Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 30 of 31«<2728293031>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2012 11:25:46   
PivotalDisorder

@Depressed: no.

do I need to find the quote to explain why?
Post #: 726
5/2/2012 11:27:04   
Ranloth
Banned

TLMs have no debuff either but Energy regen so I guess that averages out as there are still differences between skill + buff planned to Mercs. I'd love revamp to Plasma Armor; just give it some drawback or something. This would apply to TLMs as well but if drawback is small Energy cost, they can regain it after a while so no harm + not all builds utilise Energy so no harm there.
AQ Epic  Post #: 727
5/2/2012 11:29:47   
PivotalDisorder

I'd also love revamp to Plasma Armour, would look like this.

quote:

Improves technology of any allied character during combat.

Energy Required:
Level 1: 9
Level 2: 10
Level 3: 11
Level 4: 12
Level 5: 13
Level 6: 14
Level 7: 15
Level 8: 16
Level 9: 17
Level 10: 18
Weapon Required: None
Stat Required: None
Level Required: 2
Improves With: Dexterity (+1 Technology gained at 22 Dexterity; +1 Technology gained per 4 Dexterity after)
Warm Up: 0
Cool Down: 1
Post #: 728
5/2/2012 11:30:37   
Ranloth
Banned

I meant passive Armor but much more creative and not killing CHs and good one, Pivotal. ;) xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 729
5/2/2012 11:34:31   
frogbones
Banned

What Pivotal said is spot on. From firsthand experience, here's how Cyber went down for me:

I changed to Cyber the day it was released. (I was a BH from early Beta.) Very pleased with the class, as it provided the most opportunity for build-crafting (i.e., variety) and was a challenging class to use. It really demanded precision in terms of stat and skill allocation. Perhaps a tad underpowered, the unique builds that were possible, though, outweighed the more-than-average amount of losses I was incurring.

ED was enjoyable again. Experimenting with new builds is probably the best aspect of this game for me, and CH provided lots of opportunity for it.

(Sidenote rant: Retraining is far too expensive. 500 credits per retrain limits build exploration---something that this game sorely needs. As it stands now, the price of retraining encourages copycat builds and disincentivives making unique builds.)

However, when PA was introduced and Technician was removed, it only took me one day to become completely disillusioned with the class as a whole. Not only were battles far too easy, but they were boring, too. So I changed to Merc that day.

Now, for me, Merc offers the same variety and challenge as Cyber used to---which is why I deplore the devs to use caution when/if they decide to buff the Merc class.

Please, please don't make the same mistake you did with Cyber.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 730
5/2/2012 11:34:43   
Stabilis

@Pivotal,

I change my mind, I did not consider Static Charge or Assimilation so no, I would not think Support could improve Field Medic.

In-before-lock!!!

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 5/2/2012 11:35:21 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 731
5/2/2012 11:38:24   
PivotalDisorder

@Depressed: you are a good guy, do not let my posts lead you to believe otherwise. I am just an arse,

and passionate :)
Post #: 732
5/2/2012 12:16:31   
Joe10112

Pivotal nice idea to change Plasma Armor.

Uh oh, 30 page lock INCOMING!!! I'll See you in the next one. (Anyone happen to know where that quote is from? It's from a Video Game, I'll be very surprised if you know what game it's from)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 733
5/2/2012 12:22:03   
Zeoth

In before lock XD

Anyways going with what frog said, I changed to cyber about 2-3 before the buff, from merc to cyber. I'll just say it: I fell in LOVE with the class. I enjoy making some really random builds that work xD. The variety that came with cybers was unrivaled by any other class. Variety and creativity wise no class could compete. Ever since the buff ive made probably one "creative" CH build. And that was only skill tree wise. I didn't even go to tier 3 of skills, many complimented me on being different, but I miss the true creativity the class use to own.
Post #: 734
5/2/2012 12:26:07   
PivotalDisorder

@Joe: Ty man, hopefully my idea will gain some momentum :P

oh and I usually only quote Duke Nukem :)
Post #: 735
5/2/2012 12:46:25   
Zeoth

^
I would love that idea for a replacement to PA I'm fully support it XP
Post #: 736
5/2/2012 12:46:33   
rayniedays56

Thread is about to be locked by our young mod in training. Must...write...and...not...rage!

Since the implementation of PA is mo longer a topic, how about another?

I have found that it is hard to create unique builds for a tech mage in the lower levels. Right now, I am trying a very fun strength tech mage build, but build copiers are always killing me.

Rabblefroth, why you haz Plasma Bolt do so mych damage on Tier One?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 737
5/2/2012 12:49:06   
PivotalDisorder

unfortunately power builds tend to rule at lower levels. intelligent builds that would work at level cap get destroyed
cause you just don't have enough stats to cover everything. I tried 4 focus at level 20+ and it was so bad lol.
Post #: 738
5/2/2012 12:52:02   
Zeoth

@pivotal
Focus builds don't work at lower level cuz when you go for the stats you can't get the health needed. Sad but true. On average focus builds have -60 health at lower levels.
Post #: 739
5/2/2012 12:52:25   
rayniedays56

Yeah I know. I could do 40+ damage on a mercenary who tends to kill me in 2 strikes :/

Me?

Strength at 18-22+24 energy
Gun at 18-22+30-2 (+5) physical damage.

Merc?

Max bunker buster, lvl 1 hybrid, lvl 7 and up Berzerker.

Darn those build copiers rawr
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 740
5/2/2012 12:57:09   
Zeoth

Yea raynie. I swear, HA use to be the first priority skill, now it seems damaging skills are te first priority at lower levels now. I think it's official, offense has taken complete priority over defense. It really ceases to matter even at higher levels. They just want to have enough defenses to win with their key moves.
Post #: 741
5/2/2012 16:22:46   
King Helios

In lower levels, Offense>HP>Defense.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 742
5/2/2012 17:31:09   
Wootz

Lock coming so just a pledge to Cyber Hunters and gonna discuss about Cyber Hunters syngery on there.

Cyber Hunters,
since the day the class has been live I have loved it, every aspect of it as I do right now.
When it came out I didn't have Varium nor anything else, all I had was a bunch of Independence days rares and after that my Tesla E which I still use around 10 months after, more-less.
When I bought Varium, late August, I played as a Bounty Hunter until I reached level 31 and then in September I switched to a Cyber Hunter.
I found a good build, without Plasma Armor and I used it and eventually got to level 32. As everyone here knows, then was an era of Tactical Mercenaries destroying everything. I spent a lot of time thinking how to counter them with my barerly enhanted gear and possibly low skills in the class. And I got it. I made the build which always destroyed Tactical Mercenaries, having a Support advantage and a Max Massacre to fully destroy them. I completly destroyed the class with that build. Then I pledged to stay a Cyber Hunter forever, much like Fay Beee with the Bounty Hunter. And that pledge still lives on. Every time a new flavour of the month arrises I found a way around it and managed to beat them fairly.

That really means that if you think and are strategic in battle you may win even if battling againts someone who is extremly over-powered.

Cyber Hunter. Forever!
AQW Epic  Post #: 743
5/2/2012 17:35:58   
rayniedays56

I pledge to stay Cyber Forever. Cause I have found many builds that you could make with...even with PA.
Tech
5 Focus
Dexerity

FTW Baby! Go Cybers.

To stay on topic...plasma grenade needs a buff...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 744
5/2/2012 17:37:29   
Stabilis

Plasma Armour explode!!! Or bust.
AQ Epic  Post #: 745
5/2/2012 17:39:45   
SylvanElf

@ Wootz and rayniedays56
Great to see you guys stick with your favorite classes ^^
This TM will be looking forward to battling your creative builds.
Post #: 746
5/2/2012 17:48:33   
Wootz

Looking forward to destroy you! ;)

Just kiding, who knows who'll win. Last time I saw you, you used Technician and had 100 damage on Plasma bolt, I died. :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 747
5/2/2012 17:48:49   
liy010

I'm staying as a CH no matter what. I like Hunters and I can't afford to switch again ;(

CH needs DA. I mean, c'mon the picture of CH in the Class change picure is holding a Gun...You'd think CH's gun would be more deadly...

I want a Mini-Nuke Skill (Bunker, FireBall, Plasma Bolt/Cannon/Berzkerker) for CH :3

At the some time I don't because those skills are boring and would make CH OP...Who knows :3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 748
5/2/2012 17:51:19   
ArtixRadinGod

Though this thread seems to be largely dominated by CH because everyone is becoming them because they're so OP but I'll give my two cents.

I think Plasma Armour should become Blood Shield. As a TLM I actually find that at level one is really, really useful. The issue I have with CH having Plasma Armour is now all they do is get a +9 tech armour, then the +11, then they dex abuse so all direct attacks on them are sure to block. So, they end up with impossible to hit resistance, and insane speed which also leads to 30+ defence.

Blood Shield would be a far better idea because not only will it cost a small amount of health, but it will get the CH off of dex abuse so you can make mal go up with dex then. However, in 2v2 a maxed level Blood Shield could be a major problem due to the fact that it seems to last forever. I'm willing to take a 1 turn take away to my Blood Shield so they also have it so they lose their slightly abusive shield.

However, I'm sure CH will take it upon themselves to 'defend' their cause. I actually saw a CH saying Mal should be upped with dex. Could you imagine that! Their +11 shield on tech then +9, then 30+ defence on dex and since they have like 120 dex their mal would do like, 50 points at level 5, XD
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 749
5/2/2012 17:54:39   
rayniedays56

99% of Ch's agree with you Artix. We HATE PA. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 29 [30] 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 30 of 31«<2728293031>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition