Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= March 28th Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 28th Design Notes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/31/2012 0:23:42   
Dreiko Shadrack

^That's really not the case in my experience, no one wants to do challenge battles unless they're already your friend.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
3/31/2012 0:57:21   
PivotalDisorder

I find low levels accept challenges all the time, just to see you annihilate them ;)
Post #: 177
3/31/2012 1:01:17   
Dreiko Shadrack

Yeah but see, that's not actually a good thing. If the only real way to complete these missions is to take advantage of the kinds of newbies that click everything then something is drastically wrong with that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
3/31/2012 1:13:18   
Goony
Constructive!

@Drieko, simply create a guest account on another tab and challenge that :) Too easy :p
Epic  Post #: 179
3/31/2012 3:24:33   
sotsemod

challenge missions again!!!
will they ever stop making them?
AQW Epic  Post #: 180
3/31/2012 4:24:08   
Dreiko Shadrack

@Goony
That's not a "simply" that's a borderline rule breaker.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 181
3/31/2012 4:36:23   
TurkishIncubus

I didnt liked the new varium items but beta buff is perfect, thx for that

Epic  Post #: 182
3/31/2012 5:25:57   
Goony
Constructive!

@Dreiko, well it's not in the spirit of the game, but that's how most players do it to avoid the task of finding a challenge! I don't know if you could really interpret it as rule breaking. It doesn't really effect anyone. I thought I'd bring it into the discussion as you were complaining how silly the challenge type missions were! The easy way to fix it would be to have the challenge type missions work from doing 1v1. Then they could also introduce a 2v2 and juggernaut challenge missions...
Epic  Post #: 183
3/31/2012 5:32:10   
Calogero

quote:

Chosen One @Andy, did your mom not let you buy founder too?

Actualy, I buy everything myself, it's only that at that time, my payment option wasn't avaiable hence not being able to get founder

also serious, Betas got buffed?
Worst decision of Froth ever

< Message edited by andy123 -- 3/31/2012 5:35:06 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
3/31/2012 6:45:18   
Ranloth
Banned

I've managed to update all the Staves that are in-game to reflect on the new changes! http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Staffs
Thanks to Practel for giving a spreadsheet with detailed changes + WhiteTiger for correcting few of my mistakes I've made with Broken weapons.
AQ Epic  Post #: 185
3/31/2012 7:08:44   
Fay Beeee

Suggestion for the challenge missions.
How I did most of them.

1st Went to the station. Asked where ever I went, if anyone wanted a challenge fight. Some said yes. So all good.
When they had 'dried up' there, I moved up and down the station. Got some more.
Then I try other areas that have gatherings of people.
Another way is, those that ask for fame. I will fame them for a challenge fight.

I do not expect to win all of them. I keep trying until I have enough for the mission.

Its fun. :)

Epic  Post #: 186
3/31/2012 7:18:48   
PivotalDisorder

the varium guns are enormous and .... ugh

balance is still non-existent. definitely not buying anything from this batch of stuff, game is too painful to play.
Post #: 187
3/31/2012 11:59:03   
DestruRaGe

Tip for challenge mission: Go Central Station where lvl 1 beginners spawn and send them challenge! xD Most accept and it doesnt take
long to get number of wins that you need.

Epic  Post #: 188
3/31/2012 14:58:36   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Drieko- I'm always in a bind with challenge missions. Since I don't yet have support for random PvP missions, I'm stuck using challenge battles for missions. When I put them in: people rage because they hate having to find challengers. When I haven't written one in a while: people rage because I'm straying from the spirit of the game and not writing enough PvP missions.
Post #: 189
3/31/2012 15:08:30   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@cindy Make the Challenge Missions small until you can make it so PvP battles count towards it. Not really long ones like fight 20 or 15. On average, between 5-10. I usually don't do challenge missions myself because I'm usually too lazy to fight someone my level and too moral to pound on lowbies.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
3/31/2012 15:08:58   
Calogero

So it's been half an hour Earth Hour... Wonder if all the lights at AE are out lol

Meh I don't like challenge missions, infact I still have missions to do that required Challenges during the ' Dummy era ' :P
i could always use a guest character =/

< Message edited by andy123 -- 3/31/2012 15:11:36 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
3/31/2012 15:34:12   
Hiddenblade

Im sad that the bunnyzookas, rixty rippers, old promos did not get buffed but beta weapons did! why?
Post #: 192
3/31/2012 15:50:34   
Yo son

bring some awesome bunny guns, might be coolish.
Post #: 193
3/31/2012 23:15:37   
JohnMenzies

I have noticed that there aren't any Non-Varium Staffs.:/

< Message edited by JohnMenzies -- 3/31/2012 23:21:51 >
Epic  Post #: 194
4/1/2012 0:02:01   
PivotalDisorder

@JohnMenzies: here ya go http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Staffs

not sure if all the stats have been updated yet.
Post #: 195
4/1/2012 0:42:45   
Hun Kingq

Alpha and Beta weapons (side arms and aux ) did get a buff still have 10 enhancement slots and still no requirements and can do damage 34 and 30 from +28.

Beta Bazooka (Level 25)

Weapon Details Damage Type: Energy
Equipment Type: Auxiliary
Damage: 34
Enhancement Slots: 10
Stat Modifiers Strength: 0
Dexterity: +7
Technology: +8
Support: 0
Requirements
Level Required: 25
Strength required: 0
Dexterity required: 0
Technology required: 0
Support required: 0

Beta Blaster (Level 25)
Weapon Details Damage Type: Physical
Equipment Type: Gun
Damage: 30
Enhancement Slots: 10
Stat Modifiers Strength: 0
Dexterity: +9
Technology: +9
Support: 0
Requirements
Level Required: 25
Strength required: 0
Dexterity required: 0
Technology required: 0
Support required: 0

If they wanted to limit stat inflation as we all know it as stat abusing how is increasing the Damage on weapons that has no requirement accomplishing this?

All you players that have the Alpha and Beta Weapons you don't have to spend any money anymore, supporting the game, because you got a buff to your weapons without requirements and probably will get another buff to them in a next couple of months. If you have founder armor just use all beta weapons with founder armor and that is a total of 40 enhancement slots with no requirements you can easily Bogart the top of all leader boards everyday, I say go ahead and do it since you liked being worshiped by players.
Epic  Post #: 196
4/1/2012 1:41:58   
Sipping Cider

I like the new weapons, wished they were a bet more powerfull but they still good.

I for once am annoyed though with the choices made by the devs. It was decided that rares would not get buffed anymore, but now they buff beta weapons. I understand that they upgraded at a more crucial time for epicduel, but Beta Gear has been the best gear till at least five levels above its requirement, more than any other item that has come after its time. Even at level 34 these weapons can be competed with now, from one purchase. Not only are these weapons way overpowered for their level, but a primary, sidearm, and aux came with it. That is more gear than two promos give now-a-days.

I definately feel that I am not being taken care of as well as other players who probably have not spent as much money as I have on this game. If promos are getting buffed to compete at higher levels, then buff all promos that are below the level cap.
Epic  Post #: 197
4/1/2012 2:26:56   
PivotalDisorder

I am also kinda pissed that the non-vars got the cool guns and the vars got those hideous egg-briefcase guns that look ridiculous. and not even funny.
Post #: 198
4/1/2012 2:29:13   
Celestine
Constructive!

The weapons are nice, especially the non-varium weapons. I was considering purchasing a gun but they are rather..err..bulky. Either way, they are a decent batch. :)

Rebalancing the stats on items is definitely a step in the right direction. It's nice to see a variety of weapons being used instead of just a clear set.

I haven't done the missions yet, actually I haven't started the saga. x) Should probably get to that.
Looking forward for updates to come now that I have a bit of time to play. :P
DF Epic  Post #: 199
4/1/2012 2:29:47   
RageSoul

I like the auxilliaries and guns ( and the entire release too ) .... but i don't like the weapons' requirements .
AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 28th Design Notes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition