Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion IX
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/3/2012 19:07:30   
Stabilis

^

Challenge accepted?
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
6/3/2012 20:01:36   
Midnightsoul

Guys...I just thought of the best way to fix static charge

Well...first, we need to rebuff it back to 48% at max...but...

It will work differently. Static Charge will now work by the average damage between your primary and auxiliary damage so let's says a person with 30-36 primary damage and 2-3 aux damage used SC...it should be about the same as someone with 16-20 primary AND aux damage using SC

here's a repost of original suggestions for CH

Plasma Shadow (similar to Hybrid Armor)

Passively increases resistance and block chance.
Stat required: 24 support step 2

lvl 1: 1 resistance and 1% block
lvl 2: 2 resistance and 1% block
lvl 3: 2 resistance and 2% block
so on...

ShockWave (new ultimate move for CH)
same energy cost as massacre
improves with technology/4
stat required: 20 strength step 2
Only does energy damage

A powerful wave drowns your opponent into terror.
20% chance to stun your opponent, but 10% chance to stun yourself after use
(if the RNG happens to stun both players...then make it as if nothing happened)

Oh yeah...forgot..plasma shadow replaces both shadow arts and plasma armor so to make up for the other move...

Domination

Passively increases both your robot and auxiliary damage.
Stat required: 22 Strength step 2

lvl 1: 1% (yes...the % goes to both the bot and aux each)
lvl 2: 3%
lvl 3: 5%
lvl 4: 7%
lvl 5: 9%
lvl 6: 11%
lvl 7: 12%
lvl 8: 13%
lvl 9: 14%
lvl 10: 15%

Cheap Blast (replaces Cheap Shot)
Use YOUR GUN to hit your opponent ignoring a % of defense with an additional 15% (yes...15%)
chance to crit.

(Works like cheap shot...except with a lower crit chance and can be deflected)

Static Drain (great move to replace emp for those who complain too much about how "OP'ed emp is", but personally...I dont believe EMP is OP'ed)
(WORKS EXACTLY LIKE STATIC CHARGE in my way with the average of primary and aux damage BUT STEALS ENERGY)
stat required: 5 dex step 3

(to prevent being OP'ed...the move will NOT be as effective as SC energy-wise)

lvl 1: 5%
lvl 2: 8%
lvl 3: 11%
lvl 4: 14%
lvl 5: 16%
lvl 6: 18%
lvl 7: 20%
lvl 8: 21%
lvl 9: 22%
lvl 10: 23%

I AM ALSO IN SUPPORT OF THE MOVE "CONDUCTION" but...when you come up to strike your opponent to apply conduction, you will only do 50% damage. Conduction replaces malfunction and may also be reduced by the assault bots, BUT...before I support it gets my full support...my question is...what will happen when malfunction takes more resistance than conduction?

With all my respect...thank you for reading.

-Midnightsoul

< Message edited by bloodknight997 -- 6/3/2012 20:30:05 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/3/2012 22:07:07   
drinde

Enter my first Balance rant, please give your comments...

quote:

I hereby post my compiled thread of ideas and thoughts on the horribly, horribly maintained balance system of EpicDuel. Thus may all read and prosper.

Robots:

These items were implemented in game to give Varium users an advantage around the free players, and it did its job well. A little too well. These items were supposed to guard the food chain of EpicDuel, yet in their quest for power, they completely altered the game, as well as the strategy required to play it.
The robots, their problems and possible solutions will be posted in this format:

Name
-Special Ability
-Problem
-Solution

Azrael
- Reduces 80% of a buffing skill
-Synergizes too well with hard hitting builds, causing a lean to STR
-Reduces 60% of a buffing skill, only applicable one turn after the skill has been activated

(Rusted)Assault
-Reduces 80% of a debuff skill
-Allows the neutralization of a debuff with no cost, causing a lack of investment in the defensive skills, causing STR to grow more effective
-Reduces 70% of a buffing skill, causes the owner's Damage to get a 15% reduction when cast

Passive Skills

Ah, what a nice idea. Skills that passively aid a player without needing to be activated using a single turn. But here come the problems:

Bloodlust: You need to land heavy hits to be able to regain HP, which encourages STR. I propose that BL adds a small amount, up to 30%, of the damage taken in one turn.

Shadow Arts: Increases blocks and stun %. A very, very useful skill. I believe it should, at maximum, increase block chance by 5%. Maybe, let it add 5% Block Chance and 15% Stun Chance when capped, instead of 10/10.

Passive Armors: Ah, the crowning glory of tanks. These skills should be completely demolished and rebuilt to reduce damage done by a %, instead of directly stopping damage, creating an effective brick wall in front of a player.

Enhancements

I don't think I'd be lying if I said this feature is one of the best sources of income for the game. I don't mind that the developers want to earn money, I mean, it's a product, but seriously. Gaining a bonus of 30+ Stats? That's downright ridiculous. Varium users are supposed to get an easier time in the game, not be able to decimate free players at their whim. With enhancements, one could overlook their weapon's requirements and build their character to have an absurd amount of power, be it defensive or offensive. I doubt that any player could win against another that possesses 30 more stats compared to them, which is around 7 level's worth of base stats, without utilizing a build that completely abuses a specific stat.

Therefore, I suggest that each player be given 50% more stats upon levelling up. This would reduce the effectiveness of enhancements, rendering them still useful, but not blatantly a requirement to play the game.

Skill Synergy

This is, in my opinion, one of the reasons that abuse is so rampant. The synergy between a chain of skills is so powerful, it practically screams out: "Use me and PWN those n00bs!"

For example, the Bounty Hunter class. SmokeScreen, Bloodlust, Cheapshot, Massacre. When you see those skills, its extremely probable that you want to make a STR build. The Mercenary class, however, defines a tank. Hybrid Armor, Intimidate, Surgical Strike, Bunker Buster. A defensive barrier, a damage reduction skill, a Rage drain, a damager skill based on a defensive stat.

I suggest that skills that synergize too well be locked. As in, when you use skill A, skill B is locked for the game. Ultimates when matched with Defense Debuffers are a prime example.

Player Matching

Now, the system matches players according to their Levels. As stated in the Enhancement section of my post, the system is extremely flawed. Now, I understand that if they removed level matching and used stat matching in Solo Battles, they'd lose money. SO, what about TEAM matches and JUGGERNAUTS? If the system could pool together the team's Weapon Bonus Stas (WBS) and group them together in the most balanced way possible, balance would be so much better. An ideal situation in my mind would be a maximum of 30 WBS differences in a Team Battle, and 40 WBS differences in Juggernaut matches.

Rage

This battle factor needs a revamp. In the game, rage gain is calculated in how much damage is repelled by the defences of the target, and also in how much damage is dealt by the opponent. This factor allows for STR builds to get the best of both ways to gain rage. They push a large amount of stat points into the STR stat, enabling them to deal large amounts of damage. Against defensive players, they can get in a good amount of damage while still gaining rage from the target's shields. Besides that, their high health allows them to take in a high amount of damage towards their extremely low defences, also gaining rage.

A possible way to fix Rage is to make Rage gain a steady flux of points that accumulate in a player's Rage Meter. If the player was deflected, blocked, or stunned, their Rage would increase by a small %. This would make it so that Tanks, who possess large amounts of Technology and/or Dexterity, would still get less amounts of Rage compared to their opponents. However, STR builds would not be able to get exponential amounts of Rage as it would not depend on the amount of repelled damage.

Luck Combos

Luck affects battles drastically in this turn based "strategy" game. Blocks, critical hits, deflections... they all break a person's strategy. I hereby propose a feature that will lessen the power of these luck based factors.

When you manage to activate one of the three factors (Block, Critical, Deflect), on the next turn, you have a 5% less chance to activate that factor again. The reduction stays with you for the remainder of the battle, until it hits the bare minimum of the rate of activation. As an example, you have a base of 11% Block Chance. You blocked, so now you have a 6% chance to block. You block the next attack too, so now, your block chance drops down to 2%, not 1%, as that's the minimum. This applies to ALL luck-based stats, excluding Stun, since it has a fixated base.

Primary Strength

As we all know, Strength is one of the most powerful Stats as it raises the damage potential of two weapons, as well as being able to be utilized in every turn. As people can swing their primaries without pause, I think the Primary weapons should have a smaller amount of base Damage. Maybe we could reduce 5 Damage from every primary weapon to reduce their power. Another way would be to increase the number of allocated Strength points needed to increase the Damage potential of Strength.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
6/3/2012 22:17:03   
Joe10112

@Drinde: Shadow Arts maximum only +5% Block Chance and +15% Stun Chance? Who uses Stun Anyway? Would make SA even more useless, other way around might be better...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/3/2012 22:19:04   
drinde

I did say maybe.

Besides, Blocking is too rampant....

How about it increasing 5% Block Chance and 15% Deflection? Since deflections don't remove 100% DMG...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 30
6/3/2012 22:32:09   
Rayman
Banned

I would like to be able to equip 2 bots, Assult and gamma.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/4/2012 3:55:32   
Ranloth
Banned

Changed whole suggestions, instead of posting on the Forum, it's more convinient to post it on Google Docs so here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17hA9WgUBdLv9ly1EfXuANvhHW-hzsvcLI9NWSYe3jBE/edit

< Message edited by Trans -- 6/5/2012 11:28:51 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
6/4/2012 6:49:56   
Arevero

I haven't be on ED for weeks now, it's almost like quiting, i check the forums from time to time, and now, posts have gone absolutely out of ORDER.

Huge posts everywhere, all giving new abilities or new formulas and complaints.

Instead of adding a new ability, can we just get technician over Plasma armor first, please?

Save buffing SC later or changing EMP, just PLEASE, change PA into TECHNICIAN. I can't take it when i make a build with all sorts of ideas then PA just stumbles in and 'poof'. My build is disgusted.

If anyone has some sort of sense and mind to find logic in replacing PA, then GOD BLESS YOU.

So many people out there detest us CHs, yet most of them have no idea the situation we are in here. I don't even feel like a HUNTER anymore, i feel like some sort of noob who hides behind his Passive armor and has no where else to go.

After SO many pleads, SO many suggestions and forever SO many complaints, the fact that PA hasn't been taken away it is just R I D I C U L O U S.

Takeaway EMP if you want. JUST PLEASE, give CHs technician over PA.

I don't think i feel i'm interested in ED anymore compared to the day i created Arevero. The hindering, and some ridiculous balance changes has changed my appetite to duel epically. I have repeated my words, 'Voicing out', 'Diversity', 'Unique', but i haven't seen that in...months, maybe even a whole year.

If this does not go through, then i think i have no voice here in ED, no chance to make everyone hear what's going on in my mind, no chance to make a difference.

And Trans, congratulations on getting unbanned, i hope you can make a good change to CHs.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
6/4/2012 6:55:53   
Stabilis

^

You may have to refer to the DNs again, Technician lacks the sudden boost with regards to Resistance. That and the fact that Shadow Arts is on the skill tree alone as a passive skill prompted Plasma Armour. If you wish to remove Plasma Armour, you will need an appropriate passive skill and appropriate Resistance skill.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
6/4/2012 6:56:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Thanks Arevero, I hope they hear other people too since many of their ideas come to people's liking so shouldn't be ignored. Also thanks for posting since I can't double post. XD

Hun, unfortunately for you, I'm not gonna reply to your suggestions anymore.. If you wonder why - since I'm unbanned and promised to behave this time, I'm gonna abide to a forum rule mentioned here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=3542950 - or to be more specific, "Use your brain. Don't let some idiot affect you."; I don't want any more warnings for trolling or any kind so sorry, I cannot reply to you anymore. :(

I wanted to say Void’s idea is good since I liked it before when he made different version of it I believe, but since I’m now allowed to have personal view on it or not reasonable enough then I’ll pass.. :/

I’ve been reading all the suggestions so far and thanks to everyone who have supported any of them! :D While they may not be perfect, there’s no harm in suggesting and I’m welcome for any feedback on it, whether positive or negative. :P

Also, some of you also spoke with me on Twitter! Those who’ve seen my suggestions already there and discussed it a little, thanks for your Support and I do know your views on it so no need to post again since it’s your opinion and I have no problem with it. :)

Since I was “away” for past 2 weeks, I've spoken with Joe about CH change and I want to evaluate on it even further, mind that, you should read original suggestion located here ( http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20369660 ) and this is just explanation of how the change would affect the skill tree but also be in favour of the class:

Main points revolve around skills, allow me to explain:

- Plasma Grenade as well as Stun Grenade, being Tier 3 skill, shouldn't have same power as Overload of TMs at cost of higher Energy cost (4 EP). Since difference between Bolt and Overload is 11 damage, I suggest raising both Grenades' damage by about 6 and lowering the cost by 2 Energy. Ain't that much but it's Tier 3 skill and should be stronger than Overload but with minimal raise in EP cost. *

As Joe linked my tweets before, I thought of build looking like this:

3-1-1
5-7-1
0-1-8
M-0-0

(with fixed Tiering) This build would consist of more of a Tank strategy but also works well with Str really since SC favours it. Poison does usually well with any build - let it be Str or Tank - and since it cannot be blocked (initial damage), then it's in favour of Str builds, although Tanks get to survive longer and get more out of it. Stun is buffed so worth training and the status itself would be worth to use it + it's unblockable! Revamped PA is fine at about Lvl 5**, provides you with good defence against Energy attacks which is enough and is in favour of glass-cannon builds not just to Tank out every fight (more about it in first post). Heal is there just to aid you if needed and EMP is also for strategical reasons if you find it useful (also revamped).

So in other words, this build is mainly made from unblockables and preferably decent in longer fights. Only attack that can be blocked is SC and Malf, and you have other moves that will crush your opponents in matter of few hits. ;) To add, this build would probably be best for Focus 4/5, although without even having chance to try it, I cannot know specifically so just assuming so. :)

Last notes, the change to Venom as well as Grenades would affect BHs too, so it's actually in favour of them as well. Opinions welcome! :)

* Since TLMs have it at Tier 2 instead, they get no damage raise at all as it's on par with Overload but get Cost lowered by 4 to match Overload as well.
** PA’s percentages I’ve suggested aren’t final if it was to be ever considered by the team. It’s to just present the idea to Staff as well as to everyone.

Quite a bit wall of text if you ask me. XD

EDIT: Fixed some wording as well as deleted unnecessary spaces which were caused by posting from phone earlier. :P

< Message edited by Trans -- 6/4/2012 12:06:53 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
6/4/2012 10:15:00   
Clavier

I love the grenade idea.
I think uniqueness and diversity is found on old CH skill tree. Really miss when we striked and got 30 energy back.
Epic  Post #: 36
6/4/2012 11:37:22   
Joe10112

HEY there Trans you're back!

I think everyone agrees that CH need a fix, anyone know why Staff/Balance Team arn't releasing any info or have any plans to balance CH?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/4/2012 16:58:05   
Mr. Black OP

Support buff?
New Weapon Grenades:
Only 4 in the entire game, 2 Physical and 2 Energy, they are unblockable and undeflectable, give no stats, 3 cool down, no enhancements, and gains power at the same rate of your auxiliary.
The grenades damage are determined by your level. If you buy the Varium version then it is your level+1 is your damage, non-varium version is your level-1. (Slightly stronger)
So lets say you are using the non-varium grenade and your level 32, the grenade's base damage will be 31.
Epic  Post #: 38
6/4/2012 18:33:42   
rayniedays56

Editing this when I get home :-) I do believe I have found a fix for Cyber Hunters! Be very excited guys. And I want to thank Arevaro, Trans, Wootz, and Bloodknight for the many suggestions and other things :-D (arguments xD)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/4/2012 18:40:14   
Ranloth
Banned

Oh? Y u no home now?! xD

I'll most likely reply in the morning or much later since I'm busy and travelling but actually excited to see what you're up to. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
6/4/2012 19:04:13   
Joe10112

@Raynie: Y U NO HOME (+1 to Trans)

I'm excited.

Need balance ASAP.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/4/2012 19:37:57   
liy010

quote:

Support buff?
New Weapon Grenades:
Only 4 in the entire game, 2 Physical and 2 Energy, they are unblockable and undeflectable, give no stats, 3 cool down, no enhancements, and gains power at the same rate of your auxiliary.
The grenades damage are determined by your level. If you buy the Varium version then it is your level+1 is your damage, non-varium version is your level-1. (Slightly stronger)
So lets say you are using the non-varium grenade and your level 32, the grenade's base damage will be 31.

Hmmmmm....Seems cool...I was thinking more of per use like you buy each Grenade for 10 Credits and No Varium. After you use it, you must restock. You are allowed 2 per Battle.

Reasons: Well, one is that a sword when you strike your opponent is doesn't break...When you throw a Grenade however, you don't go pick it back up >.>

Main Reason: I've seen some support builds with 28-32(+39) DMG on their Aux...Thing about Aux is that it has a long cooldown in exchange for big Damage. Now the level cap is currently at 35 so the max would be +36. That's easily 64-68 Damage of Unblockable, Undeflectable OP Ness.

I know support builds are weak but...

Turn 1: Aux (67-71 DMG)
Turn 2: Multi (Around 75 DMG)
Turn 3: Grenade (64-68 DMG)
Turn 4: Aux
Turn 5: Heal
Turn 6: RAGE GRENADE!!!
Turn 7: Strike
Turn 8: AUX!
Turn 9: Something...
Turn 10: GRENADE AGAIN!
Turn 11: Something else...
Turn 12: RAGE AUX TIME!!!

Yeah, in those long battles, it would be really OP when Looped...

< Message edited by liy010 -- 6/4/2012 19:38:18 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
6/4/2012 19:43:40   
rayniedays56

Delete last post! Here goes my balance to Cybers! (for extra: included is a made screen shot of skills)

NEW FIXES TO CYBER :)

(read before you rant please :P)

Shadow Aura (replaces Plasma Armour and only in place after EMP is moved to Tier 3 and MALF
is converted to Conduction)

"Activated Passive"

Passively decreases a percentage of all damage taken to you. Lasts for 5 hits on 1v1, 8
hits on 2v2, and 5 turns on Juggernaut and must be cooled down for 2 turns before turning
active again.

Progressions:
5%
10%
15%
20%
25%
28%
31%
33%
34%
35%

Example.....

Bloodmage hits a fireball at 88 total damage. I take my defense (29-35+5+1) it hits at 33,
so it looks like this.....88-39=49 damage

With Shadow Aura at level 5 (25% damage neglected) you then minus that from the damage
dealt, meaning that the 49 damage will now be deleted by 25%.

So, 25% of 49=12.25 which is 12, so you minus 12 from 49, giving a 37 damage in total.

So, with my defense and shadow aura, I managed to minus 51 damage from the initial 88.

HOWEVER, since most Cyber Hunters will use a max Shadow Aura, then I will show you that
affect. In the same scenario, I would then take 35% (at max) from 49, which will give me 17.15,
which would be 17 more damage neglected, making it now 32 damage dealt.

In a tank sceneario, one who can deal about 13-16+35 primary damage, then it would work
like this. The tank hits at mid range and hits you with 15+35=50 damage.

With max Shadow Aura, you neglect 35% of what your defense and armor neglects.
I have delta knight armor with defense at 29-35+1, making it 29-35+5+1, so lets say I
defend at 34, so that gives me a defense of 34+5+1, giving me a nice 40 defense, already
nulling the damage to 10, but take 35% of 10 gives you 3.5, which is 4 rounded, which gives
a defense of 44 now, nulling the damage to only 6.

It also works with resistance. Lets say a Tech Mage supercharges you for a total of 93
damage (tech abuse LOL) I will once more use myself as an example. I have relatively
high technology, so my resistance is 32-45+5+1. Say the Supercharge hits me in my 42 range,
so now I am resisting at 42+5+1, which is a 47 resistance in total. Now the mage hits and
he automatically is nulled 47 damage, which makes the damage 44 now. However, with the
ignore of 20% to Supercharge, Shadow Aura works in a special way. Supercharge minuses
Shadow Aura by 20%, and with lower Shadow Aura, it can actually make it useless. At max,
the Shadow Aura is nulled 20%, making it 15% of damage nulled. So now, I take 44 and minus
15% of damage from it. It is 6.6, which is 7 in total, so we take 7 from 44, making it 37
damage in total that is dealt. So, with my high resistance and armour and Shadow Aura,
I managed to null 56 damage from a tech abusing Tech Mage. Amazing, if you ask me.

However, there are flaws, as you have seen. A super move can negate some of Shadow AUra's
power, and can even stop it. Strength Abusing Cyber Hunters will find it hard to abuse this
Skill, while Tanks are going to love it. However, to keep this skill from being too OP,
it is with warning. The skill "shatters" after several hits to it, which is where I
added a 5 Turn "barrier". Once the Player with Shadow Armor is hit 5 times, the skill
"Shatters" or, in this case, locks for 2 turns, making the player have to rebuild it over
time. So, for 5 hits, the skill is good. Then you must wait 2 turns to activate it again,
then after the 2 turns, a shadow will fall over the player, letting you know that Shadow
Aura is active once more.

In juggernaut mode, the skill lasts a total of 5 turns, not hits.

In 2v2, the skill is lengthened to 8 hits.

This skill is NOT affected by Azraels Borg and is not hightened by any stat. It is a
"Passive/Cast" skill, which means it is a passive for a time, but must be reactivated
again.

(replaces Plasma Armour; requires 37 support and 38 technology at max to activate.)
((19 support and 24 tech at level 1))
Support goes 19,22,25,28,30,32,34,35,36,37
Technology Goes 24,26,28,30,32,34,35,36,37,38

So, the new skill tree for Cyber HUnter?

Field Medic-Cheap Shot-Defense Matrix
Shadow Aura*-Static Charge**-Plasma Grenade***
Multi Shot-Conduction****-EMP Grenade
Venom Strike*****-Cold Fusion******-Shadow Arts

*New Skill
**Buffed to 37%
***Allocated to new slot. Buff slightly on damage
****New skill. Replaces Malfunction. Used to only negate resistance
*****Buffed to 12 DoT with 30 energy at max (on Bounty Hunter's too)
******New Skill

Buffs: Plasma Grenade, Static Charge, Venom Strike, Defense Matrix, Cold Fusion
Nerfs: Plasma Armour, EMP, Massacre
Half and Half: Shadow Aura, Conduction,

Plasma Armour gave too much resistance and was too utilized in the community. However, I
also realized that Cybers needed a reliable passive. So, I looked through all the
suggestions and managed to combine a few to make Shadow Aura (much thanks to The Cyber
Union)

Cold Fusion (ultimate for Cyber Hunters)

Unleash a blast of pure energy that manages to ignore 10% of the targets resistance and
defense while also allocating 20% of it to health.

Attack Type: Hybrid (energy and physical)

Animation: The Cyber Hunter smashes their claws into the enemy and manages to maintain a
cold burn onto their body. (the cyber hunter runs up to the enemy, holds their arms out
like massacre, except their arms and hands turn electric blue, and cuts the enemy 4 times,
each time hitting at 15%, 20%, 25%, and 40% for a total of 100% damage. The first hit is
fast, the second slows, the third slows even more, and the last is like building up
energy for one last, super smash.

Progressions are much like Super Charge, except the attacker attacks with 50% energy and
50% physical damage, while ignoring 10% defense and 10% resistance.

This ultimate is progressed with Support and Technology. It progresses 2 points for every
4 technology and support gained , starting after 22 technology and 20 support

Stat Required: 20 Strength, increases in increments for each level obtained.

(20,23,26,29,32,34,36,38,39,40)

Energy Cost:

(29,33,37,41,45,49,52,55,57,59)

The damage progressions are just like supercharge

(this skill will increase at an additional 4 tech, but cannot increase any
more until the player adds 4 points into support.

Example:
+4 tech (increase) +3 support and +4 tech (no increase until support is added another point
, after the point is added to support, the it will increase twice because of the additonal
4 tech added.

Another example:

+39 technology and +44 support (now divide by 4 since it progresses by 4 for each)

10 and 11

The skill will increase 10 times, but since technology is missing another point, then it
must be added until the skill can increase more.

This keeps the skill from being too OP, but if Hunters looked at it right, then they
can see a possible way to make this skill VERY fun and over powered.
****************************************************************************************
So the new skill tree:

Field Medic-Cheap Shot-Defense Matrix
Shadow Aura*-Static Charge**-Plasma Grenade***
Multi Shot-Conduction****-EMP Grenade
Venom Strike*****-Cold Fusion******-Shadow Arts

Has these stat progressions for every skill

(none)-(strength)-(support)
(none)-(strength)-(technology)
(dexterity)-(none)-(technology)
(none)-(support and technology)-(none)

So, it is clear to see that the Cyber Hunter communtiy will not be limited on builds.
There is now a possiblility for a rare tech build on a hunter now, with possible
support builds.

This can also be seen as a way to get more 5 focuses out there, since the requirements are
high on Cold Fusion.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will get back to you as soon as
possible

(AK's! Please PM me if you have to delete this! I would like to know why it will be deleted
and would like to know way's I can fix it! :) )

OK! I am done?! You all can rant now! :P

(took me ALL FRIGGIN NIGHT TO WRITE THIS!!!!!!)

((do NOT start on finding flaws with this W00tZ or Bloodknight xD!))

SCREEN SHOT!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/4/2012 19:49:48   
drinde

I'll find fault with it then. :p

Does Blocking count as a "hit" to each turn of the aura thing?

Also, any criticism on my wall rant? I need some info on it before removing the quote box.

< Message edited by drinde -- 6/4/2012 19:55:21 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 44
6/4/2012 19:54:25   
rayniedays56

Nope. You must land a strike for it to be active. A rage hit, a crit, and deflection all take 1 strike while a block hits none

btw...most of what you said has been mentioned before :-D

< Message edited by rayniedays56 -- 6/4/2012 19:55:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/4/2012 19:55:22   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Hmmmmm....Seems cool...I was thinking more of per use like you buy each Grenade for 10 Credits and No Varium. After you use it, you must restock. You are allowed 2 per Battle.
Reasons: Well, one is that a sword when you strike your opponent is doesn't break...When you throw a Grenade however, you don't go pick it back up >.>

Well swords get dull and we don't repair them here, guns and auxiliaries use ammunition but we don't buy ammo.
Also since it improves with support you can look at it with military
quote:

Main Reason: I've seen some support builds with 28-32(+39) DMG on their Aux...Thing about Aux is that it has a long cooldown in exchange for big Damage. Now the level cap is currently at 35 so the max would be +36. That's easily 64-68 Damage of Unblockable, Undeflectable OP Ness.

I know support builds are weak but...

Turn 1: Aux (67-71 DMG)
Turn 2: Multi (Around 75 DMG)
Turn 3: Grenade (64-68 DMG)
Turn 4: Aux
Turn 5: Heal
Turn 6: RAGE GRENADE!!!
Turn 7: Strike
Turn 8: AUX!
Turn 9: Something...
Turn 10: GRENADE AGAIN!
Turn 11: Something else...
Turn 12: RAGE AUX TIME!!!

Yeah, in those long battles, it would be really OP when Looped...

Could be a problem, but only 2 classes multis use support, only the grenade is deflectable. But how does 4 cool down seems instead?
Epic  Post #: 46
6/4/2012 19:56:57   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@raynie So basically you just removed the entire drawback for Tank CHs but weakened Str CHs at the same time? I'm sorry but as of now and with those numbers you have, Shadow Aura is quite OPd.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/4/2012 19:57:05   
drinde

35% damage reduction that resists blocks... I see potential for Dexterity and Shadow Arts abuse here.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 48
6/4/2012 20:01:04   
Joe10112

As much as it looks fine, I doubt that the Balance Team will implement all those new skills for CH only. They'd need to come up with new skills for TLM and BM as well.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/4/2012 20:05:34   
rayniedays56

Resists? Oh no. I sowwy. I forgot to include DA to the new skill tree. And the 35% is just a quiet number so far :-D I was thinking making it max at 25%

Progressions...

5%
8%
14%
16%
18%
20%
22%
23%
24%
25%

SA will be taken awau for DA and the max for Sh Au is now 25 ;-) better?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion IX
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition