Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 9th Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 9th Design Notes
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/12/2012 2:21:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Multi change didn't make it in this time? Pity. :P
But I'm loving Juggernaut change. Got Lvl 29 and 28 Mercs, of course Bunker + Multi/Zerker but won as Dex TM without abusing Beta Weapons so I can stand a chance there now as TM and might play the mode more. :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 201
5/12/2012 2:26:45   
drinde

Eh, Transy?

Multi now costs 4 less EP but only does 75% DMG against two opponents.

DF MQ Epic  Post #: 202
5/12/2012 2:29:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Oh it does? I just done Juggernaut, two battles as I'm in hurry whole day today, and damage actually seemed fine when looking at resistances. xD
So in 1v1, it's full damage and 2v2 it does 75% damage and 4 less EP or 4 less EP overall?

And I love new match-ups, can be strong if Lvl 29 chars (especially Mercs.. xD) but gives me chance to win. One of the best changes so far, I must play missions too but time doesn't allow me until late night. xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 203
5/12/2012 2:32:15   
drinde

4 less EP ONLY when you hit 2 opponents.

And you hasn't fought them evil BMs yet... Plasma Boom x2 HURTS.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 204
5/12/2012 2:36:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Ah, thanks for info drinde. ^_^

Either way, match ups are great, Multi change ain't that bad if I've seen what I've seen in Juggernaut against 2 players, missions are probably awesome, so good release. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 205
5/12/2012 3:27:15   
ansh0

My internet down so I can't play >.<

From what I've heard, +1 for the devs for the release.

P.S-Posting this from phone
Epic  Post #: 206
5/12/2012 5:44:23   
Calogero

I"m actualy dissapointed in the Juggernaut battles now.

It used to be a challenge mode, sure it was hard as hell but in the end, isn't that the point of a challenge mode?
Today, after looking at the daily board I see 9 from the 15 people having a winrange between 90 and 100%

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 207
5/12/2012 8:58:46   
midnight santa

^ya all jugs is 100%. Gud job basicball. Jugernut is now balanced LOL. because u now win all battles.
at least 34s will be happy and low levels will quit.
Epic  Post #: 208
5/12/2012 9:44:58   
Hun Kingq

The Plasma Rain on two targets without boosts does mid 30s damage with boost or malfunction I have seen more 50+ damage but the average is still mid 30s to low 40s damage even with players having lo 20 resistance and emp overuse destroys it so with the reduced energy costs does not mean flip if you get emp once after reflex boosting especially twice after reflex boosting. By the same player in a recent 2vs2 match I got Emp 3 times by the same player and it seems like it was back to back 32 points of energy each time. While this Cyber hunter was able to get energy back over and over again from static charge I was not because I am a Blood mage and only source of energy regain was Energy boosters but with three emps those boosters was just a wasted turn. In 2vs2 or 2vs1 all classes need some sort of energy regain especially if the don't do nothing about multiple Atom smasher and multiple EMP with their 20 plus energy drain their will be a higher percentage of overuse making it the only way those players know how to win the battle.

The new bot confuses players only skill it has not affected yet is Massacre.

Epic  Post #: 209
5/12/2012 9:45:47   
drinde

It took away my Massacre in a battle once. So it does affect Massacre.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 210
5/12/2012 9:55:47   
SouL Prisoner

@andy123

You hardly play jugg, y do u wanna screw up for others?? who says its no more challenging any more?? phasing 2 lvl 29 are still pretty hard...i mean, if they both rage one after other, your 99.9% sure to lose... phasing lvl 28 and 29 , and if 29 is a varium player, then ...here you go, good enough challenge .....but phasing 2 lvl 31 is madness .. you winning chances are 0.001 (only if both are non varium) and 0% chances of winning if even 1 of them is a varium player....

its just you guys are used to complaining , you did b4 ,and you do now... dont make Dev's go crazy, or else ,they gonna stop listing to US...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
5/12/2012 10:03:41   
Calogero

Offcourse I play Jugg, not every day but I do play it...

ALso I do not need to play it when I can just watch the Leaderboard ;)
Also what part of ' Challenge ' do you not get... The mode now is easier than 1v1 now.
I tested it yesterday when the release got out, against most opponents a heal wasn't even needed...
hell I didn't use any skills

also my complaints before were about encumberance, not about Juggernaut...
Please if you are throwing accusations, do make sure they are correct
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
5/12/2012 10:05:47   
drinde

Um, Andy, while it might be easy for fully enhanced people, Non-Variums still find this quite challenging...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 213
5/12/2012 10:24:15   
SouL Prisoner

Playing few matches, doesn't really prove anything... you just got lucky...get happy you did not lose

and taking drinde's point in consideration, its always fair to think about both varium and non-varium... and for both its pretty much balanced now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 214
5/12/2012 10:45:25   
PivotalDisorder

My TLM's offensive support build doing a lot better in Juggernaut than my tank build, and way way faster :) think im 16-3 so not too bad.
some fights are hard, some way too easy. It's varium and/or power builds that give me a problem. 2-3 Bunker Busters, Plasma Bolts
or Plasma Cannons wreak havoc on me, even with 139 health. only problem I see is everyone hates Juggernauts lol.
Post #: 215
5/12/2012 10:46:52   
drinde

They COULD make it so Jugg loss doesn't count as 2v2 Loss. That doesn't even make sense.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 216
5/12/2012 10:49:17   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@drinde Would you rather have it count as a Jugg loss even though you don't have the card to even battle in Juggernaut? It counts as 2vs2 loss because it's a TEAM battle against one character. It's either that you take losses on a mode you can't even use yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 217
5/12/2012 10:50:28   
drinde

Hmmm. Good point...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 218
5/12/2012 10:56:02   
Basicball

Midnight Santa: I am not on the balance team.

However, keep in mind that the higher percentages could be explained like this:

Most juggernauts are full varium players. They fight against lower levels, with a maximum level of 29. People usually don't buy varium untill they are level 30+. This is why the win % are higher.

For it to be balanced, double level 29 varium opponents vs a lvl 33/34 full varium juggernaut or double level 29 F2P opponents vs a lvl 33/34 F2P juggernaut should result in about 50% wins, 50% losses, and I personally think that with this adjusted level range, we come pretty close to that 50/50

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
5/12/2012 11:11:36   
gangster a

i love the bot but i have yet to find a use for it since im a tech mage does any other tech mages agree?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
5/12/2012 11:20:12   
Ez_Ease

I love the new bot, in a couple of battles today I took away the CH move SC made a difference.
That leaves me vulnerable to smoke or malfunction, but that is life trade defense for offense.

< Message edited by Ez_Ease -- 5/12/2012 11:31:32 >
Epic  Post #: 221
5/12/2012 11:21:49   
PivotalDisorder

@gangster a: very useful for npc battles, like Slayer, George Lowe etc but I still prefer Bio Borg for that purpose [I bought it on my mage, as he has all bots]
also it is energy damage, so if you use a focus build you got another option to the original Assault bot if you want an alternate energy attack.

not a great bot, but good and definitely useful in some battles. In PVP I've had my bludgeon and Field Medic removed, losing FM almost cost me the fight.
Post #: 222
5/12/2012 23:30:09   
Vypie

I see new interesting stuff in the design notes!

....But what is this? Little robotic Bugs? Now that was a surprise!
I wasn't expecting my Catterpillar Bugzooka design to used in more content :)

I'm glad those little guys made a reappearance. Also, nice choice of colors! They look really good now... Loving the new insect theme!
Now i want the bot even more haha :D

Now we know where all the missed bugs shot from the Bugzooka went. :P
Epic  Post #: 223
5/12/2012 23:58:42   
Stabilis

The robot is valued so high...

I'm definitely getting it through keys tomorrow. Its a slight shame that it has very low Technology improving damage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 224
5/13/2012 1:43:04   
RageSoul

The missions are...having more variety now , but that's only one step closer to even more fun variety . Good job to the Devs ! I wish there are more missions that are like this but have even more variety on objectives .
AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 9th Design Notes
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition