Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 14 of 16«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/21/2014 20:46:21   
Lord Darkblade

It will be sometime in the next 12 days as if a game doesn't have any posts for 2 weeks(14 days) it will be locked.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 326
2/22/2014 19:07:53   
Daimyo Daimyo

Name: ???
Allegiance: Neutral
Inventory:
Crystal: A clear scaly snake belt. You could mistake it for being made of ice.
Power: Portal: Creates two portals linked together. Current limit is two. They can be closed at will. Distance that can be traveled depends on energy exerted.
Lift: Raises something vertically in the air using telekinesis. 20 lbs limit. Can be used on an object already being lifted by someone to make it easier for them (essentially makes an object weight 20 less lbs).
Carry: Lifts and moves that something somewhere else. Again, it can make that something easier for someone to carry.
Push: Moves something without lifting it. Takes less effort than lifting. Can be used in conjunction with a physical push.
Shove: If push comes to shove...
Pull: The opposite of push.
Telepathy: Able to form a mind-link between two people allowing them to communicate with their minds.
Strength Level:
Stability: 60%
Appearance: A 21 year old black-haired male with blue-grey eyes with dark circles underneath. His hair is pressed against his head and pokes at his eyes. He wears a light gray shirt with dark blue jeans. To keep warm at night he has a "galaxy" hoodie colored with splotches of varying shades of blue, with a hint of red and purple, and specks of white for stars. It looks as if someone painted it with water colors. His feet are clad with white socks and black boots. He stands at a height of 5'5''.
History: A stoic boy who constantly has a face of indifference. He will ignore people for the most part. He speaks in a soft monotone voice. His legs are quite fit from all the walking and running he does and his arms are not too shabby either. He is self conscious and will not use his powers around "normal" people fearing that they would rat him out and put him on the S.W.A.T.'s radar. They do not yet know of his existence and he plans to keep it that way.

He ran away from home when he was 14 after he told his parents about the powers he obtained and they reacted violently. Since then, he has been travelling from place to place. He uses fake names. At night, he uses his powers to steal food, drinks, and other necessities from stores that have closed for the day. He keeps it all in a backpack he wears.

He wants a true friend; someone he can trust that would never betray him. Someone to laugh with. Someone to share the good and rough times with. But he doesn't know what to say, what to speak about.
MQ  Post #: 327
2/23/2014 13:53:29   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Yeah, I unfortunately generally don't post until I have to. I kind of run around a lot like that, but if it's at all possible I'll stop the game from being locked.

Update 60 is up, by the way. I had actually written it a while ago for once, before remembering that there were two more characters to write for. It always takes me a little longer to start a character (I still remember the very first update...), because I try to decide a good starting point for what I think the player is trying to do with that character, yet one that will also contribute to the story in some shape or form.

@Daimyo Daimyo:
Hmm. The idea of a nameless guy is certainly interesting, along with the idea that he just wants a true friend.

The powers seem a little too strong to me. Either way the telekinesis things will probably be toned down, but moreso if the Portal power remains. For clarification, the Telepathy power can work on two other people, correct? How many links can be active at a time?

Without the Portal power, I'd suggest that Shove is combined with Push, and Carry is removed. With some planned movement, they'd be easily replaced anyways. Possibly a SL of 4. With the Portal power, I'd suggest that Telepathy, Carry, and Shove are removed, and the Push and Pull powers be toned down. Still probably a SL of 4.

Do you like the general idea of either of those suggestions? Feel free to make your own.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 328
2/23/2014 14:09:43   
kkutwar

Is Hal approved yet or not? I don't see an update for him so I must of done something wrong.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 329
2/23/2014 20:11:59   
Daimyo Daimyo

Yeah, I'll keep portal, push, and pull. Telepathy can only work on one other person at the moment so one active link at a time.
MQ  Post #: 330
3/5/2014 20:40:46   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@kkutwar:
I do not believe we've reached an agreement yet. Do you accept my previous suggestions, then? If so, either repost or edit it into your application, please.

@Daimyo Daimyo:
With the portal, are you fine with the general strength of the Push and Pull powers capping at about the weight of a cardboard box full of books? And not being able to reach automobile speeds, of course?

Do you have any suggestions for how long the portals can be apart and still function properly? And the same question for the telepathy link?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 331
3/5/2014 20:49:49   
Daimyo Daimyo

Is that enough to push someone off-balance? I'm not sure what you're asking for the portals and telepathy link.
MQ  Post #: 332
3/5/2014 20:54:08   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Yes, I imagine that you would be able to push someone off-balance. As for the portals and telepathy link, I was asking the maximum distance. Sorry, in hindsight I worded that weirdly.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 333
3/5/2014 21:06:04   
Daimyo Daimyo

About 30 feet. They can be used to travel up and down too.
MQ  Post #: 334
3/5/2014 21:12:23   
salene

@Astro any idea when part 60 will be up?

-Salene

Violet Feline,
The cats claws,
the cats-nip,
the cats meow,
The cat...?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 335
3/5/2014 21:38:46   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@salene:
Just put it up! I had meant to do it last week, but I ended up not doing so for one reason or another.

@Daimyo Daimyo:
Sounds alright to me. What happens if you try to go through a portal when there is either no other side, or the other one is too far away, though?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 336
3/5/2014 21:49:39   
Daimyo Daimyo

If it's too far away, you walk through that portal and end up on the other side of that same portal. I'm not sure what you mean by there being no other side.
MQ  Post #: 337
3/5/2014 22:13:42   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Sorry, I meant when there was only one portal currently active. I assume that it'd be the same, though.

If that's all, then please update your application, so I can review it a final time before approving your character.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 338
3/5/2014 22:20:03   
Daimyo Daimyo

Name: ???
Allegiance: Neutral
Inventory: Backpack
Crystal: A clear scaly snake belt. You could mistake it for being made of ice.
Power: Portal: Creates two portals linked together. Current limit is two. They can be closed at will. Maximum distance of 30 feet.
Push: Moves something with telekinesis. Weight limit is a box filled with books. Can off-balance someone.
Pull: The opposite of push.
Telepathy: Able to form a mind-link between two people allowing them to communicate with their minds.
Strength Level: 4
Stability: 60%
Appearance: A 21 year old black-haired male with blue-grey eyes with dark circles underneath. His hair is pressed against his head and pokes at his eyes. He wears a light gray shirt with dark blue jeans. To keep warm at night he has a "galaxy" hoodie colored with splotches of varying shades of blue, with a hint of red and purple, and specks of white for stars. It looks as if someone painted it with water colors. His feet are clad with white socks and black boots. He stands at a height of 5'5''.
History: A stoic boy who constantly has a face of indifference. He will ignore people for the most part. He speaks in a soft monotone voice. His legs are quite fit from all the walking and running he does and his arms are not too shabby either. He is self conscious and will not use his powers around "normal" people fearing that they would rat him out and put him on the S.W.A.T.'s radar. They do not yet know of his existence and he plans to keep it that way.

He ran away from home when he was 14 after he told his parents about the powers he obtained and they reacted violently. Since then, he has been travelling from place to place. He uses fake names. At night, he uses his powers to steal food, drinks, and other necessities from stores that have closed for the day. He keeps it all in a backpack he wears.

He wants a true friend; someone he can trust that would never betray him. Someone to laugh with. Someone to share the good and rough times with. But he doesn't know what to say, what to speak about.
MQ  Post #: 339
3/6/2014 20:33:42   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Daimyo Daimyo:
Approved. You'll start in the next update (Remind me if I forget).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 340
3/6/2014 23:08:04   
kkutwar

Personally, since Terrakinesis is such a broad power I think it would be better to deal with the limitations during the game's progress instead of before. After all, just because one could do something doesn't mean they would or even know they could. Now I kind of want to use "Psychokinetic Reconstruction" (In short and very undetailed, instant armor power using random junk)... Had a GM for an RP constantly denying the character just because of the possibility I could scrap other character's gadgets despite my character being a genuine superhero working with the government (that would probably want super-tech in one piece to study[the government, not the superhero]).

Though besides all that, I seriously thought it was all good. You know, Hal is more of a "Weak but Skilled" kind of person anyways. Plus sheer unstoppable power is no fun in a story (despite being an ideal goal of any wannabe supervillain), and it would be horrendous to just go "Rocks falls everyone dies" for every possible occasion. Whatever you think is appropriate regarding his power, I'll obey without complaint. I would just ask you watch how he acts first, but that is simply a request. I have no problems with your suggestions, so unless there is anything else then I'm fine with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 341
3/9/2014 14:21:20   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

If you would rather not know the limitations of your powers before you attempt to try them, then I suppose it would fit into line with the character, as he does not yet know anything about stability or other such things. It had just seemed to me like Hal would be an extremely powerful force that didn't quite understand much more about his powers beyond how to use them. I feel like when viewing the other characters, full terrakinesis is too powerful unless they were all to be buffed accordingly (Which I believe should not occur unless it is a momentous occasion).

Possibly, we could reach a compromise by allowing him to do limited terrakinesis when his stability is low, and the other suggestions otherwise? I don't want to completely design the powers for a character, and it would probably be hard for him to go too far down in stability anyways, given that he'd likely be carrying his weapon around everywhere. I'd probably lean to a SL of 4 with those updates. If you're fine with that, then please update the application and repost it for a final review.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 342
3/10/2014 0:19:33   
kkutwar

Wouldn't it just make more sense for him to be at weakish levels at 100% Stability and steadily become stronger as he loses Stability like everyone else does? I'm not sure what it is you think all applies to his power, but to address anything you might of thought: He can only control solid rock (so no magma/lava), and cannot change their state of matter. He cannot heat up or cool down rock, nor enhance inherit traits of types of rocks. He cannot make rock from thin air, and cannot form types of rock unusual and/or impossible for an area. He cannot control metal (at least directly), and doesn't have any sort of rock-sensing power. He cannot go all Toph with his power either, and doesn't have any form of priority over rocks being used by other terrakinetic abilities.

Besides all that, the more advanced feats of Terrakinesis would require him to do extensive study and research anyways, and he obtained these powers not long before coming to New York. Since he's more focused on rescuing his sister than being an unstoppable earth god most of his tricks ultimately don't exploit science. Plus I wouldn't really say he had the best education, and rarely does anything on computers. So he's too unknowledgable to fully utilize his terrakinetic power.

It really doesn't make sense for his terrakinesis to become more limited as his stability lowers, as that would imply the Terra Spirit inside his crystal is actually much weaker than Hal is. While "terrakinesis becomes limited but also stronger" would work, that would also mean the Spirit itself is just a one trick pony with far too much power behind it. Plus that would bring up the question of how Hal possessed more power than the Spirit he got it from. Now if the limitation was self-imposed because the increasing power is difficult for him to control, I could understand that better.

Though what do I need to update to my application? Plus I would rather not repost as that would be an unnecessary waste of space.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 343
3/12/2014 18:26:11   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Sorry, I had meant that he could perhaps gain limited terrakinesis in the way you wanted when his stability is low. When they were higher, he would only be capable of controlling pre-made smaller earthern objects like I had suggested. I didn't mean that he would become weaker as his stability got lower, I just meant that he could slightly use normal terrakinesis more. I still didn't want it to be fully free-form, but I also want it to satisfy you as well.

I assumed most of the things you listed, with the exception of him not being capable of "going all Toph." I generally try to assume the absolute worst someone can do with the powers they've listed, so of course that came to mind.

The updated application is so that it can remain current for your posts while I'm writing the updates. It's fine if you don't repost it, but it should be edited with any info that might've changed (Such as powers or other such things). I can go digging, if need be.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 344
3/19/2014 20:30:06   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Update 62 is up.

Edit: I think that I forgot to add you in, Daimyo Daimyo. I'll fix it shortly.

Edit 2: You're now in, Daimyo.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 3/19/2014 20:43:57 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 345
3/23/2014 4:28:32   
kkutwar

Name: Hal Harrington, "The Silent Earth"
Allegiance: "Trying to simplify a world into black and white will result in flawed ideas and valuable information being ignored" Heroish Neutral
Inventory: Its a rock
Crystal: Clay gray, and is basically an European warhammer
Power: Terrakinesis (Control of earthen materials such as soil, rocks, etc)
Strength Level: 4
Stability: 100%
Appearance: Twenty-four years old, brownish skin due to frequent outdoor dwelling, brown hair, dark brown eyes, six foot four.
History: For most of his life Hal had rather simple. Loving mother, slightly unhinged father with mild anger issues, and an excitable little sister whose curiosity could not be stopped. His family might of been poor but they managed to get along just fine. Until his father came back home one day with an unstable grin, a mad look in his eyes and a crystalline weapon in his hand. Suddenly his father began laughing and as his mother tried to calm him down animals appeared from nowhere to attack them. That was the last Hal saw of his father, and the vicious animal attack caused his mother to end up in the hospital. Then, just several days later his little sister finds a crystalline ring. She began going on and on to her brother the cool things she could do, but when the S.W.A.T came for her she couldn't fight them off. With his father deranged and missing, his mother hospitalized and now his sister abducted Hal's eternal calm was destroyed. He was completely filled with rage that couldn't go anywhere, until he realized his father and sister displayed powers after finding a strange crystalline substance. Realizing that he went to find one himself to gain superpowers to save his sister, and perhaps confront his father. It has been several days since he found his warhammer, and is still unaware of how much danger he and his sister is in for touching those crystals. Though while he has been assaulting the S.W.A.T to gain information on his sister's location, he avoided the plaza knowing it likely wasn't going to end well in addition to not truly knowing what Dull-Water does.

Regarding his Terrakinesis, have you played InFamous Second Son or at least seen videos of the Concrete power in action? Would using that as a basis for his 100% Stability power level be acceptable? Cause I really want to bring that awesomeness here.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 346
3/25/2014 22:23:25   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Yes, I actually just finished the campaign last night and am almost done clearing up all of the districts. My favorite Infamous so far. But yes, I believe that Delsin's form of concrete would be acceptable (Just probably not as strong).

If you're fine with that, then Hal Harrington's approved. He'll start out with a post next update (Remind me if I forget).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 347
3/25/2014 22:38:29   
kkutwar

With all the upgrades or without them? I don't see Hal performing a Boulder Dash at this level though, but I could see him doing the armor part. I don't really see him capable of the missile attack though. I'm perfectly fine with that, though couldn't you just edit in his update for the current one?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 348
3/31/2014 8:40:57   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I would think without them, as if memory serves correctly when upgraded the concrete power was pretty useful. And I'm going to try and put the next update up soon, so I think it'd be best to wait (I generally try to only edit in players if they're accepted in a frustratingly short amount of time since the last update).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 349
4/7/2014 22:48:03   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I really hate it when my internet crashes just before I press submit. I can't help but kick myself for some of the stupid things I do sometimes, such as not backing up...

The update should come out soon, but it may feel a bit rushed.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 14 of 16«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition