Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/18/2012 4:47:42   
comicalbike

when we first started to get to know how the game played i had 4 diff accounts to see how they all worked and this was fine, then they made a new system with so you could have 6 accounts in it and they said they would try to get us to transfer all accounts to the new system but it never happened.
because of that i always class change with my main account as its not worth using
the others any more,if they had been in my main account i would not have had to class change ,i like to play all classes so i class change all the time. it is not my fault all the accounts did not get transferred earlier as they never got the system changed
Epic  Post #: 51
3/18/2012 14:31:31   
Retrosaur

Recently playing ED, I have come across a majority of builds that are glass cannons, essentially, players who have weak defenses in general, but strong hitting attacks.

What are your thoughts? I'm afraid that every blood mage I now see is a Fireball - Berzerker user, and every Tech Mage is a Plasma Bolt - Plasma Rain user. Is it, in any way, shape, or form, detrimental to balance?

Merged topic into the balance discussion ~Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 3/20/2012 3:20:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/18/2012 14:35:31   
PivotalDisorder

well most Tech Mages I see are not even remotely made of glass. and I still see more Supercharge builds personally [than caster builds]

Blood Mages are definitely the no1 clone class at the moment cause it wins/loses fast and most "scrubs" prefer that instead of an extended
battle were both players have to utilise all their skills and experience to outlast the other. god forbid anyone plays the game for fun :P

it has ruined the game yet again, probably be 6months before both Mage classes are brought back down to earth, plus CH are still OP,
just considerably slower to win with them than BMs. at least we will have new testers soon, surely that can't be a bad thing.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 3/18/2012 14:37:21 >
Post #: 53
3/18/2012 15:27:40   
Stabilis

I blame skills improving with stats, requirements on stats, agility, and stat progressions.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
3/18/2012 16:51:40   
ScarletReaper

I laugh at strength bloodmages as I destroy them with ease. :p Good strategy wins most of the time unless they get lucky.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
3/18/2012 16:57:15   
PivotalDisorder

@Scarletreaper: ofc you do, you're Cyber Hunter...duh
Post #: 56
3/18/2012 17:00:28   
Mr. Black OP

^
I destroy strength bms too.
But I'm a "glass cannon," 21-26+32 Primary and Gun, 26-32-1 Defense, 21-26+7-1 Resistance.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 3/18/2012 17:30:39 >
Epic  Post #: 57
3/18/2012 17:02:06   
ScarletReaper

My post nerf tacmerc build did too. :p
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/18/2012 17:27:51   
Calogero

Not everyone uses a glass cannon :P

I'm using a rather balanced Tech - Str Build, or is that also considered Glass cannon xD

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
3/18/2012 17:34:32   
Laufey

return deflection with support..
Post #: 60
3/18/2012 17:43:10   
Ranloth
Banned

@Laufey
Any reasoning because of that? It's better with Technology now, makes sense and isn't as bad if you do the math and see the difference. Support is getting a buff, just be patient with it.
Besides we had it all explained a while ago with deflection and why was it moved, if you do the math then you see that you've gained an advantage unless you abuse one stat.
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
3/18/2012 17:48:25   
Joe10112

Just thought about this:

Keep Primary Damage to STR
Move Gun Damage to DEX
Move AUX Damage to TECH
Move Deflect back to SUP
Change Deadly Aim to boost AUX damage

Makes a little more sense and weakens those STR abusers while making them on-par with the DEX and TECH abusers...?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/18/2012 17:50:57   
Mr. Black OP

^
Wouldn't nerf me too bad, I have 93 Strength and 89 Dexterity, but Dexterity abusers are already stronger than Strength from the battles I've been in.
It really wouldn't be fair though, look:
Strength: Primary damage only
Dexterity: Gun damage, chance to block, defense
Technology: Bazooka damage, resistance, robot damage
Support: Chance to go first, chance to do a critical, chance to deflect, resistance to stun

High Tech TM will be ridiculously OP, They will aux, plasma bolt, bot, plasma rain, aux, etc. This means none of their attacks will be block able, auxiliaries also have some the highest damage in game, a +35 gun gains +10 at level 8, so a +39 auxiliary would probably have +12. They will also have incredible resistance.

High Dex CH will not only have his incredible defenses and a high chance to block, but a powerful weapon which will make them a bit OP.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 3/18/2012 18:03:22 >
Epic  Post #: 63
3/18/2012 17:58:14   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Just thought about this:

Keep Primary Damage to STR
Move Gun Damage to DEX
Move AUX Damage to TECH
Move Deflect back to SUP
Change Deadly Aim to boost AUX damage
Makes a little more sense and weakens those STR abusers while making them on-par with the DEX and TECH abusers...?

Gun and fully Dex is a no - some classes will have too much, not just CHs and it was already suggested. Making it 1/2 DEX & 1/2 STR is better.
Aux and Tech? Okay.. Reason?
And Support UP'ed than ever? What would support give me, boost to stats and deflection while other stats give me either damage, or defence + boost to skills at same time?

I would agree on Gun but as I said, making it fully-DEX is a no as people will abuse it even more with compination of other skills - Tech and Dex = Tank with abusive damage? -.-

< Message edited by Trans -- 3/18/2012 17:59:08 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 64
3/18/2012 18:27:31   
Joe10112

Could use a little modification, but my overall thinking was this:

Intimidation = Lowers STR = lowers gun and primary dmg, using my modification, would only lower primary
Smoke would now lower gun damage as well
Malfunction would lower Aux damage
(No SUP debuff, so no damage lowering)

SUP should just be renamed "LUK", as that is technically what it is so far.

And anyway, TECH+DEX abuse = Gun, Aux, (strike), Gun, (strike), (strike), Gun/AUX, which is about 50/50 which is about what we already have normally.

Modifications definently needed, it was just a basic outline as to something that might help.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
3/18/2012 18:51:25   
Stabilis

The suggestion is OK, but what you have done is condense both elementary defense and offense units into one stat. Let us assume that we have a STR player fighting a TEC player, the STR player can use Malfunction and the TEC to use Intimidate. Both players use their specific nerfer skill, and the STR player's damage is reduced... the TEC player's damage is reduced but also their defense. If we assume that there is a stat point equilibrium, the STR player will be dealing more damage per turn because of the one difference, Resistance. It also appears that the TEC player is using an Auxiliary, so they have a cool-down while the STR player does not.

It is still a good suggestion though.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 3/18/2012 18:52:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 66
3/18/2012 19:11:42   
Lord Machaar

I wont say too much, since you guys have the balance tracker, Balance the juggernauts!

MQ Epic  Post #: 67
3/18/2012 21:42:58   
Wraith

@ScarletReaper: Post-nerf TLM was OP...duh

Definition of glass cannon -> STR BM.

@zman: Mind PMing a screeny of your build? As a BH, I'm intrigued by how on earth you keep a good w/l ratio.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 68
3/18/2012 22:06:31   
hardcore59

stop complaining

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
3/18/2012 22:44:38   
ScarletReaper

Obviously you don't speak english, Post nerf means AFTER the nerf. PREnerf means before. :p
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/18/2012 23:49:02   
Mr. Black OP

Alright Wraith, sent you it.
Personally it is detrimental most of them barely have a 72%, and as a strength BH if I go first they are gone unless they are fully enhanced AND have a huge amount of luck.
Epic  Post #: 71
3/19/2012 1:03:45   
Midnightsoul

what if im a str BM that has a skill tree of...

7-8-1
X-7-X
2-7-X
X-X-4

i mean i have the "glass cannon" moves but i dont really cast str moves often against pro players
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
3/19/2012 1:06:27   
Midnightsoul

agility must be lvl scaled...
when levels progress, it would be a nightmare to stay with 95 health...

-Midnightsoul
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/19/2012 4:26:27   
TurkishIncubus

I feel i need to do an explanation cause it seem like most of the ppl doesnt know the difference between "speed build" and "ratio build"

Str BM, Caster TM, most of the str builds = speed builds

Dex Build, SC build, Poison build, 5 focus build etc. = ratio builds

The idea of speed build is not winning every person, a speed build should win fast and lose fast, these builds able to do +45-50 wins per hour while the others can do 30-35. SO its kind of seem stupid when you say "i can defeat BMs" cause those builds dont care who wins, they just spam some attack and if win good if lose dont care.

Note:I didnt said this just for this topic also most ppl in the game doesnt know the difference between the builds.

On Topic:

Why ppl use glass cannon builds?

1) 1 win in 8 turn , 2) 1 win in 4 turns and 1 lose in 4 turns

now can you tell me the difference between these two options(except ratio) ? Absolutely there is not any + with speed build you have the chance to do 2 wins in 8 turn ;) thats why ppl using these builds.

Also lets say a good player "Deathnightmare or Angels Holocaust" , now if you spend 10-15 turns to win these players(you will spend 10-15 turns cause they will heal) IF you win you will get 1 win, and if you win a non varium in 2 turns you will still get 1 win :D. SO whats the point of losing time(10-15 turns) for an uncertain victory ?

You should also consider ratio in this game doesnt do anything thats why ppl dont care the ratio and try to get high amount of wins in short time.
If you want to make WINNING worth it than ED should make a Score system instead of direct wins. Like [Wins x Ratio] will determine Score so it will worth losing 10-15 turns to win a player.

Thx for reading.

Epic  Post #: 74
3/19/2012 7:28:33   
Clavier

I believe every build has a counter. They do great attacks; but have terrible defenses.
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition