Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 8th Design Notes - Infernal Weapons Explained

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 8th Design Notes - Infernal Weapons Explained
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/9/2012 9:09:34   
dont give up

@mid your angry??? stop playing we all players are different. and your still lucky you could post on forum because you always say negative things you know right.
on topic
by the way, is the weapon will be non var or var. if var will there be non var because if not how is this any good for non var opening the shop?
Post #: 76
6/9/2012 9:15:59   
Hun Kingq

Trans, I have retrained once again last weekend with max Plasma Rain and max Reflex boost. I tested Plasma Rain with and without Reflex boost and Plasma Rain for the Blood Mages is just a wasted skill points and wasted energy. If I want to see how much a skill is nerfed I test it at max with every stat level.

King FrostLich, did you forget to put your contacts in or your glasses on because I did not write the Blood Mage is weak, Plasma Rain is weak, let me repeat Plasma Rain is weak. Do I have to put it in 100 font. All players from all classes should be against this change to the multi and as a Blood Mage I will be against the change to the Plasma Rain which affects the tech mage also but at least they have malfunction same with the Cyber Hunters but the rest of the classes don’t have a debuff to enhance the damage of the multi. Blood Lust is only useful if you get constant high damage that is 60+ at level 10. As a paying player just like any other paying player I have every right to address these unnecessary nerfs. No Tech Mage or Blood Mage relied upon just the Plasma Rain to win 2vs2. The tech mage had an malfunction, overload build and the Blood Mage had either an overload, Plasma Rain build or a Reflex boost, Overload, Plasma Rain Build, they never relied just on the multi to win the 2vs2 match and if one did they lost the match.

Other tech mages and Blood Mages complain to me in the game how weak Plasma Rain is now but are afraid to post because of Players like Trans, King FrostLich, and many others that they seen attack me over and over again in the forum. So staff and mods that is why many Players do not come to the forum and post. Because of that fear you are getting limited insight from the whole community.
Epic  Post #: 77
6/9/2012 9:28:59   
Guppy

@Hun KingQ, the mage classes need nerfs, is basically impossible to beat them. They all use the build, max strength/technology;max bludgen/bolt. It's sad

@Trans, stop typing in blue color, it's idiotic.

< Message edited by Suika Ibuki -- 6/9/2012 9:32:10 >
Post #: 78
6/9/2012 9:37:42   
Ranloth
Banned

It's not against the rules so I'm free to do so. And Hun, all we ask for is evidence hence "attacks".
AQ Epic  Post #: 79
6/9/2012 9:45:37   
khalidon5000

I never knew forums are *apparently* so intimidating...
----------------------------------------------------
How will both sides get Physical and Energy weapons and how would that work?
Would it be a feature that allows us to switch between Physical & Energy, or will the same weapons be available in both forms?
Epic  Post #: 80
6/9/2012 9:58:14   
FrostWolv

Well the weapons look awesome ... hope they are not as huge and oversized as Infernal weapons ..... wish it be of normal size coz normal size looks better and is less laggy :)

Epic  Post #: 81
6/9/2012 10:49:48   
King FrostLich

quote:

Other tech mages and Blood Mages complain to me in the game how weak Plasma Rain is now but are afraid to post because of Players like Trans, King FrostLich, and many others that they seen attack me over and over again in the forum. So staff and mods that is why many Players do not come to the forum and post. Because of that fear you are getting limited insight from the whole community.

That is just the exact opposite. Not every person wants to even create a forum account to post. Some of my members in the faction go to the forums just to look at the update thread and see what's in it not post and say their thoughts. Plus, your arguments are increasingly invalid, Calogero made a video about how "Underpowered blood mage is" and of course, I see tons of people calling Hun King "a guy who thinks he's better and Blood Mage is underpowered because Plasma rain is a weak skill." Yeah, yeah I get those comments. Even my faction members do not like you and refrain from talking in the balance discussion thread. We are not fearing people but we are against your ideas and facts because most of them are invalid.

quote:

All players from all classes should be against this change to the multi and as a Blood Mage I will be against the change to the Plasma Rain which affects the tech mage also but at least they have malfunction same with the Cyber Hunters but the rest of the classes don’t have a debuff to enhance the damage of the multi.

You can't do anything about it anyway. As a tactical mercenary, my build does not rely on multi and it has lesser mana cost than before at the cost of lowered damage so even if multi was nerfed, I don't bother it being nerfed anyway.

quote:

Blood Lust is only useful if you get constant high damage that is 60+ at level 10. As a paying player just like any other paying player I have every right to address these unnecessary nerfs.

Slightly true but unfortunately incorrect and overpowered. No player can hit 60+ every turn and to think most of the players' builds have 90 - 120+ hp at max. I do 20-30 damage in average and 30 - 60 damage with plasma cannon when I was a blood mage and I still succeed well against strength players if ever a 1v1 ensues at 2v2.

quote:

The tech mage had an malfunction, overload build and the Blood Mage had either an overload, Plasma Rain build or a Reflex boost, Overload, Plasma Rain Build, they never relied just on the multi to win the 2vs2 match and if one did they lost the match.

Then shouldn't you be happy as a Blood mage? Tech Mage has reroute and malfunction while Blood Mage has Bloodlust, reflex boost and energy shield to counter malfunction and since both the power moves blood mage has can be improved by dexterity,(which means reflex boost except plasma cannon) shouldn't the Blood Mage be the winner?

quote:

As a paying player just like any other paying player I have every right to address these unnecessary nerfs.

Yes, every player has a right even non varium players but that does not mean you can just say "Oh this skill is bad, blame the devs and my one skill is weak and I'm complaining about it" Oh please, you've got overload and plasma cannon as substitute attacks and lesser mana cost.

quote:

I tested Plasma Rain with and without Reflex boost and Plasma Rain for the Blood Mages is just a wasted skill points and wasted energy.

Hello? What about your gun and auxiliary? You've got the stun guns(one of the guns I had really wanted but no I don't have it) yet you rely too much on one skill which makes you soft in combat. Speaking of which, the reason why cybers emp you often times is because they already know you're buffing a powerful skill that can do high damage. Of course they'll drain your mana away. If you can't deal with your multi then why not use your gun or bazooka instead? It's funny I haven't seen you mention Deadly aim being useful as a Blood Mage. And of course, reflex boost takes one turn to use and alot of mana.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 6/9/2012 10:51:45 >

Epic  Post #: 82
6/9/2012 11:29:41   
FrostWolv

@ Hun King
Bro I know your frustration which is really somewhat not valid. Why are you so dependant in same build and please show some valid proof about your complain.
Accusing people like "Trans, King FrostLich, and many others" is simply weird.
Well I think you should ADOPT with the situation ... yeah I agree balance is still somewhere not proper ... but it is not a solution
I remember in the days well TLM was pretty OPed but still we survived because we have adopted ourself in that environment like Calogero back then used reflex boost + SC which was a nice thinking and I even made my own build to adopt in the situation and showed it to others "Blood Mage by FtW" .... Well you cant get 100% wins but you can make build to increase chance to win against maximum classes.

If you go on with the same build and play with it over and over again then the game will be boring
The best part of Epic Duel is Adopting the circumstances and making a new build emerge
Epic  Post #: 83
6/9/2012 11:47:56   
Ranloth
Banned

Just a note, one build should not be able to defeat everyone. This has been stated, every build should have disadvantages and if there truly aren't any, then the class is OP - just like CHs. If you find a hole, they will soon cover it or try to loop to survive so you won't be able to catch up.
We simply asked you before for your evidence in form of plain screenshots to prove it's actually true and we could try for ourselves. Calogero made his video about BMs, I did give some screenshots before with "Bunker bug" (which wasn't a bug), and actually did the math which you didn't. Evidence is crucial, without it your point is really invalid in most of the cases, not just balance.

Yes it may seem like we attack you buy give us your points, provide evidence and explain so we can actually see your point and provide you with feedback. If you fail to do any of them, we will 'attack' you for evidence. I've seen Mercs with over 100 Energy using Bunker + SS combo and split HA. Yes they have passive Armor but you have BL in that case since HP = Defence and you regain it over the course of the battle. Use Cannon + SC combo yourself, SC maybe doesn't have Rage drain but you get HP back (doesn't stack with BL) and it ignores Resistance. Mercs can win with that build so don't see why BMs should. And no, it doesn't require you to have Beta weapons at all, just enough time to adjust to build and improve yourself afterwards (small tweaks and such). No one is stopping you and you will get better results, and mind that, it will work in 2v2 easily since I use TM with 1v1 build (yes I have Reroute and Lvl 1 Malf which is only -23 Tech (5-6 Res)) but you have BL which will help you more after your EP is over - even if EMP'd, TMs have it worse since we're stuck with nothing until we get EP back but you get HP back constantly.

My two cents. (again)
AQ Epic  Post #: 84
6/9/2012 12:10:02   
Angels Holocaust

It doesn't matter how many updates are implemented to this game. It's still disconnecting people, how am I supposed to play this game? I don't care how long it takes or how you do it, just get rid of the disconnects Titan.
Post #: 85
6/9/2012 12:22:24   
Lord Nub

quote:

Also, the content wasn't delayed because of developer error- we've been getting a lot of messages with "how do I get the blueprint scraps?" and not understanding how to complete the mission chains, or asking us to extend the availability because they were on vacation or had finals.

Are you serious Cinderella?!?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!?

The game was put on hold because of some snot nosed 12 year old kids complaining on facebook that they don't know how to play the game?!?!?

So again, let me get this right. Artix and Titan in their daily meeting sat down and said "Hey, lets stop progressing our game and increasing our income so that a few inactive kids can obtain some blueprints!".......Nah, don't think so.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
6/9/2012 12:38:45   
Darkwing

looking at weapons... only legion has guns ? will there be bazookas and guns or only primary weapons?( in shop)

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 6/9/2012 12:39:06 >
Post #: 87
6/9/2012 12:42:44   
khalidon5000

Also how will each side have physical & energy weapons when there are so few weapons.
Epic  Post #: 88
6/9/2012 13:43:31   
Retrosaur

quote:

The game was put on hold because of some snot nosed 12 year old kids complaining on facebook that they don't know how to play the game?!?!?

So again, let me get this right. Artix and Titan in their daily meeting sat down and said "Hey, lets stop progressing our game and increasing our income so that a few inactive kids can obtain some blueprints!".......Nah, don't think so.

Bugfixes are important. Seriously. You let bugs accumulate, you get copious amounts of lag, a variety of problems that leaves players frustrated with the game.

You think they're doing this just for profit? Not true. They need to address all issues that cater to ALL players, or their player base will dwindle. It's not all about the Level 34s, but the level 33s, 32s, etc.

AQW Epic  Post #: 89
6/9/2012 13:48:30   
Lord Nub

^ I'm sorry, did I mention anything about bug fixes or was it perhaps the fact that Cinderella just stated the reasoning for the delay and I quoted it and replied with a statement that has nothing to do with what your talking about?

I also forgot that Artix Entertainment is a non-profit organization, stupid me.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
6/9/2012 14:36:05   
One Winged Angel1357

Also if your F2P that mission chain was a beast. Caden or Snork for the first mission heck if your not close to being a cap player that mission should be a challenge for a good number of players, well maybe not full variums because of all the extra stat modifiers but whatever.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
6/9/2012 16:13:07   
PivotalDisorder

the staff have NOT said which weapons will go to each faction, you are all presuming orange will be legion and blue will be exile but if you had actually
read through the posts in the topic instead of just flicking through and then making complaints, you might of seen this post [below ] from Cinderella

quote:

There are physical and energy weapons for both alignments, and from what I understand, most of them will be credit-only. Also, weapons will have parallel stats, so that neither alignment has the advantage stats-wise. We plan on adding more weapons to the shops as the war progresses.

At least wait until the weapons are out before calling them failures.

Post #: 92
6/9/2012 17:42:44   
King Helios

quote:

I'm a 12 year old and have all 4 blueprint scraps. =)

Technically, 12 y/olds shouldn't be on FB.

< Message edited by Duel Domination -- 6/9/2012 17:45:09 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
6/9/2012 17:44:09   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

I'm with you on this one, I've had finals, vacation, football practice, part time job at the mall and I still finished all the missions and then some.
Why not just keep the missions there for the inactive people who can't follow a simple quest line or ask others in game for help and give the people who actually play the game a new update?
If the update was delayed due to a bug or a problem with the sever that would be one thing but this reason is just sad.
@below
EXACTLY!

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/9/2012 17:59:15 >

Epic  Post #: 94
6/9/2012 17:57:01   
Guppy

It's the same thing releasing the weapons now, as releasing them next friday.... they'll still be here next friday even if released now. I've been waiting 2 months for this, i've completed quests along with school work, tests, exams, family events, ect. Just because random kids can't do it in time shouldn't make us who pay and actually keep up with the game missions and story-line have to wait.

@Pivotal Disorder, ya I know right, people are assuming those are the only weapons in the war. They have said more will be added throughout the war, which is better then all at once, doesn't overwhelm us with items to hurry up and buy.

< Message edited by Suika Ibuki -- 6/9/2012 17:58:41 >
Post #: 95
6/9/2012 18:09:20   
Joe10112

Remind me why they cant release the weps and kep the blueprint scraps for 1 more week at the same time?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
6/9/2012 18:11:25   
Guppy

@Joe10112, I KNOW RIGHT! I don't understand why they can't just do that, I just really don't understand why us paying loyal players who keep up with the timelines and missions have to wait for inactive kids to catch up.

Y U NO RELEASE AND KEEP AT ONCE?! e.e
quote:

Remind me why they cant release the weps and keep the blueprint scraps for 1 more week at the same time?

< Message edited by Suika Ibuki -- 6/9/2012 18:12:35 >
Post #: 97
6/9/2012 18:13:54   
King Helios

quote:

Remind me why they cant release the weps and kep the blueprint scraps for 1 more week at the same time?

I agree exactly.

quote:

I just really don't understand why us paying loyal players who keep up with the timelines and missions have to wait for inactive kids to catch up.

Quote(s) of the day.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
6/9/2012 18:31:19   
8x

You can give average players as much time as you want to get the Blueprint Scraps, but they will never get them. Why? The missions are too hard... I'm sure that most of the players who are asking how to get the blueprint scraps are below lvl 30 and non variums (and unless they know what they're doing and are fully equipped they will never finish the mission chain for the last blueprint scrap).
Epic  Post #: 99
6/9/2012 18:37:15   
Guppy

@8x, totally agree. I had difficulty defeating Snork 7 times for the first quest and I was Level 30 WITH varium stuff, including founder armor. And my gun, weapon and armor were fully enhanced also. So this week is just a waste of time we could have of interaction in the war.

< Message edited by Suika Ibuki -- 6/9/2012 18:38:08 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 8th Design Notes - Infernal Weapons Explained
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition