Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2012 13:25:48   
Oba

quote:

Have you tried it? I've seen some really good 5 focus Mercs.

I am a 5 focus merc, and as I said before, Ive been that for awhile (but i changed to some other classes during the war). I consider myself as a rather good one aswell, seeing I win plenty of battles. But as soon as Im against a 5 focus CH, with EMP, I might aswell just leave the battle.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 176
8/12/2012 13:33:44   
AQWPlayer

As a nerf to CH, static charge should do no damage (and of course, no rage) and perhaps return SLIGHTLY more energy. As for general balancing, the defenses that passive armors provide should be reduced by half except for hybrid armor. It would also help to either lower the percentage for bloodlust or make strength improve slower.
AQW  Post #: 177
8/12/2012 13:35:28   
shadesofblue

@Oba
Use Tesla Armor E, then put all your enchancements to Dex, and Atom Smash them back. Massacre and Heal is a crucial part of 5 focus CH's; without them, you have a good chance to win even if you can't heal yourself. Atom Smasher only takes 6 energy :P And with that much Dex, they very rarely will block you.

@Above
I think +6 Resistance at Max is a good idea; we won't be so tanky that way.

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/12/2012 13:37:51 >
AQW  Post #: 178
8/12/2012 13:41:22   
Oba

quote:

^Use Tesla Armor E, then put all your enchancements to Dex, and Atom Smash them back. Massacre and Heal is a crucial part of 5 focus CH's; without them, you have a good chance to win even if you can't heal yourself. Atom Smasher only takes 6 energy :P

If I did that, I wont have much tech, which means that my bunker and bot is weaker and I have no heavy dmg attack. As as for now, I have 45+51 dex, yet do atom smasher gets blocked very often.

No matter what, there is no way you can compare a atom smasher/assimilation attack with EMP. EMP needs a nerf, and so it have since CH got static charge.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 179
8/12/2012 13:55:23   
shadesofblue

^Umm CH's always had Static Charge
AQW  Post #: 180
8/12/2012 14:16:56   
Oba

^Whops! I meant plasma armor.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 181
8/12/2012 15:15:59   
Midnightsoul

Infernal Android needs a slow dmg scaling...I'm like destroying everyone with this bot...even with ppl that have the bot themselves
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 182
8/12/2012 17:45:33   
darksorrow

@midnightsoul: if feel as though the point of the bot is to make tank builds slightly more relevant.
as a sidenote, personally, I don't find str bloods to be very scary. all you need is a decent heal, and decent (115-ish) hp. however, I agree with those who think fireball should have a slight nerf.
plasma armor isn't THAT bad. as long as you have rage and physical weps of some form, you should do fine. however, cybers' emps are annoying as heck. :/ maybe give them assimilation instead?
the only class that I feel is kind of underpowered is the tactical merc. i honestly feel sorry for them.
Post #: 183
8/12/2012 18:33:05   
Calogero

the fact that the bot can pierce trough my resistance of 34 +1 +5 and trough my energy shield of 22
should make a point that it's OP...

I don't mind pure damage Bots but getting hit by 50 non rage, no crit trough my defences is just sick

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
8/12/2012 19:10:32   
MrBones

This new bot is killing the game.
Epic  Post #: 185
8/12/2012 19:14:14   
veneeria

@Mrbones Switch it to a missile special attack which damages with physical attacks ... Cyberhunters may cry though.

Btw what do you think of http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20570514&mpage=5&key=� ?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
8/12/2012 20:19:58   
fhiz

Gah! Even though I bought and use the new bot, it seriously just needs to go away. I don't know if the devs intended to make the game suck with this update, but weather it was there goal or not, it does suck. It is the same as the beginning of delta when tactical mercenary we're unbeatable. I think I'll do the same as I did back then and quit until they get it fixed. Good luck to everyone.
Post #: 187
8/12/2012 21:00:47   
kittycat

The new bot does pose a threat as well as a benefit. I do advise bringing down the power though.
AQ MQ  Post #: 188
8/12/2012 22:41:37   
Naruto Uzamaki

okay we only wait to get rage of course were going do alot damage just like every attack on and for static we do get alot of blocks if u want us to bad on damage on you then malf us or have high dex and tech built to begin with most of you guys are having like 22 27 come on people. Are we for getting blood mages are more OP then rest of us what all need is up grade of are skills.
Post #: 189
8/12/2012 22:50:53   
Mother1

Oh sure as soon as a bot that actually promotes the focus build comes out everyone want the bot nerfed. In all honestly the Admins have been wanting users to use more balanced builds and have been doing things to try to promote this. However, at the same time in the past most users who did this would get creamed by people who used Tank, strength build etc.

Now a bot comes along that finally promotes the balance build comes and everyone is whining nerf the bot nerf the bot it is too powerful! hey guess what. Everyone has a choice on weather to use the new bot or not since unlike most bots you can get it with credits. The admins made it this way so everyone can enjoy the new bot not just the users of varium.

Also for all of those complaining about there is no cap there actually is. It all depends on the build you use. Plus this bot actually give Non variums a better fighting chance against variums players since in most cases Varium player have the clear advantage.

But onto the class subject if CH were nerfed I remember it when it happened. Their static was weakened from 44% energy recovery at max to 29% which makes a lot of difference. Also plasma armor was weakened by 1 point at max as well. Not onto the EMP thing instead of weaking it move it further down the tier bar like with the bounty hunter's and move up the defense matrix to the top spot. That way if they want it so badly they will have to pay for it with a skill point like bounty hunters do instead of having it no matter what.

Also TLM should get back a debuff since they are now the only class without one. I mean seriously how it is balanced in any way that this class doesn't have a debuff while the rest of the classes do. Tech mages and Cyber hunter have malf, Blood mage and Merc have intimate, Bounty hunters have smoke, But Tech merc doesn't have one. Not to mention thanks to the 'Balance skills' update Tech merc's poison attack was nerfed along with Merc hybrid armor.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/12/2012 23:01:58 >
Epic  Post #: 190
8/12/2012 22:56:23   
Bunshichi

quote:

Also TLM should get back a debuff since they are now the only class without one.

Exactly, its nearly impossible to beat a cyber hunter without one.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
8/12/2012 23:23:40   
Scyze

Juggernaut and 2v2 battles are no longer fair along with 1v1. The new Bot is doing high damage. Sometimes over 100. It is ruining some people's win ratio. You need to nerf the bot for the damage scale to slowly rise. When you meet someone with a 95 Health build. He/she's gone.

You either should increase the chance for the Special ability to have a high chance to be blocked/deflected or make the damage rise
slowly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
8/12/2012 23:45:49   
Mother1

malicous neos if a nerf is chosen out of the two I would have to go with the deflection. If it is made blockable while it might benefit some of the weaker players it would just make it where the old dominating classes would be doing just that dominating again. With the deflection at least some damage would be done and it wouldn't be a complete waste of a turn.
Epic  Post #: 193
8/13/2012 0:01:07   
alkenchurch

Well for me main problems are basically Blood Mages [BM] because they basically have only one strategy in mind when in battle and it's all basically strength and they rely on their class being overpowered [OP] and with it leaving the rest of the classes being vulnerable to them so they need to be nerfed down asides from that the other classes are just fine for now. I actually got a lot of losing streak to Blood Mages when I was still a tech mage so I had no choice but to turn cyber hunter for better builds to beat the blood mages.

~Lord Alkenchurch
AQ Epic  Post #: 194
8/13/2012 0:23:42   
AQWPlayer

This just came to me...in order for balance to take place, the community must improve first. There's such a huge percentage of kids that abuse varium in this game that if actual balance comes, they will no longer be able to win by abusing and therefore they quit paying. These kids need to grow up and start using their brains instead...
AQW  Post #: 195
8/13/2012 0:36:10   
Mr. Black OP

^
That's why instead of making the game so kid oriented (12/13 and under) to something like geared towards 13-18 at least.
Also we need to make the game so its not so black and white (in terms of story).

But on topic. Quick idea how about when we nerf a certain build we put a slight buff (remove/lower requirement or something similar) on other builds of the same class in order to increase creativity and prevent class hopping.
Epic  Post #: 196
8/13/2012 0:39:07   
Hun Kingq

Does not matter where you move EMP I was hit with a Level 3 and it took away 42 points of energy it improves with tech too much. Atom smasher is no better.

With Plasma Cannon a 25% chance for critical strike and ignores 20% of your opponent’s resistance, I have rarely seen it happening. The biggest mistake they made was taking technician from the Blood Mage class.

They could have gave the Blood Mage a new skill that either improves with tech or support that improves tech limiting the effect of Malfunction.

It is the staff decisions of forcing majority of Blood Mages to strength builds but removing things nerfing things but the last straw was messing with the multis. How many here have seen multi builds since the change happened? Out of all the battles during the war I have only seen two.

I have a dex tech build with higher support than other tanks but they block, deflect and get critical damage more often than I do, something is wrong with that picture.

A player with health above 94 should be taking more damage than a player with higher dex and tech,

I have told everyone that there will be further balance issues when we reach Level 35 as things change things need to be adjusted.

Nerfing Blood Mages is not the answer to get players away from strength builds. If you want to lay blame on those influx of strength builds lay blame where blame should be laid, the staff. I for one have warned the staff of what would happen if they implement the change but the rest of you, went and said, "That is a great idea, kiss, kiss, kiss." If you want to see less strength Blood Mages and more variety builds among that class than give that class better skills to complement the skills they have, not the skills from other classes. Fix Blocking, deflecting and critical damage.

The new bot does not need to be nerfed it is the classes and skills that need to be dealt with.
Epic  Post #: 197
8/13/2012 1:09:45   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Does not matter where you move EMP I was hit with a Level 3 and it took away 42 points of energy it improves with tech too much. Atom smasher is no better.

My level 3 is 31 energy, so he was either tech abuse OR you made a typo.
quote:

With Plasma Cannon a 25% chance for critical strike and ignores 20% of your opponent’s resistance, I have rarely seen it happening.

It crits just as often as bunker buster it's fine, the only thing that needs to be done is remove the requirement to encourage builds other than strength.
quote:

They could have gave the Blood Mage a new skill that either improves with tech or support that improves tech limiting the effect of Malfunction.

You have 2 offensive skills that improve with tech and E shield does to a certain extent limit malfunction.
quote:

I have a dex tech build with higher support than other tanks but they block, deflect and get critical damage more often than I do, something is wrong with that picture.

Not at all, you are using 3 stats while a tank CH only uses dexterity so they block more, they also have malf so they deflect more, and criticals have ALWAYS been broken. Similar thing with other classes.
quote:

A player with health above 94 should be taking more damage than a player with higher dex and tech,

That's called agility and it killed all creativity in the game.
quote:

I have told everyone that there will be further balance issues when we reach Level 35 as things change things need to be adjusted.

And you haven't listed one actual balance problem so far other than broken RNG and the usual "BMs need a buff!!1!"
quote:

Nerfing Blood Mages is not the answer to get players away from strength builds. If you want to lay blame on those influx of strength builds lay blame where blame should be laid, the staff. I for one have warned the staff of what would happen if they implement the change but the rest of you, went and said, "That is a great idea, kiss, kiss, kiss." If you want to see less strength Blood Mages and more variety builds among that class than give that class better skills to complement the skills they have, not the skills from other classes. Fix Blocking, deflecting and critical damage.

That's like blaming God for the stupid decisions people make, the BMs CHOSE to be strength BMs and the class jumpers CHOSE to become BMs. That's why the majority of all ideas target just the strength BM community as opposed to the entire BM population, I am evne for giving slight buffs to other builds that aren't used as often when the OP build of that class is nerfed.
quote:

The new bot does not need to be nerfed it is the classes and skills that need to be dealt with.

I cannot stop laughing at this part, it is obviously the best bot in the game if not the best item in the game.
Epic  Post #: 198
8/13/2012 1:10:50   
The Hidden Legend

Nvm

< Message edited by The Hidden Legend -- 8/13/2012 1:32:13 >
Epic  Post #: 199
8/13/2012 1:46:38   
Drianx

The new bot was thrown into the game without even being tested and thought about.

It doesn't even feel like a bot actually, I feel like fighting the dam vault door itself, with its unforgiving 30 million HP.

It isn't even good as an April the 1st joke.

Suggestions:
- Make all its attacks blockable with 50% fixed chance to be blocked.
- Make robot's damage NOT to be boosted by debuffs, such as Malfunction or Smoke - just like the war grenades were.
AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition