Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/27/2012 14:59:25   
seventy two

Wars last one week? I only remember a few that lasted that little time and almost all of those could be considered mini wars. MQ has had wars lasting over a month or strings of wars that lasted a long time. The GGs have lasted a couple weeks minimum in the past years.
AQ MQ  Post #: 151
7/27/2012 15:00:28   
jream

@dan It is like 3 to 1 which was the reason they hindered WB last year. WB is ground and pound meaning it plows through the competition. For heaven's sake, it has a howlwitzer. I don't expect WB being strategists or anything like that. And i highly doubt it will last a week.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 152
7/27/2012 16:46:52   
stealthwings
Helpful

RH and MR both have a chance to win. WB only wins because everyone else thinks they will. By saying "We r goin 2 win and u haz no chance" WBs cause their victory, since everyone else has no hope and does not fight. If everyone just said "WB will not win, this year will be different" then WB would lose. WB will lose, we just need to make it happen.
DF MQ  Post #: 153
7/27/2012 19:01:29   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Indeed, Wolfblade will lose this year.

After all now that the houses have the councils, the players have the ability to work together
in the war, veterans have an easier means to share knowledge on how to pilot the house mecha
and also they can help their fellow house members rally to enter battle!
So possibly this way will all depend on the best organised house and thier
team work!

Birds of a feather flock together, question is what do wolves do...

I guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks to find out wont we!

Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
7/27/2012 19:19:55   
megaman3234

If wolfblade won this year then I won't be surprised. The gears games shouldn't be changed. Wolfblade doesn't just win because of numbers, they win because they actually put some effort. All the other houses know they are gonna lose so they don't try. I'm sorry if I'm biased to wolfblade but Im not even in a house.
Post #: 155
7/27/2012 19:21:34   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Megaman
Posts like that are why Wolfblade wins. RH or MR could easily win, and will easily win once we dispel the illusion that WB will win.
DF MQ  Post #: 156
7/27/2012 19:46:08   
JJ55$

It'd be cool if we could finish the house side storyline from westion during the games.

@the war- if you offer me a dragon, I'll fight endlessly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
7/27/2012 19:46:46   
ScytheOfShadows

@JJ55$ I think they scrapped that...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 158
7/27/2012 19:56:36   
Gamemastersam

@Plasma Charge
quote:

Birds of a feather flock together, question is what do wolves do..

We stick together in a pack of course!

@Stealthwingz
quote:

@Megaman
Posts like that are why Wolfblade wins. RH or MR could easily win, and will easily win once we dispel the illusion that WB will win.

Wolfblade will win because of the sheer will forumlogin mentioned, numbers and because were just plain awesome and ill prove that when photobucket stops being dumb.

DF MQ  Post #: 159
7/27/2012 20:17:25   
Hoggs Bison

^

WB Mechas can easily be taken down, and it's damage can be nerfed so it's pretty much terrible VS strong mechas, and high defense builds.
Also, it can be out-damaged.
MQ  Post #: 160
7/27/2012 20:20:43   
Gamemastersam

^

and RH are strong? what happens when their already low dmg is nerfed? Im not saying WB are the strongest but they are WAY better than a RH IMO

Also, your constant bashing of my team with biased comments are starting to get irritating. i barely even insult RH but i can start if you want
DF MQ  Post #: 161
7/27/2012 20:26:09   
Hoggs Bison

^

I don't know why you worship WB so much, it's not special.
Also, RH has DEFENSE, it's defensive maneuvers can take down an enemy in time.
I hate WB with a passion, I can't help myself.
MQ  Post #: 162
7/27/2012 20:39:45   
Gamemastersam

WB is just as special as any other house. and just because a build is defensive doesnt make it perfect. And if you hate WB with a passion go hate it passionatly elsewhere. did you somehow miss the big blue text in einhanders post saying to respect eachothers opinion????
DF MQ  Post #: 163
7/27/2012 20:57:27   
Zanzibaarus

@Gamemastersam
With that comment, you are starting to stray from the rules yourself. In an attempt to protect something feasible you start bashing what others are okay with.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
7/27/2012 21:08:32   
ScytheOfShadows

Each House has its own specialty - I hope you understand. The only reason why I chose RH was because NSC mecha all revolved around offence. Thus, the only way for me to obtain good healing/DoT/EP destroying weapons was to join RH.

But that said, despite each House having a specialty, it does not mean they have mastered it. i.e. WB mecha are supposed to be damage-based, but compare it to, say... the Terri-Fi? And MR mecha are supposed to be good at avoiding hits, but mecha like the Falcon can outdo it in doing so. In a sense, it all hangs in balance. It's just the sheer unfairness of the very concept of the GEARS Games being a War that makes it so pointless and biased.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 165
7/27/2012 21:36:34   
Death snake1

I just relized that, if the gears games come out within the next two weeks, they will be going on at the same time as a cometition just as big on a worldwide level. The Olympics!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 166
7/27/2012 22:21:05   
stealthwings
Helpful

quote:

and RH are strong? what happens when their already low dmg is nerfed?

When our damage gets nerfed, we laugh at the enemy for being an idiot. When we finally finish laughing, we drain all their energy as we usually do. Then, we laugh at the enemy because they cannot attack us, just as we usually do. Then, we finish off the enemy. Given that they cannot attack during that time, it does not matter if we do 1 damager per turn or 9000, we win anyway.

Also, even if we had a different strategy which it would somehow affect, it would affect an enemy with less damage less. Assuming no boost, 50% of 50 is 25, meaning that a weapon doing 50 Damage per turn would lose 25 damage per turn with a nerf of 50, while 50% of 100 is 50, so a weapon doing 100 damage per turn would lose 50 damage per turn.

If an enemy has low damage and still has a chance at winning, nerfing damage is the last thing you want to do.
DF MQ  Post #: 167
7/28/2012 0:52:43   
forumlogin

@Hoggs
Em...might want to avoid that bias you're accusing Gamemastersan of. XD

And, honestly, can we stop with all the WB bashing? :I
It's getting boring. Heck, it was boring a long time ago.
Yeah, their mecha sucks, it's outclassed, etc. etc., whatever.

ARH still sucks for NSCs, AMR is the best in that regard. Still kinda sucky but overall better than the other 2.
Overall, if RH and MR keep on working at the goal in the same way WB does, sure, it can win.
If it slacks off in the middle like it did the last few years, it will lose. :P
Essentially, what Stealthwings said. Keep calm and carry on.
DF MQ  Post #: 168
7/28/2012 1:09:16   
Glais

I just hope they ditch the "FORCE YOU INTO A HORRIBLE MECH" rule. It really takes the fun out of it for me, because the first Gears Games had us basically soing a PVP war. Course, MQ had better balance then. Nowadays we'd have crazy things like people encountering Dharmahps and Chrono Corruptors, not fair at all.

If they get rid of that then I'll definitely help fight, if not then it's just too boring. I play a game to have fun so...
DF MQ  Post #: 169
7/28/2012 1:31:57   
forumlogin

@glai
No kidding. :I
That was prob the most boring part of the GGs, to me; having to fight in a GGHM. It'd be better if I could customize it, to at least get rid of MR's useless shoulders (and prob BA as well), or rid myself of the RH's head, or the WB's...eh, actually, the GGWB doesn't need TOO much change, though it appreciates a new head and stuff.
Still, stupid mecha are stupid. >_>
Activate your specs, dangit, or I'm going to die horribly.
DF MQ  Post #: 170
7/28/2012 1:36:46   
Glais

"Yay my specials acti-PENALTIES?!?"
DF MQ  Post #: 171
7/28/2012 4:07:43   
BumFoolingGuy

Well then hopes the rewards are full completed version of prototypes weaponry that could be just slapped into the old house weaponry shop for preview and say oh it's prototype. :O In which they have to wait until the next GG for the completed ones and a question mark of are you tired of strategy already or not in a kinda bold way of a kinda stimulated maze with newer monsters updates, in which could direct people into customization by saying planets style/effect weaponry and uses of their mech are allowed except HM in certain ones

And almost all new weaponry can be used on other mechs like the past one before this GG

< Message edited by BumFoolingGuy -- 7/28/2012 4:09:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
7/28/2012 7:40:28   
ScytheOfShadows

I still think that albeit all the disadvantages, we ought to keep the

quote:

"FORCE YOU INTO A HORRIBLE MECH"

italicised

because if we got to use our own weapons, it would become a game of which House has the most SCs and NG buyers with OP damager weapons.

Not the GEARS Games.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 173
7/28/2012 13:27:43   
forumlogin

@zccheng
Honestly speaking, if we keep the horrible mecha, chances are I will (yet again) end up giving more wins to WB than they get by actually fighting. :I
The RH and MR GGHMs are just terrible. What little virtues they do have are penalized.
The least they could do is let us equip other weps on it. Whether those other weps are from a preset shop (probably what you'd prefer, to ensure that we keep in the 'spirit' of the games), or from one's own inventory (which will be an arms race for NG/SC users), I'd like to have a reason to get my MR character to fight. As it is, he usually just dies miserably and gives lots of wins to WB before I give up.
DF MQ  Post #: 174
7/28/2012 15:29:24   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Forumlogin
Easy strategy to avoid that, eject whenever you see a WB. *Cue gamemaster same accusing you of being a coward+bragging about WB being strong* Ejecting instantly does not give the other house wins, so you only give wins to RH or MR, no matter who wins it isn't WB.
DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition