Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What do people think of the stat changing of mid-level weapons?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What do people think of the stat changing of mid-level weapons?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2012 9:34:10   
zion

Since mid-level weapons have been given power boosts, they are extremely powerful for their level.
For example:
A level 24 TM with non-var weapons and with no enhancements could conceivably have (from manually updated compendium):

Name Enh. Slots Level Type Dmg Def Res Stat Modifiers Requirements
Cadenīs Wrath 7 28 28 Energy 28 (-4) 0 0 24 0 37 31 0 0
Ion Blaster 4 20 20 Energy 20 0 0 9 0 0 25 35 0
Lectrooka 4 26 32 Energy 32 (-2) 0 0 6 3 0 36 40 0
Seraph Armor P M 5 28 6 Phys 6 (-4) 0 0 6 5 Male TM (Tech Mage)

Which gives the following stats: 0 0 45 8

Do people think this is a positive or negative trend?

--Noiz

< Message edited by gk365 -- 4/3/2012 10:57:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/3/2012 10:31:46   
Wind

Hey gk365

I highly suggest that it's best you post this in the =ED= Balance Discussion Thread as it is suggested by the moderators, for you to post any topics in the General Discussion section on the topic of "Balance" in the Balance Discussion.

quote:

=ED= Balance Discussion Thread

All balance discussions will be restricted to this thread. This is to condense the many issues that you have all expressed into a single place that the balance people can work on.

Please keep all balance discussions in this thread, and don't forget to follow the forum's rules.

Some things that the balancers would like you to avoid discussing. Please do not post about the following things.

EDIT: Oh ok

I do see where your coming from, and it may seem some classes/ weapons are OP at the moment after the recent balance of lower weapons. This change only happened due to the stats of weapons at different levels being distributed all over the place and for many other possible issues/ reasons too. If there is any problem in the balance now, in a few weeks the balance tracker should pick it up and the Balance Team will be able to fix it.

But I still suggest that this topic should be posted in the Balance thread as, if you believe this is an issue in the game, it will help to notify the team quicker about your suggestions and opinions

< Message edited by Wind -- 4/3/2012 10:56:40 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/3/2012 10:53:42   
zion

I meant this also as a general discussion topic - what do people think of the current stat changing (I was just giving an example)... I moved the more detailed/leading comment to the balance thread.

--Noiz

< Message edited by gk365 -- 4/3/2012 10:59:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/3/2012 11:02:07   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

New weapon power is creating more imbalance

i think i agree to this!! reason?? The old weapons are same strong ,and the new weapons are made week.... how does this helps in balancing??? all i see is , they making a loss for them self in the name sake of balance, LOL , loss? how? well players already have strong old weapons , then y buy new?? unless your a new player , so the players buying the new bunny zooka have become 40% , that are the new players . Players only buy weapons which are strong ...whats the idea of buying a weapon of same power or a bit weaker ???

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/3/2012 11:09:22   
zion

@soul: Are you suggesting that weapon stats and damage should scale in a very clear and obvious way so a higher level weapon will be stronger than a lower level weapon? I hope that is what this is leading to.

--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/3/2012 11:21:59   
midnight assassin

I'm happy that they gave disadvantage to lower level players vs higher players but a bit disappointed because it makes it more imbalance.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 4/3/2012 11:22:14 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/3/2012 11:29:00   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

@soul: Are you suggesting that weapon stats and damage should scale in a very clear and obvious way so a higher level weapon will be stronger than a lower level weapon? I hope that is what this is leading to.

Well , if it does , then it would make more sense . I respect the Dev's and their decision ,but i think , when dev's are doing such a big change, then should think about everything(everything in sense .. they should not take away the reason for what players buy weapons and that is higher stats and high damage , now if they give more importance to "balance" then , sry guys , ur business is going down) !!! not just balance ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/3/2012 18:53:56   
zion

@soul
I agree - the model for making money until now was gradually increasing the power of each successive promotion... and they should probably wait to change weapon stats/damage until they modify every weapon and have tangible rules in place for stats/power for level/varium/rarity. (I thought we dealt with this last summer?)

--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/3/2012 18:56:02   
nico0las

Definitely a positive. Gives mid level players a bit of an advantage. Makes leveling as a varium somewhat more difficult.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What do people think of the stat changing of mid-level weapons?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition