Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: March 28th Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: March 28th Design Notes
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2012 12:26:48   
Ranloth
Banned

If by weak you mean that weapon a level above it is stronger by +1 damage and +4 stat points then it's poor comparison. Higher lvl = stronger, always. Besides it's a little difference and they can compete, unless you're power hungry.

@Remorse
Buffs will be buffed when they'll rebalance all weapons (currently up to Lvl 25 IIRC) so I'd say bringing them to equal power would be kinda obvious. If they plan on doing it to Lvl 34 sometime, then they'd be probably buffed to match with standards.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
3/28/2012 12:51:00   
Hallodeath

Bunny Guns?? (o.O) I wonder if they would shot carrots. :P
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/28/2012 13:05:34   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Your enemy will get a free snack then.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 3/28/2012 13:06:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/28/2012 13:38:41   
King FrostLich

I'm hoping for the update to come really early. My flight for my vacation starts at 10 am(10pm on ED time) so I hope the update happens as early as 8 am.
Epic  Post #: 29
3/28/2012 13:46:12   
Basicball

@Frostlich: if there are no bugs, and testing goes according to plan, the updates are usually out around 6-7 PM ED time

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/28/2012 13:51:46   
  RabbleFroth

Regarding the weapon rebalance, I hope to put out some more information by the end of today. Should have some nice charts (I do like me some charts) that illustrate why this was needed, what the goals were, and what it means for your weapons.
Post #: 31
3/28/2012 13:56:05   
King FrostLich

Are all weapons going to be affected in ED? Including old rares?
Epic  Post #: 32
3/28/2012 14:00:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Rabble, would you be able to confirm if it's just weapons up to Lvl 25 or all?
There's few only above Lvl 25 that are a bit off, mostly UPed, and it'd be good to have them changed unless you and the Team have decided to do it for all weapons released before the formula was made (simply, newer weapons are on new standards). And if rares are included?
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
3/28/2012 14:28:38   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@rabble Would the low level weapon sweep include items such as Beta Weapons? My only suggestions for those items is A. Lower the stats they give you. Or B. Give them requirements equivalent to their power level. So they would need more than just lvl 25 stat requirements on them since they are way more powerful than most level 32 gear in terms of stats alone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/28/2012 15:25:24   
Stabilis

quote:

My only suggestions for those items is A. Lower the stats they give you. Or B. Give them requirements equivalent to their power level.

Lower the stats I would agree. Stats should fall by about 2 points for each Beta weapon, and for damage 3 points each weapon. This is what I expect to see (approximate) on Rabble's chart when he brings that out.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 3/28/2012 15:26:05 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
3/28/2012 15:43:18   
PivotalDisorder

if beta weapons are effected their is gonna be a ton of flaming that's for sure, Founders and Betas prove time and again they are not open to change :)
Post #: 36
3/28/2012 15:47:22   
Ranloth
Banned

@Pivotal
Speak for yourself. ;) And sorry but we as Founders/Betas have nothing to discuss. If it's balance change, why should we go against it? AQ has Sweep which is simply Balance changes and all items in game are affected, even those Rare ones which players own so this should be no different. I'm for balance and this change might make some stat-heavy weapons lose on it but many will be improved in damage and/or stats and this means there will be variety + usefullness. :3

If flaming starts, then we know the price for it. I do not want rules to get stricter because some players want more for their Founder perk. I truly do believe the Bike should be the last one and next focus should go on other phases + other supporters before they come back to us, if at all which I won't mind.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
3/28/2012 15:57:39   
PivotalDisorder

I am not a founder or a beta, I am a Gamma :) but I have seen first hand the 20+ pages of flaming when anything Founder related is changed
and I doubt the beta players are gonna be much different if their items are nerfed back to a level 25 standard. but don't take my words as
some kind of agenda against those players, the beta players of yesterday are the gamma players of today and the delta players of tomorrow.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 3/28/2012 15:59:47 >
Post #: 38
3/28/2012 16:04:35   
Ranloth
Banned

And problem is - they should've never been at above Lvl 25 standard so what they will do is balance them. If X item is too strong and all others have to be balanced, it's unfair as people will demand for all the other items to be treated in same way. As I said, we have no right to argue against it and if we do then reasons are obvious as of why they must be nerfed/balanced. :P
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
3/28/2012 16:06:07   
PivotalDisorder

yeah good luck making the population accept that if beta items are "balanced"

excited about the easter Equipment, maybe I can do enough free offers to get something for 1 of my characters :) I'd hate to miss out completely.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 3/28/2012 16:08:11 >
Post #: 40
3/28/2012 16:10:03   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Me hopes for a new energy zooka for my collection :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
3/28/2012 16:14:35   
PivotalDisorder

I am hoping for a single shot physical gun that looks realistic, or futuristic, instead of ripped straight from Borderlands :P
Post #: 42
3/28/2012 16:24:25   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I'm not too sure what i want to be honest, i'd favour the idea of a "silly" weapon, i.e one that looks jokey, and fun if you get my drift.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
3/28/2012 16:28:09   
Hun Kingq

There is no founders and and Betas players anymore, we all are just players. Leave the enhancements slots as 10 on Alpha and Beta weapons but the cost should be proper requirements at the stats where they should have been so they can't put any stat higher then the chart allows as well as give them high health and energy, does not matter what class you are, you can't be exempt from the weapon requirement that over a 1000 other players have to deal with.

For the new weapons they should be a new type of Bunny for Aux and sidearm they should be double shot Energy/physical that shot two shots, one energy one physical, in battle but in 2vs1 and 2vs2 they shot two shots, one energy one physical, at each of the opposing players. They could make the Aux a stun aux as well..

Basicball, last time I checked we are in the Delta Phase.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 3/28/2012 16:39:28 >
Epic  Post #: 44
3/28/2012 16:34:17   
Basicball

quote:

There is no founders and and Betas players anymore

saywhutnoa?

there's plenty of founders and beta's left my friend...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
3/28/2012 17:00:59   
DestruRaGe

Sure release old seasonals again BUT you should make a new ones for lvls 34! For varium and nonvarium alike.
So players at lvl cap got somethin to look for. Also theres still no lv 34 aux for credit only! cmon...

Epic  Post #: 46
3/28/2012 17:30:41   
One Winged Angel1357

I might jump onto HS jsut to grab the NW gear even though I haven't touched my account in ages
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
3/28/2012 17:46:24   
Stabilis

^

Same here, I am a founder even as well, I guess HS just is not as fun as ED LoL.
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
3/28/2012 17:59:14   
One Winged Angel1357

@Void thats why they used some magic to make Nightwraith's Teleporter mess up to make the game more interesting because as everyone knows a bounty hunter always makes things more interesting
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/28/2012 18:36:56   
Stabilis

^

True enough .

@all,

ED may not be AE's most successful game, but due to the fact that it really takes care of player to player relations, it has the most potential for their mmos as a whole.
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: March 28th Design Notes
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition