Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= August 7th Design Notes - This Is The End, Beautiful Friend

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 7th Design Notes - This Is The End, Beautiful Friend
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2012 14:21:50   
FrostWolv

quote:

The Infernal Android will be available first to the winning alignment, and its special attack is related to its origin in the Vaults; the longer a battle lasts, the more damage the special attack does!

I guess TLM will be on track as the bot will have a nice synergy with their 5 focus tank tec abuse build + TLM can put a long battle (unless str BM pawns them with their fast kill build)

Epic  Post #: 26
8/7/2012 16:41:04   
rej

quote:

the longer a battle lasts, the more damage the special attack does!

That sounds like a balance nightmare. Oh well, I'm glad I brought my Tank Build.

I notice that there is no mention of a Boss Fight against the queen mechachillid. Does this mean that one of the most anticipated parts of the War will not even exist?

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/7/2012 17:10:16   
Vypie

I think they are saving the best for last. Why spoil it now? ;)

And i believe the bot reward is just like the rewards we got from defeating each Vault door. Available to both alignments, but one gets the chance to try it first.
Is the final reward yet to be revealed?
Epic  Post #: 28
8/7/2012 17:35:25   
DestruRaGe

Oh new interesting robot and a version for nonvars! Im impressed. Seems like devs wanna encourage ppl to use tank builds.
I wonder if that mighty Titan weapon will have a nonvar version^^

< Message edited by DestruRaGe -- 8/7/2012 17:36:28 >

Epic  Post #: 29
8/7/2012 17:51:36   
Fay Beeee

Ninja'd by Nightwraith

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 8/7/2012 17:53:46 >
Epic  Post #: 30
8/7/2012 18:12:36   
Naruto Uzamaki

well its shame fay isn't mod any more does that mean kess for love too is not mod as well
Post #: 31
8/7/2012 20:26:13   
ngshuyi94

Wait, so that means only the cruisers will be gone, right?

I assume that the rest of the weapons, auxs, etc will still be there?

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 32
8/7/2012 20:34:51   
xGreen Warriorx

^ The alignment-specific part of the cruisers will be gone, but there will still be a mechachillid cruiser.

quote:

...the Infernal Android comes in both varium and credit-only flavors.

Are the varium and credit versions going to be the same? Or is the varium one going to be better?
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
8/7/2012 20:40:04   
AQWPlayer

We need a Captain Obvious here. Anyone?
spoiler:

The varium version of the bot will be better
AQW  Post #: 34
8/8/2012 0:21:47   
Angels Holocaust

Out with the old and in with the new. It's only a matter of time before the DEVS select a new mod. Once the vault is broken will players be able to recruit players into their factions again? Thank God this war is over, it's done nothing buy halt faction progress, I'm glad that this nightmare is over!
Post #: 35
8/8/2012 1:54:54   
Jatar The Legend

Still annoyed that Exile has to pay for the bot we're supposed to be winning like I said in my post that...oh yeah, it got deleted. Just like every other perfectly sensible post on here that suggests actions that take away from the dev's revenue. Oh well.

Fay :[
DF  Post #: 36
8/8/2012 2:19:11   
Naruto Uzamaki

I thought Angels Holocaust was fay beee for second lol
Post #: 37
8/8/2012 2:51:20   
GoldenNeo

WAIT WHAT? A new non-var robot and another new non-var armor?!?!?! Is this real?!
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/8/2012 2:59:31   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Where did you get the part about new non-var armours?
Post #: 39
8/8/2012 3:01:26   
GoldenNeo

Iunno really. Im not sure. lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/8/2012 3:28:34   
Jekyll

Excited about the new bot, just going to get the non-var for fun. I expect the special to be of the same power, just the base damage will be different.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/8/2012 3:49:31   
Nexus...

Love the Doors <3

Agree with Angels, this war halted progress and increased revenue as usual, glad its over and done with as it wasn't an enjoyable experience. Also agree with Jatar, these forums go directly against our first ammendment rights, as there is no freedom of speech or freedom of expression allowed (if it has any kind of negative conotation)

Fay:

Tip -

Step 1 of choosing a mod: Make sure the person wants to be a Mod
Step 1 of applying to be a mod: Make sure you want to be a Mod and can handle the responsibilities set forth

You will be missed, but I'm sure we will still see you around the game =)

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 42
8/8/2012 4:49:07   
ansh0

quote:

Thank God this war is over, it's done nothing buy halt faction progress, I'm glad that this nightmare is over!

Because Legion is losing?
Epic  Post #: 43
8/8/2012 4:58:03   
Darkwing

the new robot doesn't sound special, unless you fight tanks
Post #: 44
8/8/2012 8:07:09   
Shock Value

I'm merely disappointed because the side that breaks through the final vault first gets the bot earlier. In the end, players on the losing side can get it as well, so how is this "winner takes all"? The only thing the winner gets is having the "first stab at using it".

Won't there be something more permanent for the alignment that breaks through the final vault first, aside from the achievements? It doesn't make sense that the winners don't receive items exclusively theirs, as that is the point of a war. Why fight the war when both sides get the same prizes in the end?

On another note, shouldn't the 'Infernal Conquerer' achievement be worth more than 2500 points?
Assuming that the Exiles win, their achievement from breaking the 2nd door combined with the 'Infernal Conquerer' achievement will have a total of 4000 points.
The legion's achievements for breaking the first and third door, combined with the 'Break On Through' achievement' will have a total of 3950 points, giving the Exiles a mere 50 points extra for winning the war. I suggest that either the 'Infernal Conquerer' achievement be worth more than 2500 points, or that the 'Break On Through' achievement be available to both the winning AND losing side.

~Shock

Founder&TechMage.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/EDShockValue

Character Page: http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=Shock%20Value
Epic  Post #: 45
8/8/2012 9:46:26   
Silver Sky Magician

quote:

Why fight the war when both sides get the same prizes in the end?

The point of the war was never for the winning side to get more or better material advantages. Hence the fact that one side could have lost the battles for the first three doors, win the last one and still win the war overall. The point of the war was for the winning side to get a storyline advancement which was favourable to their side, or at least unfavourable to the opposing side.

Frysteland set the precedent for war reward policy; the winning side does not receive additional material benefits as compared to the losing side, save for extra or better achievements. While the devs promised to revamp the war system, particularly the part regarding varium overreliance, I do not think that they mentioned addressing the rewards each side received. In any case, I believe that additional material rewards (excluding achievements) for the winning side would encourage players who have hitherto not participated in the war to do so on part of the winning side when it became clear which side would win. That is clearly undesirable.
Post #: 46
8/8/2012 9:51:31   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

If both sides did not have access to the new bot, players would be extremely upset, claiming it wasn't fair that only one side gets the item. It also makes sense from a logical standpoint- both sides are fighting their part of the same door, comparable items should be behind both doors.

@Angels- I apologize sincerely for any difficulties your faction has had due to forcing players to declare alignment for the duration of the war. I assure you that inconveniencing you or any other founder of a powerful faction was not the intended purpose, but to prevent faction jumping during the war, which would be an even bigger "nightmare" as you put it. I know you've suggested personal alignment before, but that would mean that you could only recruit players who share your faction's alignment and present the same problems for you.

@Nexus- glad to see someone recognizes my references! Couldn't resist referencing the Doors when we're breaking down doors...
Post #: 47
8/8/2012 9:53:29   
vulkan

so...weve spent loads of time breaking down this door.

theres a lot of rocks in the mine... what if there was a key under one of them?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/8/2012 9:57:19   
Silver Sky Magician

@Cindy

Just curious: why didn't Legion just ask Baelius for the key?
Post #: 49
8/8/2012 10:12:23   
drinde

^
Because that would be cheating. :p

Maybe he lost it?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 7th Design Notes - This Is The End, Beautiful Friend
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition