Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Improvements on influence/reviving donations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Improvements on influence/reviving donations
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2012 7:30:31   
Lord Loss...

Simple new improvement, donations should increase your influence in faction. Since the changes made in EpicDuel token donations stopped being a priority for factions, thanks to the war and the mass influence gathered in battles, a single player can get the same amount of influence from 30 minutes of battles that a flag gives you in 60 minutes. So I think that token donations should improve factions score directly, as well as your own personal influence in faction. Everybody fights in EpicDuel, it's a PVP game after all but only the most loyal members of factions are willing to donate large amounts of tokens and that should be rewarded. I understand that there are some people who don't want to be in factions , so to not give players that are loyal to a single faction too big of an advantage, I suggest that we do the same thing to donations as what was done to warkills. Warkills affect your influence in faction only by 35% and your personal influence by 100%. I think token donations should affect your influence in faction by 100% and your personal influence by 35%.

Let me know what you all think, and if you have better ideas on what to do with donations, I wanna hear them :)

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 8/4/2012 7:48:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/4/2012 15:12:36   
Sympleton

Good idea. Tokens are nearly worthless now. This would also bring back flag wars I think.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/4/2012 15:49:03   
DeathHound

Not to mention since the Arcades are long gone, Tokens serve NO purpose right now. Yes, this would increase the chance of bringing back the Flag Wars, and trying to Dominate flags. this is a great idea, in which i support greatly.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/4/2012 16:02:04   
DeathGuard

I agree with this but let me clarify you something, war kills were bought while battle tokens were earned so they should give the 100% in both Faction Influence and Personal Influence. That would reward the players who had spend more than 5k tokens donating for flags.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/4/2012 16:10:59   
King Helios

Not supported. Then everyone would put tokens in random flags for Influence. Also, now small factions can compete for flags.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/4/2012 16:18:13   
Lord Loss...

@DeathGuard I am just trying to look out for people who do not want to be in factions, just trying to make sure that nobody is hurt cuz of my idea. and no need to tell me about how hard it is to earn them, I had to save up all the way from when I became commander to when I became emperor, and it wasn't easy, I donated thousands upon thousands, but they just don't mean anything anymore. If this is implemented than players will want to donate more so it will revive flag captures, (if you pay attention, the all time flag LB is completely frozen) it will also give tokens a purpose aside from buying regular achievements. But I want this to be implemented the most to reward the more loyal players. I have been in my faction for a year now, and I want that to mean something. I donated alot of tokens and got 15k+ wins, but thx to the war, the gap between newer members and the older members of factions, became easier to close. But only members that have been as loyal as me could ammount enough tokens to be handsomely rewarded for it.

@king Helios, first of all, why do you think that people would put tokens in random flags instead of just 1 flag, I don't know. 2ndly you can't put tokens in any flag unless you are in a faction and 3rd, small factions can compete for flags, if anything this will encourage people to donate more.

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 8/4/2012 16:20:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/4/2012 16:18:48   
DeathGuard

quote:

Not supported. Then everyone would put tokens in random flags for Influence. Also, now small factions can compete for flags.

If they waste their tokens on other flags, is their problem but remember those are earned and not bought ;)
Small factions? It is the same, both earn the same amount of tokens each battle, be it 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2. Is their problem if they aren't active as other high lvl factions. Remember this is a competitive game, and therefore it must be hard to achieve your goals since not only you but others are trying to achieve the same goals.

@Lord Loss...: I can say the same, I have been over a year and a half in my faction, I had won more than 10k wins, had contributed around 8k tokens, have helped my faction to get a WD. Now I see recent players achieve what I have worked for over a year and a half and it isn't fair, that's why I want that the tokens should give 100% in Faction influence and Personal influence because I didn't donate them to get influence, I donate them to get the flag my faction has currently.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 8/4/2012 16:23:22 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/4/2012 16:21:43   
King Helios

quote:

I am just trying to look out for people who do not want to be in factions, just trying to make sure that nobody is hurt cuz of my idea

You can't donate unless you're in a faction. Do you wish to change that?

How about an achievement for donating 3,000, 5,000 and/or 10,000 tokens in the same faction?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/4/2012 16:24:35   
Lord Loss...

quote:

You can't donate unless you're in a faction. Do you wish to change that?

No, you obviously haven't read my first post carefully. I said that donations should affect your influence in faction at 100% and total personal inf by 35%, so if you are one of those players that don't like to be in factions, the ones that are in factions don't get a big advantage over you.

quote:

How about an achievement for donating 3,000, 5,000 and/or 10,000 tokens in the same faction?

Uhm, as stated above, this idea is to reward loyal members and revive flag wars. why waste 10k tokens to get a 2500 rating cheevo, instead of buying achievements worth 10k tokens which will give you 10k rating.

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 8/4/2012 16:27:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/4/2012 16:29:47   
King Helios

Yes, I read that, but to donate to a flag you have to be in a faction and have 250+ influence in it.

The cheevo idea was for people at a high rating that bought all the achievements.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/4/2012 16:30:24   
DeathGuard

@Lord Loss: Still, the rating points can be higher. That way loyal members who have donated that high amount would be rewarded for their support to the faction they belong, don't you think?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/4/2012 16:34:07   
King Helios

I was thinking:

3K Tokens: 1,500 Rating

5K Tokens: 2,500 Rating

10K Tokens: 4,000 Rating

20K Tokens: 7,500 Rating

100K Tokens: 10,000 Rating

Is 20K too much rating?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/4/2012 16:44:01   
DeathGuard

quote:

3K Tokens: 1,500 Rating

5K Tokens: 3,000 Rating

10K Tokens: 5,000 Rating

20K Tokens: 10k Rating

50k: Tokens 20k rating

100K Tokens: 30k Rating

This way Only the ones who really have supported their faction will be rewarded for their effort.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 8/4/2012 16:45:02 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/4/2012 16:45:27   
Lord Loss...

I still think achievements are an unnecessary bonus, and I am not biased here, cuz I have enough donations to get those 7500 rating (or 10k rating according to deathguard) myself. achievements would be nothing but extra perks and they would attract rating hunters (who would probably just donate and get out of the fac), I just want tokens to give influence cuz I truly believe that if a player was unselfish enough to donate so much, then he deserves those to boost his influence in the faction. after all if you donate to a faction and help it take control of the flag, naturally you gain influence in that faction, it's only logical.

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 8/4/2012 17:07:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/4/2012 16:53:23   
DeathGuard

@Lord Loss... : Those achievements won't hurt. Anyways if the donator gets out of the faction, the faction isn't affected ; it is just affected if the founder boots him before 30 days of inactivity. I wasn't selfish and donated many tokens to get over that flag, if I wouldn't donate my tokens to my first faction and my current faction, I would have around 17k tokens which will give a big boost to my rating and make closer to 8 stars., but I decided to help the factions by donating and I'm still 6th stars. I could agree for some persons this won't do, but for the supporters this would be a happy reward for all their work and support for their factions, this won't hurt anybody because we will be getting what we have worked for.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/4/2012 17:04:21   
Lord Loss...

well deathguard, you have to be realistic now. what you are asking for is too much, let me remind you that the biggest achievement in ED is elite and founder which give no more than 5500. and those are perma rare, and the biggest non rare achievement in ED is tungsteon fist which gives only 3k rating. so it's highly unlikely that the devs would make an achievement to equal and/or greatly surpass the perma rare and extremely valuable elite and founder achievements.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/4/2012 17:06:58   
DeathGuard

Not necessarily, but we can low down rating points. At last, any rating points given for donating the tokens would help every supporter no matter how low it would be.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/4/2012 17:59:07   
King Helios

Adjustment time!

3K Tokens: 1,000 Rating

5K Tokens: 1,500 Rating

10K Tokens: 2,500 Rating

20K Tokens: 3,750 Rating

50K: Tokens 5,000 Rating

100K Tokens: 7,272 Rating
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/4/2012 18:06:40   
liy010

quote:

3K Tokens: 3,000 Rating

5K Tokens: 5,000 Rating

10K Tokens: 10,000 Rating

20K Tokens: 20,000 Rating

50K: Tokens 50,000 Rating

100K Tokens: 100,000 Rating

Hm. Now it's equal as if you were buying then :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/5/2012 6:00:55   
Lord Loss...

Guys I don't mean to sound rude, but we already deducted that there is no chance of an achievement worth 5k rating to be implemented, especially for something simple as donations. Please post only realistic suggestions about the above mentioned topic and no need to repeat the same ideas as your fellow player. =3
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/5/2012 6:11:08   
Ranloth
Banned

Quite a good idea, Lossy, it's interesting since people did donate a lot of Tokens and they seem to be wasted now due to lower Influence and the War which renders them quite useless for time being. And personal influence is also based on the fact if you're in a faction or not, and whilst Tokens may raise Faction's Influence, you get nothing out of it which isn't good trade for all 'em Tokens.

Edited bit out as per request.

< Message edited by Trans -- 8/5/2012 7:45:17 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
8/5/2012 9:44:00   
rej

Supported. Anything that gives battle tokens a purpose is a good idea right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/6/2012 8:21:48   
Smackie El Frog

I like it! Flags are a joke right now. They need something new and fresh to bring it back to their glory days.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
8/8/2012 5:14:54   
Lord Loss...

Glad you guys like the idea, with any hopes it will be implemented :D :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Improvements on influence/reviving donations
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition