Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2013 10:58:28   
SwagNation9000
Banned

In AQW. They have a lot of sand, much like a sea. It's located in SandSea. Get it, SANDSEA. HAHAHAH.
Post #: 51
7/5/2013 0:57:20   
Heroes of the Scape

AQ: Just noticed that Queen Raycheal the Sunray is a parody of Rachel Ray and he cooking shows and books.

< Message edited by Heroes of the Scape -- 7/5/2013 1:07:10 >
AQ  Post #: 52
7/5/2013 6:45:37   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^ Just as much King Raymoond the Moonray hints at Ray Romano, main protagonist of the show "Everyone Loves Raymond".

Also, Svadilfari's Oath, when it successfully paralyzes an enemy, refers to "Mad Max: Beyond The Thunder Dome".
Post #: 53
7/5/2013 8:24:51   
poopbum

@Heroes of the Scape: To be more precise, it is a parody of Rachel Ray's "40 dollars a day".
AQ  Post #: 54
7/5/2013 14:04:34   
Lord Noonien Soong

In Arcangrove, its a parody of Dragonlances Shoikan Grove, with Rayst named after Raistlin Majere, and the Tower of High Necromancy parodied from the Tower of High sorcery
DF  Post #: 55
7/11/2013 0:08:53   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

If you look carefully at the Tro lo lo lo moglin meme, there's a message written backwards that says "Massage this ignore" which is a really odd sentence. Clever to put it backwards, but that did not escape my detail looking eyes.

Also, that dolphin of evil reminds me of a parody off the penguins of madagascar where they go up against the evil dr. (name i forget) who is an evil dolphin.

And lastly, that moglin with the top hat and Tie, reminds me (quite strangely) of a former moderator that worked on the forum staff team.

Since i'm not completely sure, I won't provide a name though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
7/11/2013 15:05:13   
Twighlight Sky

^
It's actually "Ignore this message". They reversed the order of the words as well.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
7/12/2013 1:14:45   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@twilight, So they did. Thanks for catching that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
7/14/2013 8:05:06   
thetruth2

In DragonFable in Necropolis near Artix there's a tree and when you hover your mouse over it,it says; We are 93.5% certain this is not an evil tree.Give or take 6.5%.

:D

:D i just find it funny that i noticed this years later.
DF  Post #: 59
7/14/2013 14:49:56   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I didn't even know that existed truth, good find. I have a hunch the reference of evil tree could reflect the second evil dead 2 movie where there are references to evil trees.

AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/19/2013 12:18:09   
brotherbeast

Nobody has mentioned teh Z.A.R.D.I.S and it's correlation to the T.A.R.D.I.S
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
7/27/2013 7:54:20   
trekkie5690

In Mechquest, in the March of the Shadowscythe quest "Endgame". After the reset, when Warlic asks you whether or not you want to go back to the past, one of the replies mentions that the electric toilet with three seashells has not even been invented yet. This is a reference to the Sylvester Stallone movie "Demolition Man".
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
9/19/2013 14:40:53   
Dragonlord Blurok

I've noticed a lot of similarities between ArchKnight and Drangonfable, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

spoiler:

In DragonFable, the three Elemental Orbs Sepulchure gets are the Orbs of Fire, Water, and Earth.
In the beginning of Ocarina of Time, you have to collect three stones representing the same elements.

In ArchKnight the Necromancer can only be defeated by the Blade of Destiny, and the Next time the hero sees Ash with the BoD seven years have passed.
In Ocarina of Time, Gannondorf can only be defeated by the Master Sword. When Link draws the Master Sword, he's sent seven years into the future.

During the DragonFable Book 1 finale, Drakath turns into a big scary dragon.
At the end of Ocarina of Time, Gannondorf turns into a big scary boar-type thing.

There are plenty of others that I don't feel like mentioning.

< Message edited by Dragonlord Blurok -- 9/19/2013 14:41:00 >

DF AQW  Post #: 63
9/21/2013 17:06:19   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

In Adventure Quest's newest release where you battle spectres, The text at the top from the Spectres special says "G G G Ghost"

This is a reference to the Scooby doo cartoon because Shaggy Norville is usually the character that says that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
10/14/2013 3:56:07   
Furore

Just played through a story in AQW with a character called Agent Sloan of the Silent Sentinels.

Who bares striking similarities in profession to Agent Sloan who works for Section 31 from Star Trek!

quote:

The Silent Sentinels are a secret group within the Guardians that protect the security interests of the Guardians and the land.

quote:

Section 31 was the name of an officially-nonexistent clandestine organization within Starfleet Intelligence that claimed to protect the security interests of United Earth and later the United Federation of Planets.

< Message edited by Furore -- 10/14/2013 14:59:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
10/18/2013 22:52:14   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

The new aqw release of the 5th underground birthday has a parody of the Gremlin's movie with one of the monsters here.

Also i'm about 40 percent sure that horror creature is something i'd likely see in the silent hill series.

The new aq release is a parody of children of the corn.

Also the monster in said quest pea ditty, seems to remind me of the name of the rapper P.Diddy.

And the pony themed items in aqw are parodies of both my little pony and star wars combined.

Okay AQW! I see what you did there.

The scepter of Divination from the wheel of doom has the text that says "Beware the gypsy powers infused in this staff, for they're guaranteed to blow your mind (anytime!)" the last two parts ignoring the for they're, are direct references to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody song.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 11/4/2013 4:17:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/11/2013 16:31:20   
martin_b94

In adventurequest Zorbak's brother is named Kabroz which is Zorbak backwards and Zorbak is Kabroz backwards XD.
Post #: 67
11/11/2013 23:31:05   
Iron Heart

On Adventure Quest, there is a place on the map called drakelcube P. That quest has alot of DragonBall Z references in it.

First time being on forums, been playing since 2005. Damn.
AQ DF  Post #: 68
12/3/2013 1:38:53   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

in Dragonfables latest Thankstaking quest. (number 8) There are two very interesting References. 1 is a tribute to Dr.Who, and the second one is to a 1980's song. 867 5309.

AQW Epic  Post #: 69
12/3/2013 17:41:03   
Heroes of the Scape

In the recent war in AQ, during the end cutscene your character says; "I love it when a plan comes together". An obvious reference to The A Team and to be specific, John 'Hannibal' Smith.
AQ  Post #: 70
12/4/2013 1:22:08   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Okay. I see what you did there. If you look at the deadites armor in aqw. It says "Join the ranks of the evil undead as a deadite and you'll never go hungry again." Not only is the parody to Evil dead series with bruce campbell. But now AE is making a specific line reference to Scar from the lion king when he is Singing his song "Be Prepared."

Holiday spotter: Today I have spotted a parody of the Hobbit, desolation of smaug. The design note mentions the Smogslayer. The reference is pointing towards the latest hobbit film.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 12/24/2013 17:58:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
1/6/2014 7:28:43   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Maximum obviousness:

Stone Cold Slayer weapon in AQ pretty directly pokes The Texas Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Give me a HELL YEAH.
(I couldn't resist. :p)
Post #: 72
4/14/2014 0:46:57   
cloud 008

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but

laevateinn

is clearly based on the

Chitauri Spear

I feel this should be added to the wikidot as a Note like other parodies are, I attempted to but was unable to I am not the most wiki savvy person in the world.

Alright, Back in game peace
AQ  Post #: 73
5/2/2014 9:36:04   
popinloopy

I'll just leave this link here.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
10/23/2014 0:26:44   
darkpulse29

Spotted a heavy amount of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann references in the game.
Starting from Diozz's mechas (especially Spearhead Mech) and then the Spear of Dragon's Vengeance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition