Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Shadow of Doubt

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> [Equipment Comparison] >> Equipment Comparison >> =AQ= Shadow of Doubt
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2012 14:50:52   
bassetbookworm
The Hound is Watching...

Shadow of Doubt

HERE (Info submission thanks to In Media Res)

This is the thread in which to discuss comparisons between the new items and others. Unlike guide-like threads created via Comparison Posting you are not required to lay out comparisons in a formal manner in here. But remember - because you'll have read the forum rules of course - do not ask questions here like "what's best for me" / "which is the better weapon" - this is not a Question & Answer forum. Nor is it a general game discussion forum. Only post if you have something useful and relevant to add / discuss.

Threads created via the Comparison Posting forum (which then get moved to this Equipment Comparison forum once approved) normally remain on a permanent basis, whereas this =AQ= one is likely to be allowed to expire.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
5/2/2012 15:58:36   
chadrizard

This essentially replaces Nemesis' Testament provided you got the top level Full Metal Santa, you're done. It's stronger than Nemesis simply by looking at the BRS and BtH.

No Drop - Water
FMS - Ice/Fire
Shadow of Doubt - Light/Dark
Leprechaun Au-rmor- Light/Energy
Morningstar - Earth
Cyclone Wyvern - Wind
Utility Armor (Wizard/Rogue)
Utility Armor (Assassin/Algern's Carapace)
AQ  Post #: 2
5/2/2012 16:01:02   
ken1000

I rely on Algerns for darkness defense and solaris for light- although this might be an interesting armor to get for compression.
AQ  Post #: 3
5/2/2012 16:01:18   
elite096

Hmm, for those with Nemesis' Testament it causes quite the dilemma!
But an armor like this, I can't turn down! Can't wait to level up and try it out.
AQ  Post #: 4
5/2/2012 16:07:11   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

It's only a dilemma if you don't have FMS.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/2/2012 16:15:18   
Duskstar

Love this armour, and I can't wait to have fun with the skill. My only disappointment is the art, but it loads quickly :P
AQW  Post #: 6
5/2/2012 16:41:39   
elite096

Yes, and I don't! Mine was a very low level version and not worth keeping. Hopefully there'll be something to cover ice in the near future too.
AQ  Post #: 7
5/2/2012 18:42:48   
dragonmasterz

Ya the art`s kind of a let down but other than that, its a very nice armour. Sadly its light defense won`t be used much.

< Message edited by dragonmasterz -- 5/2/2012 18:50:18 >
AQ  Post #: 8
5/2/2012 18:48:15   
AQPUre

^ your crazy wont be used much it has a quad potion usage for 20 sp which is crazy good.

< Message edited by AQPUre -- 5/2/2012 18:50:10 >
Post #: 9
5/2/2012 18:51:18   
dragonmasterz

^I said it won`t be used much for its light resistance becuase I have LPA which is much more offensive and has pratcically the same ligth resistance.
AQ  Post #: 10
5/2/2012 19:52:30   
Red Dragon Archfiend

Comparing the lv137 Shadow of Doubt to the lv135 Nemesis Testament:

resistances - tie: both are 42% to darkness. Shadow of Doubt provides 42% to light while Nemesis provides 42% to ice. Other resistances are similar.

blocking - small advantage Nemesis: Shadow of Doubt offers 43/43/53 Melee/Ranged/Magic (total 139) versus Nemesis 47/47/47 (total 141).

offense - tie: Shadow of Doubt offers 520/520/1024 with +17Bth, while Nemesis provides 505/505/995 with +16 BtH, a slight advantage for Shadow of Doubt. However Nemesis has the passive backlash effect that sometimes does harm damage to the monster equal to 11.9% of the damage taken, offsetting the Shadow of Doubt BRS advantage.

full set bonus - advantage Nemesis: Shadow of Doubt does not have a full set bonus.

skills - advantage Shadow of Doubt: Nemesis does not have a skill.

Overall extremely similar armors, both solid. Both can compress two excellent resistances into one armor.

AQ  Post #: 11
5/2/2012 20:07:43   
Neil 1000000

Is it worth replacing my Blazing Solaris Plate?
AQ DF  Post #: 12
5/2/2012 20:41:36   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

That's entirely up to you it does have vastly superior light resistance but it's dmg should still fall short of BSP.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/2/2012 20:41:50   
Red Dragon Archfiend

@Neil 1000000:

If you missed Leprechaun Power Au-rmour, replacing Blazing Solaris Plate may be worthwhile if you need:

1) better light resistance
2) armor compression, e.g. replace two armors with one

Blazing Solaris Plate has stronger offense, and the Solar Call skill.
AQ  Post #: 14
5/2/2012 20:44:32   
bobyjoe5000

I love this new armor. sure you cant use eye of nabb etc., but it is better then golden plate in offense, defense and can use 4 potions at once
AQ  Post #: 15
5/2/2012 21:24:17   
gtown25nick

How do you use 4 potions at once in it?
AQ  Post #: 16
5/2/2012 21:29:25   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

When you use a potion it does it twice, so a single pot is 2 and double(2) is 4 but it also costs more SP and pots as well.
So far I have seen no info on it and no one is on IRC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/2/2012 21:32:50   
gtown25nick

Okay, Thanks. It sounds like it's probably a bug though.
AQ  Post #: 18
5/2/2012 23:08:38   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

I'm debating the usefulness of that stun ability. I currently have the level 113 Nightmare Wyvern, and it has a 2% or 3% better darkness resist. Thing is, I have no real light armor and this could very well double for that, and that paralyze ability just looks so tempting. I'm at a loss :/
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
5/2/2012 23:13:04   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

Doing some quick number crunching for my lvl 140 lucky hybrid, I get this armor doing 9 DPT more than Nemesis. Assuming average monster damage to you is 100 points per turn (pretty high I think), you would do 11.9 point backlash per turn if you managed to get backlash every turn (which you won't).

So, against monster that do low damage, this will win out. Against monsters that do more damage, nemesis will win out.

It then comes down to the skill and whether you think it is useful enough.

Really, it comes down to preference and playing style.

With the same lvl 140 lucky hybrid, BSP beats it by 40 DPT. But it beats BSP by 6% on defense.

It beats LPA by only 1% of defense and gets beat by almost 60 DPT.

So if you have LPA, keep it as your light armor.

This might be a suitable substitute for Nemeis and/or BSP depending on your playing preferences and style.

< Message edited by TRB1965 -- 5/2/2012 23:15:49 >
AQ  Post #: 20
5/2/2012 23:26:56   
dragonmasterz

Sadly the skill is only useful if your a BM. I have 200 LUK and it really doesn`t paralyze:/ Too bad I found this out after I had bought it. kinda regret buying it now:(
AQ  Post #: 21
5/3/2012 0:27:42   
darksampson

Right now I only need a decent light armor that doesn't look... like Solaris. I'm not really digging the art here, also its really expensive and I already have Nemesis. I think I'm going to wait for the Golden revamp or lvl 135 version of Chimeran, aslo looks like the skill is only useful to BM. >_<

< Message edited by darksampson -- 5/3/2012 0:28:07 >
AQ  Post #: 22
5/3/2012 1:12:01   
gtown25nick

quote:

Right now I only need a decent light armor that doesn't look... like Solaris. I'm not really digging the art here, also its really expensive and I already have Nemesis. I think I'm going to wait for the Golden revamp or lvl 135 version of Chimeran, aslo looks like the skill is only useful to BM. >_<

I didn't like the art at first either but since then its grown on me. It probably helps that the animations are really cool (especially the one for the skill).
AQ  Post #: 23
5/3/2012 3:45:33   
puyan

I replaced my Nemesis with this, was a hard decision and so far Shadow of Doubt still haven't let me down.. and I love the paralyzing ability, I think it fits my build which have 200 CHA and LUK :D
AQ  Post #: 24
5/3/2012 5:47:14   
chadrizard

It all comes down to this..

Are you BM? Yes.
Do you have Full Metal Santa? Yes.

Without a shadow of a doubt, get Shadow of Doubt!
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> [Equipment Comparison] >> Equipment Comparison >> =AQ= Shadow of Doubt
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition