Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Old equipment you'd like to see revamped

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Old equipment you'd like to see revamped
Page 1 of 1212345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/29/2017 16:30:28   
Aves

Old equipment you'd like to see revamped

Item updates are something that are fairly popular but the questions stands what do the players want to see updated the most?

We all have our favorites, ( =AK= The Ultimate Favorite / Least Favorite Thread! ) but what actually needs updating?

Are there niches old items could fill if brought up to date?
How about simply just something you are fond of that would do well if modernized?

What items do you want to point out to the staff as worthy additions to be updated?

quote:

If you guys would be so kind as to include a Pedia link to the equipment you'd like revamped, that would make some lives much easier. Also, if you could specify what needs to be revamped: Art, Stats, or Both. That would help alot. :P

I'm not including the MC Sets or Classes as they are already in the works/or are in planning. Thanks! A quick note on armors: They take the longest and might not happen until there's a solid plan about what should be done. They should be a more unified effort. ~Clyde

Disclaimer: Suggestions are not a indication of an item being updated this is just a place for you to be heard about your update wishes.

Merged two threads into a larger thread for archival purposes and so we can keep the ideas flowing ~Pie

< Message edited by Ultrapowerpie -- 4/29/2017 17:29:28 >
AQ  Post #: 1
4/19/2012 4:48:55   
Sir Niaq
Banned - Requested

Starting elemental Plates then
I mean.. They're starters, alright. But there is so much possibility to show its affinity to a certain element other than the color...

Same could go for Fire Blade and similar.. Just add a little.. "spark" (Energy Blade huh?) to them. :3
Post #: 2
4/19/2012 4:51:24   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

Weapons:
- Bad Axes. I'd like to have more versions and variants (being their elements and levels)
- Pummeler Hammers. Same as above.
- Soul Katana. A definite and best classic ever (and the only one that actually scaled to level 120 before the sweeping and stuff). Would be nice to see more elements from it, but just as an energy weapon, it'll do great still. Would just like to see some improved scaling as well as being swept; along with some damage buffs and keep to it's no specials.
- Chain Axes. Same as Bad Axes.
+ Flame Hatchets. Swept and possibly higher level variants.
+ Lava Broadswords. Higher level variants.
+ Super Pzycho Sabre. Possibly a sweep and a few more higher leveled variants.
+ Auger of Brontus. Higher levels and swept.
+ Kayda Edge. Swept and better art. Possibity of a few more higher level variants to close the level-gaps.
+ VibraAxe93]Brilhado Spear[/link]. Swept and higher level variants to breach the gap. Good for DEX-users.
+ Abosolix's Polearms. Swept and better level-gap variants.
+ Shalen Spears. Swept and more level variants.
+ Necropolis Fleshrenders. Swept and more level variants.
+ VibraAxe. Swept and more level variants.
+ Brilhado Blade. Swept, more level variants.
+ Vorpal Edge. Swept and more & higher level variants.
+
+

Armour:
- See those in Yulgar's Intermediate Shop? Let's have a go at those.
- Any Devourer Saga's-based armours that were released.
# Especially Protector Set.
+ Ubear
+ Leprechaun Power Armours (Not gold ones). Swept and higher level variants.
+ Glimmer/Sparkle Boy. Swept and, more & higher level variants.
+ Paradox Plate. Swept, higher level variants.
+ Antithetical Armour/ Obverse Brigandine. Swept, higher level variants.
+ Drakel Disguise. Swept with higher level variants.
+ Shadow Reign. Swept, and made into a new set of itself.
+ Inferno Steed Rider, Undead Steed Rider, Dark Magic Steed. Swept and better scaling? Also, if possible - Dark Agile Steed (DEX-lean), Dark Strengthened Steed (STR-lean).
+
+

Spells:
- None in particular (I'm a Warrior. Unless they give healings a great big buff; which I doubt so).

Shields:
- All in Adder's Forge.
~ Don't think we have that many really fantastic shields that would do better when swept are there? Other than offensive ones. ~

Pets:
- Nerf Kitten.
- Vampragon (if I spelt correctly).

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 4/26/2012 9:53:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
4/19/2012 4:58:24   
Zeruphantom

Tsunami Edge definitely has a lot of potential, and it's one heck of an awesome-looking weapon. I'd definitely love to see higher level variants of this weapon indeed. I personally believe this masterpiece deserves some attention.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
4/19/2012 5:01:17   
mythicswords

old stuff? shadow set, golden set, fujin set, grim set , pretty much (i didn't used asgardian so it's less of a problem for me) well obvious stuff here... after, the old BM pets , mostly the muhrbles ;3
AQ DF  Post #: 5
4/19/2012 9:53:46   
pRopaaNS1337

Orcish katana/No-Dachi. My second favourite artwork of weapon in game, but way too low leveled to use.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
4/19/2012 9:55:59   
Sqwall

One of my personal favorites - the Protector Set.Higher lvl for sure and post sweep power.Not sure if art is needed - it has some sweet animations anyways.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/19/2012 10:19:03   
1stClassGenesis

All hail Kindred.
Post #: 8
4/19/2012 10:49:25   
dragonmasterz

Other than all the old "ubers" and "epics" I would like to see some of those "stand alone ubers" like Tsunami's Edge and Rage Breaker revamped
AQ  Post #: 9
4/19/2012 11:22:55   
Memory of a Nightmare

All low- to mid-leveled items in BattleOn's basic shops (Yulgar's, Warlic's, Aria's and also Adder's though it's at the Isle) should be looked upon. There are so many items that probably wouldn't even be worth keeping there. Making them rare will let those who have them keep them but then they still would need to be swept. I think it would be a good idea to just remove some old junk items from the game completely, that would leave less items to be swept.

Anyways, these basic shops contain the equipment new players will see. It's no secret that one of Adventure Quest's biggest issues is that it's not really friendly to new players. Basic equipment below level ~70 is what should not only be swept, but like overhauled.

But hey, I'd like to see everything swept. It's just about prioritizing what's needed.

< Message edited by Memory of a Nightmare -- 4/19/2012 11:51:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 10
4/19/2012 12:54:17   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

im watching this thread
Post #: 11
4/19/2012 13:08:39   
Drakeh

Hmmm. All Darkovia items (Vampire, Werewolf, Werepyre AND DRACOPYRE). Also devourer saga items.
AQ DF  Post #: 12
4/19/2012 13:16:38   
Xrai

@above: Dracopyre items are post-sweep, except for pricing.
Post #: 13
4/19/2012 13:21:43   
Phrixus

Well Clyde is currently or was currently working on a few low level items in his spare time, which is more than great. Like MoN said, this game is notoriously unfriendly for new players. Just think though, of the excitement new players could experience if the new items were revamped?

I'm thinking about my excitement back in 2005 when I started and then adding the scenario where most of the low-level content has a great new look, and I'm seeing good things for Adventure Quest.

As far as stats go, I'd like to see Darkovia get higher levels of their equipment. Apart from the armors I'd like to see further-scaled Lycan Bows and King's Dual Light to name a few. *

By the way, was there a reason the Lycans didn't get a new item via the spoils of war like they have gotten every other time they won a war against the vampires? Just curious.

AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 14
4/19/2012 13:25:56   
Dracolich Rider

Werepyre armor, Reign plate, and Kindred.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
4/19/2012 14:01:07   
arcangelgabrel

quote:

Soul Katana. A definite and best classic ever (and the only one that actually scaled to level 120 before the sweeping and stuff). Would be nice to see more elements from it, but just as an energy weapon, it'll do great still. Would just like to see some improved scaling as well as being swept; along with some damage buffs and keep to it's no specials.

Magic versions would be great to see as well. Maybe staffs of similar nature?
AQ  Post #: 16
4/19/2012 14:01:50   
Drakeh

quote:

@above: Dracopyre items are post-sweep, except for pricing.
I mean higher lv versions.

Frostval 2013 giftboxes and delivery rewards
AQ DF  Post #: 17
4/19/2012 14:16:31   
Deathyz

Vampdragons actually jump into my mind. Remember when the fire one first got released. They were quite awesome.
AQ  Post #: 18
4/19/2012 14:23:19   
The Lone Elf

Elemental armors and the beginner swords and stuff. They are the first you see as a new player, so why not make them feel awesome?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
4/19/2012 14:24:14   
zinkk!

Old stuff: I'm sad the Black Wartexx is so useless due to the crappy special and low BtH. Same with other old/rare weapon.
AQ  Post #: 20
4/19/2012 14:54:37   
_scars_

i would say asgardian and fujin becouse i love the themes

EDIT: and how could i ever forget my all-time favorite, the protector set, we just need higher lvls of that one

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/19/2012 15:21:58   
Memory of a Nightmare

I'm a bit split when it comes to the eight Elemental armors in Yulgar's Beginner shop. (Shining plate in Paladin shop) Having them updated in the same way the shields were, I mean.

It would grant everyone easy access to top-resistance armor at any level. (As they would also range from 0 to 130.) (Small Edit here: Not really, the 25 level gap is pretty big) Sounds great. It would also fill all Resistance gaps (Like Fire or Water?) quickly if we got one new armor per week. Would it, however, be too easy and make other armors obsolete?

Maybe not if...

- They would be regular armors, no bonuses here.
- They would only give Resistance to one element. If you carry seven armors + no-drop you have no room for other ones. (Example would be Wizard Robes for Mages)
- No lean. Neutral offense and defense. Without variation the game is no fun.
- Similar art and animations. Same as above, if all armors basically look and move the same way just with different colors and decoration it would be boring to use nothing else.

You see what I mean, yes? Ways of preventing players of using nothing but these easily accessible, probably quite cheap armors. I actually managed to convince myself while writing that it might not be a bad idea. Now I totally support the idea of remaking the Basic Elemental armors!

By the way, here are some items that meant a lot to me back in the old days. It would be fun to see them revamped.

Advanced Chain Axe
Super Pzycho Sabre (Especially Level 70 version!)
Big 100K (The art is already there... Probably needs a new name after Sweep though)

Water Dragon Blast (I used this all the time on my old Mages. Spells are equipment, right?)
Ice Dragon Spirit (This one too!)

Well, three weapons and a spell... Two spells.

< Message edited by Memory of a Nightmare -- 4/19/2012 17:35:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 22
4/19/2012 16:01:09   
DiEnd
Banned

Would love to see Fujin or Kindred set revamped :).
AQ  Post #: 23
4/19/2012 16:02:41   
Cookielord12

ZardRider :D
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/19/2012 16:09:59   
Duskstar

quote:

im watching this thread

Everything in the game :D

Nah, really, I would love to see all the subrace armours scale up to the level cap, and vamp and lycan swept :)

Then, the basic elemental plates, in the same way as the shields were done, because that would be awesome, and then a Post Sweep Fire and Water armour wouldn't be as necessary.

Then of course, the old ubers, my preferred order being:

- Asguardian
- Fujin
- Reign
- Shadow
- Kindred
- Golden
AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Old equipment you'd like to see revamped
Page 1 of 1212345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition