Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Azrael Borg is OP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Azrael Borg is OP
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/8/2012 10:11:21   
PivotalDisorder

@Remorse: it definitely hits for less, I have used it in focus builds. If I get the Yeti and new bot tomorrow I'll post my results for you.
My mage is my only char with all the bots [except Yeti]
Post #: 26
3/8/2012 13:51:40   
Rayman
Banned

Why the azrael Borg special needs to be unblokable? -_-
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/8/2012 19:09:35   
Retrosaur

Why don't people say Assault Bot is OP'd? After all, it removes all of a debuff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/8/2012 19:39:50   
Sageofpeace

is not useful enough like Assault Bot
Post #: 29
3/8/2012 19:48:07   
Angels Holocaust

I'm pretty sure that the devs will nerf the Azrael Borg. They've changed items in the past to promote sales. Look at the gamma bot, and yeti they were once good, now there ok.
Post #: 30
3/8/2012 19:53:42   
PD

@hypedxlord: Not entirely. Just 80% is removed.
Post #: 31
3/8/2012 20:16:21   
Retrosaur

@PD
Thanks for the correction :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/8/2012 21:41:35   
Omega325

I don t htink its OP i think Defence matrix is OP
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/8/2012 21:53:23   
drinde

^
That doesn't make sense.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 34
3/8/2012 22:12:32   
IsaiahtheMage

@Omega That doesn't make sense. How on Earth is it OP?! @drinde Agreed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/8/2012 22:17:37   
  RabbleFroth

The idea of the bots are to provide new options in battle to suit your playstyle. If one bot is very clearly stronger or more useful in all situations than others, we may have to think about changing them so that more of the options are attractive. Placed taking-a-look-at-this on my (giant) list of things to do when I get back to the office lair.
Post #: 36
3/9/2012 0:05:34   
Mumba

I think azeral and assault bot are both oped 80% debuff is not acceptable. i dont use malf anymore because of the fact that i could take out 45 but they debuff now its only 8 -.- The percent of debuff should go down to 50% not too high not too low :)
Epic  Post #: 37
3/9/2012 0:40:44   
Darkeroid

Assault bot special increases your opponents defenses by debuffing your debuff.But if malf or smoke is debuffed,you can always find another way to deal damage(btw malf is not even needed in my build.I only use it in rare occations when I need it.).But how,if defense matrix is debuffed,can you find a way to get more defese.My strategy against strength builds is defense matrix or technician.But if THESE are debuffed,I am dead in 2 hits.

Epic  Post #: 38
3/9/2012 8:32:58   
Remorse

@ Rabblefroth,

I fail to see here how azreal ADDS options to builds..

What it does is remove once effective counters for the already staretgy ruining builds.

STR builds were more then usable before this bot despite sheilds in fact WITH sheilds they actuly were required to THINK of timing.

Now 1 new oped effortless and strategy desttorying build was made while any buff/defence using build which is basically all builds that dont abuse power lose a stratgy and an option to counter them.

If you want to add options and variety to builds STOP making the powerabusers counterless!! It only forces other people to join them thus SHRINKING options massively.
Not only are they extremely UNpleasant to verse they also cuase luck on both sides to suck and the only effective counter is to outdmaage them in other words join the vairety shrinking builds.

What is the point of this game if it is totaly ruled by power and fast killing??

Azreal bot did NO way add beneficial options to this game what it did was shrink thinking, and fast track it down its obvious slope to unfair, boring, staretgyless, and counter less fights.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 3/9/2012 8:39:58 >
Epic  Post #: 39
3/9/2012 12:17:50   
Midnightsoul

Actually, the yeti is very useful...but it's special is somewhat useless now because of the lack of support builds...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/9/2012 12:20:49   
drinde

^
Dex Build + Yeti?

STR bye bye.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 41
3/9/2012 13:10:12   
PivotalDisorder

Yeti has saved my life countless times. great if you wanna force your opponent to use a blockable attack
or a damage type you are better protected against, but it IS situational like most bots.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 3/9/2012 17:02:05 >
Post #: 42
3/9/2012 13:23:24   
Stabilis

Azrael Borg is a direct attack on defensive gameplay. I see it as damaging to creativity... when the main thing it can do, is make offensive gameplay more attractive, and believe me, the amount of Strength and Support players is headed to outnumber Focus and then the remainder of our society.
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
3/11/2012 17:22:03   
Ez_Ease

I think the bots are fine the way they are. The Azrael bot made it more balance. Let start with why this is so, player on uses a buff of any kind to gain either an offensive advantage or defensive one, if player two does not have a bot or the right character with the appropiate skill to counter he is screwed, but this is okay if you are player one. Once again for the sake of making things fair o that people dont have to think is not good in my opinion. It like making a nuclear weapon first and say crap look what we done, with no way of defending against it. The easiest solution is before you release a new move or weapon try a few alpha or beta testing looking at strenght and weakness, make the adjustment then realease. Oh one more thing I now this is a game and not to be taking so seriously but let use one more example if a football team has a strong running game it forces the defense to either get better players who can tackle or scheme which is uaually 8 or 9 in a box, but like anything this leaves you very open to the pass, but that is countered by does the team has the weapon to exploit. No one in their right mind would say that Adrian Peterson can now only run on second down. You dont create competive balance by saying reducing the other guys ability, it mean suck it up take a few defeats and develope a plan that works for you. Have a great day everyone
Epic  Post #: 44
3/11/2012 17:39:41   
Midnightsoul

@drinde
i have been a yeti user since it was released. it's a great build, but I think the special should last one more turn, but anyways, there's not a lot of support builds so it's not as useful as it once was... :I
i use the a 5 focus dex build or u can watch my youtube vids (theCyberUnion).
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
3/11/2012 18:23:19   
rej

I have noticed that Baby Yeti + Beast Rider is a particularly deadly combination, since there is an extremely high chance that your opponent will activate Frostbite Aura on themselves due to repeated strikes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
3/11/2012 18:44:15   
Stabilis

^

Just ignore the fact that the special is 1-use and blockable, and that frostbite is luck? Not to forget that it mostly affects players who are not of the type to rely on energy, or not be a Strength user. Not to single you out Rej, but I find that using a bot to try and remove 15 energy in 3 turns is just not all convenient to me.
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
3/11/2012 18:47:06   
Ranloth
Banned

Although rej still makes a good point, I'm quite convinced it's a good combination as it's still luck but higher chance. Only TLMs and TMs can easily regenerate Energy, CHs too but not so easily so this might prove useful for those who have these items. I have just Frost weapon, so small chance. xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
3/12/2012 9:51:22   
midnight assassin

I need to correct my post on the other thread. Bh has only few option left and it is posion, 5 focus, dex and tech bh. I just notice the increase of azrael users lately. I am not affected by the bio bot but azrael bot ruined it all.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/12/2012 18:56:41   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Claiming an item is overpowered is not discussion material but rather a balance issue that belongs in the Balance Discussion thread, assuming the original/proposing post is constructive in providing viable solutions and not merely making claims without evidence. Please continue the discussion there instead until a better format for balance discussion can be established since the forum staff are well-aware of the limitations of the existing balance thread.

~Locked
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Azrael Borg is OP
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition