Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 31«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/14/2012 22:36:03   
drinde

Seriously, though.

If we reduce 6-8 DMG from all primaries, wouldn't STR abuse be less effective?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 26
4/14/2012 22:38:28   
Zeoth

Of course it would solve it. problem is taking 6-8 damage off primaries affects everybody.
Post #: 27
4/14/2012 22:39:38   
drinde

Meh. How is that a problem?

If it affects everyone, people's primaries would still be X% stronger, just that it deals less damage.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
4/14/2012 22:43:41   
Zeoth

Well it would require some skill revamping. Like the skills that improve damage by % like double strike and bludgeon.
Post #: 29
4/14/2012 22:44:39   
drinde

Would it?

If it were revamped, that would make the shift useless.

The only problem I see is how Tank Builds fit in the equation.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 30
4/14/2012 22:57:22   
Zeoth

No where, they barely use their primaries.
Post #: 31
4/14/2012 22:59:43   
drinde

Um.

As in how we'd be able to overcome them with so little DMG?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 32
4/14/2012 23:18:13   
ngshuyi94

There is something called stat diminish. I think that it should scale differently for different stats. For example like for a more effective stat like strength it should scale more so that it will not be so effective with abuse.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 33
4/14/2012 23:19:50   
drinde

Hmm.

I suggested that STR get a type of agility that reduces a % of HP, how is that?

As in if you cross X STR, you lose Y% of HP at the start of a match.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 34
4/14/2012 23:21:52   
Mr. Black OP

^
Everyone will just be a tank and we will have matches that go on past 25 rounds.
Epic  Post #: 35
4/14/2012 23:32:23   
drinde

Maybe... Wait, no.

TANKs get this:

If you cross X DEF/RES, you lose Y% of HP at the start of a match.

STR:

If you cross X DMG (35+ without using an ultimate, 55+ WITH an ultimate) done in a single turn, the next turn you are STUNNED.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 36
4/14/2012 23:40:50   
Mr. Black OP

^
Uses a strike, it crits, stunned.
Uses double strike, hits 36, stunned.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/14/2012 23:41:43 >
Epic  Post #: 37
4/14/2012 23:57:48   
drinde

Yes. :P

This reduces luck's power :3
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 38
4/15/2012 0:20:19   
Mr. Black OP

Wouldn't being stunned be useless because the person will just hit him the next turn anyways?

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/15/2012 0:30:42 >
Epic  Post #: 39
4/15/2012 0:33:59   
drinde

Um. I wouldn't call making the next hit a 100% connect useless.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 40
4/15/2012 0:36:59   
essenceend

Mercenaries wish list.

► Make artillery strike less powerful people often exploit it's huge damage range and abuse it's power.

►Make Them more balanced in term's of skill's since a Strength builder is unstoppable with a mercenary.

► Make the mercenaries Be able to use Different skill's , Etc An option to either do multi in physical or energy damage.

< Message edited by essenceend -- 4/15/2012 0:37:13 >

Epic  Post #: 41
4/15/2012 0:53:40   
Mr. Black OP

^
I hope you mean TLM, mercenaries actually need a buff. Even if you mean TLM keep in mind they aren't even OP now.
Epic  Post #: 42
4/15/2012 2:22:38   
kittycat

A good buff would be replacing making Frenzy into his former glory or usable with sword?
AQ MQ  Post #: 43
4/15/2012 2:27:10   
Hun Kingq

zman 2, I just came out of a 2vs2 against a level 31 merc and a level 33 merc the Level 31 hit me with a Bunker buster my Dex is at 116 (32-39 +1) and he got 45 critical damage so I put on Level 4 Reflex Boost and my Dex is at 151 (39-47 +1) I used Plasma Rain got 47 on the 31 and 43 on the 33 they both had low tech so I should have got about 50 damage. Then the Level 33 and with my high defense because of reflex boost she still got 51 critical damage with Artillery Strike. Either of the merc classes do not need no kind of buff and they don't need 10% additional damage added back either.

No matter what improves Plasma Rain until they adjust how it scales, it is the weakest and will be the weakest multi until then.

How many months will that address the huge imbalance issue with the multis they made the Plasma Rain improve with dex thinking it would be used more often but if it produces less damage especially when dex is higher on you then support is on the merc classes that you fight and you get less damage even with their low tech there is seriously something wrong.
Epic  Post #: 44
4/15/2012 3:38:11   
Darkoake445

Deleted

< Message edited by Darkoake445 -- 4/15/2012 3:55:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
4/15/2012 4:27:18   
Arevero

Tanking needs a nerf, as to how idk. Hopefully we can discuss more on that topic, today i have tested out STR, Multi, Tank on CH. STR did pretty well and it is quite balanced, Multi was weak unless you had over 140dex. Tank kind of dominated while taking up 35 rounds to win/lose.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
4/15/2012 4:29:08   
khalidon5000

Hun Kinqq I already said what I think of what you said earlier as you're repeating yourself...
As I said mercenaries still lose to other classes.
Also please learn the mechanics of critical strikes because if that person didn't get a critical their damage would be quite low.
The reason you didn't hit 50 is probably because of hybrid armor.
No one said TLM should be getting a buff...

Your description is pretty vague seeing as how you haven't mentioned the support of the person.
FYI I think your trying to dupe the staff into leaving mercs UP and buffing blood mages.

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 4/15/2012 8:46:05 >
Epic  Post #: 47
4/15/2012 6:19:17   
Arevero

Every build i face is fun, but tanking and high DEF/RES is an exception. Ruins all means of a STR build or any build that doesn't have enough DEF/RES to compete fairly against these builds. In fact, tank utterly destroys all means of fun in ED. Did i forget to mention the constant 3-7dmg you can only do?

The highest dmg would probably be a crit or rage dealing 20-30. And they heal loop.

Either make it in par with other builds such as takeaway ENH and giving back players who have items ENH a refund(receives 1000var per each FULL-ENHANCED item, if not fully enhanced give 200 var and if it's in creds, quadruple the refund), or nerf Tanking in some way. And i think the base stat give out turning into 8 stats per lvl was a great idea.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
4/15/2012 11:14:50   
liy010

@Void (First Post)
quote:

►Replace Malfunction with Trans' Conduction or Malfunction to improve by Dexterity... (this places Malfunction and Smokescreen on equal terms)

Dex Abusers...With BH's Smoke, most BH are STR+DEX which means they have average Tech resulting in an average Smoke. With CH on the other hand, they have PA so they won't need that much Tech so all those points go into Dex resulting in a Massive tech nerf with malfunction.

@BlueKatz (Previous Thread)

quote:

One of the skills I would love to be changed is Blood Lust... It's the most annoying skills in game, giving users tons of free HP without drawback.
The problem with BL that it scales horrible, it's soo soo soo strong when the enemy is weaker stat wise. You gain 10 HP when against enemy of the same level, but against someone lower, you gain like 20.
Compare to any other skills, BL gains way too much benefit from stats difference. I would consider that as double effect. Let me explain, because of the difference between stat, you will gain stronger effect with BL, in this case, get more HP (like enemy have lower Def and you have higher attack...), however that HP you gain also cause difficulty to your enemy because of the difference in stats, they have harder time to destroy that HP you gained from BL.
It's double the effort enemy must spend to kill that HP it gave you, and therefor double the high stat advantage! Look at other skills, they are nowhere near double!

This is so annoying to me. Any classes with BL just can't lose to anyone with lower stats. Worse, any battle effect: Block, crit, deflection will completely change the battle and mostly, toward the one with BL. And this skills work with any attacks.
A skill that can't be countered, widen any advantage you have and very very forgiving and depend a lot on luck as well. Any attempt to buff BH will be resulted in terrible OP is also because of this. BL offer worse gameplay experience where you can't come up with any strategy to counter it.

Yes. I so hate that skill

I think BloodLust is fine as it is. I've been playing a level 19 Bounty these days and BloodLust at it's max only gives 23% which is like...2-3 Health back for every 10 Damage...What difference does 2-3 Health make...?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/15/2012 11:34:13   
Hun Kingq

khalidon5000, So what are the mechanics because all I see is programing code going against all its commands and all mathematical calculations. That individual support was 141 (29-35) with aux +39. Artillery strike has always been the strongest and Plasma Rain has always been the weakest. For Plasma Rain to get in the upper 40s The mage classes had to have at least 140 (40-48) tech but now with it improving with Dex the mage classes have to have at least 156 (40-48) Dex.

You complain about strength Blood Mages but do not want to balance out the multis to make it desirable for those players to switch so stop complaining about the strength Blood Mages.

About mercs being underpowered they are not a strength merc is just as deadly or more so as any other strength class with an exception of the strength Hunter class with its unblockable massacre. The Multi builds goes in this order Merc, Hunter Mage Dead last.

They updated wiki finally and here it is
Plasma Rain
Improves With: Dexterity (+1 damage at 24 Dexterity; +1 damage per 4 Dexterity after)
It was lowered from 28 so if it is not weak why was it lowered?

Multi Shot
Improves With: Dexterity (+1 damage per 4 Dexterity)

Artillery strike
Improves With: Support (+1 damage at 22 Support; +1 damage per 4 Support after)

But for some reason a High support merc gets more damage on players with high defense.

The mage classes do not have passive armors and will not get passive armors so they have to rely upon high stats to get that damage they need to win the match. Due to no viable energy regain the Blood Mage has to either get a quick kill or use boosters, especially in 2vs2.

At 11:52 am on 04/15/2012 in a 2vs2 battle with Level 8 Reflex boost on, boosting defenses up to 42-51 +1 which is 170 dex, a level 33 tact merc with 135 (28-34) with +38 aux did Artillery strike and got 55 critical damage on me and I only got 43 critical damage on him and only time I get 50 and above is when a person is malfunctioned but does the Blood mage have that skill no. The Artillery strike with the tact merc is the same as it is with the merc so you can't tell people one Artillery strike for one merc class is weaker than the other.

With my defenses that high there should be less damage from Artillery strike there is something wrong within the program code
unless they never took out the 10% ignore all defenses on Artillery strike.

The multis are not balanced and something needs to be done what, only the staff knows.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 4/15/2012 12:31:50 >
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 31«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition