Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2012 1:38:35   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Midnight, what you provided was an extremely simple synopsis. It is not very difficult to write in brief text to make it simplified. The beauty of writing extends beyond that. To write in adeptness to capture the aura where one is engaged and progress with the characters as they travel their destined paths. Cinderella has done that, and will continue to do an amazing effort. Now intertwining the game along with the story is another special effort.

If you have followed when these story arcs took place, they were all seasonal with seasonal themes. Cinderella and the staff are now providing placement of characters. This is not only now but for future development of many story-lines.

I wish you would be more honest, the term "no sense" should be honestly "wished for more"

Since the introduction of the story-lines mingling with missions, the game has increased with players who are also enjoying the game and wishing for more, like you.

If you enjoy writing, share some of your stories and creativity. We have a section here dedicated for it, try it out.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19635256

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 5/3/2012 13:01:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
5/3/2012 2:38:56   
Ranloth
Banned

Well obviously the Saga makes no sense to you, midning, as it's not written in text language but mainly formal English so difficulties might appear when reading it. Also missions provide you with information, if you just accepted the missions, done them and didn't bother reading, then storyline makes no sense to you at all. Try to read before you 'comment' how crap it is and I dare you.. I dare you to make better. JZaanu gave you a link, I dare you to write a good Saga yourself. ;)

< Message edited by Trans -- 5/3/2012 3:06:23 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 102
5/3/2012 4:10:21   
Wootz

Last time I've seen AE let someone in if they were under 18. It was Xyo and he was 17. But thats a special case because he knew how to code, do flash and edit videos.
Practel? None.
And I'm still waiting for my reply on the doubts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
5/3/2012 4:11:18   
drinde

@Trans
How's mine? :P

On to comment on the Electric Rapier, its so thin... I approve, we need to get our equipment on a diet.

< Message edited by drinde -- 5/3/2012 4:15:12 >

DF MQ Epic  Post #: 104
5/3/2012 7:42:40   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

midnight santa- what would you prefer to see? If you have some ideas or criticisms, I'd be happy to hear them. If you don't want to go off-topic in the forums, you can contact me at cinderella@battleon.com

@joe- the war the players will be fighting does not take place in the past- we'd like to do some things with that (especially since we have the art in-game for young Valestra and she's going to get aged soon-ish to match the character's stated age) but this isn't it. The story I've been putting into the DNs is leading up to this arc and establishing some character history.
Post #: 105
5/3/2012 8:53:22   
midnight santa

I like to see some cool stufs like i hav sum ideas like u help lawman catch bad guys, gud npcs vs bad npcs, choose ur npc girlfrend.
In bio saga wer like bunnys wana armor and spaceship, i mean story is so so, it ok but no sense.
I will give u a bright idea for next time, make bio hazard be army vs players but dey are mad and stronger and eat ur flesh.
Epic  Post #: 106
5/3/2012 11:12:49   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Midnight- the Heartbreaker saga did represent the struggle between good characters (Admin 12, Habuki, the Negawraith) against an evil character (Alydriah). The bunnies were looking for a way to get off of Delta V and onto their home planet, as was explained by Mr. Cottontail. Could you be more specific as to where you were confused, as I am currently writing the next story arc and I would greatly like to improve.

Also, as you may have noticed from the previews, the Infernal Infiltration arc involves the Lawman.

As for the npc girlfriend- there were enough complaints in this thread about anything resembling romance in EpicDuel ;)
Post #: 107
5/3/2012 11:30:35   
Oba

I am abit lost... is the war starting tomorrow?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
5/3/2012 11:37:00   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

no, I'm turning in an outline for it tomorrow
Post #: 109
5/3/2012 11:43:27   
Oba

Alright, good enough. When can we expect it to start though? :P Next week?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 110
5/3/2012 11:43:27   
SouL Prisoner

Hope the New saga is more fun and not repetitive like the bionic saga ....

@ Cindy could v plzzoget something like the frost war ...type saga....it swa better than all other sagas..

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
5/3/2012 11:44:00   
Stabilis

@Cinderella,

Will the banished warriors make a return to Delta V, as used in the story of Exile? It may be possible, and have significant influence on Caden, Baelius, and Oz. Could this be planned in the later stories of EpicDuel, or can we expect this arc earlier on? I would suppose that as it is climatic in the larger scope, this is an arc that would happen much later. Any spoilers for this topic? ;p
AQ Epic  Post #: 112
5/3/2012 11:49:32   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@soul- it is a war, as I stated in the DNs

@Depressed- players are supposed to be exiles who have returned
Post #: 113
5/3/2012 11:53:22   
Stabilis

Ahh, my bad, I never really thought that everyone of the Exiles came back from the prison.
AQ Epic  Post #: 114
5/3/2012 12:09:18   
Basicball

^Me and my fellow legions shall put them all back in the prison
Muahahahaha

another war for us to win!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
5/3/2012 12:54:31   
Fay Beeee

Well I and all other Exiles will try and make sure you do not succeed. LOL

Epic  Post #: 116
5/3/2012 14:32:51   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

As for the npc girlfriend- there were enough complaints in this thread about anything resembling romance in EpicDuel ;)

Might be wrong, but pretty sure that was JUST me :) I'm not very romantic, I fart in bed and dutch oven the GF [push her under covers]
romance is real, so no harm in having a bit of it but it is your call.

Post #: 117
5/3/2012 14:38:12   
Xenii

^^ lol too much info haha
Epic  Post #: 118
5/3/2012 14:44:15   
PivotalDisorder

that's what she said ^^
Post #: 119
5/3/2012 15:22:23   
kingpowerlord

@basicball and ill fight right next to you (literallyy im in ur faction the great bounty v2) also fay bee practel digi congratz to being mods
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
5/3/2012 19:58:50   
rej

Midnight, are you miss spelling your words on purpose, or do really not notice that you are doing it?
I agree that the Bionic Battalion Saga had a rather disappointing conclusion; However, that is no reason to troll Cindy about it. She deserves way more respect than that.

On a note that actually relates to this topic... I am very much looking forward to this new saga (and new achievements.)

< Message edited by rej -- 5/3/2012 20:00:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
5/3/2012 20:39:22   
ORDER

A big Thanks to everyone both in game and on the forums for all the well wishes on my new position. Im not a big presence here on the forums, but that doesn't mean Im not looking out for you guys. Im not just a Mod Im a player. If anyone needs any help, has questions, or suggestions please feel free to Pm me. Also a huge congratz to my fellow Mods!!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 122
5/3/2012 21:00:06   
One Winged Angel1357

@Cindy you know something the Bunny in your Novella is he the basis for the Bunny saga? I mean it sounded like Ulysses, before his attack on the Tower, was experimenting on that poor bunny albeit he was injuried he still seemed like an unwilling victim just like the bunny saga bunnies. Wuld this be correct or am I just crazy(even slightly correct beats crazy but crazy is always a possibility)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 123
5/3/2012 22:26:32   
Aere

Definite congratulations to G00NY, Jzannu, Fay, Practel, and Order. I've seen and known of (or known) you guys for a while, I know you guys will do great.
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
5/4/2012 0:55:54   
Mr. Black OP

^
I think it is just an intro.
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition