Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2012 20:45:44   
Razen

I can say that I'm pretty sure that my main has been all three of the houses. First he was a WolfBlade, then I recall betraying to MystRaven after I realized how bad of a Goal WolfBlade has. Afterwards, I shifted towards RuneHawk for the amazing Hair, Outfit, and Swag. It took a little while before I gathered that WolfBlade just honestly has the most selfish goal, which is odd, some would think that MystRaven would be that.

@Gamemastersam: Woah, woah, woah, TCO was reluctant to go for RuneHawk, cut him some slack. Geez.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
7/26/2012 20:49:43   
.R.M.

quote:

@^
TRAITOR!!!

Comments like these are the reasons why WolfBlade gets such a bad reputation. The Cataclysmic One isn't really a traitor. Can you even be called a traitor... In a game. For him, it was time to move on.
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
7/26/2012 20:50:56   
Gamemastersam

ok, it was a joke. not meant to be responded to geez. Why do people have to take things so seriously?

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 20:55:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 78
7/26/2012 20:59:15   
Razen

Because there was absolutely nothing to say that it wasn't deadly serious? There's a fine line between a joke and outright slandering people, hope you remember that. Even as a joke, it wouldn't exactly help WolfBlade's "Bad Rep" to joke around with stuff like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
7/26/2012 21:02:53   
Gamemastersam

It was just 1 simple word not even ment as an insult! i didnt even give a disappointing sentence about it. Its not like i accused him of betraying his country. There was nothing Deadly serious about it.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 21:04:03 >
DF MQ  Post #: 80
7/26/2012 21:05:59   
Selutu
Constructive

@Gamemastersam
Could you please calm down? Also because 1 word can be insulting when taken the wrong way, its quite hard to tell between sarcasm, a joke and seriousness on forums... *mutters something about it easier to show emotions in Japanese rather than English*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 81
7/26/2012 21:08:59   
Gamemastersam

Seriously? im not even mad! why would i be? not all exclamation marks spell anger.
DF MQ  Post #: 82
7/26/2012 21:13:40   
Selutu
Constructive

@Gamemastersam
Exclamation mark
quote:

is a punctuation mark used in English and other languages to denote an exclamatory statement such as extreme happiness, shouting, or surprise. Also used in some math and computer programming languages. The mark used as an exclamation was originally a way of writing IO, a Latin word meaning exclamation or expression of joy.

Alongside that, it is commonly used for anger, especially combined with a full capital letters.

OT: Personally I think that the rewards plays quite a large part of being people's incentive to fight in the GG, so therefore I think that the MR-only rewards needs to be buffed.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 83
7/26/2012 21:19:04   
Hoggs Bison

Newsletter will probably be posted tomorrow if you guys didn't know.

It feels like anyone who chooses Wolfblade only chooses it for the power, and favor in certain events (St. Patrick's Day for example).
I don't blame anyone who has lost all respect for Wolfblade, at one point, everyone loved Wolfblade (when people preferred offense over defense), it went downhill after everyone wanted balance and started making defensive builds.

I find this 100% true, i'm sick and tired of people always assuming Wolfblade will win simply because they always do, when players wise-up, they will realize how lackluster Wolfblade has become, and eventually realize they need to join another house that has a fair amount of respect. Players shouldn't always root for the winning team, the other houses have more interesting specials.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 21:31:05 >
MQ  Post #: 84
7/26/2012 21:29:55   
Gamemastersam

@^
quote:

everyone loved Wolfblade (when people preferred offense over defense), it went downhill after everyone wanted balance and started making defensive builds.

Offencive builds are still being used. such as dharmy. And people still love WB. Thats the reason this thread was made. Because too many people like WB over RH and MR. they dont have to be on the forums to exist you know

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 21:31:04 >
DF MQ  Post #: 85
7/26/2012 21:34:41   
Selutu
Constructive

@^
As I said before, most people like high numbers, which is why they prefer WB.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 86
7/26/2012 21:36:06   
Gamemastersam

I remember a few days ago NO ONE was posting ANYTHING and now today everytime i refresh my page theres a new post XD
DF MQ  Post #: 87
7/26/2012 21:36:19   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

There's a reason why people still love WB, because they don't read the forums too often, or don't go on the forums at all...
Offensive builds are just random power weapons and stunlocks now, people use them to steamroll. I hate Wolfblade with a passion...

Most people play MQ without knowledge from the forums telling them how to really enjoy the game, my char was pretty messed up before I signed up for this.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 21:43:46 >
MQ  Post #: 88
7/26/2012 21:41:52   
Death snake1

I for one am looking forward to just participating in this years gg, and have very high hopes that the staff have balanced the games equally. i think that the staff has worked very hard on these games and we should all try our hardest for our house. i for one am switching house, i thought i liked WB when i first started a while ago, but as i progressed and found how i liked to play i relized i didn't like it, so i am joining RH. Besides, why would i want to be a terestrial creature when i could FLY!!!! this will be an exciting year for all of the houses.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 89
7/26/2012 22:06:42   
Gamemastersam

@Hoggs
quote:

There's a reason why people still love WB, because they don't read the forums too often, or don't go on the forums at all...
Offensive builds are just random power weapons and stunlocks now, people use them to steamroll.

Most people play MQ without knowledge from the forums telling them how to really enjoy the game, my char was pretty messed up before I signed up for this.

1. No, people like WB because they are warriors.
2. The forums dont make you hate on WB. i dont use weapons, my stats are evened out and im die-hard WB. and the forums and what other people say havent changed a dang thing.
3. Steamrolling is good! especially for farming

Bold: Then i pity you. you shouldnt listen to how other people tell you to enjoy the game. Especially if your already having fun with it. My inventory will probably never be as good as som other people. do i care? no. Dont fall into peer pressure. I feel bad for anyone that decides to follow what the forumites say instead of following what they believe to be the right answer. Im not tryin to troll, just sayin that just because the forum says something doesnt mean you should follow it.
DF MQ  Post #: 90
7/26/2012 22:12:06   
Hoggs Bison

^
I'm dependent.
Hey, it actually benefited me.

I used to sell rares to buy another one, I never finished the storyline until I joined here, the reason i'm level 45 is because this forum trained me to make me become what I am now, I follow my instincts. The reason I dislike Wolfblade is because everyone realized it was lackluster. Also, I have quite the collection now, it gives me more variety to choose from.
If I want to make it here, I might as well have a respectable inventory for builds.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 22:17:08 >
MQ  Post #: 91
7/26/2012 22:23:05   
The Cow says MOO

Oh, Gamemastersam, you truly amuse me. BIG numbers? BIG numbers from WB? Were you sleepy or something? Wolfblade is the only house with a house mech that can't even defeat extreme mode with

customization(No EDSP or anything that boosts regen), for crying out loud. How 'big' are the numbers? 170 something crit on the FA? Oh w00t, big numberz /sarcasm. Oh dear, my Vladic Knight hits harder with its FA non crit,, AND it costs much less energy.

Oh, Vladic Knight is an NG mech, well fine, go get a Nova Advanced Wolf, numbers are still the same.

My point? Wolfblade sucks and I'm jumping ship to the Hawks. HAAAWWWKS!
Post #: 92
7/26/2012 22:23:47   
.R.M.

quote:

Because too many people like WB over RH and MR.

See, numbers. Exactly.

quote:

1. No, people like WB because they are warriors.

So, where's your proof that 100% of WB members joined because they're warriors?

quote:

Bold: Then i pity you.

Nooo... Not serious at all.

Anyway, some people are taking this way too seriously... You know who you are. <.< >.>

I support WolfBlade, but I'm not raging because it's not as good as the other houses. Because, really, it isn't. We win the GG, but that still doesn't mean much. The mech is an offensive mech that sucks at being offensive. It's can't be modified, really. While, the other houses have mechs that actually do things and have specials, albeit some need buffs, but at least they do things besides pure damage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 93
7/26/2012 22:24:58   
Gamemastersam

@Hoggs
quote:

The reason I dislike Wolfblade is because everyone realized it was lackluster.

1. Its only lackluster if you dont give it a chance. the MQ community minus the what... 50 people on the forums say WB is NOT lackluster. ive already said, i can match if not beat any non rare mecha with the WB and all defaults.
2. You dislike the WB because the forums dislike it. thats the following i was talking about.

quote:

Hey, it actually benefited me.

I used to sell rares to buy another one, I never finished the storyline until I joined here, the reason i'm level 45 is because this forum trained me to make me become what I am now, I follow my instincts.

Yes those are fine. but there are certain things you shouldnt listen to the forums about. such as your house. Do you think people like Stealthwings, NaturallyMaria, Theifboy, PD, Selutu etc got anywhere by doing what everyone else told them to do? You need to build your own opinion about MOST things. Unless youve been a WB you dont have the right to talk bad about it.

@Cowsaysmoo
I can beat enemies in xtreme mode. Hell, i kill ALL the enemies in xtreme mode with WB XD

quote:

How 'big' are the numbers? 170 something crit on the FA?

try 200 something

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 22:30:21 >
DF MQ  Post #: 94
7/26/2012 22:28:38   
The Cow says MOO

@^

I am a Wolfblade for three years, qualified? Stealthwings, Thief, Glai and the others don't go screaming 'RH is der best, get in nao!'.

We respect them for a reason, because they proved to us that RH/MR mechs are actually good for many kinds of challenges and bringing out the good side of their respective house mechs. Plus, they are helpful and kind. Why shouldn't we listen to them?

< Message edited by The Cow says MOO -- 7/26/2012 22:41:17 >
Post #: 95
7/26/2012 22:32:11   
Gamemastersam

@^my computer is not capable of taking pics or making vids. But ill gladly go out and hunt the enemy. but your gonna have to trust me when i say i killed it. ill even describe the fight turn by turn.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 22:34:02 >
DF MQ  Post #: 96
7/26/2012 22:33:35   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

I WAS WB when I joined, I joined MR later because they didn't rely on pure damage or stuns.
I DO listen to the forum, because I agree. You obviously don't like it when people disagree with your opinion, people who like Wolfblade think it is king simply because it has higher HP and power, without it Wolfblade would be nothing.

@The Cow Says MOO

quote:

We respect them for a reason, because they proved to us that RH/MR mechs

are actually good for many kinds of challenges and bringing out the good side of their respective house mechs. Plus, they are helpful and kind. Why shouldn't we listen to them?

This.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 22:35:01 >
MQ  Post #: 97
7/26/2012 22:35:44   
Gamemastersam

quote:

You obviously don't like it when people disagree with your opinion,

No im perfectly fine with people disagreeing with me. what i dont like is having to repeat that multiple times.
DF MQ  Post #: 98
7/26/2012 22:38:35   
The Cow says MOO

@^

Heh, I must say that your a pro then. I'll tell you why Extreme enemies can't be beaten.

1. Running out of mana
2. If turret fails, your destroying your own mana
3. The stun does not always work and will fail miserably against extreme enemies with resistance, so wasting mana against enemy with resistance.
4. You can say that you customize it into a perfect 5-turn kill OP offense build (Repulsive skull, Deluxeblade, etc.), but it ruins the purpose, as that's not even a Wolfblade mech, but a bunch of OP weapons.

If you succeed, then your a pro, but I view the mech in my own POV.

Also, about the 200 crit, how did you manage? I guess you have better power than me.
Post #: 99
7/26/2012 22:42:24   
stealthwings
Helpful

It depends on the enemy as to what it can be beaten by on extreme. The basic enemies can be beaten by anything on any difficulty, after you go to some of the later planets some cannot be.

And if we are aiming for big numbers, with the aid of RH gear (Not with RH gear, just with the aid of, without the cloverblade I would have died several hundred turns earlier) I have dealt over 10k damage. Can anyone beat that?
DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition