The Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules
This is the forum for you to discuss OverSoul, a new PvP game!
All Universal Forum Rules relating to posting behavior apply!
These should be the first thing you read when you join the forums. They apply everywhere; this means that any behavior prohibited by the Universal Rules is prohibited in this forum. This means no flaming, no trolling, no spamming your signature or emoticons, and no mentioning hacking. Period.
Begging for Membership, or an upgrade to any of the other AE games is not permitted. Do NOT do it at all, not in PMs, not in threads. There are no contests for which an upgrade is a prize, either.
Please do not post in a thread unless you have something to add to the topic at hand. Please stay on topic at all times - the title of a thread will reference its content.
In general, you will receive a PM about any post that you make which is deleted. However, posts in Design Notes threads and Release threads (such as a War thread) may be deleted without notification. Posts solely there for whining will also be deleted without notice.
Mature Game Content: These forums are strictly PG
Since this game is being directed at a more mature player base there will be things mentioned or shown in Oversoul itself or on the Oversoul Wiki that are not appropriate for the forums. As the various things that are shown or mentioned in Oversoul or on Oversoul's Wiki may be appropriate for the game that does not make it appropriate for the forums so please keep the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules in mind when posting. If you are unsure whether what you want to post is in line with the Forum's Rules please PM an Archknight or Moderator in AE Staff and Staff Assistants List for clarification.
Cheating/hacking: no discussion of these topics.
On Basic Courtesy:
- Posting screenshots of content not officially released - This breaks the above stated rule, as well. Sometimes it can be from a bug exploit or coding error. Whatever the case, it is not allowed. If you do find a problem (or what you think could be a problem), PM a someone on the Forum Staff (administrator or moderator).
- Found a character you suspect is a cheater, or found websites with information about hacking? Gather the information (for a character: character ID, why you think it is a cheater and screenshot proof), and PM the details to a Moderator. Do NOT post it in the forums. If you do not include the character's name, we cannot take any action.
- If you think your account has been scammed/hacked: please follow this link. Posting about it in the forums will not help you and any posts of this nature will be deleted and treated as spam.
Note: Any reports for people phishing passwords, or trying to trick people out of their account information must be done via the in-game report system.
Always assume good faith Differences of opinion and misunderstanding happen. Accusing people of dishonesty or hostility creates an environment of negativity, which can only serve to disrupt the community.
The forums are made up of a very diverse cross-section of the global community. Accordingly, we ask you to remember that not everyone speaks English as a primary language. Not everyone has the same education. Not everyone is of the same race, ethnicity or religion. Not everyone has the same ideas and opinions as you do. Treat each other with kindness, respect and tolerance. This is not a request.
It is a very bad idea to make demands (including that they read the rules), issue orders, warn them, or otherwise engage in mini-moderating. If you have any doubts about whether you can make such a post without mini-moderating, it is best to not make the post at all.
Please refrain from posting in very problematic threads (those which by nature violate the rules of this forums) and instead alert a moderator or AK to their presence.
What is it?
Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.
Does it help? How?
Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.
Example of Constructive Criticism:
"I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"
Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
"I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"
Character Suggestion Contests
1) Content posted MUST be PG. If you post on this forum, you post in PG. Anything not PG will be removed. Period. End of discussion.
2) Backstory must not have content above PG. That means sexual content, drug related content (and yes, that includes smoking and drinking), and language content inappropriate for PG audiences is not allowed.
3) Keep all your suggestions in ONE post. If you are creative enough to have more than one, they all go in ONE post. Do not double post. Do not triple post, etc. One post, per person, per contest.
4) If you have something removed for content, either edit the suggestion to make it forum friendly, or follow the directions for submitting directly to Nulgath.
5) If you have questions about your entry, contact Mritha or Eukara Vox.
These rules are non-negotiable.
~AE Forum Administration Staff
< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/21/2014 13:48:09 >