Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Old equipment you'd like to see revamped

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Old equipment you'd like to see revamped
Page 5 of 12«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2012 4:56:34   
BludClaw

The only thing I can think of right now is War armor.

Swept stats and higher level versions would be incredible.

EDIT: Oh, same thing for the Protector set, though it's already been mentioned.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 101
5/6/2012 7:35:40   
Keno Chao

Just a bit of an art revamp. Is it possible to get the Guardian and UltraGuardian plate's capes moved onto the same plane as the armour? They've been behind the shield since they were introduced and it's always bugged me
AQ  Post #: 102
5/6/2012 11:33:59   
Dragon Blade Master

Darklaw and countless other Trigger Weapons ans Shields.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 103
5/6/2012 11:44:43   
Erutans Pal

I would love to see the Golden Plate revamped and given a higher level option. I realize I am a defensive player, but we really need an all around good armor.
AQ DF  Post #: 104
5/6/2012 12:04:16   
Rai Spellfang
True evil needs no shirt!

Golden wouldn't remain as an all-around armour.

It'd be too incredibly terrible. Even a level 150 Golden Plate couldn't pull off the resists that the current one has at 90. I think the closest it could be is something around 61% to all, and that's barely better than the Golden Plate at level 75. Might be able to pull off 60%, which would still only be equal to the level 85 Golden. This would require it turn its defenses into mush, too. Now, bear in mind that a level 150 fully defensive armour can pull off under 40% before a shield and you'll see why nobody would want that :p
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 105
5/6/2012 13:15:25   
dragonmasterz

^Well even with the current Golden 55% isn't really useful so if Golden 150 had 55% it wouldn't be overpowered becuase 1. Its and MC 2. It should recieve and extra resistance boost be the resistances are spread and its most likely going to be fully defensive. I would actually be quite dispointed if Golden 150 had 55% to all. Even if it had 50% to all, still wouldn't be useful.
AQ  Post #: 106
5/6/2012 15:44:41   
Rauank5

More than anything, I want the old ubers revamped. Reign, Shadow, Asgardian, and Fujin. I will literally die of excitement when they get revamped :D
AQ  Post #: 107
5/6/2012 15:59:24   
afterlifex
Legend-X

dragonmasterz it would still have use. Starting armor when you log in or go in to a second fight. It would actually still be a good armor for essence dragons if EoN wasn't around. It allows you to always have at least decent resistance no matter what you encounter. It would also preform very well vs many multi-element monsters. Just because something isn't popular doesn't mean it doesn't have use. .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
5/6/2012 16:04:17   
arcangelgabrel

^
I agree. I thought about that fact when you mentioned the multi-elemental monsters. Because they attack with so many elements they get a sizable penalty, a multi-spread armor would reduce your damage a great deal.
AQ  Post #: 109
5/6/2012 16:09:50   
dragonmasterz

@afterlifex: Mages/Hybrids essentially have only 1 extra armour slot and thats if they use a compression armour. It would pretty much come down to Algern's Carapace Vs. Golden. I would chose AC becuase there are way more practical uses for it. Also only a tiny tiny percentage of the total monsters in the game are multi-element so its not a big factor. As for Warrior, very few would want to cope with an armour with such low offense.
AQ  Post #: 110
5/6/2012 16:19:09   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Your personal thoughts on how an inventory should be or even room for a given armor doesn't take away from possible uses, the use of an armor doesn't disappear because you don't use it. As well its lack of offense is a none issue when you would be using it as a resistance techa armor as well as we have 100% proc weapons if need be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
5/6/2012 16:21:22   
Egosascyth

Asgardian :)
It's been a long time since I've had Battle Tested Axe Master Armor, but I'd love for it to be reintroduced as an offensive wind armor

< Message edited by Egosascyth -- 5/6/2012 16:27:58 >
AQ  Post #: 112
5/6/2012 16:24:21   
dragonmasterz

@afterlifex: Its not my personal thoughs. Its how most armour inventories are aranged. (Assuming inventory has covered all 8 elements) Yes it could be used as a techa armour for staring a battle but at the cost of a precious slot just for that, not worth it IMO. Also Golden would have no attacking use what so ever becuase theres always going to be a armour that specialized and has better offense in your active inventory (assuming you've covered all 8 elements)
AQ  Post #: 113
5/6/2012 16:31:36   
arcangelgabrel

quote:

@afterlifex: Mages/Hybrids essentially have only 1 extra armour slot and thats if they use a compression armour.

Not true, I have two extra armor slots and I'm a mage ._. I have room for two utility armors of my choosing. One I've filled with using assassin to help me go first because my luck is a tad on the low side.
AQ  Post #: 114
5/6/2012 16:31:41   
afterlifex
Legend-X

You're the one that brought up its attack with:
quote:

As for Warrior, very few would want to cope with an armour with such low offense.
If it's not being used offensively your previous issue is none existent.

As well the the fact the X amount of people do something still doesn't take away from what an armor can do and its uses. None of that has to do with how an armor is balanced, just because no one uses a weapon that has dmg of 100-500 doesn't mean it should exist.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
5/6/2012 16:39:55   
dragonmasterz

quote:

As for Warrior, very few would want to cope with an armour with such low offense.

and
quote:

Also Golden would have no attacking use what so ever becuase theres always going to be a armour that specialized and has better offense in your active inventory (assuming you've covered all 8 elements)

Mean essentially the same thing. (I'm not controdicting my self) What i'm trying to say is that warrior's have no use for its attack.

quote:

Not true, I have two extra armor slots and I'm a mage ._. I have room for two utility armors of my choosing. One I've filled with using assassin to help me go first because my luck is a tad on the low side.

Note for Mages/Hybrids I have assumed that your gonna have Generalists's Robe (Or another WR) becuase it make spells very efficient.
AQ  Post #: 116
5/6/2012 16:43:06   
arcangelgabrel

quote:

Note for Mages/Hybrids I have assumed that your gonna have Generalists's Robe (Or another WR) becuase it make spells very efficient.

I have a dislike of blowing up while trying to cast a spell thank you very much o_e I ditched that thing long ago. the cost of casting the spell to the damage I took just wasn't worth it.
AQ  Post #: 117
5/6/2012 16:48:39   
dragonmasterz

^Its still very useful for farming. It all depends on the mobs you battle. If you farm only essence 150 dragons, then perhaps Golden could be useful but Generalists's Robe still has more practical use.

quote:

As well the the fact the X amount of people do something still doesn't take away from what an armor can do and its uses.

I never doubted its uses. I doubted how effective/efficient its uses are compared to other utility armours out there.

quote:

None of that has to do with how an armor is balanced, just because no one uses a weapon that has dmg of 100-500 doesn't mean it should exist.

Thats okay for normal items but in the case of a MC that people are excited about. If it had no use, that would be a shame.

< Message edited by dragonmasterz -- 5/6/2012 16:53:24 >
AQ  Post #: 118
5/6/2012 21:10:08   
Keno Chao

Just thought of this, Krenos should definitely get a revamp. I mean, he's supposed to be the Energy Wyrm, but he's useless XD
AQ  Post #: 119
5/6/2012 21:12:55   
battlesiege15

^that's true. The artwork I think is fine, but he should be more along today's standards on guests and pets... although I liked using him because he had no upkeep cost lol
AQ AQW  Post #: 120
5/6/2012 23:17:43   
zfloydz

^ The Level 90 Krenos was a nice energy guest with its 3 hit attack and no upkeep cost! It would be cool to see Krenos revamped. Maybe Krenos could improved to be powerful enough to use against high level water dragons.

< Message edited by zfloydz -- 5/6/2012 23:25:24 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 121
5/7/2012 6:47:02   
souldeath

weapon like poise can also be part of the revamp for its higher level version
as for spell that need to revamp it will be algorstorm for its higher level also (Arkridge + Algorstorm= epic)
AQ  Post #: 122
5/7/2012 15:44:44   
battlesiege15

I think we need some more cool looking light weapons too... and high leveled ones. I like the idea of how the blinding blade actual can blind your opponenet, and I think that higher levels of it is gonna be cool :)

also, I really like the artwork for the greataxe tempore, but it is too low leveled. Also, the "over-the-course-of-battle" is pretty cool. I remember using the weapon before but had to ditch it because it wasn't quite as strong
AQ AQW  Post #: 123
5/10/2012 12:07:54   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

Devourer Saga Items Shop? Could start great with these. But would definitely like to see a full re-vamp on them all at least.
Especially AssaultMech!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 124
5/11/2012 8:37:11   
loh87

forgot to add
katana set-the energy elemental ones
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Old equipment you'd like to see revamped
Page 5 of 12«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition