Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Approval Requests

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: =DF= Approval Requests
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2012 10:25:35   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

Guide: Complete Guide to being an Average DragonFable Player
1. Guide Topic: Familiarising with the key parts of DF.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: It helps people to understand about how DF works, and how, perhaps, to play the game best.
3. Do I wish my guide to be locked if not approved?No
4. Extra information or notes: NGON takeover.

Altough the guide seems good, there are a couple of reasons it cannot be approved.
First of all, spoilers. The whole storyline is pretty much explained there, at least alowing them to skip it completely and warning them that spoilers are right below the content list is a must.
Some people want to know how to arrange their stats and items without spoiling the story. Please use spoiler tags (inadvisable) or make sure a clear warning is given for spoilers.

Secondly, aside from explaining the story and stating the part of what the staff does for AE, you give little new. Classes are explained pretty well in their class guides, as you stated yourself, you made a farming guide so people looking for places to farm can much easier go to there. And stats are given as well for their classes. Quoting the rules for a guide to be approved:
quote:

5. Original content is absolutely necessary.
At MINIMUM, all guides must contain 75% original information and insight. There is no need for a reposting of information available elsewhere. Reposting of Encyclopedia entries, other guides, as well as the use of long developer/staff/member quotes in their entirety should be avoided if at all possible, and reposting sections of entries/short quotes should be used only to support individual insight and assessment. Guides that do not present original information cannot be approved.

I encourage you to look for ways to help people to get the hang of DF and be an average DF player. Linking the correct guides, Think of ways so people find DF more interesting and more easily feel connected to the game. Showing what DF has in store for the players. If you can do this, your guide has a bigger chance to be approved.

~Therril Oreb 06/04/2012

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/4/2012 17:01:20 >
DF  Post #: 26
6/8/2012 13:01:56   
  Hopeful Guy

New post because of
quote:

If, after an initial declination, you believe that your guide is ready for approval, please create a new post

Guide: Complete Guide to being an Average DragonFable Player
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval? Added in a warning for spoilers as well as a new section on how the DF team make the game enjoyable
How does this make my guide better? It helps people to understand DF better and familiarise themselves with the game's fun bits.

Approved, the only extra you might want to add (but not neccesary) is a link to all class guides for each class you explained. Just so people can have more information about how to use the class if they are interested.
That aside, it seems a good piece of work. Send it to the Guides section and deleted all other posts.
Thank you for your time making this guide. If you have questions, never forget to ask them. :)

~Therril Oreb 06/08/2012

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/8/2012 15:35:34 >
DF  Post #: 27
6/8/2012 21:58:00   
RyuMandruleanu
Helpful!

Guide: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20359362
1. Guide Topic: Best accessories for your level, class, and style (offensive/defensive)
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: To provide a listing of the best accessories attainable for users of all levels and styles
3. Do I wish my guide to be locked if not approved? No
4. Extra information or notes:

Approved, this guide was needed for a long time. I am glad you managed to finnish it.
Moved to the Guides section.

~Therril Oreb 06/09/2012

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/9/2012 1:53:17 >
DF AQW  Post #: 28
6/16/2012 15:40:04   
Troy Darksword

Guide: All You Need to Know about Necropolis Armor
1. Guide Topic: Deathknight, Necromancer and Paladin Classes Guide
2. Why I feel this guide is essential:

This Guide will be come in handy for Player who wanted to learn more to unlock Deathknight, Necromancer, and Paladin Maximum Potential

4. Extra information or notes:

This guide was originally Sir Cursed Hero (Forum old name The Chosen1) guide. The guide has been taken over by me. Here is the link to the old guide. And this will be the 6th guide that was owned by me. So I asking for a permission to make a guide more than 5 Guide (Which is the limit of guide ownership).

Thank you very much

Guide not approved.
The name of the original owner has been misspelled in a few places, and banners that were once used by the original owner remain. It would be recommended that you create/obtain new banners for this Guide or eliminate them entirely, as you are now the owner of this Guide. Other than this, your Guide seems quite nice, and so it may be approved once this is done. It would also be worth noting that your ownership of this Guide should be fine, though it is your sixth Guide; Class Guides, while difficult to create, do not require much upkeep. -Faerdin

Under Progress, Thank you very much Sir Faerdin

Guide: All You Need to Know about Necropolis Armor
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval?

• Original Owner Name Fixed
  • Original Owner's Banner Removed

How does this make my guide better?

I've Deleted the banner and fixed the owner name (Since it's mispelled).

Thank you very much

Excellent work, though the author's original name (The Chosen1) is still misspelled in the credits. You'll still be able to edit your Guide, though, so this is only a minor issue. Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin

Thank you very much Sir Faerdin. I'll correct it as soon as posible

< Message edited by Troy Darksword -- 6/18/2012 3:42:30 >
Post #: 29
6/17/2012 23:35:39   
ZanpakuTô
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Guide:
* Accessories by Level <--- Current
* Accessories by Level <--- Revised

1. Guide Topic: Displays accessories by their levels
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: It lists all accessories by their levels for easy pickings of accessories for a specific level
4. Extra information or notes: Requested by Peachii that I take over

Approved and moved. Thanks for taking over the guide and manage it again! ~Peachii

< Message edited by Peachii -- 6/17/2012 23:52:13 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
6/23/2012 4:58:00   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Guide: A-Z Monsters by Weaknesses/Strengths
1. Guide Topic: An A-Z list of monsters by strengths and weaknesses.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: This guide lists all monsters by their weaknesses, and it will be helpful to players who need to look for a specific monster's resistances.
4. Extra information or notes: No further information.

Looks good. Only a small note that I saw. Some of the lines are across and some stack up below the resistance. i.e. darkness at 15 and 20. It's really noticeable in the fire section. It looks a bit odd to have some go sideways and some stretch down. Other then that good job. Approved, Moved, Stickies. 23JUN12 ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 6/23/2012 5:22:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
6/23/2012 11:51:43   
  Hopeful Guy

Guide: All you need to know about DragonLords
1. Guide Topic: How best to use DragonLord, guidance for those who are new to the class
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: There are several DragonLords who struggle with using the class well. This guide can help them.
4. Extra information or notes: THIS IS MY SIXTH GUIDE.

Guide not approved.
As is stated in the rules of the Dragonfable Pending Guides Forum:
quote:

5. Original content is absolutely necessary. At MINIMUM, all guides must contain 75% original information and insight. There is no need for a reposting of information available elsewhere. Reposting of Encyclopedia entries, other guides, as well as the use of long developer/staff/member quotes in their entirety should be avoided if at all possible, and reposting sections of entries/short quotes should be used only to support individual insight and assessment. Guides that do not present original information cannot be approved.
That being said, I think there is a lot more information on the DragonLord Armor that could be covered, such as Matching Equipment (For the normal DragonLord) and explanations regarding the Color Custom and Evolved counterparts. However, the information that you do have is very good, and so I am sure your Guide may be approved once this has been amended. To confirm, since Class Guides do not require a great deal of upkeep after creation, it is fine that this is your sixth Guide. -Faerdin 6/23/12

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 6/23/2012 13:27:38 >
DF  Post #: 32
6/23/2012 15:02:37   
  Hopeful Guy

Guide: All you need to know about DragonLords
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval? Added in the Appearance section (thanks Faerdin), explained about EDL/CCDL/CCEDL.
How does this make my guide better? It helps the player who is trying to find out how to look best or is wondering whether getting other DL versions is worth it.

quote:

If, after an initial declination, you believe that your guide is ready for approval, please create a new post

So, yeah, a new post.

Should the DragonLord Class change over the course of its updates, I suppose the information could be updated and changed. Excellent work. Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin 6/23/12

WOOHOO! *starts shuffling*

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 6/23/2012 15:09:38 >
DF  Post #: 33
7/30/2012 4:13:02   
  Hopeful Guy

Guide: All you need to know about Kathool Adept
1. Guide Topic: Helping Kathool Adepts familiarise themselves with the class.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: Kathool Adept is a very popular class, and some people get stuck on how to use it.
4. Extra information or notes: Guide 7. In the Skills section, all damage% values are double the pedia figures, due to 200% base damage.

Excellent work, but it has come to my attention that you are using DF Encyclopedia images and information without having credited them for it. I shall approve your Guide, but please amend this here and in your other Guides the moment you are able. Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin 7/30/2012

Oh, yep. Done!

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 8/25/2012 0:49:30 >
DF  Post #: 34
8/24/2012 21:54:45   
InsertWittyNameHere

Guide: All you need to know about Technomancer
1. Guide Topic: Information regarding how to obtain and properly use the Technomancer class.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: I feel this guide is essential because there may be newer players who are confused and can use some guidance on how to use the class.
3. Do I wish my guide to be locked if not approved? No.
4. Extra information or notes: NA.

Excellent work, good sir! Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin 8/25/12

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 8/25/2012 0:49:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/29/2012 18:58:08   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Guide: DragonFable Quest Guide
1. Guide Topic: A list of all of DragonFable's quests followed by an overview of all of the non-Rare ones.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: DragonFable is a huge game with a lot of quests. A listing of all of them as well as an overview of them is a helpful thing. This is also an already approved guide, given to me by Ash when I volunteered for it in 'New Guide Owners Needed' thread.
3. Do I wish my guide to be locked if not approved? No. I've worked very hard on it, and it would be a shame for it to be locked just because I goofed up somewhere. I'm more than willing to make any changes needed.
4. Extra information or notes: I cannot overview the seasonal quests until they come around. The DragonLord's Birthday quest is overviewed because I realized it would be a good idea to do it during the month it was up. I am just waiting for the holidays in question to be able to overview the Seasonal quests. Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the original guide was placed in the 'Pedia under the 'Locations/Quests/Events' section. Oh, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work on this guide. I hope I've done a good job on it.

You did an amazing job Gingkage. Your guide is approved and ready for everyone. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 8/30/2012 2:09:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
9/1/2012 17:37:53   
Dragonlord93

Guide: Guide to Alexander's past Guide to Alexander's past/ Previous owner's guide
1. Guide Topic: a guide on the Alexanders storyline
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: To help those get through Alexander's story
3. Do I wish my guide to be locked if not approved? No, I would like to correct the guide if necessary
4. Extra information or notes: Made a new guide on the Alexander saga with the original guide owners contributions

Not approved. I find that the guide right now is not really helping every player to the end of the whole saga. If you scroll through the comments of the previous owner you will see some ideas you could add into your guide. The last few quests also barely explain anything aside from the actual story and this guide is not meant to be just a short version of the story.
Try to add more content to help the player get through the saga and the guide will be ready for approval.
~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 9/2/2012 2:27:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
9/2/2012 19:06:42   
Dragonlord93

Guide: Guide to Alexander's past
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval? The last 3 quests are explained in better detail, added a recommended build section, updated the best weapons FAQ entry.
How does this make my guide better? There is a section with a recommended build for Alexander, added the Green Rose staff and the ice Rose staff to the best weapons section of the FAQ, added a little more content to the last 3 quests in the saga.

Approved, could always use a few tweaks but it serves its purpose. Thank you for taking your time in making this guide and completing it of course
~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 9/3/2012 9:36:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
9/29/2012 13:30:55   
  Hopeful Guy

Guide: All you need to know about Zardbie
1. Guide Topic: Helping owners of the Zardbie armor to utilize it fully
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: The Armor Closet is quite popular, and some may want to use Zardbie but not understand how to use it.
3. Do I wish my guide to be locked if not approved? No.
4. Extra information or notes: Co-owned by myself and Joerte. My 8th (!) guide.

A useful source of information for an underrated Class. Excellent work, you two. Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 9/29/2012 14:31:22 >
DF  Post #: 39
10/25/2012 15:50:16   
pjc
Legendary AK!!!

Guide: A-Z Houses and House Items http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20797001
1. Guide Topic: An index of all Houses and House Items in DF
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: It's an essential Pedia index, and I'm taking it over, as Leon ShadowHart had to retire it. Without it, houses everywhere will fall into disrepair, and armageddon is sure to follow.
4. Extra information or notes: N/A

Guide not approved.
The uppermost banner has a width that is greater than the maximum width allowed in Dragonfable Guides. Resolving this issue will allow approval. -Faerdin

Guide: A-Z Houses and House Items http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20797001
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval? I have reduced the banner size to 500 x 67 pixels.
How does this make my guide better? It no longer breaks the maximum size rule for banners.

Excellent work! Guide approved and moved. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/26/2012 19:27:38 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
10/25/2012 20:48:42   
RamDF
Helpful!

Guide: All You Need to Know about Warriors
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20679290
1. Guide Topic: A guide on warriors, specifically the strategies they can use.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: Almost all classes currently have a guide but warrior has none at all. Warrior, being a base class, needs a guide to help players unlock its full potential and understand the class well.
4. Extra information or notes: NIL

Guide not approved.
When Guides are dedicated to a topic such as a Base Class, they are generally intended not only to instruct a player on how to use the Class mentioned in the Guide's name, but also to offer a brief overview on other Classes and how that Base Class may eventually use other Classes to their advantage. The Warrior Class is a stepping stone for many Dragonfable players on their journey for greater power, and so providing information so that the reader may accomplish this is very important.
That being said, it would be very good to see more information concerning not only the Warrior Class itself, but the Warrior play-style in Dragonfable. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/25/2012 21:16:35 >
DF  Post #: 41
10/26/2012 4:56:46   
Joerte
Friendly! Creative!

Guide:All You Need to Know about Dragonrider. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20728513&mpage=1&key=�
1. Guide Topic:A guide on DragonRider with a lot of info.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: Everyone has to use it at some point
4. Extra information or notes:N/A.

Guide not approved.
Several images from the Dragonfable Encyclopedia had been used in this Guide, and so the Dragonfable Encyclopedia must be credited.
In addition, a very important part of most Class Guides would be thorough instructions on how to obtain and train the Class in question. Certain Classes do not need to be trained and so this step can be avoided somewhat (Zardbie, enTropy, and Kathool Adept being examples), but Classes that do need to be trained need to have Guides that properly explain their methods of training. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/26/2012 19:22:51 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 42
10/26/2012 20:25:48   
Dragonlord93

Guide: Dragonslayer Armor Guide
1. Guide Topic: A guide on the DragonSlayer Armor
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: It is a guide on the DragonSlayer armor
3. Do I wish my guide to be lockedif not approved? No, I would like the chance redo anything that needs to be done
4. Extra information or Notes: Almost all of the information in this guide I have put in and added to the best of my abililty. If anything is wrong please let me know so I may correct it as soon as possible.

Guide not approved.
First, the banner exceeds the size limits set in the Dragonfable Pending Guides Forum Rules (500x500).
I would also recommend expanding upon the FAQ section of your Guide. It is off to a good start, but could always use some more questions. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/26/2012 20:53:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
10/27/2012 10:58:32   
Joerte
Friendly! Creative!

Guide: All you need to know about DragonRider http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20728513
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval? I added a FAQ, credited the encyclopaedia page owner and added how to obtain it
How does this make my guide better?It gives credit where due, it answers some questions and shows people who are new how to obtain it.

There was one small thing I had overlooked. I will still approve your Guide, though, because it does seem to be in very good shape now. When you are able, I would advise formulating alternative Battle Strategies that do not involve the usage of Primal Skills, as there are players who can't. Aside from that, excellent work. Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/27/2012 15:16:20 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 44
10/27/2012 12:46:58   
Dragonlord93

Guide: DragonSlayer Armor Guide
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval?:Changed the banner so it is now not violating any of the rules, added 3 more FAQ's
How does this make my guide better?: Banner is now 500 X 500, added 3 more questions to the FAQ

At long last, DragonSlayer has a Guide. Excellent work! Guide approved and moved. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/27/2012 15:21:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
11/4/2012 0:15:25   
voldy27

Guide: Dragonfable History & Plot Synopsis
1. Guide Topic: A guide on the story of DF
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: The old guide is totally outdated, and I believe that a guide on storyline is necessary
4. Extra information or notes: N/A

Guide not approved.
Throughout the Guide are typos that, while minimal at first, accumulate and can make the Guide somewhat tedious to comprehend on the whole. Before applying for Guide approval, I would very strongly recommend proofreading and eliminating as many typos as possible to provide a thorough yet easily understandable coverage of Dragonfable and its history. Some typos can be acceptable for other forms of Guides, as they often are accompanied by numbers and visual aids to convey their meaning and assist readers, but a Guide that is purely based on writing and focused on the telling of Dragonfable's story should contain as few typos as possible. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 11/4/2012 0:33:14 >
Post #: 46
11/9/2012 20:18:25   
  Hopeful Guy

Guide: A Guide to being the Ultimate Warrior
1. Guide Topic: All a person could possibly want to know on Warrior.
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: Warrior is the most common base class, and people need help using it.
4. Extra information or notes: RamDF PMed me asking whether we could combine guides, so I have listed him as a co-owner. I ask that Ram's guide (pre-merger) is removed. Link: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20679290

Both of you have done an excellent job on this Guide. It is not of utmost importance at the moment since they are still in the Previewing stage of development, but I would also recommend adding a section on Riftwalker at a later date. Guide approved and moved! -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 11/9/2012 20:57:35 >
DF  Post #: 47
11/22/2012 21:33:51   
voldy27

Guide: Dragonfable History & Plot Synopsis
What has changed since the last time I asked for approval?The typos have been edited, newest info added, and I have proofread the guide to minimize errors.
How does this make my guide better?It will be easier to understand and hence not so confusing

Guide not approved.
There is still a formidable amount of typos that have not been corrected.
The issue at hand is that most words have been spelled correctly, but there is a large amount of grammatical errors, with this being one example:

"She attacks you, and you defeats her. You asks her to free Aria as you presents to her the Schnozzberry bush. The Queen fainted after trying one. Meanwhile you save Aria and left the queendom."

When it should be more so like this:

"She attacks you, and you defeat her. You ask her to free Aria as you present the Schnozzberry bush to her. The Queen faints after trying one. Meanwhile, you save Aria and leave the queendom."

I would recommend recruiting another Forum Member who might be able to aid in correcting such mistakes. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 11/23/2012 0:35:40 >
Post #: 48
12/10/2012 20:32:49   
Dragonman

Guide: A-Z Minigames
1. Guide Topic: An Alphabetical Listing of Minigames
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: First off, there already was one, but it had fallen into disrepair and I got mine from Ash. I also feel that a listing of the locations where minigames can be found could be helpful for people who are looking for a small, fun, distraction.
4. Extra information or notes: None, except I feel really silly because I've had it done for a few weeks now, and I'm looking forward to taking over another guide!

Excellent work! Guide approved and moved. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 12/10/2012 22:47:49 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/31/2012 5:07:46   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

Guide: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20985110 A-Z Accessories
1. Guide Topic: Accessories listed alphabetically
2. Why I feel this guide is essential: A summary of all accessories in DragonFable. Current index has not be updated for quite some time.
4. Extra information or notes: None

Thank you for taking it over. :) Moved to replace the old one. ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 12/31/2012 5:28:03 >
DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: =DF= Approval Requests
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition