Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 5 of 18«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2012 15:31:26   
goldslayer1

quote:

You wrote that awhile back ago, but I just had to comment on this. What exactly have we got? 2 things. 1,000 varium last year and a bike this year. The Founder armor that we "got" did we buy just as any other promo, with the 10k varium package

they didn't pay for the armor they payed for 10k varium and got the armor free, along with a cheevo.
but if thats not enough, they later save 25% (sorry its more than 25% after the armor enhancement gets put in) because they dont have to buy armors, because they already had the best armor in the game from like day 1.

quote:

When was Beta? Like, 3 years ago? How many people still are Beta-Testers AND STILL PLAY OFTEN?

how many founders still play often? i count few.

but thats not the point, there are people out there who spent 10 times more than those founders on this game and aren't getting the same treatment. why?
and thats what isn't right.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 15:32:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
2/23/2012 15:39:02   
Joe10112

quote:

Stop using aqw founder to support your its fair thing because it is not. In aqw you can pay money within that time (further supporting the game) and get the promo items.In aqw i dint get the 1 upholder but i got 2nd and 3rd which is fair.Would it be so bad to give us a promo weapon by supporting the game in its birthday? Sure you held the game for a while but what if we var from now decide to not buy var and quit? heck would you give the founders a weapon for staying? also not even a third of the elite/founder population plays anymore. so us non elite/founder are holding the game now shouldent we get rewarded 1 time a year for doing it?

I'm not a Founder, so I don't stand to benefit.

AQW is very different, for one, they are the #1 game AE has, by far. How many MILLION people play it? I remember Cysero saying that 1/100 people on EARTH play AQW.

And if you vars decide not to buy var and quit, I'm pretty sure no one would beg for you all to stay. Go ahead and quit, it's your decision.

Greedy people nowadays. It's just a dang BIKE, it's not a BOT, not FREE CREDS, not FREE VAR.

It's something that does not AFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL! (Maybe more lag, but there's already alot of lag such that a little more won't hurt)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
2/23/2012 15:39:14   
streetnaruto

if you´re a founder and thinks its fair read the last post in page 4 quote it and answer me
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
2/23/2012 15:40:38   
Oba

quote:

they didn't pay for the armor they payed for 10k varium and got the armor free, along with a cheevo.

Again, they purchased in a game which noone had a clue of what it was, and Founder armor came as a promo, just as the heardbreaker items does now. If you say something else it just proves how stupid you are (yes I do use a inappropiate language now, but this is really pissing me off...).

quote:

there are people out there who spent 10 times more than those founders on this game

This also proves how braindead you are... You clearly have no idea what a Founder is... so please, leave this discussion...

Removed unnecessary comment.

~Aces

< Message edited by BlackAces -- 2/25/2012 19:51:25 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
2/23/2012 15:45:22   
streetnaruto

to bad not much people use forums because then you would hear the voice of the many supporters who want a reward for playing. O and if i quit its no difference but if every var non founder quitted would it make .A hell of difference for again not even a third of founders play anymore .
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
2/23/2012 15:45:54   
Stabilis

*Reads playarn's post*

*Finds cover*

*Watches artillery rounds destroy the forum*

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/23/2012 15:46:15 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 106
2/23/2012 15:46:02   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

how many founders still play often? i count few.

Trololololol. So what's unfair here if it benefits few people? Read few, while thousands actively play ED at least. Yes I read your post, ain't as ignorant to get one point and not care about the rest. Going by your 2nd point there, that means Buffy deserves a lot more due to that? I mean thousands of $s should already give her place on ED Team. She earned it.
But isn't it in sticked topic - it isn't about how much money you pay.

Off you go people, now pick my post apart to add your own opinion as that's what's happening here. We're allowed our own opinion, so are you so why go so against it? None of us are Staff, we don't have final say.
AQ Epic  Post #: 107
2/23/2012 15:48:12   
Oba

quote:

*Reads playarn's post*

*Finds cover*

*Watches artillery rounds destroy the forum*

Im mad, brah
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
2/23/2012 15:48:37   
Sparticus

Its clear there are several classes of players. Varium and non varium, Elites, Founders, Betas and Gammas.

Purchasing stuff in a game that's already running with a track history of producing content isn't all that big a deal.

Being first on the list to purchase anything in a game with little to no track history and who knows what for content is a big deal.

If you purchased Varium and became a game Founder without any guarantee that this game would still be here today and you have bothered to play this many years, you deserve to get something. What that something is, that is up to the DEVS. You get nothing for spending money to benefit yourself except the satisfaction of knowing someone else can feed their family on your dime.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
2/23/2012 15:48:59   
Stabilis

quote:

So what's unfair here if it benefits few people?

That not everyone has equal opportunity?

Yes this is a game for your own entertainment, but IRL elitism breeds rebellion. Could happen here too eventually. It just takes the right kind of person to be tipped over the edge, and everyone who is in the same boat as that one person is will call themselves his/her crew.
AQ Epic  Post #: 110
2/23/2012 15:49:08   
Joe10112

@Streetnaruto: Mightaswell look at the post that I wrote. I'll add on to that.

ED runs the game how they want to. Sure, YOU might think you deserve extra stuff for helping out ED during it's birthday. Think-what other game gives out this many promos and stuff? ED gave out bonus items with 10k Var packages, AQW gives bonus items in-game for real items, etc...

I don't think many other games do as much as ED and AQW do.

So what you are saying, Streetnaruto, is that "Hey, I paid $X for ED, Founders only played $X/Y dollars (y>1), yet they still get promos?" It's because they paid first. If a company doesn't get enough funding to get on it's feet, the company will go out of buisness, and future investors won't be able to get shares.

Think about it this way:

Apple was a small company way back when it was first founded. People joined Apple and spent maybe $100 for some shares on Apple, for a small percentage of Apple's Stock. But think about it this way-that $100 has multiplied x-fold into maybe multi-million dollars. (New Promos for those original founders)

And what about people who spent $1000 on Apple Stocks when it was successful, way later during it's production? Say, 5 years ago? Sure, their stocks jumped some $$, but not as much as the people who first invested in Apple. (The promos that come along with the Var Packages).

< Message edited by Joe10112 -- 2/23/2012 15:52:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
2/23/2012 15:50:10   
Santa ClawZz

Hi Goldy.

quote:

They gold armor free, along with a very cool looking, 5500 rating points worth cheevo BECAUSE THAT WAS THE PROMO BACK THEN.

quote:

founders, the beta package free
elites only payed like $20, got like 20k varium (or unlimited varium, something like that at the time)
got founder package, and beta package free. thats well worth over $100 when they only payed like $20

When I purchased Elite "membership?", I read I would only have to pay once and I'd get lifetime member supplies. Around 6 months later, this game merged with AE and they still let us have unlimited varium for some period of time along with Founder status and everything that came with it. Think about it this way though, is the Founder Armor worth what I was promised for a lifetime? Free variums? I'm not saying removing the free varium was unfair, but what we got was very fair compared to what we paid for.

It wasn't fair to others, well because they paid for other things, like Varium, a limited amount of it. That's not my problem.

< Message edited by Santa ClawZz -- 2/23/2012 15:51:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 112
2/23/2012 15:52:39   
Oba

Please, tell me how this make sense.
quote:

Stop using aqw founder to support your its fair thing because it is not.

Not even google translate make any sense of it.

< Message edited by BlackAces -- 2/25/2012 19:55:03 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
2/23/2012 15:53:18   
Joe10112

In reply to you, StreetNaruto:

quote:

Think about it this way:

Apple was a small company way back when it was first founded. People joined Apple and spent maybe $100 for some shares on Apple, for a small percentage of Apple's Stock. But think about it this way-that $100 has multiplied x-fold into maybe multi-million dollars. (New Promos for those original founders)

And what about people who spent $1000 on Apple Stocks when it was successful, way later during it's production? Say, 5 years ago? Sure, their stocks jumped some $$, but not as much as the people who first invested in Apple. (The promos that come along with the Var Packages).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
2/23/2012 15:54:09   
Zeoth

Personally I think ur all bein silly arguing about this.

On-topic: While you all have some fair point and I do understand where your coming from tha argument Over the bike I point because, EVERYBODY CAN GET THE SILLY BIKE! founders and elites get it free that's all. Wonder how many creds it's worth to them
Post #: 115
2/23/2012 15:54:21   
streetnaruto

-.- ed is broken. i wont discuss anymore cuz i know most people will stay with their convictions like i will.But what i`ve said is ultimatly the truth
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
2/23/2012 15:54:23   
goldslayer1

quote:

Again, they purchased in a game which noone had a clue of what it was, and Founder armor came as a promo, just as the heardbreaker items does now. If you say something else it just proves how stupid you are (yes I do use a inappropiate language now, but this is really pissing me off...).

im stupid?
if so, then seems to me like im not the only one. ur the one saying they have no clue of what it was.
in that case then, lets go by ur theory.
lets say i joined ED today and decided to upgrade to large pack tomorrow.
i just supported as much as founders did, and i had no clue of what the game was. i should be entitlted to just as much as founders, but the sad reality is i wont be, because all im seeing from founders who are saying they should get rewarded, is greed from people hiding in their "founder" tittle as a reason to keep getting stuff when they already gotten alot.

quote:

Trololololol. So what's unfair here if it benefits few people? Read few, while thousands actively play ED at least. Yes I read your post, ain't as ignorant to get one point and not care about the rest. Going by your 2nd point there, that means Buffy deserves a lot more due to that? I mean thousands of $s should already give her place on ED Team. She earned it.
But isn't it in sticked topic - it isn't about how much money you pay.
if it isn't about money then why are founder bragging about how they supported the game when they (as u claim) had no idea what the game was.

and buffy may have spent thousands yes, but is she getting recognition even as close as the founders who only spent $50?

quote:

When I purchased Elite "membership?", I read I would only have to pay once and I'd get lifetime member supplies. Around 6 months later, this game merged with AE and they still let us have unlimited varium for some period of time along with Founder status and everything that came with it. Think about it this way though, is the Founder Armor worth what I was promised for a lifetime? Free variums? I'm not saying removing the free varium was unfair, but what we got was very fair compared to what we paid for.

thats EDs staff problem tho. i dont think nw or titan had any expirience with price balancing at the time (since they were probably in college years at the time) and AE has given them a screwed up balance to prices. altho titans and nw prices back then were too little for what they were giving, the prices today are too much for what we're getting. but thats a whole nother topic.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 15:59:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
2/23/2012 16:02:31   
Stabilis

I think many of you are quarrelling over the thought of the bike having value. The bike is also a reward. The bike is also worthless.

Is it a bad gift? Is it the last gift? Is it the last straw?

*breaks into song*

But seriously, ONE OF THE LARGEST ISSUES IN EPICDUEL IS DUE TO MISTAKES OF THE PAST CONCEDING INTO THE PRESENT.

Mistakes:

-Buffing founder's armour (this meant that staff had to develop newer, better armours QUICK)

-Enhancements (speeds up the development of future gear)

-Beta gear (very OP, it was THREE WHOLE LEVELS AHEAD OF ITSELF)

I need to think of more good ones like these.
AQ Epic  Post #: 118
2/23/2012 16:03:00   
Oba

quote:

EVERYBODY CAN GET THE SILLY BIKE! founders and elites get it free that's all. Wonder how many creds it's worth to them

Sorry mate, you have missunderstood this. "The Founder Bike is only for Founders and Elites. To give it to anyone else would defeat the purpose." - From NightWraiths twitter.

quote:

lets say i joined ED today and decided to upgrade to large pack tomorrow.
i just supported as much as founders did, and i had no clue of what the game was. i should be entitlted to just as much as founders, but the sad reality is i wont be, because all im seeing from founders who are saying they should get rewarded, is greed from people hiding in their "founder" tittle as a reason to keep getting stuff when they already gotten alot.

You are still not founding for that.

Founder: one who founds, establishes, and erects; one who lays a foundation; an author; one from whom anything originates; one who endows
AND a person who founds or establishes some institution

Oh and sorry I forgot to answer your first question. Yes you are stupid.

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/23/2012 16:06:21 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 119
2/23/2012 16:03:35   
Santa ClawZz

@Gold

Hey, you mentioned it, now you're totally deflecting my argument. Great going buddy.

Alsooooo what you wrote is nowhere near to a reply to my post.
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
2/23/2012 16:04:39   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

We have plans for rewarding later supporters, but nothing concrete and not with this update.
Post #: 121
2/23/2012 16:05:29   
Stabilis

@playarn,

True enough, founding is in relation to time, not just one concept: membership.

Founders being: Membership + eldership.

Throw those 2 together for a cool EpicDuel synthesis.
AQ Epic  Post #: 122
2/23/2012 16:06:45   
streetnaruto

Playarn some founders are using aq worlds upholder as a a refence because they got a Item on its birthday.This is wrong cuz 1:you cant get upholder 1 but u can get upholder 4(this year) 2:they are gettin stuff for supporting in its birthday not because you payed first but because your still paying.3:dont try to use beta berserk as an example cuz theres berserk(same class but member) What`s wrong its not the bike its that i should get rewarded for paying now even if its 1 time a year .Not get rewarded cause i payed a long time ago.One (set of) rewards was fine.But that was yesterday(theoretacly speaking) today should be a reward for every supporter because its the present.

Sure you can say "the game wouldent have hold without us".But we can say "the game is holding now because of us"
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
2/23/2012 16:07:05   
Santa ClawZz

So with supporters, you mean Founders too?

See 'varium players'? We ARE the elites in this game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
2/23/2012 16:08:45   
streetnaruto

nvm what i said. Cinderrela spoke in fairness for all. I can wait.Sorry if i insulted you in anyway.
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 5 of 18«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition