Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 9th Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 9th Design Notes
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/10/2012 20:20:13   
Hun Kingq

Since the damage of multis are being reduced then EMP and Atom smasher either needs to be a one use skill or reduced to level 10 only taking 10 points of energy and can't be used on the same player multiple times.
Epic  Post #: 101
5/10/2012 20:27:46   
rayniedays56

@ Hun King.

1: The multi "nerf" is actually a buff IMO. Less energy per use is awesome.
2: It just doesn't affect mages.
3: Atom smasher IS a level 10 skill.
4: Only 10 energy points at max? What? lol Are you just trying to make Mages better than everyone else?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
5/10/2012 20:50:01   
rej

quote:

@ Hun King.

1: The multi "nerf" is actually a buff IMO. Less energy per use is awesome.
2: It just doesn't affect mages.
3: Atom smasher IS a level 10 skill.
4: Only 10 energy points at max? What? lol Are you just trying to make Mages better than everyone else?

Its not mages as a hole. Its just him. He rarely posts anything that does not directly support something that would benefit him. You should see this hilarious rant he wrote against the Beta set. He concluded the rant by demanding that certain items (only ones that he possesses) should be buffed to "make everything fair." I nearly died laughing when I read it.

On topic: I hope that there will be no delays in this update.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
5/10/2012 21:37:33   
Hun Kingq

rayniedays56, does not matter how much they reduce energy consumption on the multis if you get hit with 2 emps or 2 atom smashers as they are a tech mage will not be able to gain enough energy with even max reroute to use at least one multi. Think bout the three classes that has no energy regain. The merc, Bounty Hunter, Blood mage has no energy regain, and if two emps or two atom smashers takes away all their energy will and energy boost will be enough to use the multi. You say it is a buff, how is reducing the damage a buff when about every player has high resistance now? With the Delta Armors the Cyber hunters have +17 resistance and the regular mercs have +12 resistance. The reduction in energy cost is great but to trade for reduction in damage as well does not constitute a buff.

If it gets less than 20 damage especially less than 10 damage at max with high dex due to players high resistance or all energy is taken away for those reasons it will be a failure, and if the skill is a failure players will not even waste points in it turning 2vs2 into 2vs1 or four 1vs1 which they basically are now but will get worse.

The 1vs1 tank builds have ruined what 2vs2 is about and due to the tank builds you don't see a level 34 at the top of the leader boards anymore.

The first couple of days will determine if it is a success or a failure and if it is a failure then what will they do?

rej, you are 100% completely wrong many players own the stun set. Beta weapons got 10 enhancements with no requirements then got a buff. Staff clearly stated that no older weapons will receive a buff, but here they went back on their word and buffed old weapons. They did not have a standard 10 enhancement slot for promotional weapons until a year after the stun sets came out and they wanted to bring the Alpha and Beta weapons up to the standard which last time I checked they came before the stun gun sets but the stun gun sets do not rate to be brought up to the promotional Ultra Rare 10 enhancement slot standards. So they can't just bring one up to standards but ignore the other. Other players that got the stun gun sets, ask many other players of this forum how many have those weapons, would be very grateful for the extra two slots due to the high requirements we have on those guns.

So my posts about the Delta Armor, EMP, Atom Smasher, Stun Guns, alpha/beta weapons, and multis benefits multiple players not just me.
Am I the only one with a multi?
Am I the only one with Delta Armor?
Am I the only one with the Stun Gun Sets?
Am I the only one getting affected by huge energy drain of Emp/Atom smasher multiple times?
The answer to all these questions is no I am not the only one, when will you and other will see that.
Just because something is categorized as a "legacy item" is not a good enough reason for them not to get requirements put on them especially when they are trying to stop or slow down stat abuse.
Epic  Post #: 104
5/10/2012 23:00:34   
rayniedays56

quote:

With the Delta Armors the Cyber hunters have +17 resistance and the regular mercs have +12 resistance. The reduction in energy cost is great but to trade for reduction in damage as well does not constitute a buff. [/quote

Well, for one, it can only get up to +16 on their resistsance...so....

Secondly, only the build copiers put their PA to MAX. I am personally using a level 7 PA, which gives +8 to my resistance. So, my resistance is now 30-36+5+8=43-49 resistance.

quote:

The 1vs1 tank builds have ruined what 2vs2 is about and due to the tank builds you don't see a level 34 at the top of the leader boards anymore.

What?! You must be JOKING! I'm just gonna let that one hang in the air lol

quote:

The merc, Bounty Hunter, Blood mage has no energy regain, and if two emps or two atom smashers takes away all their energy will and energy boost will be enough to use the multi.

Reasons why? Well, BH and BM have bloodlust, which is a very powerful passive, so that already killed your argument. Mercs were owning before the introduction to the new classes, so I will say they need a buff.

Just hush, doll.

On Topic

I hope the update is soon :) I really want the new bot :) (although, gonna have to do AExtras for a week straight LOL)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
5/11/2012 0:42:57   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

i personally don't like the idea of nerfing multi's in 2v2....but we'll see how it goes....i don't understand why the nerf is a good thing?....of course a muti is a good thing in 2v2 ???....why would anyone discourage it in 2v2 mode???.....maybe i just don't understand the logic (or lack there of) in this decision?....hopefully someone that plays 2v2 is testing this hard....are we trying to make 2v2 into another 1v1 mode??

@ MirageD, There are a couple of reasons, the multi in 2v2 and jugger currently gives 100% of damage to 2 opponenents for around 50% more energy cost meaning that it is very cost effective to use. It is really noticable that a lot of games would be over by the second round due to the salvo of multis and now, hopefully, it will change the strategy in 2v2 a bit and we'll see maybe the multi used with rage instead of all players just letting loose on the 2nd turn regardless... Rabble spent hours with a few players testing and it looks like the damage will be reduced to around 75% (that figure may change) for a slightly decreased cost in energy and the difference is hard to notice with some of the builds we used.

But, one of the major reasons for the change is the increase in range for the juggernaut mode, the reduced multi damage will lessen the advantage the jugger will have over 2 lower level opponents.

The game modes are tied together, it's part of the dynamics... There have been a lot of requests to fix 2v2 and juggernaut, Rabblefroth has made significant changes to the way the battle matching works and I have seen that improve... That is still the luck of the draw thou, but they are looking to improve the gameplay!
Epic  Post #: 106
5/11/2012 0:53:14   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Plus to add on to Goony, no skills should be better than any other assuming you have equal stats and levels for them all. Multi skills are usually a must for any good 2vs2 build(there are exceptions but it's generally str spam) and since balance also considers diversity among builds required to do good, Multis needed nerfed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
5/11/2012 7:15:14   
MirageD

ty for the response goony it now makes sense in regards to jugg mode and i realize 2v2 and jugg are somewhat linked.....hopefully you all have tested this thoroughly as far as the effects of the nerf on 2v2
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
5/11/2012 10:23:59   
midnight santa

It is may 12 now
Wer is the update wow
my blood is boiling
my patients is lessing
my brain is raging
Epic  Post #: 109
5/11/2012 10:27:41   
SouL Prisoner

@santa

LOL, there's still lot of time for the update.... its still not delayed, i mean its still on track... so, no worries yet
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
5/11/2012 11:47:57   
Basicball

let's just call it a 'change' to how multies work. not a nerf or a buff.

The main goal was to stop multies from being a must have and must use move in 2V2 by decreasing the damage a bit.
However, to keep it somewhat balanced, the energy was decreased as well.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
5/11/2012 11:50:33   
Ranloth
Banned

Basicball, can you confirm that this will be included in today's release?:
- War
- Juggernaut Change
- Multies change
- New Bot
- New items (one Disturbed's made, just curious if we can see one of her weapons in-game already :P)
AQ Epic  Post #: 112
5/11/2012 11:51:19   
Rarest

So, this update has no added items?

Nerf jugger levels.
Nerfing multis?

That right?
AQW  Post #: 113
5/11/2012 11:53:41   
Ranloth
Banned

Decreasing Multies damage + lowering EP cost =/= nerf. Damage = Energy. Efficiency will stay the same of the skill so nothing is changing, this isn't a nerf as you deal less damage but also less EP spent on it, it gives most likely same EP efficiency/damage as it does now.
Also nerfing Jugg levels is wrong word to use, I'd say re-balancing as it was completly out of hand at Lvl 33-34.

@below
No problem. ^^

< Message edited by Trans -- 5/11/2012 11:57:01 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 114
5/11/2012 11:55:50   
Rarest

Ah, cheers Trans.

Mhmm. I got two 30 Variumites three times in a row. Sucked bad.
AQW  Post #: 115
5/11/2012 11:59:27   
SouL Prisoner

^ that's nthing, i face 2 level 31's "Varium", that too really often :/

now hopefully i can "jugg in peace"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
5/11/2012 12:00:52   
Basicball

I'm not allowed to say things that havn't been said yet, so no, i can't confirm.

Things i think that got mentioned before:

° Change to Multies
° Change to juggernaut battlemode levelranges
° Class specific mission chains (note: not sure it's for this week)
° Bugfixes (a constant)

< Message edited by Basicball -- 5/11/2012 12:28:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
5/11/2012 12:01:19   
skeletondude

Some more great artwork By disturbed http://t.co/ioDltJzQ
Who know's maybe they will be in-game too.

< Message edited by skeletondude -- 5/11/2012 12:06:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
5/11/2012 12:02:32   
Ranloth
Banned

Well, you technically did confirm. xD What is behind the scenes and may make players happy is always good. ;)
And any idea as of why Rabble and Titan haven't posted these bug fixes last week? Apparently it was a lot of them, we had 3 restarts, and no list after a week.. Basically release that took away the Bunny items and fixes which we have no idea about. :s
AQ Epic  Post #: 119
5/11/2012 12:03:04   
Rarest

The gun is hawt.
AQW  Post #: 120
5/11/2012 12:32:24   
Rayman
Banned

Makes me remenber a bit of super grim magnum lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
5/11/2012 12:51:14   
PivotalDisorder

Question about the new robot...will it's attack be physical?

I think a new energy robot is long overdue.

Physical Bots
Azrael's Borg
Baby Yeti
Bio Borg
Rusty Assault bot

Energy Bots
Assault Bot

Energy/Physical Bots
Gamma bot
Post #: 122
5/11/2012 13:01:54   
Luna_moonraider

gr8 looks like i m gonna be forced to use a 5 focus/tank builds for 2v2 from now onward. nerfing multi is not what i look forward too but oh wells 5 focus/tank build will now be a must have in 2v2 instead of multi builds. yup epic duel is turning into epic 5 focus duel. oh good bye my support build i will miss ya. the nerf is gr8 way to make support even useless for merc/tlm. so support is now the most uped and usless stat. so yup we can go ahead and ignore support now. nothing to look forward this week disappointing very disappointing indeed. oh wells best enjoy my support build while i can.

AQW Epic  Post #: 123
5/11/2012 13:13:26   
Ranloth
Banned

As long as efficiency of Multi is the same or very small difference (decimals), then it's neither a nerf or buff. You deal less damage at cost of less Energy, simple as. It's not even out yet, we don't have exact figures for EP cost nor damage decrease (75% was mentioned but wasn't 100% sure) so technically, we may be looking at about 10ish damage less than now with a decrease in EP cost, which may be a bit but it averages out when it comes to Damage per Energy. Now it allows you to have 1v1 build AND 2v2 build that works in 2v2 mode, I don't see how that's worse if efficiency is the same - saves Energy for some; non-EP regen classes? Sure it's bad for those who have Reroute/SC, but this change also affects Dex CHs so we can see that as a small nerf to them. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 124
5/11/2012 13:18:14   
Fay Beeee

Tweeted by Nightwraith
Done by Disturbed

http://twitpic.com/9jtw4o

Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 9th Design Notes
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition