Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: EpicDuel Nostalgia Thread - Old Times - Alpha Pictures

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: EpicDuel Nostalgia Thread - Old Times - Alpha Pictures
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2014 9:17:17   
HydroMonk

WEST NAVAL YARD
Post #: 226
1/9/2014 9:21:43   
Lord Noonien Soong

Pretty soon I will be considered to have played for 2 years. I thought I'd still love the game from then. Now, I don't
DF  Post #: 227
1/11/2014 0:35:40   
Pemberton

I remember when the game was playable.
Post #: 228
3/30/2014 4:17:36   
edwardvulture

I remember when level 30 armors came out for non-variums. Back then, non-varium weapons weren't really bad, they were just unavailable. Now they're all equals
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 229
4/13/2014 18:18:43   
jzozezjzozez

Wow, this thread brought back good memories. Saw a few pictures of Elemental Void... I miss all the great people I met, but I'll admit I was a bit crazy back then! Was just a kid, caused some drama. Hope y'all who know me are still doing well!
AQ  Post #: 230
4/30/2014 8:38:58   
Drayer King

UGH.. wish i kept screen shots from like 4-5 years ago during the heal looping phase. I remember the build i made
145 hp
45mp
145 str
(base bh dex)
(base bh tech)
base bh support)

1-1-10
0-10-0
0-1-1
10-0

the base mp max massacure build that killed heal looping tech mages no matter what.

User durring beta was : cyalater
retired but now i use: SuPeR UnLuCkY 13

best memory defeating Angels Holocaust best 2 out of 3 2-0 and being accepted into legit. Was a great feeling until they patched and Nerfed the build due to imbalance. On the old forums if they can be found the build was posted there and everything :/ wish that forum was still there. if any on knows how to get there please tell me :D
Epic  Post #: 231
4/30/2014 9:10:33   
Wind

^^ I too remember the heal loop days. 3 Cool down Field Medic+ Reroute for mages equal doom.
Haha theres still plenty of videos on youtube to watch them days. Xendrans support build, where support was also OP with deflection and criticals and it also improving field medic.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 232
5/1/2014 13:43:11   
Thylek Shran

@Drayer King

The old forum went offline years ago.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 233
5/2/2014 8:38:04   
Drayer King

Yeah i realized, haha the Bh build was so OP that it had to get nerfed but yeah it was fun against heal loopers easy wins and high ratio xD

wish i had some proof with screen shots :/
Epic  Post #: 234
5/4/2014 10:44:56   
MrBones

I'm retired. But forever will be ED smexiest player

DBag
Epic  Post #: 235
5/4/2014 11:10:32   
Frost Moglin

I remember when we had to travel with trains to different places. It was a horrible time of slower travel and stuff. Or not that horrible.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 236
5/5/2014 15:20:35   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

I remember using artillery in wars.
That sure was fun.
Post #: 237
5/6/2014 10:01:51   
Wind

@Frost Moglin

Yes!!! Traveling by train, as a small moving line on the map haha and we couldn't even teleport haha. Going to that nice conductor to go back to the station just to move ;) Them good ol days without hoverbikes, and having to sprint everywhere to NPC farm for a 1vs1 competition.

~Wind
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 238
5/6/2014 17:07:54   
Xamurai

This is by far one of the sadest and best posts i have ever seen. I wanted to stop looking at pics but i just couldnt.. Almost brings a tear to my eye, good job wind.
OldEDForever
AQW Epic  Post #: 239
5/12/2014 3:20:14   
DillBagel

I don't have any pictures to post, but I am certainly fond of those days, years ago. I miss all the friends I made, and spent hours upon hours with, sometimes competing, sometimes just chilling out; back when you would log on and both epic and exile were full to the brim and you dragged people out into doom for a party. I haven't seen half the people I used to play with every single day for over two years.
From early Gamma to the end of Delta I truly have no nostalgia; the power creep by that point was terrible, and if you didn't have the latest and greatest you would struggle to compete. Omega solved that issue, and the top of the pyramid left, not that many of my friends were left anyways.
All in all, I really don't care how the game has changed since my time playing it, I care about the people I played it with, because everything else is just vanity over top.

< Message edited by DillBagel -- 5/20/2014 2:23:42 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 240
5/12/2014 6:55:32   
Drianx

quote:

UGH.. wish i kept screen shots from like 4-5 years ago during the heal looping phase. I remember the build i made
145 hp
45mp
145 str
(base bh dex)
(base bh tech)
base bh support)

1-1-10
0-10-0
0-1-1
10-0

the base mp max massacure build that killed heal looping tech mages no matter what.

Max massacre used to cost much more than 45 MP.
AQW Epic  Post #: 241
6/28/2014 16:26:27   
Daph Duck

Remember when Support Mercs and Heal Loop Malf Reroute Mages were OP'ed?
Remember when there was a Bike Vendor in place of Valery?
Remember when they had Health and Energy Packs and Boosters?
Remember when Oz World 8 was the hotspot?
Remember when World 8 existed?
Remember when Oz World 7 was the hotspot?
Remember when you had to be Level 15 to get an AUX?
Remember when there were servers called Legion and Doom?
Remember when there was a Conductor in every place, not a Teleporter Pad?
Remember the old, terrible Mission System?
Remember when there was no Overlord Facility and Naval Yard?
Remember when Legit was the top faction?
Remember when they showed losses?
Remember when they showed Win Percentages on the LB?
Remember the old Central Station?
Remember Battle Tokens?
Good times
AQW Epic  Post #: 242
6/28/2014 22:33:15   
doomkiller98

Hi, Haven't posted in ages, been snooping around every once in awhile only to see that almost everyone thinks the game is boring/stale/unplayable. I agree, I just had a final thought on Epicduel. The majority of the community thinks that this game is dying, (correct me if I am wrong).

I just wanted to say that I think that the end of the line is only so far away for Epicduel. When it comes time, I hope the devs don't just give up. (I think Legendary Ranks was a sign of them not wanting to deal with more balance issues if level caps got higher (past 40)) When the time is here, When only 100 people are on the servers at once everyday.... That they either Revert the game back to one of its original states (Beta or Gamma) And at the same time keep this same game going (omega). Or just completely scrap the game and start fresh (alpha). Other wise I am afraid the game will COMPLETELY die to the point of no return. Other wise i have no idea what there gonna do but I am afraid for them.

It was great when it was great.

~Doom
Post #: 243
7/23/2014 7:47:29   
comicalbike

i remember paying tokens to fight big tuna and she was hard then
Epic  Post #: 244
10/13/2014 10:53:45   
JDM

Honestly if beta, delta, or pre omega came out i'd be willing to pay a monthly fee for this game. I used to be straight up addicted to this game. It was a great stress relief. During the enhancement days i didn't care that varium players had an advantage, as a non varium player i was simply determined to overcome that obstacle and every time i got closer to achieving it, it felt amazing. Its a shame that i can't relive those days. Everything just felt so much more rewarding and fun back then. And i definitely have to agree the game has become boring, stale, and unplayable sadly. At least for me anyways..

I honestly do believe the game is going to die. There used to be way more players than this, 1.5k average i have to say?

< Message edited by JDM -- 10/13/2014 10:56:05 >
Epic  Post #: 245
10/13/2014 11:41:12   
Gepard Acht

I missed all my free wins when I got F.J. as my 2vs2 partner and loses when he was against me
I missed all my credits spent on 5 enchantments slots on every equipment just so I can compete a bit more with varium users
I missed the point where i cant go to epic because it says that rhe server is FULL
I missed the old oz spot the most, cant have a decent conversation on ED these days
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
10/14/2014 11:45:59   
Wind

Free wins with F.J. Hahahaha
One player doesn't make a team buddy.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 247
10/14/2014 21:11:10   
Gepard Acht

I was like level 26 and have no idea how to play properly with my first account, and suddenly against 2 lvl 30.
Then theres F J and it was like an easy win
Happened a lot of times, felt more like a juggernaut than 2v2 rly.
1 man team
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 248
10/15/2014 7:50:38   
Satafou

Actually Wind you're wrong. Especially back in the time F.J. was around 1 player was often more than enough to make a team. Also I'm sure you remember that F.J. was on a level of his own, who even today I'd still class him as one of the top 10 2 vs 2 players who have ever played this game. Even at the lvl 34 cap on several occasions I have managed to 2 vs 1 two people my own level. It wasn't until omega where you pretty much need a partner and even now, there is still certain players who can beat 2 lvl 40's with a lvl 36 partner.
Post #: 249
11/5/2014 2:16:36   
Darkeroid

Oh my god... remembered this place after almost 2 years :( it's sad to see what the game has become these days.
I remember there was a time when i used to play ED all the time. I was HORRIBLE at it, but i still had lots of fun playing the game. I joined pre-merger, so back when 'elite' used to be a thing, i used to go to battles with supercharge maxed out and 1 reroute :P those were the days... i didn't even know what stats did back then. Just kept alternating between tech, hp and ep and the occasional other stat to equip whatever weapon looked cool or had a higher level/damage. Never gave thought to the stats. I LOVE the community, and i miss the old pre-2012 SO MUCH! You know, i was just reading a comment on reddit regarding pessimism, and remembered how Fay Beee was the biggest optimist i had know. That is actually waht prompted me to check out this place again :D
Reading through this thread and the best players thread, i remembered a lot of names and became super nostalgic. I remember how Xendran used to pwn back in the day. I remember how Angels Holocaust was like the queen of mages at one point, and there was some controversy around her(what was it, btw?). I remember Mirion, who was basically one of my best friends at one point, and there was another guy i used to hang out with, though i cant remember his name ATM. Anyways, I SOOO want to play ED again, but i know stupid OMEGA will taint the awesome memories i have about ED Beta, Gamma and, to some extent, even Delta. Omega ruined what ED was, and it's sad to see how bleak the forums are these days.

Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: EpicDuel Nostalgia Thread - Old Times - Alpha Pictures
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition