Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why buff NPC's?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why buff NPC's?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/5/2012 11:27:46   
King FrostLich

I am disappointed to see why NPC's were given a higher "education" of learning how to deflect unblockables. Seriously, how are we suppose to get fast kills? Other than that, defeating boss npc's for newcomers in the future such as Nightwraith, Overlord Guard and Caden(they have high tech) will be almost indestructible unless using a pure strength bounty hunter build or another tank varium build. Tell me why buff these npc's by giving them the ability to deflect rather than giving them auxiliaries?

If the three npc's are already as deadly by means of defense, how much more are those with high strength and high tech.(slayer can be considered as one) At the same time, what about Admin 11 or the new npc's for the next incoming war?

Epic  Post #: 1
5/5/2012 11:42:34   
Basicball

quote:

Seriously, how are we suppose to get fast kills?

you are not. I believe you might be forgetting that Epicduel is a PvP game, and not a PvC game.
quote:

At the same time, what about Admin 11 or the new npc's for the next incoming war?

boss npcs arn't supposed to be easy, and you'll definitelly be able to defeat (all) the war npcs if you have a decent build.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/5/2012 11:45:41   
King FrostLich

It may be needed for npc's to be decent but adding deflections was one bad idea. What about adding auxiliaries that will make them tougher to beat.
Epic  Post #: 3
5/5/2012 11:45:57   
Angels Holocaust

Tell me about it, this game is an outrage. Why would you do such a thing? This my friends is a bad case of trolling.

The Dragonfly Horde ate your sig.
Do not use another person's Sig without permission. Otherwise, it could be
seen as impersonation.
Signature Guide
Post #: 4
5/5/2012 11:49:14   
VIX

@Angels Holocaust , Why your using FayBeee's Picture and Siggy?
Epic  Post #: 5
5/5/2012 12:01:32   
Stabilis

Yeah...?
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
5/5/2012 12:30:47   
Rayman
Banned

a guy called midnight sante uses it too lol.

on topic: but i really like npcs buff.
dont you think npcs should have rage>?

< Message edited by Rayman -- 5/5/2012 12:34:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/5/2012 12:52:41   
  RabbleFroth

From another thread: Pretty sure this wasn't intended. We'll take a look at this on Monday.
Post #: 8
5/5/2012 13:37:47   
King FrostLich

YESSSS, just give them auxiliaries Rabble and I'll be fine with it although it will make them overpowered to lower/inexpereinced players.
Epic  Post #: 9
5/5/2012 14:02:59   
rajkumar

I love to kill npc slow and steady using a focus build. And after the update i am not finding any difficulty battling them beforr update it takes me 6 turns and after update also it takes me 6 turns to kill 1 npc. I guess the players who use strength build get beaten by npc :-P Focus build was best and is best to kill a npc ^__^

< Message edited by rajkumar -- 5/5/2012 14:03:32 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/5/2012 14:03:25   
Midnightsoul

wow Angel...ur not Fay Beee

@on topic
why do u care? that just makes things more balanced...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/5/2012 22:12:22   
midnight santa

im not fay beee....
Epic  Post #: 12
5/5/2012 22:19:04   
Vendile

@Midnight Santa

/EPICFACEPALM

Anyways, bosses weren't attended to be fast and easy for good wins, as mentioned by Basicball, its a PvP game. However, bosses I found the boss NPC's no need for a buff, seeing as all the nerfs we have these days, but the normal ones could use a aux or something instead of that deflection.
Post #: 13
5/6/2012 0:25:29   
rej

quote:

It may be needed for npc's to be decent but adding deflections was one bad idea. What about adding auxiliaries that will make them tougher to beat.

Agreed. That was a very low blow. It has already cost me over 2 minutes worth of time in npc battles, and that was only in two days. 1 minute/1 day = 365 minutes (6 hours) of added NPC time a year. No thanks.
Not to mention the fact that this made npcs like Admin11 and Bigtuna even harder for newer, less experienced players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/6/2012 0:47:47   
Algorithm

My question is, why shouldn't you be subject to a possible deflection in a NPC battle?
Post #: 15
5/6/2012 0:49:24   
Mr. Black OP

^
Normal PVP seems to be ruled by luck. NPCing is a way to get away from that.
My only qualm about this are boss npcs. Admin 11 is incredibly difficult even for 2 full varium level 34s, and now he is even stronger.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 5/6/2012 0:53:06 >
Epic  Post #: 16
5/6/2012 1:03:00   
Algorithm

Well here is how I see it . . . NPC battles should be the same as any other battle except that the server is controlling the NPC. That being said, NPCs should be allowed to wear aux's - which they can ;), allowed to deflect, and do anything else that can be done in a normal battle excluding hacking, cheating, etc.

Edit: I can see how players get frustrated in normal battles and their retreat from that is to NPC, but really? The NPCs are still, in my opinion swift wins.

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 5/6/2012 1:04:59 >
Post #: 17
5/6/2012 1:16:04   
Stabilis

Npc battles limited by number of encounters, hmmm... maybe it is our ballyhoo?
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
5/6/2012 2:03:03   
midnight santa

Dis is force player to buy variam to beat boss npc. Gud move titan.
Epic  Post #: 19
5/6/2012 5:27:20   
Ranloth
Banned

Funny story bro, it's actually a bug that will be looked at tomorrow. Don't spread false information. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
5/6/2012 5:30:52   
drinde

Wait, so are they supposed to Deflect or not?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 21
5/6/2012 5:31:31   
Ranloth
Banned

Nope. It's a bug. ^^
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
5/6/2012 7:39:19   
midnight santa

Blame it to the b-b-b-bug. lol. Poor bug...
Epic  Post #: 23
5/6/2012 10:11:15   
rej

quote:

Normal PVP seems to be ruled by luck. NPCing is a way to get away from that.
My only qualm about this are boss npcs. Admin 11 is incredibly difficult even for 2 full varium level 34s, and now he is even stronger.

My thoughts exactly. Though even with npcs, you cannot entirely escape luck. For example, yesterday while I was fighting Fenris, he critted on every single attack for 6 rounds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/7/2012 0:33:29   
ambien

frost this a game you should not have problem fighting npcs you are a varium player besides it stops farmimg

always the SyFy
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why buff NPC's?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition