Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Vault "Reward"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Vault "Reward"
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2012 11:48:38   
Jatar The Legend

In the design notes that were very recently posted, I noticed that the winning alignment would receive access to a new bot before the other alignment, as stated in the quote below:

quote:

As mentioned before, the alignment to power through this final Vault door first will win the Infernal War, as well as control over the Infernal Mines. Not enough for you? How about a new bot?

The Infernal Android will be available first to the winning alignment, and its special attack is related to its origin in the Vaults; the longer a battle lasts, the more damage the special attack does! As mentioned just up there, the winning alignment will have first stab at using it, and the Infernal Android comes in both varium and credit-only flavors.

You know, I think we can all give a round of applause to everyone on the EpicDuel staff for bringing us this war. They learned from the Frysteland war and changed many things this go-round, and created an interesting, easy to follow storyline along with it. However, I do have one problem with the final chapter of this war: the reward behind the final vault.

This is the final vault of the Infernal Infiltration war. By far, it has been the toughest of the four, and has taken the longest to break down. Each Vault has had some sort of costly reward behind it (First Vault: a shop containing the Mechachillid Armor, Second Vault: Access to 35 and new sidearms, Third Vault: A new shop containing new non-varium weapons and varium auxilaries). This one seems no different, and based on the price of bots today, the new bot sounds like a pricey one. My question to you is: Why is the winning alignment paying for something that they should have won?

Say Legion comes back hard in the next 2-3 days and wins it. It's a very close finish, and legion just barely scrapes it out. Does Legion really win anything? They get access to a new, 1,000 varium + bot just minutes before exile? What's the use in that?

I hate to say it, but that scenario doesn't seem likely. So let's say Exile and Legion hold their respective paces, and exile ends up winning by 3,000,000 vault damage. Hoo-Rah. Exile is victorious. Now, the Exiles look at a new shop held by a war NPC, and see a non-varium bot and a varium bot. Wait, they have to pay for it? Why? They won! They have no advantage over Legion after the legion vault hits 0. There is no reward for Exile.

Maybe I should've posted this about the whole war, how each alignment should have gotten their respective weapons for free or what-not. Maybe the EpicDuel staff doesn't want to cause a flame war over giving people free varium weapons. But the fact is, we deserve them. Legion deserves their weapons, and we deserve ours. I'm not one to come about making demands, and I'm certainly not trying to now, but there really is no win in the end.

What do we get from this?

The answer, is wasted varium. Wasted cash.

DF  Post #: 1
8/7/2012 11:54:31   
Renegade Reaper

the reward for exiles is that we will control the mines, not legion.

quote:

My question to you is: Why is the winning alignment paying for something that they should have won?

we have to pay for it because if we were to get stuff for free, epic duel wouldn't get the money to keep the game running for us.
'but', i also think that when we destroy this vault first, we should pay a slightly lesser price for the bots and anything else after
this last vault.

~Renegade Reaper

< Message edited by reaper666 -- 8/7/2012 11:55:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/7/2012 13:02:45   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

we have to pay for it because if we were to get stuff for free, epic duel wouldn't get the money to keep the game running for us.
'but', i also think that when we destroy this vault first, we should pay a slightly lesser price for the bots and anything else after
this last vault.

ED makes more money than most other AE games, the only one that surpasses it is AQW (not by much) and they have way more players and its advertised on TV. Also AE pays for the servers so even if ED's income is slightly reduced they have nothing to worry about.

If they give us 1 free weapon every now and then people wouldn't be calling it a cash sink.
Epic  Post #: 3
8/7/2012 13:05:55   
King Helios

quote:

...and its advertised on TV.

Wait...what?

The winning side gets early access to the new Infernal Bot, as well as bragging rights.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/7/2012 13:10:18   
Dreiko Shadrack

And control of the mines, whatever that means.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/7/2012 13:10:21   
liy010

^AQW has a TV ad in the US, I think.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/7/2012 15:14:53   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I would have liked if the winning side got say, a 50% price reduction, or even 25%, through all of the doors

But whatever, the winner only wins an achievement, that's all

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 8/9/2012 17:34:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/7/2012 15:27:31   
Jatar The Legend

^That's what's annoying, we work hard and win the war and for our reward we get to buy bots...lol
DF  Post #: 8
8/7/2012 15:35:42   
Bunshichi

I'm in favor of a price reduction for the winning side

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 8/9/2012 17:34:38 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/7/2012 15:52:26   
Viesty

Yeah, the reward better be worth it...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/7/2012 16:00:05   
8x

Price reduction or free weapons just wouldn't be fair. I'll be happy if we get 4th Vault Breaker achievement and this:
quote:

Loyalty is the Key

Just a reminder that the special Alignment Shops will remain open for the duration of the conflict, and will be periodically updated with more items (though not this week). Don’t like what’s available? After the Infernal Infiltration War is won, the Legion or Exile Key will be converted into an achievement!
(taken from design notes)
Epic  Post #: 11
8/7/2012 16:26:21   
ansh0

Who cares?

I just want my bragging rights :3

But then again, I is A-grade Ebil. >:]
Epic  Post #: 12
8/7/2012 16:30:49   
AQWPlayer

quote:

I just want my bragging rights :3

I just want my bot :P
AQW  Post #: 13
8/7/2012 16:35:55   
DunkThatOreo

This is titans way of trolling us, weeks of pointless battles and our reward is items we have to buy, oh and i guess achievements which help us in no way.
Epic  Post #: 14
8/7/2012 17:04:21   
Vypie

Think about this:

EVERY vault door had a reward behind it for BOTH alignments, where one would obtain it first than the other.
It is only normal that the 4th vault door had a similar reward, it would make sense.

I dont think they have talked about the true final reward. I dont know, but... only a single item rewarded for the whole War? I'm not sure..
Epic  Post #: 15
8/7/2012 17:47:25   
  Nightwraith

Sorry this wasn't in the DNs at first but:

quote:

Also, the first alignment to breach the Delta Vault will receive the Infernal Conqueror achievement worth 2500 rating points! The other alignment will still receive the Break On Through achievement worth 950 rating points! I would show the artwork for the achievements, but they're a bit...spoilery.

Post #: 16
8/7/2012 17:49:59   
Ranloth
Banned

Good news for my 3rd if Exile wins since it'll be another Star for him, although my Legion chars wouldn't mind the 2.5K either. Either way, it's a good reward because you get 1550 more Points + your Key will change into another cheevo.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
8/7/2012 18:11:45   
Eventus

Moved to ED Suggestions, since much of the content here suggest alternate routes for the devs to take - and if this is not the case, then it can only fall under thread misplacement or spam (complaints). It was either this or a complete deletion, as a discussion would need to be in the appropriate War Discussion thread. Carry on!
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/8/2012 11:44:35   
DeathHound

I'm both Legion and Exile, and i feels as though i fit in here:

My characters for legion kept pushing the Vault back, while other Legion members slacked up.
My characters for Exile kept pushing the Vault back, while other Exile members kept pushing as well.

As far as the rewards, i would've expected as much to be honest. Along the way, both alignments received weapons along the way (i completely stress ALL THE WAY), as previously stated above, but i do think the Devs... "Over-sold" it a little. They made it sound like it was going to be some epic OMGOMGOMG prize wroth all of this trouble (Which, at the moment, i think it is not [or maybe its because my strongest is in Legion...]). Part of me is saying, "We should be grateful for getting a bot along with all of those other weapons" as the other part says, "We would eventually get those weapons, anyway. So they brought it out now, which CANNOT be an excuse, so just a Bot is not worth it".

whichever side you choose, i believe that MORE could be behind this Vault than the Devs let on. Either way, i highly doubt this is it. If it is, I'm dissapointed greatly not only because of the lengths everyone had to take, and how much time was devoted, but because they lost their creativity with the rewards from events.

< Message edited by DeathHound -- 8/8/2012 11:47:09 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/9/2012 14:03:38   
Xs4ntaX

Maybe the winning side should get some kind of discount on the Infernal bots? Just a little one 25%-50%, nothing too high and defiantly not free, although that's be awesome. ;)

I am both Legion and Exile so I don't really care who wins the war. :P
Post #: 20
8/9/2012 16:08:39   
Lord Machaar

Lemme give u this simple equalation:

Legion Breached through 2 vaults = 1500 RP (rating points) for first one + 1500 Rating points for seecond one + 950 rating points for breaking through 4th vault in second vault which means 3950 in the overall.

Exile Breached through 2 vaults (i think 4th vault is gone for exiles) = which means 1500 RP for 2nd vault + 2500 RP for breaking through 4th vault first which means 4000 in the overall.

So clearly the difference is 50 RP, that's for the rewards... and about the infernal mines, imma tell you something Legion controlled frysteland, it's like nothing, a legion commander died after that, and the story-line is still the same like nothing happened... So, there is nothing to argue about, important is how much influence u collected from the war and how much you enjoyed it...

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/9/2012 16:10:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 21
8/9/2012 16:13:56   
Killer666

50 rating points isnt worth it... i honestly think we should get "1" Item that the legion cannot get
Epic  Post #: 22
8/9/2012 17:31:50   
Lord Machaar

dude up there... When legion won frysteland did they received something that exile didn't get not even 50 RP... use your mind please!
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
8/9/2012 18:01:53   
rayniedays56

Exiles also get a dibs on the Infernal Android also.

So, in all, Exiles win 50RP, first dibs on the Infernal Android, and control over the Infernal Mines.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Vault "Reward"
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition