Clairvoyant! DF Pedia/Guides & MechQuest
The Rules of the AQWorlds General Discussion Forum
All Universal Forum Rules relating to posting behavior apply!
These should be the first thing you read when you join the forums. They apply everywhere; this means that any behavior prohibited by the Universal Rules is prohibited in this forum. This means no flaming, no trolling, no spamming your signature or emoticons, and no mentioning hacking. Period. The Universal Rules is the document by which the forum is governed; anything found there but not specifically listed in the rules set out below still applies. As always, the AE moderating team and the ArchKnights have the final say in all matters of forum policy.
Use your Resources
The AE forums are designed to have a place for everything. This is a discussion forum, which means that any questions or suggestions, whether they are about the game or the forums, do not belong in this board. Please refer to Forum-Specific Rules & Complete Forum Index for further information. Threads that do not belong to this particular forum will be removed. Here are some useful and handy AQW links for references:
It is important that everyone be allowed to enjoy the games and the thrill of discovery. In recognition of this fact, please make considerable and appropriate use of spoiler tags.
[spoiler]Text to hide[/spoiler]Please use spoiler tags for any content that may spoil the game for other people, and recognize that the use of such is absolutely mandatory for recent game content.
Spam is anything that is not directly related to the topic at hand, as well as any additions to a post that are deemed superfluous and unnecessary. This includes (but is not limited to):
For more information on what is considered to be flaming and trolling, see Key Definitions and Other Forum Notes.
- Comments on the thread which add nothing to the discussion.
- Off-topic replies which do not contribute to the discussion.
- Petitions, polls, ratings threads or surveys which are not valid for discussion.
- Bumping of older topics (or otherwise known as necro-bumping) which have not been posted for more than 14 days.
- Use of image tags in your post (instead, use links for your screenshots).
- Video links that are not PG (like offensive/profane material).
- Oversized fonts, unnecessary/blinding color, or posting in all caps and/or varying font sizes.
- Versus/comparison topics, such as "Legend vs. Free Player" and "in-game currency vs. gold", as these are primary targets for flaming and trolling. If you have a topic that involves two different elements, contact a moderator to see if it can be discussed.
- Listing threads - this is a discussion forum, and all threads made must consist of discussion. Listing threads will be deleted or locked.
Read other users' posts before replying
Please read the entire post. If you do not, you may miss something important which may affect your reply.
No Duplicate Topics
If you have a topic in mind, please search the forum to see if someone had it first. If there is already a thread about your topic, please read it first to see if it covers your discussion. Posting a new thread about a topic already being discussed creates spam and only decreases the quality of discussion in each thread.
Any AQW-based guilds should be created in the AQWorlds Guilds forum.
In general, you will receive a PM about any post that you make which is deleted. However, posts in Design Notes threads and Release threads (such as a War thread) may be deleted without notification. Posts solely there for whining will also be deleted without notice.
Tagging Threads / Clarification
Please do not use tags (like =AQW=, =AE= and =AK=) in the title of your thread, as this is only used by ArchKnights or Moderators to show that a thread is official. If you use these tags, it may lead to a warning. Certain official (=AQW=) threads - such as the (Dis)Accomplishments thread, Let's Party, and War threads are designed to collect one type of post. These posts ONLY belong in this thread. Posts which belong in one of these threads may be treated as spam if they appear in another thread.
Posting Design Notes
If you would like to post a Design Note thread on the forums, you are required to have the thread fully formatted BEFORE you post the thread. There is a "preview" button right next to "ok" to submit the thread. If you need to check to see that everything is in order, use that. It is not a race to see who can post the Design Notes first, or see how quickly after the Design Notes are made that you can post them on the forums. Quality is highly valued above speed in this case. If you are unfamiliar in formatting Design Notes, please see A Guide to Posting Design Notes or PM an AQW GD ArchKnight. If you are unsure if they are right or not, do NOT post them and assume one of the forum staff will "fix" your problem. Your thread will be deleted and made room for one that is properly formatted.
No Cheating/Hacking Discussions
Any reports for people phishing passwords, or trying to trick people out of their account information must be done via the in-game report system.
- Posting Screenshots of Content Not Officially Released - This breaks the above stated rule, as well. Sometimes it can be from a bug exploit or coding error. Whatever the case, it is not allowed. If you do find a problem (or what you think could be a problem), PM a someone on the Forum Staff (administrator or moderator).
- Found a character you suspect is a cheater, or found websites with information about hacking? Gather the information (for a character: character ID, why you think it is a cheater and screenshot proof), and PM the details to a Moderator. Do NOT post it in the forums. If you do not include a character ID, we cannot take any action. Please note that the character name is the character ID for AQWorlds.
- If you think your account has been scammed/hacked, please use the AQWorlds Help Pages. Posting about it in the forums will not help you, and will therefore get deleted and treated as spam.
Staff have final say
Membership of this forum is a privilege, not a right, and guarantees only the ability to access it. Trolling, harassment, or any other rule-breaking post will result in varying degrees of punishment (though some violations result in automatic bans). The staff have the final say on a given matter, and any disagreements not conducted in a private and respectful manner through the appropriate channels will be considered both harassment and trolling. If you have issues with moderator actions, follow these instructions:
On Basic Courtesy:
- For an ArchKnight: Private message them first, attempt to resolve the issue, if you cannot resolve the issue contact the head moderator of the forum. For AQW GD this is Zyrain. If your issue still cannot be resolved, you can take it to the co-head forum administrators Scakk and/or Zyrain.
- For a Moderator: Private message them first. If they cannot resolve your issue, you can take it to the co-head forum administrators Scakk and/or Zyrain.
Always assume good faith. Differences of opinion and misunderstandings can and will happen. Accusing people of dishonesty or hostility creates an environment of negativity, which can only serve to disrupt the community.
The forums are made up of a very diverse cross-section of the global community. Accordingly, we ask you to remember that not everyone speaks English as a primary language. Not everyone has the same education. Not everyone is of the same race, ethnicity or religion. Not everyone has the same ideas and opinions as you do. Treat each other with kindness, respect and tolerance. This is not a request.
It is a very bad idea to make demands (including that they read the rules), issue orders, warn them, or otherwise engage in mini-moderating. If you have any doubts about whether you can make such a post without mini-moderating, it is best to not make the post at all.
Please refrain from posting in very problematic threads. (those who by nature violate the rules of this forums) and instead alert a moderator or AK to their presence.
What is it?
Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.
Does it help? How?
Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.
Example of Constructive Criticism:
"I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars AQW have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, AQW staff!"
Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
"I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I don't think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"
< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 10/17/2018 15:48:10 >