Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What Would YOU Like to See?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What Would YOU Like to See?
Page 5 of 29«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2012 22:49:09   
Starstruck
Friendly!

I was originally going to suggest a strategy-heavy game, but with a community resource as good as AE's, this might not work out. Eventually we'll stratify into the casual players, the metaplayers, the anti-metaplayers, and the master strategists, as with any game that involves strategy where all members are on equal footing and allowed to confer with each other on a highly public forum.

So here's my suggestion. Make membership worthwhile (better cards, better enemies to possess), and include multiple levels of membership (Free - Demo - Silver - Gold - Master), single upgrades all of them. This is assuming that the server operates similar to something like AQ, DF, or MQ and does not require subscription on the level of AQW's, naturally. However, upgrades should not make the player, and strategy and adaptive thinking should be central, rather than simple damage dealing.

On the other hand, damage dealing is fun, and as long as there are creative and well-animated attacks I won't mind if strategy plays no part in it. Well, that's not true. I would mind a great deal if there is no strategy. If there's some strategy that'd be okay, though.

It's taking me all of my willpower not to ask for animating lessons after seeing Nulgath's work on Youtube. He's gooooood...

>Do what Nulgath wants, keep the players out of it.

Have you ever done some big project that requires a great deal of creativity? I know from personal experience that it's difficult to come up with original ideas one after the other. This is an ambitious project, and if everything is left completely up to Nulgath, we won't see it until 2014. This thread is to hasten the development of the game and allow players to suggest ideas and elements that could actually show up in the game, giving you a warm fuzzy feeling for being right/being a part of the game's development. Everybody wins.

DF MQ  Post #: 101
2/19/2012 23:05:52   
streetnaruto

no memberships just soulcash (os`s varium) . Robots or cyborgs nulgath donot dissapoint me i want something futuristic in a old age world technomancer too
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
2/19/2012 23:14:29   
Cyberbeast10

Being a tactical-PVP game. I would like (and expect) to see a variety of abilities and play-styles. Amongst the ones I can think of are:

-The simple "Do the most damage possible in the shortest amount of time" tactic
-Tanking
-De-buffing
-Self-Buffing
-Locking (Prevent opponent's actions)
-Healing (Not entirely the same as tanking, since tanking would involve defense)
-Speed (This is assuming there is a system that will allow you to attack more than once)

Speaking of speed, has Nulgath planned anything like that? A combat system that will let you act more quickly or make more actions in 1 turn? I've noticed in a screenshot of how the combat was done that some actions had a certain number of them which I assume mean their strength. Maybe a counter system could be made where you can only perform a set value of actions before the other player can react?

AQW Epic  Post #: 103
2/20/2012 1:08:45   
Henry 8

I'd like to see a fast combat system. Turn based battle is cool and is more strategic then non-turn based battle but is often to slow. If Nulgath and Warlic could incorporate that speed in to turn based combat that would be great!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
2/20/2012 2:23:07   
AQWorldsTombSK4Life

quote:

no memberships just soulcash (os`s varium) . Robots or cyborgs nulgath donot dissapoint me i want something futuristic in a old age world technomancer too

And this is the same parasitic embryo mentality that is keeping AQWorlds from reaching it's potential.

quote:

>Do what Nulgath wants, keep the players out of it.

Have you ever done some big project that requires a great deal of creativity? I know from personal experience that it's difficult to come up with original ideas one after the other. This is an ambitious project, and if everything is left completely up to Nulgath, we won't see it until 2014. This thread is to hasten the development of the game and allow players to suggest ideas and elements that could actually show up in the game, giving you a warm fuzzy feeling for being right/being a part of the game's development. Everybody wins.

This. Nulgath doesn't need us to create his game, the member's of the majority of the AQWorlds community is what he dislikes most. The Majority will only want items, and to "look cool" or
"GIVE ME RAREZZZZ LULZ" I am implying this because of what i can infer from Nulgath works from what i have seen in the past.

Nulgath should do what he wants to do, not what we want. If he wants to know what I, you, or the guy that posts below us wants, he will ask us when he wants us to suggest. He doesn't even like the idea of Oversoul having a forums on AE's forums, It sounded like he is against it. The only way i will get a warm fuzzy feeling is when i am taking over some poor creatures body, after I defeat the previous owner in combat. Nulgath wants to make a game that he would play, a game that he likes to play just so happens to be a game that I like to play as well.

~Removed unnecessary commentary. Please be respectful when posting here.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 2/20/2012 10:31:06 >
Post #: 105
2/20/2012 2:25:58   
dragon lord0987

Not just the human race, but different races, such as orcs, goblins, gnomes, elfs, werewolfs, trolls, and dwarfs.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 106
2/20/2012 2:30:04   
AQWorldsTombSK4Life

quote:

Not just the human race, but different races, such as orcs, goblins, gnomes, elfs, werewolfs, trolls, and dwarfs.

Here is a link with the Design notes. It gives you the information you need.

quote:

I'd like to see a fast combat system. Turn based battle is cool and is more strategic then non-turn based battle but is often to slow. If Nulgath and Warlic could incorporate that speed in to turn based combat that would be great!

The speed is adjacent to that of the length of the animation.

Post edited to remove unnecessary content. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 2/20/2012 9:08:06 >
Post #: 107
2/20/2012 5:46:16   
schillie

I would like to see a trade system! and a decent quest line you can follow.
Also, something fun to do so players dont have to be bored and wait for fridays.
Something to keep the players busy
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
2/20/2012 8:22:13   
The Sum Of All Fears

This system is familiar... Patapon? Anyone? :)

I like the system that will be implemented since it will add more diversity to the game. I just hope that other AE artists will also contribute to the game such as:

Solrac, Dage The Evil, J6, Aegis and other new artists.

Peace,
The Sum Of All Fears

AQW  Post #: 109
2/20/2012 13:36:38   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

One thing I'd really like to see is a break from "Good" looks good and "Evil" looks evil. Just because he's a hunchback who dresses in dark rags and has a recently decapitated head slung over his shoulder does not make him evil. Likewise just because a crusader has regal armor does not make him good.

While evil will look evil and good good for the majority of the time it would be really cool if you could tint the mold from occasionally - especially if it's a story driven possesion! I can think of few things cooler then doing a quest leading up to someone not being the alignment they seemed to be or being able to push that individual down the path of either alignments with your actions - regardless of their appearance.

It would also be cool if certain character progressions required in game interactions as well as xp progression. Taking the ever popular vampire advancement, it would be cool if you had to find another vampire to bite your character to turn him down that path - or just use a vampire minion you already have. I don't know how the leveling thing is set out but doing something like that would lead to some awesome interaction with your people - and the town blacksmith would be seeing some real strange folk coming to him for pretty odd jobs.

Different skins for the same monsters wont be possible the way this game is set out...

Got another thing I"d like to throw out here but I don't have time to write a text wall right now :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
2/20/2012 19:00:56   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

@Henry 8 - the turns do at least have a timer. perhaps i "faster channel" or some similarly names thing sould be made for individuals who wanted shorter turn times to que separately from the ones with the initial timer. but a suggestion like that i imagine would have to wait until we discover how hasty the combat already is.

@Tristar Nexus - i too like evil looking heroes and good looking villains, and given the fact that each character/monster is individual, i'd imagine we will see a few. like nulgath said, he can essentially put anything in as long as it's not too big, the game animations wont be confined to a single adaptive template.

@Cyberbeast10 - as each character will come with it's own selection of skills / deck, and it's own talent tree, i imagine we'll see all of those various styles of combat.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
2/20/2012 22:12:58   
Starstruck
Friendly!

I'm fairly sure Nulgath said something about an Light-element champion somewhere, but I doubt it. 'Twas probably someone else.

But yeah, I'm all for having evil-looking heroes and pretty villains. Ones that don't look like they are losing sleep and hunched over or superfat or skeletal or just plain black and white EVIL.

Like a Doomkitten. That would be awesome.
DF MQ  Post #: 112
2/21/2012 15:11:02   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

@Starstruck: Wait, Does that mean you want a Good Doomkitten or an Evil Doomkitten? I find it hard to tell :)

This is going to start broaching onto questionable expectations but I'll plow on regardless. I don't like the statement that anything you battle will be possessable. I say this because it cuts out some awesome battle opportunities. I'm talking about enemies so large that they not only take up the entire screen but are actually a majority of the background. In the end, the cool bit of the whole adventuring thing is over stepping your place. In this game your place is pretty damn high. You not going to be able to take on Nulgath but you should be able to anger some pretty mighty incarnations with a chance of walking away. Alive. Sort of. For that reason there should be enemies so powerful that you not allowed to use them. There should be enemies so powerful that you take them on in 3v1 Battle! (3v3 was a feature wasn't it? So 3v1 should be possible). I'm talking about taking on a Kraken! Not the garden variety squid the've been reduced to in other AE games but the original behemoth of the deep. The kind So big that the enviroment you fight the Kraken on is Kraken. Standing amid a mass of tenticles with more tenticles not only blocking out the landscape but even most of the light from the night sky - while you pray to whatever diety will still accept you that the 3 Master level minions are well sync'd enough to take it on. When I talk of Kraken I'm not talking of monolithic sea squid only, I'm talking about entities that even Nulgath wouldn't take on. Not to imply that these creature's power would be anywhere near Nulgath's, just that these creatures potency would be enough to make Nulgath... Hesitate. And when you flaunting the baby kraken you stole of it's dead parent Nulgath surely can't help but notice.

The next thing is only possible if we had some screen sized bosses (which I doubt in itself) but the coolest boss encounter I can imagine would be one that broke the fourth wall. Taking our kraken it would be awesome if it took up not only the whole game screen but starting wrapping it's tenticles around the outer border of the game, even having a tenticle wrapped around it's own health bar. I'm not going to give any needless explanation of why this would be cool, just fair warning that many people would start slamming the "Abscond" button.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
2/23/2012 15:38:33   
exalaber

After seeing the list of the current creatures we can control I was impressed. I would like to also see some water beasts like the hydra with big teeth and arms with claws, but not too big. What I would also like to see is a dinosaur race like a t-rex or a raptor. Ugh, I will just make a list:

-hydra, with arms and claws with big teeth
-raptors or even more cool a t-rex
-A phenix with flames or golden feathers on the tips would be amazing
-Not a where wolf but like a where cat with big claws would be sick
-Bears like a brown bear, grizzly, polar bear.
-I would also like just not a golden dragon and a black dragon, it wold be cool if you could do different variations of dragons like a robot dragon, space dragon "which has been seen before in aq and wf"
-Drakel would be a good one, still not sure if drakel is similar to your "dragon kind" I would like to know
-A demonic mini dragon that has short legs but muscular arms and kind of zombified like the skin in parts is eroding and the face is missing some skin in the jaws so you can see all the teeth on that whole side would be legit
-you should do tree monsters of that sort
-A robot juggernaut with a machine gun would be sick but also a dragon arm on one side with a skeletal head wold be the coolest thing ever!

I know this would be a lot to ask but these are just ideas for the future or now depending. These are my opinion not pushing any of these although they would be super awesome.
Appreciate the attention.
Post #: 114
2/23/2012 16:46:26   
Secret1337

Ragnarok Soldiers/Mages/Roughs. Neutral. They would be the Archfiend/Archangel for the neutral.
Post #: 115
2/23/2012 18:30:23   
Thiefboy109

Used Water Gun! (MQ Pedia)

Hmm... a Hydra as mentioned above would be very appreciated.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sea Serpent or more water creatures in general. Giant Turtle is cool too.

Also, I really want each creature to be very unique. They should really all be different but able to compete with each other.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 116
2/23/2012 18:38:00   
Glais

Eh since Dragons can't be too big, I thinm it would be cool to have some sort of LoveCraftian Horror entity.
Alternatively, Eergy Beings could work.

I quite like the Hydra idea, your AQW Hydra was always my favorite monster (alongside Black Knight). Had such great art.
Post #: 117
2/27/2012 7:11:45   
Zeuzt

hmm this game is turning interesting
will there be A i don't know Touchscreen version
Post #: 118
2/27/2012 9:47:27   
Voidrix

An auction house,if you have too much money but want an item,to can go to make an offer or a "Buy directly" option (Obviously you get your money back if your offer is lower than the next made).
And viceversa.
MQ  Post #: 119
2/27/2012 22:21:52   
imlittlebug13

i want to see adveture secwences (ima bad splellr) and [REALY EPEC FIGHTING SENCE!!!!!!=#CC000][/color]

smile jesus loves you! :)
AQW  Post #: 120
2/28/2012 14:53:55   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

I'm going to do some sentance twisting here to say something. I'd like to see players being able to possess all characters regardless of being evil, good or neutral. All characters should be useable as well. I'm not saying they should be worth using in PvP, stat penalties to a neutral character if you evil with even harsher repercussions if you evil and using good monsters (to the point where losing is all but guaranteed. In PvE is should still be possible to take on much weaker characters with minions not of your faction.

I say this because limiting character use cuts out a massive chunk of possible progression trees. Take the idea of "Redeemed" undead. Undead somehow brought back to the side of good (a high level good character). Having random "Redeemed" wandering about is kind of dull. Its possible but it doesn't add anything to the game. Given the puppet master position you play in this game (an oversoul controlling other characters actions) it adds something to the game to actually decide your minions fate. This shouldn't be limited to making your minions stronger, it should extend to controlling what sort of people your minions turn out to be. I say this because there should be blessedly few "Redeemed" wandering about, there should just be generic undead. Through your actions you should be able to redeem a generic undead minion, gaining a powerful weapon and making the world a lighter place while you at it. This requires though that you play with an evil character while being of good alignment - because if you not a good character you would neither be inclined nor able to turn an evil being to the good side. The same applies for neutral and evil characters and gives a much more diverse set of trees (with far more choices and restrictions in the most unlikely of places).

Again this requires you be able to use characters which are not of your faction. This should not be useful, it should be hard, frustrating and generally far underpowered. It should be annoying. And yet, at the end of the day a good player should be able to alter the fate of a zombie to one not lost to darkness. Thats what I think anyway.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
2/28/2012 17:57:53   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

i like the idea of having a few sort of... hmm... extreme character events like that which would require huge faction grinding and difficult quests, but i dont think it's particularly necessary to implement the whole being able to use characters of the wrong alignment to implement. that sort of undermines the importance nulgath is trying to enforce around the alignments. he's said quite a few times that he wants it to be an important decision. we're not even sure if changing alignment like that would even be possible. however, if it is, it's a nice idea. possess some specific good characters, grind your way over to evil where u can no-longer use them, but have a specific event somewhere in game that requires both -35 evil and the possession of an Arch Angel (for example) in your ranks, that gives a long and arduous quest that culminates in a battle against a Fallen Angel which, if defeated, can then be possessed. that way the use of the creature could be entirely self contained in the event and not bork up the alignment thing :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
3/1/2012 11:25:29   
Shadowwalker

Perhaps "Pink Slips PvP?"
By this I mean the ability to wager your current possession against the opponents. Loser takes the others possession. Perhaps make it a toggle-able function. I have a feeling for veteran players this could make the rounds interesting when it comes to the player rankings. A winner could fall easier if they were to lose a prized possession (no pun intended), while someone of a higher skill, and possible lower possession, could gain higher level possessions without having to hunt for them (e.g A player who beat someone with a rare possession would be saved the time of trying to find it themselves, however if they lose they need to start over with a new/old possession).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 123
3/1/2012 11:30:01   
megakyle777

I don't know about that Shadowwalker. I don't think a lot of people are willing to lose their characters or relics because of PVP. However, i do agree that there needs to be some risk to PVP.

...How about instead we have some kind of PVP token that can be traded in for items, and you can either go for a garenteed Token from the fight if you lose, three if you win, or you can go for five or six tokens and if you lose get nothing?
DF  Post #: 124
3/1/2012 11:43:06   
Shadowwalker

That could also work, but I think both sides waging something would make the PvP system much more competitive. Part of the reason I was unimpressed with the DF PvP was the fact that people could farm trophies off of fake, but similarly leveled, accounts. It would take time admittedly, but you would still be able to get a relatively large amount of trophies quite quickly. If you set up a vouching system, it would require there to be actual risk when fighting. This would help to cut down on token farming. Perhaps the tokens would come from completing quests, similar to the defender medal system? This would make it a little more difficult than simply buying them for the in game currency. I assume players would be able to change these tokens for rewards?

< Message edited by Shadowwalker -- 3/1/2012 11:50:32 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What Would YOU Like to See?
Page 5 of 29«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition