Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Bot
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2012 23:36:56   
shadesofblue

@Mother
I agree with you on the deflecting, but trust me; 3 turns is no problem for a CH like me. The pattern goes: Normal bot, malfunction, static/heal, massacre, (rage) bot special. The massacre will do around 40-50, and the bot will do 60-70. Your opponent is almost guaranteed to be dead by round 6 if you have the proper stats.

@ND Mallet
I think it's a good idea to have it stay un-rare, but we don't want the bot so powerful that: Non-Varium with Infernal Android > Varium without Infernal Android

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/11/2012 23:40:25 >
AQW  Post #: 101
8/11/2012 23:37:12   
Mr. Black OP

^
Don't have to worry about that too much, Variums still have around 40 more stat points and due to this non vairum's don't have enough stat points to have an effective 5 focus because they lose out on too much offense or defense.
@mother
And during the 3 turns it gains an immense amount of power.

Gamma Bot: 12-16
Android: 10-14
So even if it gains just 2 damage after round 1 you match the power. Although it is already probably above 2. Now the argument "you have to wait for it until it is strong" makes 0 sense unless you consider around 60 damage to a tank strong, but even then you wait till like turn 6 and rage for 80.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 8/11/2012 23:54:31 >
Epic  Post #: 102
8/11/2012 23:40:37   
Mother1

The ND Mallet Guy

They did make the Assault bot a PVP drop along with the rusted assault bot. However, what more people are complaining about is that this bot ability makes it so overpowered to the point where people that shouldn't normally win do win because of this bot.

While some are complaining because of the balance thing, others are complaining because they don't like the idea of losing to someone they fell they should beat. However, the only reason I feel this bot should go rare is because as I said before it is a spoil of the war, or at the very least become a seasonal rare like the baby yeti.
Epic  Post #: 103
8/11/2012 23:47:30   
Nub Apocalypse

Lol this discussion is getting more and more exaggerated as I look at it. NOTHING (except the bunk/surg merc build) can survive up to round 6 against an experienced Malf Mass CH, Smoke Mass BH, or Strength BM.
Post #: 104
8/11/2012 23:51:42   
Mr. Black OP

^
Yes, because those builds are supposed to kill quickly. But it is soooooooo easy to survive past round 6 vs any build that isn't quick kill unless you are at a severe disadvantage.
Epic  Post #: 105
8/11/2012 23:53:20   
midnight assassin

I'm split when we are going to talk about the bot but I believe it's op unless the special is blockable.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
8/11/2012 23:53:29   
shadesofblue

@Nub Apocalypse
Which is why everyone should use a energy draining skill.

If you have an object and I have an object and we switch objects, we both still have one object. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we switch ideas, we now both have two ideas.
AQW  Post #: 107
8/11/2012 23:54:23   
midnight assassin

@Shades but what about bm?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
8/11/2012 23:55:54   
Mother1

Nub Apocalypse On the note of the Bunker/Surgical merc build, I believe this build would in many people's words abuse the Infernal androids ability most since it relays on tech the most.

I remember making this build build a couple of months before the war, and people always would praise it for being a good merc build. a few months later I see so many knock offs of this build it isn't even funny. However as for the this build lasting against a strength BM no I disagree. I used this build, and I never went to round 6 with a strength blood mage. They would have either killed me by then or I would finish them off.

But on the note of what you are talking about that build only lasting to round 6 with a CH I call BS since I actually made that far with a CH as a tech mage and won by the skin of my teeth a few times. BH and BM however no since they have that blood lust that would KO me mostly every time.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/11/2012 23:59:59 >
Epic  Post #: 109
8/11/2012 23:58:38   
shadesofblue

@Midnight
Well, no energy draining, but Intimidate says hello!
AQW  Post #: 110
8/11/2012 23:58:49   
Nub Apocalypse

@Mr. Black OP: But like 70%+ of level cap full vars use quick kill builds... Still, i'm not saying it's not OP, being the energy equivalent of a Strength BM's fireball at round 5 is ridiculous. I'm saying it's not as OP as people are thinking.

EDIT: @mother1:
The build you use is the 5 focus variant of the build. I am talking about the original build with like 150 energy which my friend ToffeuyST first created, before it was copied by players all around. That build is able to survive the 6 rounds of those quick kill builds because it used the assault bot to debuff himself. Your build probably won't last to the 6th round.

< Message edited by Nub Apocalypse -- 8/12/2012 0:06:00 >
Post #: 111
8/12/2012 0:00:58   
shadesofblue

^The special itself is not OP; but the special with rage (and possibly a malfunction) is OP.
AQW  Post #: 112
8/12/2012 0:01:42   
midnight assassin

But sad to say you can rarely see a bm use intimidate.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 8/12/2012 0:02:19 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
8/12/2012 0:04:25   
BurningFlames

I'm legion unfortunately and I have yet to use it. Some people have used it on me and ill admit it does quite a lot of damage, but keep in mind usually by the time the bot can even do significant damage the battle is over with my high risk build
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
8/12/2012 0:04:39   
shadesofblue

@midnight
All BM's have intimidate since they use Deadly Aim; the problem is the STR build is so good that BM's don't need use intimidate.......

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/12/2012 0:05:03 >
AQW  Post #: 115
8/12/2012 0:14:54   
Mother1

Shadesofblue This is why many users want BM to get another nerf since they are dominating even more then CH. I mean take for example their last nerf. Beserker was removed for bludgeon. However, this move still is powered by strength so if you think about it is wasn't that much of a nerf. But as I stated before I do see blood mages use intimidate against each other especially when the BM has poured so much into str that it leave them wide open.

It has been done to me several times since I decided to use the strength BM build. When I get enough credits I am going to change from this class though.
Epic  Post #: 116
8/12/2012 0:27:21   
Ez_Ease

So far my observation of the new bot is that in my opinion is that while it is good
in 1 v 1 it will be stronger in the 2 v 2 where you will last more rounds. The Bot can be OP
when used with rage from what I have seen from level 5/61, level 6/73, level 7/80,
and that is with my focus 5 build and my tech at 90 so my robot does 26-30 + 30. When
I have used it on the first two rounds not very OP 20 and 25 dmg. I will have to try it on
some more people and see where it goes.
Epic  Post #: 117
8/12/2012 0:29:48   
drinde

If the damage range is 1.5 or so per turn, what is the BASE damage? Focus + ???
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 118
8/12/2012 0:41:19   
Mother1

Drinde it is 10-14 plus focus
Epic  Post #: 119
8/12/2012 0:55:07   
Killer666

quote:

This is Alpha Armor vs Delta Armor all over again but then for the Bots...

theres no such thing as alpha armor.... theres founder armor... not alpha.... second theres a difference the new bot gains in power as rounds rise
Epic  Post #: 120
8/12/2012 1:06:15   
Rayman
Banned

^
Im sure the one that said that knows that theres isnt an alpha armor, it was just an example or something.
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
8/12/2012 1:57:21   
Ez_Ease

I do believe there is a cap to how strong the bot can get, with my lvl 32 focus 3 build
I was only able to do 56 dmg and that was at round 16. I raged at 12 and did 66, and
with my focus 5 on the same character raged at round 13 I only did 84.
Epic  Post #: 122
8/12/2012 3:02:08   
rayniedays56

Without question that bot needs a nerf. NOW!

Being able to do 60+ damage on a level 3 focus raged?

Here's the new OP build guys

Tech Mage

Tech Abuse build with bot

MAX-2-1
6-1-1
5-max-1
x-x-x

With resistance well over 35-42

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
8/12/2012 3:07:33   
theholyfighter

To some post abouive( forgot which one )
Varium players actually have and average of 45 stats for than non varium players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
8/12/2012 3:09:15   
theholyfighter

A simple way to nerf the bot:
The bot special: Increases damage over time with the MAX of 4 rounds. Sounds fair?

Sry for double posting. I just thought of the idea after posting the previous one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Bot
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition