Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers (now with 300% more Nulgath!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers (now with 300% more Nulgath!)
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/20/2012 14:38:14   
P4RAD0X

why bi-weekly releases? How much content should we expect from these releases?

My Oversoul character = Psunami
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
3/20/2012 16:11:23   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

Will this game be Flash based or Browser based? I ask because I have friends with Tablets. Wondering if they'll be able to play the game on them?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 177
3/20/2012 20:57:16   
Thiefboy109

Used Water Gun! (MQ Pedia)

P4radox: Most likely due to time constraints. It's not easy to make an entire release in a week, so bi-weekly releases are more doable.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 178
3/20/2012 23:15:21   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

@Desmodus - i dare say it'll be unlikely to be able to possess any neutral character at start. i would imagine that they all have additional requirements such as level. oh, and u have to defeat them to start with of course. however it does beg the question, what will we first possess? and how will we get it if we cannot combat it?

@Maxandstewart - well that all depends on your family ^-^

@tristar - there are some posts about the mage engine and spell server here if they help at all - http://jdfight.wordpress.com/

-

i finally have a question: will we be able to control multiples of the same character (such as 3 paladins, or 3 nulgaths), or are they all unique, or have other such limitations?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 179
3/21/2012 9:13:42   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

@Mturf: The important thing is that the engine is not based in Flash. I'm not sure of the specifics of browser based engines but C# looks promising for being able to use them.

Wonder why that weren't put up as a design notes post on the oversoul webpage?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 180
3/31/2012 20:15:34   
EpicDevilDestroyer

1.) Nulgath, when the game fully releases... may I battle you? :o unsure if anyone ask this yet.
2.) Let's say a group of people (2 or more) are fighting a boss monster AI. Are party battles are going to be implemented or only solo battles?
3.) are there special shops, like merge shops?
4.) what's the max level cap?
5.) may I have one of your juggernaut cookies?

EDITING!:
I have another question, what do you mean by "rare" cards? Cards that are hard to find, or are only available once and you can never get them back? I need to know this before the game releases. Thank you

< Message edited by EpicDevilDestroyer -- 4/1/2012 13:22:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 181
3/31/2012 22:20:14   
rif90

Will it also include a storyline? Like in Aqworlds?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
4/1/2012 2:23:27   
Lord Hades

quote:

@Desmodus - i dare say it'll be unlikely to be able to possess any neutral character at start. i would imagine that they all have additional requirements such as level. oh, and u have to defeat them to start with of course. however it does beg the question, what will we first possess? and how will we get it if we cannot combat it?

I'd guess we begin with a neutral character and work our way up (or down) the alignment scale as the game progresses.

quote:

Will it also include a storyline? Like in Aqworlds?

I believe there is a storyline, but we don't know much about it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
4/4/2012 7:42:08   
SOuL Prisnor

O yea , finally a game on my name :P :D

aniways , my ques , is .... how will i know when OS is going for its alpha phase??? will anyway i be contacted to take part it alpha?? is it possible for them to send message to every one playing AE games, like how they send now, when theirs new release in the game .... coz i dont wanna miss this game's alpha testing , after all "Nulgath" toke so much pain and made this game on "My" Name

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
4/4/2012 14:21:24   
The Noob of Legend

I have two queations.

1. When in battle are you timed? If yes then are you timed on monsters, players or both?
2.With your stat record, will other players be able to see them or not?
AQW Epic  Post #: 185
4/4/2012 20:39:27   
  ND Mallet

Gotta Go Fast (OSGD/ED Balance)

1. Chances are very good since it appears to be turn based and there needs to be a way for battles to keep going if the other guy goes AFK in battle. In ED, the system applies to NPC enemies as well, whether they can remove it only from NPCs and not PvP is unknown.

2. Nobody knows this for certain except maybe the staff.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
4/5/2012 10:47:30   
EpicDevilDestroyer

@The Noob of Legend:
I think you will have a time limit when you are fighting against an actual player in PvP mode. Maybe not if you're fighting against a CPU AI. Not sure if this is right, since it's just my thoughts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 187
4/5/2012 15:08:09   
Cannon

I have a question:

Where's Nulgath? He hasn't answered any questions for at least 2 weeks!
DF  Post #: 188
4/5/2012 16:34:37   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

The Void lord is... absent :/
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 189
4/6/2012 7:10:58   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

@Cannon a good question, altho one cannot truly begrudge him for working too hard to field questions ^-^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
4/7/2012 11:14:42   
EpicDevilDestroyer

@mturf
Or he's making a suprise for us and he doesn't want us to know, maybe. Anyway, Nulgath been working hard, so it's best to give him time @Cannon
quote:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
Be patient! I'm working as fast as I can.
AQW Epic  Post #: 191
4/7/2012 21:12:50   
Lord Hades

Sorry if these questions have already been asked--I might have accidentally skipped over them.
1. Experience system: Does experience go only to the captured characters, or is there a personal (soul-wide) experience level as well?
2. Naming: I'm assuming we name our Soul...does its name automatically transfer over to the members of our battling party, do we get to choose the members' names, or are they pre-set?
Thanks!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
4/7/2012 22:16:32   
Twilly Paladin Zack

Char Names: Do we use our Username, or do we pick our own Name?
AQW Epic  Post #: 193
4/8/2012 11:35:43   
EpicDevilDestroyer

@ Lord Hades:
I think you level up your character, and your character will level up from Apprentice to Veteren, to Champion, and finally Master. I don't think we get to name our cards, they just have the name of their class. Paladin will be named Paladin and Archfiend will be named Archfiend. But it'll be cool if we get to name our cards, I want to name my kitten "Dark Destroyer" and my archfiend "Fluffy".

@ Twilly Paladin Zack:
We get to pick our own name for our account, yes. read the last FAQ question.

Edit: I have one more question...

If we got killed by Nulgath, how will our main character look like?

< Message edited by EpicDevilDestroyer -- 4/8/2012 11:41:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 194
4/8/2012 17:30:55   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

dont mistake our possessed characters to be cardst. the cards are what we control them via. we dont kill a paladin and he drops a paladin card for our deck, we kill a paladin, vacate his soul and control his body. the paladin comes with a deck of his own for us to use.

as for leveling i too am curious. it makes sense that we would level our soul to progress with the story and possess characters with higher requirements, but whether the said possessed minion will automatically scale to your level or whether we need to power it up from lvl 1 could work fine either way. i would imagine tho that if we do have to level them independently that certain characters start at a certain level (such as the level u captured them at).

naming too, i'm intrigued. personally i see the naming of all our characters to be unimportant, and potentially space in the upload/download info that would slow the game for little benefit (if that was the case it would be nice to have an option to disable custom nameplates during pvp). however i do believe that if it is possible it would be a very nice way to allow our characters a little customization with little effort in the way of art/etc.

our soul's appearance, well, i guess that could be anything. i'd like to see a little customization of ur look b4 the game start (such as gender and haircut), and after u get deaded you end up with a simple spectral humanoid version of what u chose. however with that said, i'd also be more than content with our protagonist just being the pre-loading blue flame soul from aqw (maybe color custom for teh lols ^-^) when he/she isn't controlling a character they've possessed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 195
4/9/2012 18:21:38   
tapititon

Can the background be changed? I don't think that the girl's armor on the right is... appropriate. Some people or parents might find that offensive, changing it before the game is officially released could prevent multiple complaints about that.

Seeing a girl in light armor isn't going to help sell out your game or make people want to try it out.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 196
4/9/2012 18:29:00   
Desmodus

^The game is aimed at a more mature audiance than AE's other games. And who knows? Maybe the skimpy women would be a selling point for some folks?

And it's not like she completely naked, or anything like that. So it's still rather safe, at least, if you're 16+.
AQ AQW  Post #: 197
4/9/2012 21:22:51   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

just put nulgath in a thong on the other side of the screen to make everyone happy.

oh no...
... i might have to draw that now too.
curse my brain!

Edit: Wait! i'm saved, i dont need to. i just checked again and...
http://oversoul.artix.com/images/bgs/bg-oversoul-v2.jpg
...he's already nude

< Message edited by mturf -- 4/9/2012 21:29:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
4/10/2012 8:48:21   
Desmodus

^It shows that truly nothing can contain the Void Lord, not even clothes.

And what happened to the girl in the lower right corner?
AQ AQW  Post #: 199
4/10/2012 16:05:15   
Twilly Paladin Zack

@Des

I think it said on Miltoniusarts Twitter that she is an Ice Queen.

Kinda creepy if you ask me. :P

Oh, he also made a Fire, or Lava Queen
AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers (now with 300% more Nulgath!)
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition