure she’s my daughter!”

“Milady, the soldiers are ready to depart from this boring little town.” Scream told Zafara.

“Excellent.” She said.

Then they set off. Travelling to the cave of Un Death… Deathitude…

Princess Jessa hung from the ceiling, obviously something a twenty foot skeletal dragon could do. She had just awoken from her dark sleep.

“What… where am I? HELP! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!”

“Ha ha ha! Please, scream helplessly some more! It’s hilarious!” mocked a booming voice from the shadows.

“Who are you?” she asked frightened.

“Who am I? Who am I? Why I am one of the most powerful beings in all of Liberty, for I am… UN DEATH THE DRAGON!” He said emerging from the shadows.

“Oh gods please, let me go!”

“That is not my decision per say.”

“You’re right,” another voice said, “It’s mine.”

“Who are you?”

“Why my dear, I’m the Jester of misfortune, destruction, and choice. I am Vithis of Skull.”

“And I have received word from my heh heh… contact… in Overlook’s own Vampire’s Bane palace, that your mother is coming to get you back, along with your favourite jester…”

“Who is that traitor! When my mom and Uncle Scream come, you’ll be sorry!”

“Ha ha! Uncle? You probably call him that for a reason, but back to the subject at hand…” he said as he pulled a lever and Jessa began to lower to the floor. Vithis then came over and loosened the straps and shoved her into a carriage and they rode off to the Chaos jester’s hidout.

The jarl, Scream, and the guards entered Deathitude, only to find it was empty.

“Look around! She has to be here, she just has to!” Zafara demanded.

Scream had other plans, he snuck away from the jarl’s side and climbed steps on a ledge and pulled a chain, and a hidden doorway opened, he then gave the signal… three “hes”

“He he he…” he laughed.

Then Un death snatched a guard and tossed him aside, he was dominating. He must’ve killed every guard inside the cave, because the only people- or rather half people left, were Scream and Zafara.

Screamed pulled out his massive sword and smiled, showing all of his gruesome sharp yellow teeth, and then he pounced. He struck Un Death once in the head and he fell. Then, he started beating him down.

“This… wasn’t… part of the plan…” Un Death muttered his final words as his bones began to disintegrate.

The four guards that were standing guard outside came in then Scream smiled and Zafara’s eyes turned bloodshot, and her bloodlust began.

She attacked the guards biting at their necks, sucking them dry. Then Scream grabbed the jarl by her throat, smiled again, and her bloodlust ended. There were only two guards left and they were stunned.

“Our own jarl is a vampire, and I, have struck her down! She should rot in prison for the rest of her days!”

“But Overlook needs a jarl, and no one is worthy of that great a title!”

“Well, I did just strike down a dragon single handily, and I just saved your necks from this slime! So I guess I should be the jarl…”

The guards kneeled and grabbed Lady Zafara away to the Vampire’s Bane Palace dungeon, while the new jarl Scream followed happily… the plan was just beginning…
Word of Lady Zafara being a vampire quickly spread between the cities of Liberty island, even amongst the Spire castle guards.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Lord Oniss walked through the halls unknowing of them finding out about Lady Zafara, he had been the only one for many, many years that she had trusted with her curse, and now, everyone in the entire island knew.

“Hey, did you hear? Lady Zafara, she is… a vampire!” a guard said to another.

Lord Oniss stopped in his tracks. “What did you say?” he asked the guard.

“Lady Zafara is a vampire, shortly after Scream the court jester slayed the mighty dragon Un Death, she went berserk and attacked her guards! Scream stopped her, and now she is rotting away in the dungeon, while Scream takes her pace as jarl of Overlook!”

“I was afraid this day would come… Scream’s plan is in motion… I must tell my father at once!” the king exclaimed as he ran to his father’s sick bed in the castle where he laid old and gray.

“Father (pant) Scream (pant) he (pant) is setting his plan in motion!”

“Then it is time…”

“I will send guards to defend the tomb of Pandora at once!”

“Did I ever tell you the story, of how he became what he is now? How he was once my many greats uncle? It all started 100 years ago, during the first Great war of Liberty island…”

“Queen Pandora had three children, Jae’s grandmother, who was not interested in leading but more interested in the magic of the world, her name was Lia Oniss, who later married Jaque Birde, my grandfather, Drak Oniss the first, and my great uncle, Stephen Oniss, they all called him Metus, for that was his middle name.”

“One day, Pandora felt a great shadow being cast over the land, she feared that someone would attempt to disturb the tomb of Almoest Jestasue and his six jesters, also known as The Ringmaster. She sent her two sons to investigate his tomb and make sure nothing was wrong. Stephen, had an inborn ability to be able to understand every language ever known to man and maybe even speak them. Drak was strong, hardy, he was able to bust down doors that were stuck, and save them from dangerous traps. Together, they were the perfect team.”

“Once they finally got past everything and made it into the main chamber, there in the middle of the room, was a table, and on that table was a statue, the statue of Almoest Jestasue, who was not only a mighty dragon, but a god who could only travel through worlds with a conduit on the other side, for Earth, it was a dragon.”

“Curiosity got the best of Stephen… he simply grabbed the statue, and his mind and physical form began to change… his skin turned white, his eyes orange, his face frozen in a crazy grin, all of his teeth sharpened to a point, but his mind was the worst, it was destroyed crippled… he simply went… insane.”

“The jester’s awoke and a skeletal dragon that hung from the ceiling began to grow scales and reform, Drak ran home… and thus started the Great war…”

“Dear gods…” Lord Oniss muttered, “Scream was corrupted by the god of chaos and destruction… the father of the dragons himself…”

“Yes, and you must stop him before he gets the helmet of Destruction, the crown of life and Pandora’s corpse! He already has two pieces of the puzzle, his ring of chaos and blood of one of the families who helped destroy them!”

“I will not disappoint you father…”
Father Gold was tending to man’s leg when a mysterious hooded lady came in. She had green eyes, long red hair and her skin was snow white.

“I suppose you need something?” he asked the mysterious lady.

She smiled and said, “My, my, such a wondrous shrine to Femur you have here… so many injured soldiers these days… and why, I’m so hungry…”

“Who are you?”

“They call me Odlova, Jester of Spire, you see, and I’m dying to have a snack…”

“Well this isn’t a market, it’s a shrine, and a hospital, oh and the hall of the dead, but Endeos tends to that, for I’m no priest of Dread.”

“Interesting fact about Dread… He favors assassins!” she said pulling out two knives

“Ach ni kunn…” howled a booming voice, “Ale shal faldorus, Dre-ad, Fe-mur…”

A bit of blood dripped down from Gold’s arm. Why? Why didn’t she just kill him, it did not make sense.

“My master awakens…”

“What… what was that?” he said kneeled on the ground holding onto his wound.

“You will make an excellent snack for my master when he awakens…”
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Jessa awoke in the Jester’s hideout, along with her mother, who was unconscious. One of the jesters entered and dropped that priest of Femur
down at the shrine. She looked around the room and saw dozens of cages full of innocent people, criminals, and guards she even recognized some too.
Thars Dai the old captain of the guard in Brickton before he went mad, Darkness, one of the top heads in Skull, many many old guards from Brickton, and a lot of bandits.

“HELP ME!” Jessa screamed at the top of her lounges but it was hopeless.

An orc entered the room, he was big, green, had purple eyes, and looked like he could arm-wrestle a dragon and win. He walked toward Jessa, followed by two other orcs.

“You, keep it down! I don’t care who you are, what you’re going to be is a snack for Almoest when he returns!”

“Almoest? The chaos god? You don’t know what you’re messing with you got to stop!”

“But it is not The Ringmaster’s will to stop; we serve him in life, and in death.”

“Gregen! Get your big ugly green backside over here, NOW!” demanded a familiar voice.

“Was that…”

“Indeed it was. Ich no rim.” A mysterious voice from the shadows answered.

“Who… who are you?”

“I am Trivius, trickster of my so called “family”, and I have been waiting a long time for an interesting deal.”

“What do you want demon!”

“See? Even the venes, mortals, disrespect me! I have done a foul deed that cannot be undone. I have opened the world for Almoest by giving him a way inside the world… back 500 years ago when the ancients ruled the land… It was an accident! A mistake! He solved my riddle, and so I gave him one wish, with a twist, he asked to be able to wreak havoc upon the world, so I gave him a dragon, but he did not suffer from my trick, for he didn’t want to come back to the realm of gods…”

“So this is all your fault!?”

“Not intentionally, but yes… I have been deemed a traitor and banished from sog et melar, realm of the gods and bound to my shrine… For this, used to be where the venes worshipped me…”

“So how do I fit in?”

“You have the ichnor! The blood! The vampire blood! But not just any! Ichnor ach sanguine der melar! Hybrid blood! Your ilmedor, mother, was full vampire, who made you with a melar, but not just any vene, vene der ichnor asek Au-ror-a. Blood of the queen Aurora, mother of Pandora! Queen of the melar! Your ildedor, father, was Drak Oniss IV! You must be my champion! You will prove to our blood that I am innocent! And by proving it, we will defeat the cluad! The chaos known as The Ringmaster!”

“I don’t know what to say…”

“This is not a feiler, riddle, I know well of those, this is inorediant, destiny.

“The six jesters still rest!”

“Only five, actually, you were one remember?”

“Oh yes, silly me, foolish me! But still, we cannot send chaos upon the world without my fellow undead psychos!”

“I am the champion of Almoest, trust me, we couldn’t have gotten this far if I didn’t know what I was doing!”

“Vithis, Scream, I have more food for Almoest.”

“Excellent! Ho ho! Everything is going according to that drawing of two stick men arm wrestling!”

“Ha ha ha!” They all laughed.

“Prepare the attack force.” Scream told Gregen, “Tonight, we start the second Great war!”

“Yes my master!” He said.

The orcs stood at Skulls official border lines, and attacked.
AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> Dungeons and Jesters (HS)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition