Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2012 15:48:18   
Santa ClawZz

Comments, suggestions or feedback FOR THE FACTION changes.

@Xendran

EpicDuel doesn't have any other source of income other than varium. That being said, as a profitable company/game they are, they need to maximize their earnings. Deal with it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
6/4/2012 15:58:47   
Xendran

"Deal with it" is not how things should be handled in a community like this, and i'm not sure that AE would want you speaking on their behalf with such conviction.
Grinding Gear Games seems to be doing perfectly fine with no pay2win option. There are many games that are free to play without being pay to win.
The reason that pay2win actually hurts the income, is because it loses customers at an alarming rate, and ends up discouraging brand loyalty.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 6/4/2012 15:59:48 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 102
6/5/2012 4:56:59   
Wind

So with cannon's going soon and Warkill's being converted into player influence.
Everyone fire your cannon's before they're removed to boost your influence!

Can't wait for the war, this will be a lot more interesting now. I also want to see how much gained influence in total I've obtained over the years, and see which Alignment I'm truly loyal too
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 103
6/5/2012 5:27:35   
rayniedays56

Eternal Paradise FTW! :)

And I may just make my siggy it..

< Message edited by rayniedays56 -- 6/5/2012 7:59:36 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
6/5/2012 7:59:07   
Sageofpeace

I think a good way to make the faction cannon more fair is make accesable only is you have a certain amount of wins

this is an example

if you win 150 battle you can unlock the first cannon(free for the first 10 time after that 10 tokens per use)

if you have 350 wins you can us the first and second cannon(free for the first 10 time after that 15 tokens per use)

if you fave 500 wins you can use the third cannon only(free for the first 5 time after that 20 tokens per use)

if you have 1000 wins you can use the third and four cannon(free for the first 5 after that 35 tokens per use)

finally the last cannon is also unlock with 1000 wins but you can only use it 5 times free after that it will ask for 50 tokens every time you use.

George low they could do the same for him

this will help non varuim player and put a big effect on how is tokens use so lower level faction can make to the top

of course for 2vs1 and Juggernaut is different

< Message edited by Sageofpeace -- 6/5/2012 8:19:10 >
Post #: 105
6/5/2012 8:29:27   
PivotalDisorder

sounds like their will be more choices for what faction you pick during the next war.
was sad that so many of us would of switched to Legion cause they like buying victory
Post #: 106
6/5/2012 11:20:39   
  RabbleFroth

We want to encourage people to choose a side and stick with it, but there will always be people who switch for various reasons. We want to provide the option of switching, as long as there are no benefits for doing so.

We don't want to penalize players either if we can help it, since ultimately your alignment choice lies with your faction's founder. Say you join a friend's Legion faction, but you like the Exiles a bit better. During the war you decide to switch to help the Exiles out, then switch back afterwards. This is perfectly okay, but we don't want to punish or benefit you for doing this.
Post #: 107
6/5/2012 15:38:24   
Xx. Christian .xX

Well, 1 question, when will this changes be in-game
Post #: 108
6/6/2012 8:20:37   
Smackie El Frog

With the cannons, could using varium and credits together for the larger cannon be a temporary solution rather than just taking them out of the game a year and a half!

Example:

To Fire a George Lowe you will need 1,000 varium and 2,000 credits.

That would definitely limit the pay to win. Since you only get about 15,000 credits per 10,000 Varium and I am not counting the credit options with these new keys.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
6/6/2012 11:28:20   
Mr. Black OP

^
For 900 Varium you can change classes, but it costs 50k with credits. They would have to lower all varium prices (which I support) to make it fair.
Epic  Post #: 110
6/6/2012 12:09:15   
Smackie El Frog

Why should those 2 things be considered equal?

They are 2 different aspects of the game. One allows you to get on an all time leader board and has a daily board that earns you reward for being the highest. While the other lets you change your class?

They shouldn't have the same value since they don't really have similarities except using in game currency. And if that's what you are basing it off, probably not the best way to go with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
6/6/2012 12:15:17   
Sageofpeace

thank god that they remove the cannon from the game for the time being we need faction feature to work in a way that everybody could participated
Post #: 112
6/6/2012 21:10:15   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Why should those 2 things be considered equal?

They are 2 different aspects of the game. One allows you to get on an all time leader board and has a daily board that earns you reward for being the highest. While the other lets you change your class?

They shouldn't have the same value since they don't really have similarities except using in game currency. And if that's what you are basing it off, probably not the best way to go with it.

How about this then. A mortar costs 10000 credits and could give 1/15 or 1/16 the amount of war kills GL gives. So using this GL would cost 150,000-160,000 credits to fire.
Epic  Post #: 113
6/6/2012 21:43:27   
Smackie El Frog

That still doesn't solve the pay to win they are trying to eradicate, but neither does mine. But mine at least slows down the person using the varium to win since you need to pony up some credits also.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
6/6/2012 21:48:53   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@smackie You can use the keys from the 10k package to get an extra 15k credits you know? So really 2k credit cost won't stop it from being abused by varium buyers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
6/6/2012 21:59:20   
PivotalDisorder

their shouldn't be a "purchase only" way to win anything in this game, we got varium gear AND enhancements.
Post #: 116
6/6/2012 22:10:38   
Smackie El Frog

@ND actually I didn't know! Haven't bought Varium in quite awhile now. Hmm well then if that's the case I'm fresh out of ideas...for now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
6/6/2012 22:12:17   
drinde

Require Battle Tokens to fire, maybe?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 118
6/6/2012 23:45:25   
InceptionAE

Can't wait for that to release!

And I support this idea that Vix posted a link to

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20109979

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
6/6/2012 23:46:39   
PivotalDisorder

what about if War Cannons never return, and players/factions have to actually take part in fights to get any influence?

is that too radical?
Post #: 120
6/7/2012 1:49:25   
Renegade Reaper

Ok, how about this, in order to fire a cannon you have to win 100 random fights to unlock the ability to fire the Mortar, and it gets the same war kills as normal.
300 random fight wins unlocks the Heavy Turret.
700 random fight wins unlocks the Artillery Barrage.
1,000 random fight wins unlocks the Goliath Cannon.
1,600 random fight wins unlocks the use of the Satellite Destroyer.

NPC wins will not count towards unlocking the faction weapons.

after you achieve 1,600 random fight wins and unlock them all, you can fire each one once. after that,
10 wins to use the Mortar once more.
30 wins to use the Heavy Turret once more.
70 wins to use the Artillery Barrage once more.
100 wins to use the Goliath Cannon once more.
160 wins to use the Satellite Cannon once more.

Again, NPC wins will not count towards the quota of wins.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
6/7/2012 2:27:54   
drinde

quote:

what about if War Cannons never return, and players/factions have to actually take part in fights to get any influence?

is that too radical?

Didn't we do that BEFORE those things were out?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 122
6/7/2012 5:10:11   
PivotalDisorder

@Drinde: has always been here since I joined :) so was it so bad before?
did ED desperately need a system that allows the richest players in real life to purchase victory without having to even fight?

[serious questions]
Post #: 123
6/7/2012 12:19:42   
Mr. Black OP

^
I just think it was implemented to make money.

Okay, just got warlord achievement, feel free to do an early update with this or something.
Epic  Post #: 124
6/7/2012 12:53:25   
Sipping Cider

First off, I would just like to say how exciting these factin changes will be! Having everything revolve around Influence is a great way to create competition in factions again. Plus, I wont feel discouraged to use faction features as often they just went to something that no one looked at or was not substantial in the game.

Regarding war kills and faction flags, my idea is to combine the two. What if you fired cannons (and such things) at flags? As mentioned earlier, there would be some sort of tax on flags. Instead of it being a set number, it could be dependent on how much damage was inflicted on that flag for that day. Influence would still be earned per unit of time to the faction controlling the flag, but now if a faction wants to take a flag war kills would be the way to go.

This would also be great for factions to team up on enemy factions, and create little alliances. Lets say one faction has been dominant on one flag for months and is turning the tide for the alignment war. A few factions could have a meeting and agree to fire shots at that flag untill a faction from their alignment takes it.

Here is a possible list of how many tokens are lost from a flag during a cannon shot;

1st place on flag loses 50% of cannon damage
2nd place on flag loses 30% of cannon damage
3rd place on flag loses 20% of cannon damage

So lets say you fire a cannon that does 1000 damage at a flag that is controlled by faction A, followed by faction B, and faction C is in third place.

Faction A would lose 500 tokens
Faction B would lose 300 tokens
Faction C would lose 200 tokens

This might be a little harsh, so maby cannon damage would be a lot lower, but the concept would be the same.

< Message edited by theSunguardian -- 6/7/2012 12:54:51 >
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition