Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Dragons, Undead & Paladins... oh my! Character Suggestion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Dragons, Undead & Paladins... oh my! Character Suggestion Thread
Page 14 of 30«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/30/2012 20:19:21   
Lord Hades

@Glaisaurus_x: Well, seeing as how Soldiers, Archers and Mages turn into Dark Soldiers, Archers, and Mages when they become evil-sided neutral, it's excusable. As for the god question, though, I'm be wondering more just how minor the God might be...after all, if you have a couple thousand players being Gods...the power must be diluted a bit, right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 326
3/30/2012 20:30:45   
Glais

Well that's more typical though, as Evil usually uses Darkness. A god of Darkness being Evil would imply strange things though.

Even if it was minor, a god should be above being possessed by a random bystander's soul.
Post #: 327
3/30/2012 20:33:02   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

maybe the said minor god would choose to be controlled (or at least play along for a while) to further their own motives. ya know, mysterious ways an all that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 328
3/30/2012 20:40:12   
Lord Hades

Plus, our soul being special in some way seems like it could be an important plot device.
But the Darkness element...I'm just stating that it was an excusable mistake, although still a mistake.

< Message edited by Lord Hades -- 3/30/2012 20:49:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 329
3/30/2012 20:44:43   
Glais

Oh, well I definitely agree there. It is an excusable mistake.
Post #: 330
3/31/2012 0:55:31   
Desmodus

You guys think Nulgath would be willing to use player genereated monster artwork? Like, say I were to draw a beastie, then post its pic here and explain it's stats and nature (element standing, enviroments it can be found, alignment, etc); think it'd make the cut? I have quite a few awesome ideas.

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 3/31/2012 0:58:10 >

AQ AQW  Post #: 331
3/31/2012 1:20:29   
Glais

I sure hope so. I'm a decent artist, I'd love to throw some ideas around.
Post #: 332
3/31/2012 1:28:21   
Lord Hades

Huh...I hope he does. It's Spring Break right now and I've nothing to do, so might as well draw a bit. And if the art gets accepted, all the better!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 333
3/31/2012 11:40:23   
Desmodus

Here's something: Cyanis Deamon I drew this guy along time ago. Originally meant for AQ (you can see this in the perspective), he never seemed to find a home there. Maybe OS can provide a home?

Stats and Nature
Element Standing: Favors Earth, uses Fire and Neutral to a lesser extent.
Environment: Temperate Forests, lots of prey. That's really their only motivation for coming to Lore, for the food.
Alignment: Neutral. Again, they just to try new food. Nothing good or evil about that, is there? They don't like how people taste anyway, so they're in no danger.
Size: One head shorter than Nulgath.
Battle Characteristics: They just maul their victims. Cyanis have good overall defenses, but attack strength is where these monsters shine!

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 4/1/2012 0:29:28 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 334
3/31/2012 19:55:55   
EpicDevilDestroyer

quote:

EDIT: sorry, I changed the Gods to Demi-Gods, living deities are a bit overpowered since they are immortal. Demi-gods are part human, so they have a lifespan. They still possess god-like powers, though.

Glais, please forgive me :P

< Message edited by EpicDevilDestroyer -- 3/31/2012 19:56:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 335
4/3/2012 6:40:24   
brotherinlaw

aw man, im a pretty decent artist, but i have no scanner. i had some awsome ideas.

earlier, you guys suggested posting links with our suggestions, so im reposting

frost giant
dracolich (a little bit of flesh makes it fun!)
demon dragon
hellspawn (fire and darkness based classic style demon)
demigod
godkiller
dragonslayer
dracomancer
doomknight (much weaker than spulchure)
juggernaut
fiend dragon
chthonian
archmage
anubis
osiris
ra
horus
greed
glutonny
lust envy
sloth
wrath
pride
hecate (this is just har golem body, she should have three heads and six arms, and maybe a snake tail instead of legs)
embodiment (like the avatars, but they represent ideals)
primordial embodiment (a diety representing an ideal, more powerfull than a god)

BOSS MONSTERS/CHARACTER
death
life (...shut up, im still evil)

ps. gods, in most folklore, can be killed or critically wounded, by other gods. so becoming a god can be completely reasonable once you reach a certain level.

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 4/5/2012 4:49:39 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 336
4/3/2012 14:02:32   
Lord Hades

@brotherinlaw: That still doesn't solve the continuity issues. When it comes to a specific deity's place in the universe...there can be only one.
I just drew a character, too. It's still basically a sketch or rough draft, but I had to ink it in order for my scanner to recognize the image. Any criticisms welcomed!
General
EDIT: Forgot to give stats and such.

Element Standing: Primarily Light, some Neutral.
Environment: Battlefields and castles. Being members of a human military, they would be found with the rest of the army.
Alignment: Good, although an Evil counterpart is possible.
Size: Human-sized.
Battle Characteristics: Generals are defensive strategists. They deal strategic buffs and debuffs, while also serving as a shield for characters with less HP/Stamina.

EDIT (2): Some new ideas.
Empath-Tactical character...reflects damage, and shares harmful status effects (think synchronise ability in Pokémon)
Antipath-Offensive character...deals massive damage, but low stats in every other area.
Shieldmaiden-Defensive character...high physical defense and mediocre attack, but very low magic resistance.
Sage-Defensive character...the magic equivalent to a shieldmaiden, has very low physical defense.

< Message edited by Lord Hades -- 4/3/2012 19:33:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 337
4/4/2012 23:37:00   
Desmodus

^Ooh! Me like! I'd like to see The General fully fleshed out, especially the evil one. The question is do you think it could withstand an attack from the likes of Fenrir, being Ice and Shadow based?

I really need to get drawing! I've been busy with work.

There needs to be Squirrels as possessable creatures; just because there not on the list yet. In my experience squirrels are Neutral-Good (+5 on the scale), planting future trees and stuff.

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 4/4/2012 23:43:53 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 338
4/4/2012 23:54:51   
Lord Hades

Hm...I suppose the General could take a singular hit from almost anything, provided that it has a defensive buff first.

I got an idea for another interesting functional character, though...the Gambler. Gamblers don't really have any specialties--each stat is below average, in fact. However, the Gambler has a useful mechanic...it shifts elements every turn, as well as shifting the elements of incoming attacks. The Gambler could either be a great boon in the hands of a lucky player, or a disaster for an unlucky one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 339
4/5/2012 0:22:49   
reza

wewww
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 340
4/5/2012 3:53:23   
Lord Hades

@Desmodus (or anyone else, but mainly Desmodus): I drew a concept for the Evil General...any criticisms/comments before I fit it to the AQW template?

EDIT: I fit the Evil General to the template and updated the Good one. They're viewable here.

< Message edited by Lord Hades -- 4/6/2012 2:25:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 341
4/5/2012 5:03:15   
brotherinlaw

reincarnation, resurrection, possession, all these could mean the return of a god to the mortal world. depending on how the game views gods, they might be able to be ressurected as long as enough people still beleive. not only does that make infinite regeneration possible, but, since he might leave his original shell behind when he dies or becomes possessed, and then generates a new one upon returning to this world. therefore, you could say that the continuity, the reason why one god keeps coming back, and how you can both control and combat the same person at once, could be explained.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 342
4/5/2012 15:33:17   
Lord Hades

@Brotherinlaw: Except this game uses the Lorian pantheon...of which I don't think there are any gods that fit your description.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 343
4/5/2012 17:58:28   
Desmodus

@Lord Hades: I like it. It sorta reminds me of Lord Arthas, but with an axe (or is that a Halberd? Not sure due to perspective).

About Gambler: I like the idea; but personally; it's seems a bit too risky for my tastes. Theres always that chance of it switching to an element your enemy is resistant to and at the same time switching the incoming attack to something you're weak to. I would rather prefer it if the element remained stable, but with randomized damage modifiers for outgoing attacks; incoming attack damage should remain stable as well (unless of course to did something to your foe with another of your characters earlier that would affect their damage output).
AQ AQW  Post #: 344
4/5/2012 18:16:58   
Lord Hades

@Desmodus: It's a poleaxe. And the whole point of the Gambler is to be risky...I could see it being permanently Chaotic, but incoming damage should be randomized as well as outgoing...randomizing one aspect would be a unique gimmick for a card, but a unique character deserves more.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 345
4/5/2012 18:28:09   
NoahRyuu_Fayth

I'm seeing Fallen Angel but no Dread-Throne Angel? Satan's personal guard aren't evil enough? D:
Post #: 346
4/5/2012 18:34:24   
Desmodus

@Hades: That's ok, it is your idea. I was just stating my tastes :P

@Noah: Me will have to look into that. EDIT: Descrbe it to me, i'll take a crack at drawing it, if you'll allow some creative freedom of course.

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 4/5/2012 19:15:29 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 347
4/6/2012 2:28:00   
Lord Hades

Well, I finished the Generals as well as I can (which isn't much)...they're in an above post.
Today's character idea: The Accumulator. It starts out as the weakest character in the game, and grows more powerful on each passing turn...of course it will have caps, but they'll be pretty high. Ideal for stallers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 348
4/6/2012 7:18:49   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

@Lord Hades (reply to post 343) the game is not necessarily going to use only the Lorian pantheon as we know it. looking at he character list we have obvious god like beings from other cultures. we could easily see a new horde of gods be written into the Lorian works, or far simpler we could have godly beings from other worlds, realities, and times. i wouldn't rule anything out ^-^

< Message edited by mturf -- 4/6/2012 7:19:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 349
4/6/2012 9:17:54   
Desmodus

@Hades: I like them. There's just one thing, the far side of the character is not in umbra like in AQW, as evident by this video (it's the void knight one).
AQ AQW  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Dragons, Undead & Paladins... oh my! Character Suggestion Thread
Page 14 of 30«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition