Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Oversoul= Design Notes February 16th, 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =Oversoul= Design Notes February 16th, 2012
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/16/2012 11:39:19   
  Nulgath
Oversoul

quote:

OVERSOUL Character Tree System!
Posted on February 16, 2012 by Nulgath

This week we'll be giving you a sneak peek at the Character Tree system of Oversoul. When you possess a new character, they start at level 1, Neutral standing.
Once you reach a certain level requirement, you'll be given the option to change your appearance on the Character Tree.
You start as an Apprentice then progress up to Veteran, Champion and finally Master! Here are just a few examples you'll find in-game:

Types of Character Trees:

Common and Legendary Character Trees: The Character Tree will be a key part of the game because it allows you to change not only your appearance but your card deck
and elemental standing marked by the colored globes. As you can see above, you have many paths to take but not all characters will have such a broad selection. Most Character Trees will
only reach Veteran or Champion. Only Legendary Characters will have ALL of the tree open to them and be able to reach the Master levels. Some Character Trees may reveal a new character
for you to unlock after completing a quest or objective.

Character Trees with Customizable Card Decks: Some Character Trees will give players the ability to customize their card decks with all the character cards
the player has unlocked within that particular Character Tree. These Character Trees would only be allowed one elemental standing and for good reason. We don't want Lava monsters spewing
ice bolts or Vampires casting light spells for example. As th game progresses we may allow elements that don't clash to work together. Like the Neutral element being allowed to mix with any
other element. Or maybe a Lich that can cast both Shadow and Ice spells. So as you can see the Character Tree plays a variety of roles when developing your characters.

Endless Variety of Characters: There is no standard character model in Oversoul. Which means almost any kind of character you can think of can be played in
Oversoul as long as they aren't too big. The Character Tree allows characters to make dramatic transformations from say a human to a vampire, werewolf, slime, clouds, inanimate objects,
clowns, birds, ninja, swarm of bugs or even to a dragon.(Medium sized dragons.) The possibilities of progression are endless! But some of you might like the early look of your character so there
will be the ability to lock your appearance or reset your choices.

Stay tuned next week for more sneak peeks into the development of Oversoul!
-Nulgath

< Message edited by Nulgath -- 2/25/2012 4:54:40 >
Post #: 1
2/16/2012 11:58:04   
DoomRevenant

:O Clowns..I see clowns. Me happy.

Okey, okey...this system is awesome, it really focuses on game-play and makes someone actually think about playing and make a strategy...not just hit "x" button to own.

Can't wait for the other sneak peaks.
AQW  Post #: 2
2/16/2012 12:07:38   
Siganiv

This is just epic.
I can't wait to play!
AQW  Post #: 3
2/16/2012 12:08:48   
Firescope

Looks very interesting. Quick questions. Will it be possible to unlock every character with one account?

< Message edited by Firescope -- 2/16/2012 12:09:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
2/16/2012 12:26:28   
BadDream Productions

The Kitten is only a novice ?!

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/16/2012 12:28:50   
megakyle777

Above: But you can choose to have it be a kitten with Master Powers, so it's still cool.
DF  Post #: 6
2/16/2012 12:36:16   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

cute kitten of deadly awesomeness will kill you all
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/16/2012 12:45:42   
megakyle777

If we have what I consider to be enough character slots (5 Upwards, preferably 6 or more) I may get a kitten myself.
DF  Post #: 8
2/16/2012 12:56:12   
Sephiroth

....I still think that the Cat, should be the Master one....
Cats are so...incredibly powerful, with their...cute...deadly eyes of doom! i highly respect them! they get whatever they want by just using their eyes! they are GODS!
AQW  Post #: 9
2/16/2012 13:16:55   
brad paisley fan

Lol you can actually play as an animal...as your primary race

I am so excited...Can't wait to play this game!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/16/2012 13:31:42   
Desmodus

*Wonders how customization of an evil dragon will go* I don't want to be a Dracolich, no I still want my flesh, I just want to look diabolical.

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 2/16/2012 13:33:43 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 11
2/16/2012 16:05:36   
Kinzdor

Looks fun and complicated and simple all at the same time! *mind blown* Though seriously very cool.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/16/2012 16:25:55   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

@desmodus i'm sure dragon will be a popular creature, i'm sure we'll see some evil dragons with flesh
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/16/2012 16:52:31   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

The amount of character customization possible with this system looks amazing. Looks like you're setting yourself up for a lot of drawing, Nulgath! :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/16/2012 17:04:13   
Anime Kitty

I've changed my mind i want to play this badly when i saw dragon i grinned and was super happy. I wish i saw elves (fantasy) or samurai then i would laugh like a villian to my self.

You can't make a candle out of hopes and dreams. They go together like coffee and cream.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/16/2012 17:06:36   
nikietrbg5

This game will be awesome cant wait to see it ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/16/2012 17:27:51   
Mordred

I really wanna be that Master Undead warrior gai.

I think my three go-to characters, based on this system, will be the Undead Warrior(who can get up to Master)(I'd prefer if there was an elven version of him, with exact same armor and battle-style), some form of mage, and a dragon. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
2/16/2012 17:33:34   
ProjectXanatos

OMG, evilness? *cue maniacal laughter and bright light of DOOM* I know EXACTLY what character I will build.

" I have lived my life to the best of my ability. But I have not been able to escape fate... anger... or pain.
Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth.
Reveal to me, once and for all, how all of this...
will end."

-Ezio Auditore
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
2/16/2012 17:40:49   
Wind

Whoah looks heaps cool, the new ranking systems lets hope I don't stay Novice too long :D

I love games that require tactic and skill, plus the skill-tree looks pretty awesome so I'm going to spend a little extra time looking at it.

< Message edited by Wind -- 2/16/2012 17:44:32 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/16/2012 18:59:04   
SonicTbear

quote:

But you can choose to have it be a kitten with Master Powers, so it's still cool
I wanna be a kitten!!!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/16/2012 19:06:07   
Thecheesybeam

I LOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know wut to be? I think I'll be good.

When a warrior enters battle he must never
regret a thing.When there is regret there is
hesitation and when there is hesitation there
is mistake. And when there is mistake there is
death. So now you know.Adieuh.CB
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/16/2012 19:27:17   
Master K

This game actually sounds very fun.
I might consider playing. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/16/2012 19:52:51   
BlueKatz

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Rare Character. I mean I think everyone should be used so players can use any uncommon thing they can think of.

I think the better solution is making "some" Rare Characters with all skill and other Character's Master skills can be unlocked by Paying real money
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/16/2012 20:13:40   
AQWorldsTombSK4Life

I wonder if there will be backstory, and if the body we possess will struggle or will the body;s original soul flow into the other plane.
Post #: 24
2/16/2012 20:43:50   
Thiefboy109

Used Water Gun! (MQ Pedia)

Amazing stuff, Nulgath. Looks as though this will be quite a deep and enjoyable game!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =Oversoul= Design Notes February 16th, 2012
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition