Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/29/2012 13:26:35   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

February 29, 2012
Leap Day

This post only exists every 4 years

Geez, don’t take me so literally. I don’t constantly put hidden meaning into every syllable I type.

Happy Leap Day, players! Happy Birthday to all of you whose calendar age is 1/4 their chronological age. We’ve got some awesome stuff in store for you this week, so let’s say we jump right on in! (har dee har har)

Please, don’t leave me...

The Heartbreaker saga has come to its, well, heartbreaking conclusion. Players should go to the Guard Outpost in Fortune City to see how your plans turned out. I don’t want to spoil it for you guys, so you’ll just have to report to the Outpost to watch the cutscene.

Since we’ve concluded the Heartbreaker Saga, these missions will be going rare, as well as the Frysteland Aftermath missions, so now is the time to get those in if you haven’t done so already.

New Promotional Pack!

By popular demand (yes, Facebook fans, I’ve seen your constant posts and tweets begging for a new promo pack and “WHEN NEW PROMO PACK? ANSWER NOW!”), the Heartbreaker/Azrael promotional pack, along with all the other Heartbreaker-themed weapons will be going out NEXT week, so players still have another week to purchase this amazing item package.

The Celtic Cleaver, with its "Lucky Strike" skill, and all the other Celtic items from last year are coming back next week as well. What luck!

If it ain’t broke...

Due to the overwhelming popularity of PvP drops, we’re planning to add 50 more broken items! These broken items can be fixed by Ulysses for a mere fraction of the original varium cost, and these new weapons go all the way up to level 33! By Grabthar’s hammer, what a savings!

Balance Changes

A wild Tech Mage appears! Rabblefroth uses Balance Changes. It’s Super Effective!

The balance changes for low-level Tech Mages seemed to work really well, so this week we’re focusing on addressing balance at higher levels. Go Rabblefroth! :D

There goes the neighborhood...

If you follow me (@Cinderella_ED) or Nightwraith (@Nightwraith_ED) on Twitter, you may have seen us conversing with two of the NPCs, specifically Lysander Cox/the NegaWraith (@Negawraith_ED) and Alydriah Descarl (@AllWillObey). If you tweet, feel free to follow all of us on Twitter! In addition, if you haven’t already, “like” us on Facebook at facebook.com/EpicDuelOfficial

Drink! :D

This week’s Insect Fact is based on a brand spanking new paper (seriously, it was just published 10 days ago), so I’m super-excited about this. Endoparasitism by parasitoid wasps is a huge mortality factor for insect larvae across taxa, and insect species have various ways to combat parasitoid infection. One hypothesis for how insects combat parasitoids is the “nasty host hypothesis”, wherein in addition to normal immune response (insects do not have adaptive immune responses like we do, but they do have an immune system that allows them to fend off infection and encapsulate parasites) insects larvae are able to sequester allelochemicals from their host plants and sequester them in their hemolymph and body fat, which poisons the parasites. In the case of the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster, fly larvae that are exposed to ethanol are not parasitized as often by wasps, and when larvae are infected, consumption of ethanol causes increased death of the wasp larvae. Also, after infection, the fly larvae will search for sources of ethanol to consume. Infected fly larvae are twice as likely to survive parasitism by a generalist parasitoid after consuming ethanol than those that did not, indicating that the fly is self-medicating with ethanol. This is not the first time that this has been observed- flies infected with bacteria will give themselves fevers by seeking out heat sources to kill the bacterial infection.

Tags: Cinderella Leap Day balance promotional package Twitter Nightwraith NegaWraith Heartbreaker alydriah

Ehehe, new drops will surely be great addition for some of our top players. :3 And yaaaay for Balance! :D

Tagged! ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 2/29/2012 13:41:47 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
2/29/2012 13:33:28   
Stabilis

quote:

This post only exists every 4 years

Its a trap!

*reserved this post for later*
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/29/2012 13:43:53   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

New Promotional Pack!

I think ik whats the new promo

Uhmm A New Bot and a new Lucky mutating Weapon? with 10% Connect?

What if u not using Assult bot and u r using gamma bot? u cannot debuff. so I think the new bot should be saying like gamma bot but passively disables azrael borg special.

Is like this, if they use azrae borg and I use assult bot i can debuff. if they use azrael borg and i use gamma bot i cant do nothing and they get advantage. But now they get disavantage because i will have this new bot with this new passive special to disable azrael borg special.

Like this: ABorg Defeats GB, AB do like a tie vs ABorg, and NB Defeats ABorg.

ABorg= Azrael Borg
GB= Gamma Bot
AB= Assault bot or rusty
NB=New Bot

< Message edited by raymanpwner -- 2/29/2012 13:47:55 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/29/2012 13:47:46   
Stabilis

Bunnyzookas!

Too soon?

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/29/2012 13:49:57 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
2/29/2012 13:49:28   
Zeruphantom

Hmmm... another promotional pack you say? I've never really intended to buy one of those, but this one could be quite interesting :).
And somebody tell me, are the Celtic Cleavers varium or non-varium? Or both?
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
2/29/2012 13:53:47   
Rayman
Banned

Above: Celtic Cleaver is A varium Sword but there are alot of celtic weapons that have an Special effect that grant a % chance to connect the strike and there are non varium too. Celtic cleaver have a 7% to connect.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/29/2012 14:05:42   
vulkan

why is she talking about the heartbreaker release in the present tense? is it being released now?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/29/2012 14:09:39   
Lord Machaar

Be Careful Rabblefroth The balance changes for low-level Tech Mages is easier because it's for Low-level buddies... So for High-Level buddies you should watch out, Professionals there and all eyes on you, one mistake will destroy the whole bases of PVP, so i hope you take in consider every single detail so you don't secrew it up ;) Oh yeah /cheers for the new PROMO!
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/29/2012 14:10:38   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@vulkan didn't I say not to search every syllable for hidden meanings? :P near future
Post #: 9
2/29/2012 14:10:40   
Calogero

popular demand?? More Promo's??

I'm pretty shure last year people on the forum ( Popular demand )
asked for less promos due to how expensive the packs are that contain said promos...

And how about the storyline... except for the cheevos and tokens, it wasn't that good of a story imo

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/29/2012 14:12:55   
Rayman
Banned

I think they hear the facebook fans only -_- lol.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/29/2012 14:26:07   
8x

Another promo...

Epic  Post #: 12
2/29/2012 14:27:43   
Ranloth
Banned

@8x
That promo is annual/seasonal so we can't call it another one if it comes back every year. If you miss it, there's chance next year. c:
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/29/2012 14:28:00   
Algorithm

The last I seen people desperately craving for a new promo was when the Delta set was still available. The problem with releasing to much promos in such a short amount of time is how much money it cost, and not all players can afford to keep up with it. I really don't understand why you guys can't grasp that :P. EpicDuel has so much potential, but you guys are to busy focusing on sites like Facebook and Twitter to even hear us out on the forums . . . Really pathetic, I thought more of you guys lol.
Post #: 14
2/29/2012 14:30:41   
8x

quote:

@8x
That promo is annual/seasonal so we can't call it another one if it comes back every year. If you miss it, there's chance next year. c:

Why do they always have to make it a promo? Can't they just put the weapon in game? If they want to give us more for our moey they should just add more varium and credits to the packages and not promo items.
Epic  Post #: 15
2/29/2012 14:32:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Current one is in-game IIRC, Frost weapons were too as that's how I bought them. Wasn't Celtic promo in shops last year too? Or was it weaker version of them?

But I think most of the promos during Delta were in-game, I recall 2 being for sure.
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
2/29/2012 14:33:44   
Algorithm

@8x, they don't want to give us more for our money . . . They want more of it, if this weren't the case enhancements wouldn't cost as much as the weapon, and in some cases more than the weapon :P.

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 2/29/2012 14:36:22 >
Post #: 17
2/29/2012 14:38:49   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Andy: I don't think you quite realise, last year, we did stop doing promos from time to time, and put more time in between them, and a lot of the forum complained it wasn't fair, on people who bought packages when there wasn't a promo, or had to wait for an extra few months to buy a package with a promo. Overall, less people complain, and more people are actually happy when it's updated regularly. Just because you prefer it when it isn't, and you've seen a few people agree with you on that, that doesn't mean everyone or the majority of people prefer it like that. Nobody has to buy the Promo's, and technically they're just there as a bonus free with the package, so they're actually a very good thing for players who purchase the package. If you don't want to, don't.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/29/2012 14:44:45   
Oba

quote:

and a lot of the forum complained it wasn't fair

How in the love of god can it be unfair if there not is a promo. Just wait with buying varium if that is so important. Thats what I do, I wait for a good promo before I buy varium... If its not "I have to get varium right away" scenario, then I only buy the 1000 varium pack and get that I need.
Saying its unfair is just another reason for them to whine on the forums...

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/29/2012 14:45:26 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/29/2012 14:46:03   
Fay Beeee

If you guys use Face Book (I do not) I know that Cindy has been swamped there for requests for promos.
Interesting things happening soon. I am exile. lol Well as long as they do not put me in jail. :)

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 2/29/2012 14:50:20 >

Epic  Post #: 20
2/29/2012 14:46:42   
DestruRaGe

Um drops are very cool BUT I dont like those broken ones... as a non var I cant wear them or repair them. Maybe add also broken credit only items.

Epic  Post #: 21
2/29/2012 14:56:13   
Calogero

@ Lycus

A lot more people complained about the every few months another promo... It's not ' Just ' me...
If you recall, there were a whole lot of threads last year about how costly Promos are and how new promos came every 1-3 months making it quite expensive if you wanted to have them....

But in the end that's not my major problem with this game now ( oddly ) It's how Legion won the Frost war and the first thing we got for winning is apparently getting betrayed by Edgar...
It is clear that the game is Exile biased, no matter what he/she says...

On a sidenote, Why do these forums still exist? It seems to me every Dev and Mod moved to eather Facebook or Twitter ( or both )
Devs never have the time to answer here but they do on Twitter?? That's not right at all

< Message edited by andy123 -- 2/29/2012 14:59:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/29/2012 15:18:15   
goldslayer1

cool, another promo package i wont bother getting (because i already have it. and im sure they will make celtic cleaver unselabble during the duration of the promo)

and the connect chance (or luck as cindy calls it) doesn't bypass the 4% default blocking chances.
the only one getting lucky is the other guy ur trying to strike when he has a 4% chance. and u have a boatload of dex over ur enemy +7% connect chance.

and the sword is lvl 30. what lvl 34 will buy a lvl 30 weapon?
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/29/2012 15:23:52   
Oba

^ They never said that Celtic cleaver was gonna be the promo item though. Just that it was returning.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/29/2012 15:24:52   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Andy: Buying a package for the promo is your decision, with most of them, we sell the items in-game as well, so you also have that option if you have already got plenty of Varium.

The reason why that happened, is because that's how the story line was planned to go, the game isn't biased towards any side, if it was biased to Exiles, they would have been made to win the war, but they didn't, Legions now hold the Frysteland, and the Legion Flag is there for everyone to see it's their territory, so I feel that winning the war hasn't came with out it's rewards for Legion, you just don't know how it's going to effect the future!

And the forums are the easiest way for us to read what players think, Twitter is just the easiest thing for the Devs to check when they are busy working, but at the same time, if you bring things up to them on there, you never know whether it will or will not be seen, here you're guaranteed that it will almost definitely be seen by a member of staff. Facebook is the same as Twitter, for Cindy, as her job is Public Relations, she runs the FB page, therefore, she see what everyone on there wants, and she does a great job of keeping on top of most of what pops up on the page! :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition