Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =MQ= Art Style for Next "SCMM" - We Call Them SCEM Now!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =MQ= Art Style for Next "SCMM" - We Call Them SCEM Now!
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2012 10:52:28   
Cyber doom5

i want you guys to make a legion and nulgath nation themed mecha

so we can show our pride in the other ae games

like a Champion Mech

or Demonic Mech
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
7/23/2012 14:24:13   
Zanzibaarus

I'll say this once, and I'll say it again if I need to.

Homestuck themed Mechas. There are over 12 base ideas, or you can include a randomization-type build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
7/23/2012 15:18:45   
dragonslayer_067

How about a drilling themed mecha with a body attack that lets you hide out underground and attack the next turn? Idea was inspired by the magmars in the bug war and I noticed that we haven't had a mech with that kinda ability yet...
AQ  Post #: 78
7/23/2012 15:26:32   
Gamemastersam

^i actually kinda like the idea of going into the ground and stuff. But i think drills would be kinda rediculous as a mecha theme.
DF MQ  Post #: 79
7/23/2012 15:56:33   
Glais

quote:

I'll say this once, and I'll say it again if I need to.

Homestuck themed Mechas. There are over 12 base ideas, or you can include a randomization-type build.

If anything HomeStuck, go for Lord English man! Or Problem Sleuth's Mobster Kingpin series. Black Hole themed Mech etc....many ideas.
DF MQ  Post #: 80
7/23/2012 16:29:20   
Dan2000eve

My choice is SCEM,

However if you guys are having a hard time thinking of mechas then why not use the hot tanker a few more times? The July 4th mecha was based on the hot tanker back in 2008 but maybe we can change the weapons, turn it into a different colour like a real tank after a war. So the tank series is still useful!

Visit: www.youtube.com/dan2000eve
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 81
7/23/2012 17:24:22   
Gamemastersam

a tank mecha fits as a 4oj mecha. not a SCMM. we dont have alot of floating mecha
DF MQ  Post #: 82
7/23/2012 19:46:34   
Zanzibaarus

@glaisaurus_x
If we were to do Lord English, just rip the BA for the Falcon off and run off from there. My original planning was a Mecha that based the trolls and their different skills and abilities, the head weapon could be similar to Mechatron and how it changes things such as bonuses and nerfs for weapons, except changing the entire moveset with each use, starting with one troll (represented by the horns on the head weapon) and every use changing the horns and move aesthetics which may also vary with power.

< Message edited by Zanzibaarus -- 7/23/2012 19:47:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
7/23/2012 20:14:20   
dragonslayer_067

@Gamemastersam

Well if you can't go down then I guess you can do the opposite? Fly up really high for one turn and then automatically attack the next turn. I think this would be a pretty cool and unique ability because the advantage is that you'll definitely dodge the next attack aimed at you (unless new attacks are added to counter this) but you can't change change your course of action the turn after you activate it because that's when you'll be going in for the attack. To further balance this ability the energy cost should be very high (maybe a little more than 2x the cost of a regular attack) because you'll need to remain in the air for a whole turn and while you're up in the air maybe you shouldn't be able to regen energy either...
AQ  Post #: 84
7/23/2012 21:05:45   
Gamemastersam

@^ OR what if the mecha enveloped itself in energy and burned its way into the ground? that would be awesome.
DF MQ  Post #: 85
7/24/2012 8:47:34   
keng4896

Or maybe a mecha that suddenly dissapears and attack in the next turn?
MQ  Post #: 86
7/24/2012 14:49:46   
Flufy

The new SCIM (star captin mech) should be based off of a dark knight. It should be a bit like the dark lion mech that is in game but sould have new wepons that do more damage add look cooler. (something like a dark blade creation for the head and a devestating blade combo for the body.)
Post #: 87
7/25/2012 16:31:49   
Zanzibaarus

@Flufy
One of a certain type of Mecha is good enough. Personally I think the Shadowed Arthurian Lion is good enough and it shouldn't be replaced by another copy of the same concept.

Besides, too many dark/black knights to begin with. :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
7/26/2012 20:19:35   
Underglare123

I would love to see animal styled mechs mostly

~underglare
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 89
7/26/2012 20:56:36   
Lord Areswe

I would like to see a mecha heavily based around anime parodies actually
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 90
7/26/2012 20:59:58   
Gamemastersam

@^But SCMMs are ment to be the epitome of Teks work and the pinnacle of MQ technology. An anime parody mecha (a silly mecha) would ruin the mood of the SCMMs, a usually serious, military like mecha.
DF MQ  Post #: 91
7/26/2012 21:09:41   
Hoggs Bison

^

The idea of another serious military mecha is bland, and silly mechas tend to have better specials, the Derpmachine's specials were pretty darn good...
MQ  Post #: 92
7/26/2012 21:10:07   
Selutu
Constructive

@Gamemastersam
I don't recalling there ever been a point stating that that they are the top of technology... Nor was it said that they had to be militaristic *points to Mechatron*

@Lord Arewe
I agree with you to a certain extent, but perhaps not parodies, just based upon animes. Rurouni Kenshin mecha? Soul Eater mecha? They would be really cool. Or something like a Tsuna mecha.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 93
7/26/2012 21:12:42   
Gamemastersam

@Hoggs
Which is better, derpmachine or falcon?
@Selutu
Mechatron is like even further future military
DF MQ  Post #: 94
7/26/2012 21:18:11   
Selutu
Constructive

@Gamemastersam
Derpmachine for damage, Falcon for defensive purposes.
Also the Mechatron was a reference to the Tron movie. Was it really silly? Nope. So I don't think that all references will be silly as people assume.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 95
7/26/2012 21:22:45   
BumFoolingGuy

Well they could try a second imagination of God of War from the anime called Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon and season 2 with a twist of the other actions in it and if a chance has music playing around while battling in it

Or a mixture from Danball Senki and sequel II(W)

< Message edited by BumFoolingGuy -- 7/26/2012 21:47:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
7/26/2012 22:32:24   
The Cow says MOO

Heh, I want a Tophat mech. Yes, one with ze mustache and a FREAKING GIANT TOPHAT. He could be holding a cane or something, just ze gentlemanly TOPHAT DUDE
Post #: 97
7/26/2012 23:12:18   
Glais

quote:

@glaisaurus_x
If we were to do Lord English, just rip the BA for the Falcon off and run off from there. My original planning was a Mecha that based the trolls and their different skills and abilities, the head weapon could be similar to Mechatron and how it changes things such as bonuses and nerfs for weapons, except changing the entire moveset with each use, starting with one troll (represented by the horns on the head weapon) and every use changing the horns and move aesthetics which may also vary with

So kind of like the Sepulchure's Sword Weapon? Changing could be fun. I had an idea similar to that but with a TransFormers theme.

But I will never reveal its secretsssss...

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 7/26/2012 23:13:37 >
DF MQ  Post #: 98
7/26/2012 23:15:37   
Selutu
Constructive

@BumFoolingGuy
Those would be very nice indeed. How about something from Freezing? We don't have that many female mechas in game... Only 3 series to be exact and they're all hospital related... A Pandora one wold be nice.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 99
7/26/2012 23:16:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Going to suggest the last thing any would ever expect me to suggest...a moose! With Antler Rockets too.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 7/26/2012 23:17:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =MQ= Art Style for Next "SCMM" - We Call Them SCEM Now!
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition