Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/31/2012 20:41:23   
Mr. Black OP

Now that I look at it more carefully it will just be this:
The faction that wins WD will also win daily 1v1.
Is it really necessary to change it? The only thing in my opinion that needs immediate fixing is the flag system.
quote:

In addition to the 'artillery shell donation', a token donation would be nice, where the founder could use the tokens to donate in the correct flag.
Buy more slots, the total faction places should go up to 25, the max officers to 8.
Officer permissions, lets you set permissions for every officer seperatly, things you could allow/deny them:
° Change their own title
° Delete messages from the bot
° Donate the tokens (see above)
° Fire artillery shells
° Recruit members
° Kick Members
° Promote members
° Demote other officers

I agree with your opinion on everything except with what I bolded. The main reason for it is that all the top players will go to 1 faction instead of being spread out so faction competition will be even lower than it is now.
Epic  Post #: 26
5/31/2012 21:23:03   
Goony
Constructive!

Would using the current enhancement system to upgrade the artillary shells work?

That would mean that players would still have to battle to get the initial artillary shells and would allow both free to play and varium players to enhance them to use the respective faction weapons/war bombs etc...!
Epic  Post #: 27
5/31/2012 22:06:41   
The Joker X

Good ideas, but I think warlord achievement should stay and be given out for the most influence. It wouldn't be fair to those who hadn't had a chance to get it yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/31/2012 22:52:24   
goldslayer1

quote:

I suggest a higher amount of hourly tax, as donated tokens have easely gotten past 100K in some flags now, leaving newer factions without a real chance.

i find that a bit unfair. my faction worked hard to reach over that amount (well, to double it)

the issue here isn't factions spending too many tokens.
its too many factions going for same flag.

u have 3 factions with 121k tokens in the same flag.

that means if none of them donate, they all only get taxed 8 hours.
making it MUCH easier to make a flag rise to that amount. (nothing impressive given the circumstances)

aside from that, those (who are recent)and Control Alt Death, no other faction passed 100k tokens.
its a milestone thats hard to reach, takes alot of dedication. and is even harder to maintain.
its easy to say "tax more tokens to those with 100k+" when ur not the one in the grind putting hard work and dedication for those tokens.

quote:

What in the world happened? I stop playing this game for like two months and now every flag has over 100k tokens contributed by the top three factions? What am I missing?

Everyone just decided to save up their tokens with token boosts during their 1v1 dueling and then all of a sudden every faction dumped them all at the same time? Makes sense....

I can haz tokenz? Apparently I missed out on that cheat/hack/developer oversight.

now that, i dont know. if cheats were used. im sure the staff will give punishments to the cheaters.
however, i do find it VERY odd how some factions have like 5k flag caps and a flag with like 80k tokens. but when u count the tokens donated from the members of that faction, they dont add up. so theres either cheats going on, or some serious power lvling (which is still a form of cheat)

one thing is obvious tho. if ur faction is a couple of weeks old and its taking like 3-4 different flags with a token total of around 400k... then something is definitely up.

however, faction stacking which is what going on with that flag where 3 facs have 121k tokens,

the issue is, second place and third aren't getting taxxed.
while first place is. meaning that one thats screwed is first place. because they have to keep donating to stay up while second place can sit back and relax and save a bunch of tokens.

so i think the tax for first place right now is fine.

so my suggestion is
1st: 50 tokens taxed per hour
2nd: 40 tokens taxed per hour
3rd: 30 tokens taxed per hour

OR
2nd: 35 tokens taxed per hour
3rd: 20 tokens taxed per hour

making second place and third loose some as well.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/31/2012 23:11:59   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

now that, i dont know. if cheats were used. im sure the staff will give punishments to the cheaters.
however, i do find it VERY odd how some factions have like 5k flag caps and a flag with like 80k tokens. but when u count the tokens donated from the members of that faction, they dont add up. so theres either cheats going on, or some serious power lvling (which is still a form of cheat)

Members have probably left the faction after donating some tokens.
quote:

i find that a bit unfair. my faction worked hard to reach over that amount (well, to double it)

Actually there are not enough factions going after flags because of how seemingly unobtainable the flags are. Three factions going after 1 flag isn't a lot, with real competition there should be 6 or 7+ and with the higher taxes it would allow new factions to go in while not letting those competing factions completely dominate the flags like we have now. If your starting a faction and you see that the lowest one is 80k tokens, would you go for it?
So by increasing the taxes you are giving new factions a fighting chance thus increasing faction competition. Also because of how many tokens you have in the flag you will have a massive advantage when/if the tax ever does get increased.
Besides it's easy to be at the top when there is no one rising up. So wouldn't you like to see how well your faction does with some real competition?

Also I've really on seen faction stacking on flags with around 80k or less. Occasionally the leaders of the flag pretty much agree to share it because they know they have no chance going after another flag.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 5/31/2012 23:13:03 >
Epic  Post #: 30
5/31/2012 23:28:15   
goldslayer1

quote:

Members have probably left the faction after donating some tokens.

i saw this faction, that was 2-3 weeks old.

took about 4 flags. u added all the tokens from those flags and it was like 300k-400k

yet if u counted the tokens donated by the members, it didn't even come close to 50k tokens. and remember the faction was about 2-3 weeks old.

quote:

Actually there are not enough factions going after flags because of how seemingly unobtainable the flags are. Three factions going after 1 flag isn't a lot, with real competition there should be 6 or 7+ and with the higher taxes it would allow new factions to go in while not letting those competing factions from completely dominating them like we have now. If your starting a faction and you see that the lowest one is 80k tokens, would you go for it?

go for it? no. any person with logic wouldn't go for it. thats why alot of factions fail. they dont think.

quote:

So by increasing the taxes you are giving new factions a fighting chance thus increasing faction competition. Also because of how many tokens you have in the flag you will have a massive advantage when/if the tax ever does get increased.
Besides it's easy to be at the top when there is no one rising up. So wouldn't you like to see how well your faction does with some real competition?

increasing taxes doesn't increase faction competition.

in fact, in beta, the taxes were 25 tokens per hour. and were increased later.
in beta however there was MUCH more competition compared to now. only a select few factions have the drive to go the extra miles.

adding extra taxes isn't making more competition. its only taxing those, the select few, that are competitive. and making it even harder for those who aren't competitive.

personally tho, i dont see an issue with flags. if a faction wants to spend 4 months saving and donate 200k tokens in a flag, why should they be punished even more for the hard work? did u forget that they were without a flag for those 4 months? 4 months where some one else had that flag.

quote:

Also I've really on seen faction stacking on flags with around 80k or less. Occasionally the leaders of the flag pretty much agree to share it because they know they have no chance going after another flag.

like i said, it all comes down to the brains, the thinking. if u go in and rush a flag without even thinking. then its obvious ur going to fail.
now if u think what ur actually doing and set up strategies. then u can thrive getting flags.

but of course, strategy is only half the battle.
and changes IMO aren't really needed.

just because some factions (who probably been around for over a year now) have a flag with 100K tokens, doesn't mean they should be punished even more by tax. it just means that faction stepped up their play. now if u wanna take that flag back, work hard like they did, and take it back. thats competition.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/31/2012 23:32:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/1/2012 2:02:31   
SouL Prisoner

@Froth

I made some war kills, and now when the new feature comes up, does my war kills get converted to my personal influence or will it be a new start??

and ya, hope the battle lagg bugs gets fixed , this friday

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/1/2012 2:16:49   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@gold If it's to the point where a faction has to invest well over 200k tokens into a flag in order to take it from someone else then that would be overkill, not competition. I personally can't see anyone bothering trying to take that from anyone because it would be a big waste of time and resources when they could just go for an easier flag. Having that much tokens invested doesn't encourage competition at all. If I see a 200k flag and an 80k flag then I promise you I'll be trying for that 80k flag any day of the week. There is no competition there anymore. It's just a group holding on to a flag and having no one lacking the common sense to even attempt to take it away.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/1/2012 2:22:15   
comicalbike

all very good ideas game is getting better, and basicball i agree the flags are unfair to new factions as the level is to high now, so how about hourly tax of 100 tokens and you get 2 flag wins from it that would make it fairer all round any one else agree or is it a bad idea
well nd mallet anything is better than what we got now
if i remember we only used to pay 15 tokens an hour then it went up to 25 now its 50
so thought 100 an hour would be better but i am only a player not an expert, but at least the game is getting sorted and a lot better, i don't mind what they do as long as the war is fair for all players

< Message edited by comicalbike -- 6/1/2012 3:03:27 >

Epic  Post #: 34
6/1/2012 2:27:31   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@comical I would prefer a % based deduction so the higher they get their token amount, they more they get deducted. Eventually it would be impossible for them get past a certain token amount because the deduction would be greater than the amount earned.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/1/2012 5:16:56   
Scyze

I like all the ideas but mostly the limit on the Faction Cannons.

There is one point though, some people can't do or play as long as most of the people. If they want to be in the Leaderboards, they have to play harder and longer. I do think that some weak and unexpirenced people will be a handicap as they can't get on the leaderboards. It is also unfair for them. This was how I felt when I didn't have Varium. Another idea could be to put two seperate Leaderboards, for Varium People and Non-Varium People.

*Varium people. People who have purchased 10k package or more.* * Non-Varium People. People who have purchased less than the 10k package.*

I do feel that there should be another limit; how much Influence you earn every hour. This will make it fair for some people to catch up, and to make the system more difficult. During the last 5 hours, the limit should be destroyed.

One more thing for the Factions, on the Message Board, there is a limit of how much messages can be posted. After the limit is reached, the first message on the list gets deleted. I think that the limit should be doubled and a scroll-bar should be there to view the last few posts.

< Message edited by Malicious Neos -- 6/1/2012 5:17:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/1/2012 5:28:58   
Fay Beeee

Malicious Neos, I have lost loads for hq board messages because of the limit.

How about for the board (if it carries on the way it is) The founders messages can be locked to the board - by choice or not.?
Epic  Post #: 37
6/1/2012 5:42:45   
skeletondude

Looking forward to these changes towards factions
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/1/2012 5:43:22   
Scyze

Fay Bee,

That's what I was thinking. Currently the best way is to repeat it. Maybe add another Message Board somewhere in the HQ.

One more thing came up to my mind. This will make it easier for people to donate Tokens.

Once they click their Faction button. They go to HQ. Next to the Message Board or something, there should be a board. After clicked, it views all the Flags controlled. The area close to it shoulod be viewed to make them remember where it is. They then click it, and the default screen shows up to donate.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/1/2012 6:13:45   
Wootz

I like what I see. :)
Can't wait for it, gonna be some intense crap. :P

I got a question, though.
Will the current War kills and such be added into Influence, because then the Top War kills (Dragonwawa or something and 2046808) will then lead the LB if their War Kills get added onto their Influence.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/1/2012 6:31:52   
VIX

I definitely agree with GoldSlayer1.

quote:

u have 3 factions with 121k tokens in the same flag.

that means if none of them donate, they all only get taxed 8 hours.
making it MUCH easier to make a flag rise to that amount. (nothing impressive given the circumstances)

aside from that, those (who are recent)and Control Alt Death, no other faction passed 100k tokens.
its a milestone thats hard to reach, takes alot of dedication. and is even harder to maintain.
its easy to say "tax more tokens to those with 100k+" when ur not the one in the grind putting hard work and dedication for those tokens.

one thing is obvious tho. if ur faction is a couple of weeks old and its taking like 3-4 different flags with a token total of around 400k... then something is definitely up.

however, faction stacking which is what going on with that flag where 3 facs have 121k tokens,

the issue is, second place and third aren't getting taxxed.
while first place is. meaning that one thats screwed is first place. because they have to keep donating to stay up while second place can sit back and relax and save a bunch of tokens.

so i think the tax for first place right now is fine.

so my suggestion is

OR

making second place and third loose some as well.

-Thanks
-VIX
Epic  Post #: 41
6/1/2012 8:10:14   
Smackie El Frog

@ VIX and GoldSlayer1,

quote:

so my suggestion is

OR

If that were to happen and lets use your oz flag as an example. Everyones tokens on the flag, BUT yours would be left. That is not what the devs want to do for the flag system. That's like the complete opposite...

There is definitely a better way to approach this idea because what you propose doesn't make much sense. The reason they stopped taxing 2nd and 3rd place is because they get nothing out of it till they are 1st.

So with your idea we would be just taking a few steps back and undoing what they devs did...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
6/1/2012 8:48:24   
VIX

@Above,

I would prefere if 1st-2nd-3rd get taxed.

1st cuz it will make the faction more active. why active? cuz the Players have to battle to keep their flag in 1st position. but when 2nd and 3rd aren't getting taxed so it's pretty much bad. cuz it makes the faction also inactive.

and it's pretty much not fair , how 1st are battling to save the amount of tax a day and 2nd and 3rd aren't getting tax . when there is no tax for 2nd and 3rd this thingy make the faction pretty much inactive.cuz they don't have to battle to keep their flag in same position.

so like goldslayer1 said it's really cool and it would make things in-game more organized.

-VIX

< Message edited by V.I.X -- 6/1/2012 8:50:37 >
Epic  Post #: 43
6/1/2012 8:50:45   
Smackie El Frog

It's not whats good for you VIX it's whats good for the community.

EDIT: @VIX Below

quote:

I would prefere if 1st-2nd-3rd get taxed.

You cannot take back those words VIX. If you didn't mean it like that than that's your own fault because that's how everyone is going to interpret it.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 6/1/2012 9:02:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/1/2012 8:53:33   
VIX

@above, I haven't said what's good to me, i said my opinion and i said in generaly not about myself. and ofc they should do what's better for the community..

EDIT : like is said it's my opinion. i think everyone is free to say his opinion or i'm wrong?. this thread is made to share ideas with devs\ask questions about improvements of "New Faction Simplifications and Changes."

Quote from RabbleFroth.

quote:

While these are not coming out this week, we wanted to share our ideas with you to get some early feedback and/or questions.

Thanks for understanding

-VIX

< Message edited by V.I.X -- 6/1/2012 9:39:19 >
Epic  Post #: 45
6/1/2012 9:39:50   
drinde

I agree that instead of a static amount, a % of the total investment in a flag be taxed.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 46
6/1/2012 10:58:26   
Smackie El Frog

I was just talking to Illuminator about my idea.

Example:

Faction A has 100k tokens donated a flag and Faction B has 30k tokens donated.

So the difference between them is 70k and say the tax rate is 5% of the difference between the two factions. That would call for a 3.5k token tax rate for that hour. And it would change the next hour since the 2 factions differences have been made closer together.

With that in place no faction will try to dump truck loads of tokens because their token tax rate will increase that much more with each donation. So it will keep each flag at competition levels!

I understand 5% is a hefty amount when it comes taxing, but I think this could really help even things out when it comes to flags. That way newer factions still have a chance to capture a flag.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/1/2012 11:01:31   
comicalbike

smackie l frog i disagree as in my earlier post it should be 100 an hour
Epic  Post #: 48
6/1/2012 11:04:59   
drinde

100 is way too little IMO...

I believe around a reduction of 0.5% would be good.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 49
6/1/2012 11:05:08   
Lord Nub

Yeah, it shouldn't be a percentage because then those who have put a ton of time grinding as many have already stated here, lose more over time than others. Should be a set rate that everyone pays for the top spot.

#2 and #3 should not have to pay anything either though because they have not received anything. That would make it nearly impossible to catch some of these 1v1 focused factions.

I believe the set rate should follow the weight the flag carries in this new influence thing Rabblefroth is tossing around. Either way, it still needs to be increased and I doubt 100 will be enough also.

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 6/1/2012 11:07:48 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition