Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Suggestions >> =AQW= Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1412345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2012 23:29:05   
skydrite
Silently watching...

Player Suggestions Discussion Thread

This is the thread to discuss player suggestions. If you wish to be given feedback on your suggestion or you find a certain suggestion interesting, this is the place to post it.

If you wish to request feedback on your suggestion, you must first provide feedback on someone else's suggestion! If you fail to provide feedback, your post will be deleted.

It is very important when giving commentary and feedback to reference the specific idea you are talking about in your post. This is not only courteous to the creator, but to those who are looking through the postings. Artists of all kinds thrive on input and commentary from the people who look at their works. Make sure your posts are constructive. Spam is not tolerated. If you like a specific idea, don't just say "Awesome pic, yo." explain WHY you liked it. You will not help someone improve their suggestion if you do not post constructively.

Please remember that this thread is for discussion, not suggestions. Using this thread to have your idea(s) in more places is not the purpose. Thank you.

quote:

Constructive Criticism

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• Does it help? How?
    Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.

• Example of Constructive Criticism:
    "I didn't particularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little disappointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
    That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

• Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
    "I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"

• < Message edited by Zyrain -- 7/15/2015 20:14:53 >
    AQ  Post #: 1
    6/5/2012 18:32:31   
      Laos

ArchKnight AQW Guides/Sugg

In an effort to kick-start this thread, I have below, several old suggestions that you guys can use as a start to base your posts off of.

The two below weapons are ones I made on MS Paint over a year and a half ago.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/rkn6sp.png
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztm3rm.png

This thread is solely for the discussion of suggestions. If you guys would like some feedback on any of your suggestions, please post them.

-Laos

< Message edited by skydrite -- 6/20/2012 23:11:38 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    6/5/2012 20:49:29   
    LL

Laos has the talent crafting a flash like weapon in paint. It seems like he's done over with it a year and a half ago and expecting his works to be all good right now, (Expert/Professional) In other words. Although if he hasn't mentioned it was from paint, people will see that he has flashed it instead.

On the other hand, this was just an armor that I made yesterday.
    http://www.twitpic.com/9t2sq3

Changes were already applied:
    http://www.twitpic.com/9tb0ot -Legs it is! I'll be working on it, on the dark one at the foot? Is that what you mean?
    Changes were applied:
    http://twitpic.com/9tn8lj -Foot changed, Chest Face shaded, curves.

Changes, Suggestions, Comments, Ratings at any way will be accepted. ^_^

~LL

< Message edited by LL -- 6/7/2012 20:09:27 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    6/6/2012 7:03:43   
    drDOT

That's paint, Laos!? Looking great! I longswords, they are so awesome and awesome. :D I like the first sword the most, that handle tells me I have to use it.

The armor looks great, LL! Looks like an item that would fit in Dage's Undead Legion for sure. :P

Although I'd suggest having a little more variation in the skulls, having different shaped ones in different parts of the armor; you know, just for diversity. Oh and the lighter shades on it, I'm pretty sure it looks shinier if they are a little thinner. It's great nonetheless, looking forward for more. :)

Uhm oh, my suggestions. Latest one was about some monsters:
    http://addoanimation.webs.com/Pictures/EarthOffspring.jpg
    http://addoanimation.webs.com/Pictures/FireJuvenile.jpg
    http://addoanimation.webs.com/Pictures/TeenWind.jpg
    http://addoanimation.webs.com/Pictures/WaterYoungling.jpg

< Message edited by drDOT -- 6/6/2012 7:06:09 >
    AQW  Post #: 4
    6/6/2012 15:07:52   
    Askewen

Laos

They're very clear and interesting designs, certainly very impressive for MSPaint.

LL

The legs seem a bit awkwardly positioned, but it's a very clear and undertandable design.

DrDOT

Ohh, I really like the unique shading, and those young elemental pet designs are really interesting. :D

As for mine,

Sanctified Shiv
    Permafrost Armanents
    DoomKnight's Affliction
    Post #: 5
    6/6/2012 17:09:08   
    xxerox

@Askewen - Weapons look clean, not much details tho.

Sanctified Shiv - Its ok. It looks like one of those fishes that i dont remember the name. Its probably of the "eye" in the middle. It looks like one :P

Permafrost Armanents - Im not sure what Armament is but im sure they look like daggers. Except in the middle. There is one line there that makes them look weird with that crystal edge. The light it is emitting looks strange. And its only from outside. The ice connects with the weapon but the light comes only from the parts that are not connected.

DoomKnight's Affliction - This is better and it loks just like that face of the alien from Hunter vs Predator. And the teeth are wrong. They seem like are going from only one side. Its rly strange to see an axe with spikes from only one side.

@drDOT - What you did is great. Good work, but i think there were .avi somewhere, where you show how they move. That is even better.

@LL - Armor is great. Some of the changes are unnecessary Like the shoulders.in the first picture they look like empty and small. On the second, they are just too full. Maybe something on the legs instead?

< Message edited by xxerox -- 6/6/2012 17:18:16 >
    AQW  Post #: 6
    6/7/2012 10:45:55   
    Xeltonick

All of you guys armors are always great.I do not know why the mods won't implement them in game :( even though they're not mine they still look cool and needs to be put inside suggestion shop or special shops suggested by players.

Here's mine ( Drawn )
    Count Robes ( Drawn )

I later changed the name after got it flashed by Lightman and I respect him for his hardworking efforts.
    Awakened Count

~Warning!~ Incoming new monster boss for Mogloween 2012 ( Might be though,doubt it )
    ???

Any comments and ratings will be accepted.

~Edit 1 : Also Laos' weapon is cool.
    Here's mine flashed by myself
    Xionic Daikatana V2
    The hilt above the smaller and thinner black hilt,that is part of the blade.The original hilt has 2 curvy thick rings plated to defend the owner from the obsidian titanium platinum blade.The glowing edge is already lethal.

< Message edited by Xeltonick -- 6/8/2012 0:41:13 >
    AQW  Post #: 7
    6/7/2012 20:08:57   
    LL

Thanks guys! You may now see the third change, I applied changes on what you rated.
    See my post above. :D

@Xeltonick
    The Awakened count is totally great but the smile chokes me up, it's like contempt or let's say pretty close to like a boss.
    Vampires usually have that bad smile (Sad looking character).
    Try it with the Vampire Emissary's smile, it might look good evil I mean.
    But the thing we rate here is the armor, I'd say it was perfectly done.
    Nothing to change in the Armor, but you may do something with the face if you still can.

~LL
    AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    6/8/2012 17:47:12   
      Laos

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

LL: The most recent version of your armour really does strike me. I am certainly drawn to the skull in the centre. I like how the entire front section of the armour, the 'chestplate' if you will, is actually a skull. It's certainly very creative. I also like the use of colour on the shoulder pieces. I really get the impact of the lighting from this section of the armour. I do agree with drDOT in the fact that the skulls could do with a little more diversity. I think if the lighting was considered they would slightly differ in shades of grey, but overall it's definitely a creative and bold armour.

drDOT: All four of your monsters are spectacular. I like the Earth Offspring the most because of the detail used on the face. I like how the colours used go with each other really well and the shading shows how you thought about the lighting. If I had to suggest anything, it would be to make the Fire Juvenile look more erratic and 'fiery'. I think the level of detail on the face surpasses the level of detail in the torso area. I like how the colours harmonize on the Teen Wind to overall give me quite a cold and dull impression. I am really given a sense of coldness from the tone it gives off. Finally, I like how the Water Youngling looks overall, like a huge drop of water. The shape and simplicity combine to mimic that of a drop of water. I think the colours used may be a little too bold and to improve the overall effect could do with being toned down a bit. The dark blue emphasizes to me, the waters power and ferocious side, but there may be a little too much being used. In all, you have four amazing monsters. I like the colours and lighting used on them all. They do a fantastic job of setting the mood and fitting their themes, so to that, I applaud your work. Really some good stuff!

Askewen: You have three very interesting and unique designs, the Permafrost Armanents being my favourite. To begin with the Sanctified Shiv, it's minimalism stands out to me out of everything. I also like the colours used. The Blue and the yellow complement each other while the purple works well with the blue in an analogous way. I like how different shades of the colours are used to give the weapon a feeling of depth and light. The Permafrost Armanents had to be my favourite however, as all the colours go together very well. In particular, I like the colours on the actual blade itself. It really stands out to me and gives me the impression of a diamond or something of a translucent nature. I think the overall theme is fantastic to. I am given the impression of the future upon first glance, which is sometimes quite hard to accomplish so I salute you for that.
    Finally, the DoomKnight's Affliction. Although seconded by the pure art of the Permafrost Armanents, this would be my weapon of choice in-game. I love how the theme of the Shadowscythe in this weapon. Most impressive to me is the head of the axe-like blade. I didn't notice it straight away, but as I looked into it more, I saw the DoomKnight hood in the blade. It's really a very clever design. To improve, I think the level of detail on the handle could be stepped up to match that of the detail on the blade itself. Maybe a few scratches and dents here and there, who knows? But overall, you have three great weapons. Really very very good. Keep up the good work.

Xeltonick: Firstly, I like the hand-drawn Count Robes's detail. For a pencil drawing, I admire the detail. I know from doing it myself drawing armours is quite tricky. Sometimes the angles don't come out right or it looks wrong proportionally, but I think you nailed it. The only thing I would say, is that the foot looks a little ill-positioned. The flashed version by Lightman is certainly very well done. The overall theme is fantastic and the colours go together incredibly well. Your Dracula in Darkness is a little hard to see, so I suggest you brighten it up a little bit. I can't really comment on it much further as I struggle to see it. The flash work on the Xionic Daikatana V.2 is awesome. I love the shading and colours used - they go together really very well.
    From the above I can see you have some very good ideas and I hope they keep coming.

AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    6/20/2012 23:44:35   
    skydrite
    Silently watching...

Updated the first post to make it less confusing. Any suggestion that you find worth mentioning, you can discuss it in this thread as well as if you are just looking for comments on your own ideas.
    AQ  Post #: 10
    6/21/2012 0:14:14   
    Lord Coxy
    Its Coxy Time

@skydrite well I guess I be the first by asking for comments on two of my suggestions that I did long ago ^_^

Coxy's Switch Axe (A Dagger weapon so it can be a dual weapon)
    TomaHawk Daggers (A Co suggestion with Askewen, since it was inspire by a weapon of his/her if you read the comment I made for this ^_^)

@Laos: Not the greatest but its very good for something made in MS point ^_^

@LL: Don't want to say again since I already told you though PM when you showed me that though a PM (and its changes)

@drDOT: Those monsters are original and well done, nice job on them ^_^ (liking the Teenwind monster the most)

@Askewen: Already comment the Sanctified Shiv long ago on it ;P but as the Permafrost Armanents and DoomKnight's Affliction, really like their blades though I feel the handles a bit to simple for them (though the simple handle for DoomKnight's Affliction works fine for me ^_^) and all three weapons are original (DoomKnight's Affliction is my favorite out of the three ^_^)

@xxerox: I like your Awakened Count (your drawing was good and was it flashed well by Lightman, its both nice looking and original also)

Have a great day now

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    6/21/2012 2:03:31   
    Xeltonick

@Lord Coxy umm dude...Wrong person is wrong XD
    xxerox =/= Xeltonick

Anyways,your 1st weapon link is awesome + animation too,but need more details on the blade and the hilt :D
    Your tomahawk could be sharper and deadlier by adding sharp curves for the blades,more details and then you win.Lol.

If you want to follow me... -> http://twitpic.com/photos/Dan_X_Doa

Edit 1 : Finally drawn Impaler-X Scythe.Just needed someone to flash it <.< >.> ^.^

Edit 2 : @Lord Hades Yea :D those are runes...Aren't scythes curvy O.o?

< Message edited by Xeltonick -- 6/21/2012 9:37:46 >
    AQW  Post #: 12
    6/21/2012 4:29:00   
    Lord Hades

@Laos: I agree with everybody who commented before me. Your work is amazing, even when compared to some of the flash art I've seen.

@LL: Looks very legionesque. A bit bulky for my taste, but that's how the armor's supposed to be, I suppose. You might consider changing the lowermost skull (on the leg) so that is bends around with the metal instead of just sticking out.

@drDOT: Those are really cool adaptations of iconic monsters. I especially like the wind one--it looks angsty.

@Askewen: For the shiv, I personally just have a thing against backwards-curving daggers. I do really like the armaments, even though they have a decidedly HS feel to them. As for the axe, I'd change the teeth a bit. The way they are positioned now, it looks as if they jut out at a 90 angle from the normal procession of the blade.

@Coxy: You should probably outline that gem at the top of the axe. Against a white background, it's almost invisible. The axe is really great, though (although I'd consider changing the blue top/bottom edges to the metal), and so is your other design. But the name is a bit misleading, don't you think? Even though the daggers are made to go with Askewen's set, a lot of players wouldn't realize it and might think they are actual tomahawks.

@Xeltonick: It's a really great design, but impractical as a weapon. Straighten the edge of the scythe a bit more, and the most glaring problem will be fixed. Also, are there supposed to be runes on the strips of cloth/paper? It looks like something is on them, but the image is too blurry to try reading. On the other hand, the count is really cool, and any criticisms I would have made have already been typed out on this page.

Mage-General
    Good and Evil War Barons
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    6/21/2012 6:51:04   
    LL

Coxy, I like the daggers a lot, looks more original for a dagger.
    For the first weapon, the animation is like (O.O) in our eyes, very unique and I like that!
    Just some Icy shading on the axe, handle is good.

Good luck with the Flashing xeltonic, make it clearer on the flashed one. ;)

Lord Hades, As you can see, I have already added the third change wherein the skull on the foot was changed. ^_^
    In behalf of armors, I would also like to share with you some of my weapons.

The Bloodline.
    Finisher Blade.
    Paladin Crasher.

~LL

< Message edited by LL -- 6/21/2012 7:01:33 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    6/22/2012 4:44:05   
    xxerox

@ LL

Your dark weapons are.. too dark, i can barely see them(The details etc.)

Paladin Crasher - With that line in the middle,it looks strange, its like the edge is in "V" form.. actually the entire weapon looks like it.

Finisher Blade - i like that weapon the most, but the shading looks odd on some places.
    AQW  Post #: 15
    6/22/2012 21:27:53   
    Lord Coxy
    Its Coxy Time

Since there is Plushies as House Items now in the new release, I thought I suggest Plushies that I made ^_^

Coxy's Plushies

As for LL, Lord Hades and Xeltonick, I already send PMs on what you said and ask questions and thank you on what you said, but I will at least say again on how I feel about your items and all of them are nice ^_^

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say please ignore the Plushies that says Shadow the Hedgehog, Digital X, Lady Azjurai since they aren't AE related and Tld4, Timhortanz and Reddy since they were not made by me

< Message edited by Lord Coxy -- 6/22/2012 21:55:55 >
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    6/29/2012 12:38:12   
    silver knight

SoulBlade
    click on the pulsating glow below the grip. It activates runes, and glow on the blade and then turns them off when you click it a second time.

@lord Coxy
    The bunny berserker one looks like it has odd sized shoulders, but the rest look nice though.
    DF AQW  Post #: 17
    6/29/2012 18:42:24   
    LL

@Silver Knight
    Great idea of a blade, to make it better, you should make the handle a bit larger same as the blade and for better quality upload you can have it on twitpic and of course comments may show up after. The sword needs detail and a bit zooming since the animation in the tip handle could not be seen well.

I have just made a new armor by last week, named it R-Bot.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    6/29/2012 21:50:59   
    silver knight

LL... something about the chest makes me laugh on you're armor. no offense meant, but the bar seems wrong somehow...

Kioshiro you technically aren't allowed to suggest classes on the forums as the AQW Team handles all that.

Soul's Edge Fixed the handle, and uploaded it to my deviantart account so it'd be easier to mess with. seemed to have worked. and once you click the pulsing light it should gain runes that read "Daemon" in the nulgath runes along with an aura.
    DF AQW  Post #: 19
    6/30/2012 19:28:01   
      Laos

I want to remind everyone this is a discussion thread and not a suggestion thread. Any suggestion you post here is for discussion purposes only.

Any suggestion made here not accompanied by criticism or feedback directed at someone else will be deleted.

AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    7/4/2012 6:05:29   
    Reki

@Lord Hades: I think it would stand out more with some extra detail lines but other than that those are good concepts.
    @LL: Makes me think of a classic 1950's robot, very awesome man.
    @silver knight: It's simple but nice, i suggest to try and make it a little less flat looking. Nice work man.
    @branden80: In my opinion the name change would matter but i think it would be nice to see berserkers to come more into a story in the game.

Okay so here are just a couple recent concepts of mine (4 armors, 1 weapon) i would like some thoughts on, the first of which i would like to know if you guys would like to have in The Span rep shop at some point and if you do if you like my version of this armor, Armor of Awe from the classic AQ. My version is only slightly different in comparison.

Armor of Awe- http://twitpic.com/a3oz5g

Wandering Alchemist- http://twitpic.com/a1d3bc

Artifice of Blood- http://twitpic.com/9yedd9
    *this was a collab of me and my friend jake*

Massamune- http://twitpic.com/9sycqy

Dragon Blade 3012- http://twitpic.com/9s7e9r
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    7/4/2012 13:24:53   
    XSpectreX

@Reki
    Loving that armor of awe! I'm in awe when I look at it XD. Wish I could see it flashed!
    @black Kyle
    Those skills would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I doubt that the classes will be revamped with them.

I just finished my first armor in a long time, the Templar Champion
    Thoughts?
    AQW  Post #: 22
    7/4/2012 13:35:22   
    Black Kyle

Ikr the Rank 10 passives would be awesome but yeah I'm with you I doubt they'd do it :/ and liking your armour dude :)
    DF AQW  Post #: 23
    7/4/2012 15:18:46   
    XSpectreX

It looks even better inked. Check it out!
    AQW  Post #: 24
    7/4/2012 20:01:04   
    LL

@Reki
    Thanks! I would be glad if the DB 3012 comes up in game.
    Your armors are somehow usually epic as I see it everytime, I would always like to work with you as your flasher. ^_^
    You have your drawing skills, how much more if you can flash. ;)

Good luck for the DB 3012 Reki! ;)

@XSpectreX
    I see what you did there, but somehow looking at the shoulder overtaking up the head is not kinda looking well on it.
    I like the concept of it, hoping you can do more better as you practice. ^_^

Np Spectre, anytime. ;)

Signatures aren't permitted in the AQWorlds Suggestions. Please refrain from using them when posting here. ~Laos

< Message edited by Laos -- 7/5/2012 9:23:17 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Suggestions >> =AQW= Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 1412345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition