Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Old equipment you'd like to see revamped

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Old equipment you'd like to see revamped
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/19/2012 16:16:36   
Axumeus

It's hard for higher lvl players to show any pride in their clans (especially the clans that have no full sets or any items at all). The revamp we need immediately is clans and equipment for them
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
4/19/2012 16:20:23   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Frogzard Rider
Zardslayer

These armours could use some love with the art-update frogzards received, especially since I can imagine the Frogzard Knights of Deren riding these.

Breakneck Robe

With the martial arts classes added to the game, this armour merely pulls the class down along with it.

Dusk Robe

Self-explanatory, I've seen some great work on robes in AdventureQuest and I'm sure this robe can be brought up to standard.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
4/19/2012 16:39:34   
blackelemental

The primary elemental armors need to be revamped. Maybe not at the same levels as the new elemental shields, but they should be fixed up so that new players and lower-leveld characters have cool looking and powerful armors to use. It would be great to have more options of armors to use at low levels to draw you into the game.

Hi
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
4/19/2012 17:09:38   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^ I would have to agree too much emphasis is put on MC equipment, it would be nice to have other options at lower lvls. Thou for the love of God Artix do NOT have them span all the tiers like the shields. As much as we need other armors to choose from at all lvls having the same equipment all the time is pure nonsense.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/19/2012 17:39:17   
Rhowena
Legendary AK!!!

+1 for a chunk of low-level basic stuff being the next project. I think making at least some on-standard equipment available at low levels is of particular imperative with the reward sweep coming S.O.O.N., as once it goes through you won't be able to blast through the first 40 levels in two days.
AQ DF  Post #: 30
4/19/2012 17:57:51   
Duskstar

^52 levels in 1 day iirc :P
AQW  Post #: 31
4/19/2012 18:00:34   
blackelemental

Also +1 to afterlifex ^^^

MC's get too much glory IMO. They should be special and not so numerous that their value deteriorates as more are made and used. I really hope that future armor releases and older armor revamps make much more non-MCs than MCs.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
4/19/2012 18:34:22   
ken1000

I agree the thing with ubers:
reign,
shadow,
fujin,
asgardian,
kindred
golden can wait I must fully make use of its opness first :D

the custom weapon, the old spells...
AQ  Post #: 33
4/19/2012 22:05:32   
Desmodus

The Armors from the shapeshift spell. The Suneater & Pzycho Fiend Forms need new art, all of the forms need new stats. I think having the spell have different tiers will help with the armors' power. Also, the Terror Set and variants and Cyber-Rexes need to be restatted as well. Perhaps Terror could be a Fully offensive MC with better-than average resistances, while Cyber-Rex could be a mid-offensive non-MC armor with OK energy & earth resistances while also being weak to fire as dinozards characteristically are? Something to differetiate it from the Hunter armors, ya' know?
AQ AQW  Post #: 34
4/19/2012 22:07:56   
DiEnd
Banned

I'd like to see stiltwalker revamped. It was fun to use :P.
AQ  Post #: 35
4/19/2012 22:09:37   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Duskstar yes that was theoretically possible before the cap change.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/20/2012 7:55:07   
Avoleii Evanesca

Top priority: UBERS (specifically Reign and Shadow)

for the rest, pretty much everything else within the beginner shops. I remember toying with stuff like bad-axe and siren spear as a noob, lol! and pwning using necromancers skills. Getting 100++ damage with them that time was already considered hardcore.

Post #: 37
4/20/2012 9:07:06   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

I'd say stuff that came out during Devourer Saga would be great.

Protector is a great addition! Was one of the only sets I ever had during those times of AQ.

Edit: I'm pretty sure this thread doesn't call for the revamps of the Ubers. Since the staff already are taking care of that.

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 4/20/2012 9:27:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
4/20/2012 9:25:38   
magnus the seer

i would like to see my golden plate of legacy updated.. or the shield... and maybe an update to the azru stones..then again im just holding onto them through the years incase their price goes up but looks like it stopped at 120k and 95k..

edit: true, well everything in the beginner shops like someone else said. that would be great.

< Message edited by magnus the seer -- 4/20/2012 9:58:32 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
4/20/2012 10:06:15   
Epsilon2012

Definitely the armors from the Battleon shops...
-New players go there for equipment...
...then get bad quality stuff...
...Then fall behind...
...then get fed up and quit...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
4/20/2012 10:13:10   
Rai Spellfang
True evil needs no shirt!

If we're talking a combination art update and upgrade to post-sweep status, I'd like to see the Flame Hatchet and its clone (I can't for the life of me remember its name <.<), the Soul Carver (It's not as bad as some others, but "carver" isn't what I'd call that boat oar), and the Shadowoksen given revamps. They're all quite old, and all very dated. Not to mention fairly underwhelming, and two of them have temporary item clones with whole quests devoted to them! This is totally not also a ploy to get those temporary weapons back to a decent status. Totally >.>

Now, if it's just an upgrade to post-sweep? Kindred. Totally. That thing is the epitome of misfortune. More or less post-sweep quest, but could use some tinkering. The armour is full-offense, but pre-sweep, while also tossing extra points in having more spread out resists, which is totally a waste. The shield's so bad at its second element that it might as well not even have one, and the weapon... well, the weapon is probably not as bad off, but the full set bonus is still ridiculously underwhelming. Sure, it's a "free gift with purchase", but still. It's far more niche than the other full set bonuses that have come out since.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
4/20/2012 10:15:16   
Lex Libris

I also agree with blackelemental. I think it would be great if the basic elemental armors get updated. It would probably make the game smoother for the lower leveled players.
AQ DF  Post #: 42
4/20/2012 10:17:53   
Sir Niaq
Banned - Requested

quote:

I think it would be great if the basic elemental armors get updated. It would probably make the game smoother for the lower leveled players.

+ Infinity
Post #: 43
4/21/2012 10:55:37   
KaiserGreymon

Golden plate.

I swear that thing is so far down the armor dps list...
Post #: 44
4/21/2012 11:07:01   
loh87

more 100% proc weapons
:)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 45
4/21/2012 22:13:45   
Objection!

Probably most of the items in adder's shop, I liked the design for the arkridge and the power katana. Maybe some of the old clan armors could be upgraded.

Other than that, even thought it is seasonal rare, I would like to see a higher version of the bladehenge weapon during the next leprechaun war. The design for it was cool when it glowed while also matching a green/silver design with the guardian plate and the effect was useful at times during long battles.
AQ  Post #: 46
4/21/2012 22:27:31   
Mithos

Don't know why, but I've always liked Arcane. If it gets a graphical update, I'd like to see it having a purple fiery aura gently swirl around the armour, rather than it appearing to be on fire as it (sort of) does now.
AQ  Post #: 47
4/21/2012 23:30:44   
keyl

I myself would love a revamp of the Frogzard sword and armor morph. I remember when I first played, got that sword and tried to beat everything up with it. Fun memories.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
4/21/2012 23:36:39   
starwarsmat

I'd have to agree with every one that the basic elemental armors need revamps but a more specific item i'd like to see revamped would be the book of death and the book of death: volume 2 and possible soon higher versions of them
as they are perfect items for bmm and they are one of the few magic 100% proc weapons which also need to be revamped besides morningstar cross.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/22/2012 0:06:52   
dragonmasterz

I totally forgot about all that old stuff sitting in the 3 shops right in front of us. It would be a great Idea to revamp a lot of that. The staff could do the same thing they did to the elemental shields to the elemental plates. (Every week one gets released) Though I don't know how they would look against our current MC and whatnot. Would the plates all be neutral armours with average defences and attacks? Theres gotta be something special about them that would make people buy them like extra low resistances or something compensated with a higher gold cost.
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Old equipment you'd like to see revamped
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition