Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish Translation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish Translation
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2012 11:32:22   
Galanoth
The Legendary Daragonslayer

Hello EpicDuelists!

I have been meaning to ask all of you Brazilian and Spanish-speaking players what you all think of the translations ingame. Are they accurate enough? Is anything confusing? Could anything be worded better?

Let us know what you think and we will do our best to improve them :)

-Galanoth
Post #: 1
5/4/2012 11:38:05   
Stabilis

GALANOTH!

Welcome to our forums, since I do not use the translator, I will avoid posting here.

I just wanted to say "hi".
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/4/2012 11:45:04   
i like bounty hunter

WOW!
Its You

In Dragon Fable
You Used To Be My Hero.

Welcome To Epic Duel.

P.S. I Never Knew You Were Spanish/Brazilian

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/4/2012 13:42:24   
supermasivo

Id love to help in translations couse ive seen some that "burns my eyes"... example: "dao" = "daÑo" (english = damage on physical/energy damage on main char screen)
And some quests that dont have any translation... only english.

Post edited, due to other posts being deleted. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 5/4/2012 15:14:57 >
Epic  Post #: 4
5/4/2012 15:36:18   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Several posts has been deleted from here, due to off-topic, and flaming. This topic is about the Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish Translators ingame, and giving opinions on this feature. This topic is not about all players should learn English, as that is off-topic, and not possible. If you haven't use the translators in-game, this topic isn't really for you. This is more directed towards the Brazilian and Spanish-speaking players that have use the translators ingame.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/4/2012 17:48:07   
DeathGuard

Hi Galanoth, is a pleasure that you posted this thread.
Last months I have been reading out the spanish translation of EpicDuel's game and it is not accurate, but I had like to offer you an idea, why don't gather around 10-20 spanish players who are willing to help so that they can translate all over the text to spanish. I think it would be really good since the only thing the players would be doing is being assigned text to be translated, no money, and no rewards, just for helping the community.
Last Time I translated one DNs of ED to spanish but due that forums doesn't accepts other languages except english, I couldn't post it.

If you had free time to contact me, I could help with spanish translation since my natal language is spanish. Thanks for posting about this and have a good day.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/4/2012 17:55:54   
comicalbike

hope you get all you want

Epic  Post #: 7
5/4/2012 17:56:07   
entidadpunk

hey galanoth,i wanna help with the english-spainish translations
AQW  Post #: 8
5/5/2012 8:28:21   
Galanoth

Thank you for your responses so far :)

We really need some examples of what translations are wrong and what they need to be changed to in order to be accurate, Please post in the following format:

1) Location of translation ingame

2) Current translation ( English phrase followed by Brazilian Port. or SPanish)

3) Correct translation

This will actually help us make changes :)

< Message edited by Galanoth -- 5/5/2012 9:00:22 >
Post #: 9
5/5/2012 10:08:19   
Wind

Hey Galanoth

quote:

1) Location of translation ingame -

2) Current translation ( English phrase followed by Brazilian Port. or SPanish) -

3) Correct translation

1. Buddy List Character friend state (Online - Offline)

2. In Spanish it still stays the same... Online or Offline,

3. Correct should be, Spanish: (Online) en línea (Offline) fuera de línea

Also I thought it may be noted here as well that, if you request an ally link with someone in Spanish settings, on your buddy list it will say Online to Conectado.
Also if you keep it in Spanish language and re-log then everyone in your buddy list who is Online will say "Conectado" and if they're Offline it'll say "Desconectado"

Video Link

< Message edited by Wind -- 5/6/2012 4:57:43 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/5/2012 18:36:03   
Galanoth

Thank you Wind :)
Post #: 11
5/5/2012 19:45:31   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I'd also like to just let everyone know that Daimyo, one of our new Moderators is Brazilian and is helping us out with some translations there! So you should see some improvements there, of course that doesn't mean you don't need to post any mistakes in that area, because he won't spot everything, your help is still incredibly appreciated.

@entidadpunk: Please post any mistakes in the Spanish translations in this topic, in the format that Galanoth has kindly stated above, that is the best way for you to help with it! Thank you for your enthusiasm to assist!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/5/2012 20:28:16   
entidadpunk

@wind: the correct translation is online>conectado and offline>desconectado

First,i will start with the mercenary skills (i have the 3 starter classes,but i am busy ,so i will start with merc)

1) Location of translation ingame: stats panel (should be fixed ASAP)

2) Current translation ( English phrase followed by Brazilian Port. or SPanish)

Double Strike: "X % de mas daño" should be "X% de incremento de daño"
Bunker Buster: "..da x% de posibilidad de asalto" should be "tiene un x% de posibilidad de hacer un asalto crítico"
Intimidate: "asalta y debilita a tu enemigo al reducir su strenght durante el combate" should be "Asalta y debilita a tu enemigo reduciendo su strenght durante el combate"
Field Medic: "mdico de campo" > typo,correct translation: "Médico del campo"
Berzerker: "asalta a un enemogo tres veces para una gran cantidad de daño durante la batalla" Typo+incorrect translation,should be "asalta tres veces a tu enemigo causando una gran cantidad de daño durante la batalla"
Maul: Like Double Strike, "X% mas de daño" should be "X% de incremento de daño"
Surgical Strike:
Atom Smasher: Typo+Incorect translation:

typo: "acelerador de tomos">"acelerador de átomos"

"quiebra al enemigo,quitándole la energia como on porcentaje de so daño normal" should be "quiebra al enemigo,quitándole una cantidad de energia igual a cierto porcentaje* de daño normal" *porcentaje=%

"level x xx conversion de %" should be "level x xx % del daño normal

Adrenaline:

"Adrenalina"

"incrementa la cantidad de rage que ganas cuando atacas y te defiendes"

"level x xx% de incremento"

note: some "´" are missing,editing now

---------------------

Done editing

forget it,i will make the merce translation again

< Message edited by entidadpunk -- 5/5/2012 21:23:34 >
AQW  Post #: 13
5/5/2012 20:48:06   
DeathGuard

@Entidad: Recuerda que rage se puede interpretar por ira :P

I will look for typos in Spanish translation, I will just need time to gather all of them and fix it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/5/2012 20:52:43   
entidadpunk

@deathguard:
en ese caso todo tendria que cambiarse,lo que es raro porque hasta ahora no lo han hecho,por lo que decidi ignorarlo y solo traducir las definiciones y no los nombres de los atributos (str,dex,etc).
AQW  Post #: 15
5/5/2012 20:57:52   
DeathGuard

@Entidad: Hay que decirles ya que es necesario para que los que no saben ingles tendran que forzar a no saber que es lo que significa. las palabras para strength y todas las stats son faciles, muy faciles de deducir por nosotros asi que hay que ponerlo como error de traduccion.

Approximate English Translation (Spanish isn't my strongest point):'I have to tell you that it is necessary for those who do not know English and will have to be forced to not know what it means. Words for strength and all stats are easy, very easy to tell for us, so you have to put it as an error of translation.' ~Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 5/6/2012 5:14:10 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/5/2012 21:05:49   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Even though the nature of this thread is translation in a non-English language, forum rules dictate that any foreign language must be accompanied by English translation. Please do not post entirely in a non-English language.

< Message edited by The Game -- 5/5/2012 21:06:15 >
AQ  Post #: 17
5/5/2012 21:10:48   
entidadpunk

If you know the rules, and continue to violate them, that is not proper behaviour. Rules are rules. Eukara Vox, AE Admin

@galanoth:

Instead of fixing the typos and errors,i will just remove everything and start translating directly from the wiki.

Physical damage/physical defense: Daño Físico/Defensa Física
Energy Damage/Energy Defense:Daño De Energía/Defensa de Energía

Tactical Mercenary

Medico De Campo:te cura a ti o a tu aliado durante la batalla
Ataque Doble:te permite atacar una segunda vez para causar mas daño
Armadura Mineral:Incrementa tu Defensa Física de forma pasiva durante el combate
Granada Aturdidora:Atacas a tu enemigo con una granada con un 30% de probabilidad inicial de aturdir
Escudo De Sangre:Sacrificas salud para activar un escudo energetico para tí o tu aliado.
Comandante del Equipo:Incrementa tu fuerza o la de tu aliado durante la batalla.
Redirigir:Te permite obtener energia de forma pasiva cada vez que recibes daño
Furioso:Añade a tu salud un porcentaje del daño que provocas
Golpe de artillería:Provoca daño fisico a todos tus enemigos
Ataque Quirurgico:un ataque de tipo energía,roba un 30% de vida de tu enemigo y reduce su íra un 50%.
Quemador de Átomos: Golpeas a tu enemigo,quitandole cierto porcentaje de energia equivalente a el daño de tus armas y el nivel de la habilidad.
Granada Tóxica:Envenenas a tu enemigo por tres turnos quitandole una cantidad de salud inicial del 25% del daño de tu arma como daño físico.

Cyber Hunter

Golpe Bajo: golpea ignorando un % de todas las defensas,25% de posibilidades de hacer un golpe critico
Granada EMP:tira una granada EMP,quitandole energia a tu enemigo
Armadura de plasma:Incrementa tu defensa a los ataques de energia de forma pasiva durante el combate
Carga Estática: Te permite obtener energia de forma pasiva cada vez que haces daño
Matrix Defensiva:Incrementa tu defensa fisica o la de tu aliado durante el combate.se mejora con soporte
Multi-disparo:Dispara mediante un cañon de energia dañando a todos tus enemigos
Error de Funcionamiento:Golpea y reduce la tecnologia de tu enemigo
Golpe Venenoso:Golpea y envenena causando un 70% del daño normal
Granada de Plasma:Dispara una granada que daña la energia y tiene un 30% de posibilidad de aturdir.
Masacre:Desata una furia de golpes en tu enemigo
Artes Oscuras:Incrementa tus posibilidades de bloquear y tus posibilidades de aturdir con la granada de plasma de forma pasiva.

Blood Mage

Bola De Fuego:dispara una bola de fuego causando daño fisico.
Escudo De Energia:Incrementa tu defensa de energía o la de tu aliado durante el combate.
Cañon de Plasma:Dispara plasma ignorando un 20% de las defensas de tu enemigo,con un 25% de posibilidad de hacer un golpe crítico.
Sed De Sangre:Añade a tu salud un porcentaje del daño que provocas
Lluvia de Plasma:Un lluvia de plasma cae sobre tus enemigos,se mejora con destreza
???(bludgeon) :Provoca daño fisico incrementado usando la punta afilada de tu baston
Intimidar:Ataca e intimida al enemigo reduciendo su fuerza
Sobrecarga:Dispara un rayo hacia tu enemigo que tiene un 30% de posibilidad de aturdir.se mejora con destreza
Incremento de los reflejos:Incrementa la destreza,convierte un 15% del daño recbido en energía
Super Descarga:Dispara una carga de energía,ignora un 20% de la resistencia y roba un 30% de vida.se mejora con tecnologia
Punteria Mortal:Incrementa el daño de tu pistola de forma pasiva

Tech Mage

Matrix Defensiva:Incrementa tu defensa fisica o la de tu aliado durante el combate.se mejora con soporte
Bola De Plasma:dispara una bola de energía,se emjora con tecnlología
Técnico:Mejora tu tecnologia o la de tu aliado durante el combate.
???(bludgeon) :Provoca daño fisico incrementado usando la punta afilada de tu baston
Sobrecarga:Dispara un rayo hacia tu enemigo que tiene un 30% de posibilidad de aturdir.se mejora con destreza
Error de Funcionamiento:Golpea y reduce la tecnologia de tu enemigo
Redirigir:Te permite obtener energia de forma pasiva cada vez que recibes daño
Lluvia de Plasma:Un lluvia de plasma cae sobre tus enemigos,se mejora con destreza
Asimilacion:Provoca 100% de daño y roba energía de tu objetivo añadiendo 50% a tu energía
Super Descarga:Dispara una carga de energía,ignora un 20% de la resistencia y roba un 30% de vida.se mejora con tecnologia
Punteria Mortal:Incrementa el daño de tu pistola de forma pasiva

Bounty Hunter

Golpe Bajo: golpea ignorando un % de todas las defensas,25% de posibilidades de hacer un golpe critico
Pantalla de humo: Ataca y reduce la destreza de tu enemigo
Escudo De Energia:Incrementa tu defensa de energía o la de tu aliado durante el combate.
Sed De Sangre:Añade a tu salud un porcentaje del daño que provocas
Granada EMP:tira una granada EMP,quitandole energia a tu enemigo
Incremento de los reflejos:Incrementa la destreza,convierte un 15% del daño recbido en energía
Granada Aturdidora:Atacas a tu enemigo con una granada con un 30% de probabilidad inicial de aturdir
Artes Oscuras:Incrementa tus posibilidades de bloquear y tus posibilidades de aturdir con la granada de plasma de forma pasiva.
Masacre:Desata una furia de golpes en tu enemigo
Golpe Venenoso:Golpea y envenena causando un 70% del daño normal

Mercenary

Ataque Doble:te permite atacar una segunda vez para causar mas daño
Armadura Híbrida:Incrementa tu defensa a los ataques fisicos y de energía de forma pasiva durante la batalla.
Comandante del Equipo:Incrementa tu fuerza o la de tu aliado durante la batalla.
Intimidar:Ataca e intimida al enemigo reduciendo su fuerza
Bola De Bunkers:dispara mediante una bazooka,se mejora con tecnlología
Golpe de artillería:Provoca daño fisico a todos tus enemigos
Furioso:Ataca a tu enemigo tres veces en el mismo turno causando una cantidad masiva de daño
Martillo:ataca al enemigo ignorando un 20% de las defensas,mas la posibilidad de aturdir
Ataque Quirurgico:Ataca la energía,roba un 30% de vida de tu enemigo y reduce su íra un 50%.
Adrenalina:Incrementa tu obtencion de ira cuando atacas y te defiendes
Quebrador de Átomos:Ataca a tu enemigo quitandole una cantidad de energia equivalente a cierto porcentaje de tu daño normal

also please fix the Ñ

Health: Salud
Energy: Energia
Strength: Fuerza
Dexterity: Destreza
Technology: Tecnologia
Support: Soporte
Focus:Concentracion
Agility:agilidad

Finished

now i will start with the map

FORTUNE CITY

1) Raymus

2) "...Si estás interesado en invertir en finca raiz...."

3) "...si estas interesado en inventir en BIENES RAICES...."

1) Capensis

2) I m not your enemy,but neither am i your prey.
If you scratch nehind my ears and bring me some carrots,i will be your ally.

3) Spainish:

Yo no soy tu enemigo,pero tampoco tu presa.Si me rascas detras de las orejas y me traes algunas zanahorias,voy a ser tu amigo.

1) Heavy Guard

2) everything is mistranslated

3) ALTO! Es una órden de se exelencia Alydriah Descar,jefa suprema de la legión.
no es seguro que nos vean juntos,ciudadano.si necesitas algunas mercaderías,dimelo.

1) Steve 2.0 (typo)

2) "dejame ayudarte a porsonalizar tu armadura..."

3) "dejame ayudarte a PERSONALIZAR tu armadura..."

1) Valestra (typo)

2) "Hola extranhero!"

3) "Hola extrangero!"

1) Alydriah

2) -

3) idiotas.de verdad pensaron que yo no se lo que sucede en mi propia casa?
Tu pequeño plan para derribarme ha fallado,pero al menos has ganado fama por intentarlo.
Alydroid ya me habia informado acerca de la traicion de administrador antes de vuestro pequeño intento,nunca tubieron posibilidades de ganar!
Yo de ser tu me estaría largando,cuidadano,pero paciencia.

< Message edited by entidadpunk -- 5/6/2012 14:10:55 >
AQW  Post #: 18
5/7/2012 8:48:04   
Xenii

I was wondering, what context of "Spanish" does the wording follow? Is it Spanish from Spain? There a lot of different translations for different words, especially from South American countries.
Epic  Post #: 19
5/7/2012 9:49:23   
entidadpunk

@EP: Neutral spainish

also,i finished overlord facility

1) Overlord guard

2) "si quieres de demuestro la calidad..."

3) "si quieres TE demuestro la calidad..."

< Message edited by entidadpunk -- 5/7/2012 17:43:11 >
AQW  Post #: 20
5/9/2012 21:52:11   
Rayman
Banned

Bad Spanish just a missSpelling it needs just 1 word:
1. When ur Buddy List its Full and u try adding someone it says:

2.Tu Lista De Amigos Ya Est Llena. It should be:

3. Tu Lista De Amigos Ya Esta llena.

It just need another letter A at (Est-a=Llena)
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/9/2012 23:30:26   
entidadpunk

@midnight santa:

uh?

also
@whofixesthetypos:

i have my last exam tomrrow,so in the next week i will have time to report all the typos

< Message edited by entidadpunk -- 5/9/2012 23:31:09 >
AQW  Post #: 22
6/4/2012 23:03:14   
Colosso
Ordem e Progresso

I hope you enjoy the new translations to Portuguese / Espero que gostem das novas traduções para o Português.
Thanks for the opportunity / Obrigado pela oportunidade =)
AQW  Post #: 23
6/4/2012 23:31:31   
DeathGuard

When it comes to the word damage in weapons, it is mistaken:
Originally: Dañar Current Damage
How it should be: Daño Current Damage

Charfade's text is also mistaken:
Cuando me quede atascada en Delta V, reconstrui algunas armas y armaduras.

The " Appraise Gear" Option has some typos on it:
Los jugadores que ganen puntosde Exotismo mayores a 25000 se convertiran en cazadores de tesoros y obtendran un logro especial.

There is some missing text on it also:
Los personajes con los inventarios mas exoticos apareceran en la Clasificacion de Exotismo.

The word credits appear as credits when it should be: creditos

Boost can be written as: Estimulo

Stats translation:
Health: Puntos de Vida or Vida
Energy: Energia
Strength: Fuerza
Dexterity: Destreza
Technology: Tecnologia
Support: Soporte
Focus: Concentracion
Agility: Agilidad

Physical: Fisico, written as Daño Fisico on weapons
Energy: Energia, Daño de Energia
Primary: Primaria
Sidearm: Arma
Auxiliary: Auxiliar

Defense: Defensa
Resistance: Resistencia

Will work during the next days, though I've a lot of work searching for typos xD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/5/2012 18:34:45   
nico0las

All the changes I had in mind are already noted... Otherwise the translations are good.
Nevermind I just started reading some. I'll post up some corrections.

I speak both fluently, but seeing as there are sufficient spanish translations, here are some for portuguese:

Health - Saúde
Energy - Energia
Strength - Força
Dexterity - Destreza
Technology - Tecnologia
Support - Soporte/apoio (Note: I'm not sure about supporte. Most brazilians I know say it, but I can't confirm if it's a legitimate word).
Focus - Foco/Concentração
Agility - Agilidade

Field Medic - medico de campo. (Medicina de campo means "Field medicine/medication")

Bounty Hunter - caçador de recompensas (that's the direct translation. I'd just say caçador)
Cyber Hunter - caçador cybernetico
Blood mage - Mago da sangue
Tech mage - Mago da tecnologia
Tactical Mercenary - Mercenário Tático
Mercenary - Mercenário

Homepage - Página Principal
Get Varium - Comprar Varium
Forums - This is the only one I didn't know. Translated, it's Fóruns. I don't know if it's correct though.
More Games - Mas Jogos
Terms and Conditions - Termos e Condições
How to Play - Como Jogar

Barren Outpost - Poste Estéril
Fortune City - Ciudade da Fortuna/Sorte
Minte Tower - Torre de Minar
West Naval Yard - Estaleiro Naval do Oeste
Central Station - Estação Central
Biological Preserve - Tapada Biológica

< Message edited by nico0las -- 6/5/2012 19:12:23 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish Translation
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition