Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Infernal Android

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Infernal Android
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2012 1:26:02   
Made 4 Sunny Days

Well they can certainly play with it without nerfing it to death, or they could decide to leave it in, who knows, but I think they could start by making the special build in power slower. And I do like what they are doing with the bot trying to encourage focus builds, but I think they should bring focus back to adding damage to your attacks and not with a bot like this
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/13/2012 1:32:24   
zameel

There's a simple way to encourage focus builds, or better yet, discourage str. sup, etc. builds. Just set each stat with a max, lets say 70 or 75 max distribution point. They can still be raised with gear. Simple solution.
Post #: 27
8/13/2012 1:38:37   
Mother1

Ok Zameel while that is a good idea, it is doing what you said before sucking the creatively out of the game or limiting it. especially with health and Energy points. plus equipment doesn't help boost health and energy on strength dex tech and support.
Epic  Post #: 28
8/13/2012 2:15:31   
zameel

I didnt say I liked the idea, I just said there's a simpler way to make people distribute points in a balanced way instead of adding a new bot that forces everyone to use. Quit trying to make people sound like they're contradicting themselves.
And I didnt say max for health and energy at 75, that would be pretty dumb.

< Message edited by zameel -- 8/13/2012 2:18:49 >
Post #: 29
8/13/2012 2:27:01   
Mother1

zameel don't forget to increase your health and energy you have to distributed points to them which would go into what you are saying with the spreading out of points. I wasn't trying to make seem like people are contradicting themselves I was just pointing out that facts were stated.

So unless I misread you post somewhere I was just going with what you mentioned.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/13/2012 2:28:51 >
Epic  Post #: 30
8/13/2012 2:49:51   
carabuno

I've had a focus build for a month (switching back and forth and ,to and from ,so forth) where everyone actually had "diverse" builds compared to now i tried my old support build dosnt stand a chance, every fight is a focus 5 there is no diversity now if you want to win focus 5 and it just isnt fun
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/13/2012 2:54:44   
zameel

here's what i mean: you still get your points as normal to distribute (4 per lvl )

Health: Unlimited, still get the agility penalties as normal
Energy: unlimited
Str. 75 max. items and buffs still add, as normal to all stats
Dex. 75 max.
Tech 75 max.
Sup. 75 max.

Now, i'm not saying I like this, but I would prefer this method in keeping people from making strenght or support, or whatever builds too extreme than giving everyone a robot that is OP so that everyone has to have the same builds of 45 across the board.

The only ones who like these new robots are those that already had focus builds to start with, and they dont have to change anything, or people who could only win 1 in 10 games and now with this new bot they can win much more frequently.
Post #: 32
8/13/2012 2:56:56   
Mother1

carebuno Try more of the level 5 focus tank build. Anyone can have a level 5 focus build however if it isn't tankish then you can still get clobbered by other classes. But on another note in the past it was if you fought 2 against two strength blood mages and you weren't one it is oh crap I am screwed. Now if you are fighting two tanks in two versus two with the focus build you are screwed. especially if they are merc, tech merc or cyber hunter (AKA the classes with passive resistances)

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/13/2012 2:58:28 >
Epic  Post #: 33
8/13/2012 3:07:15   
Blaze The Aion Ender

This bot has made the game very un-enjoyable for me
I personally wish they hadn't made it at all
It ruined the game, because as a tech mage, I already had difficulty with cyber hunters and blood mages (not to mention str bounty hunters), and this bot made it hell
I actually thought of changing to cyber hunter, it was difficult to decide not to
I like the focus build, and I don't know what the solution to fix them is, but this bot certainly is not it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/13/2012 4:04:55   
carabuno

@mother I was Merc,Bm, Ch and Tlm multiple times and Str Bm's arnt very hard (before bot) i would almost always beat them as these classes they arnt hard, also i am a focus 5 tank build but im sick of focus 5, everyone has it and every battle is the same, as i stated you now hardly win , tanks dont work or other builds wont work if your not focus 5
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/13/2012 4:50:49   
ngshuyi94

It could work like.

Normal damage(1st turn): 26-32+30
CD
CD
CD
Next robot turn: 27-33+30
CD
CD
CD
Next: 28-34+30

CD=Cool down

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 36
8/13/2012 4:58:54   
Mother1

carabuno I was referring to what the the class the bot would worked best with not what class you should change to. Besides I don't see everyone using the infernal android just players who were in the war.

Ngshui94 if that nerf went into play then the bot would be nerfed too much, and it wouldn't at all follow the power of the delta vault. besides even if that nerf did happen the players would just wait until rage like they have been doing so they would have a granteed unblockable powered up attack that has been charging up while it could be used but wasn't.
Epic  Post #: 37
8/13/2012 5:33:23   
ngshuyi94

The nerf is meant to balance this whole thing. Not to upset people.

Its crazy that 2 focus and 3 focus people are also doing alot with that bot.

In this case, whats the point of focus?
Epic  Post #: 38
8/13/2012 5:58:03   
Mother1

Ngshuyi94 I have a level 4 focus build, and when I use the bot with rage the most I get out of it is 40 to 45 tops. Most people who get the high damage are people who either wait to use the bot, or people who have high tech along with that focus. But in all fairness while I do like the new bot, I do think the staff shouldn't have made the special attack unblockable but rather deflectable like the vault's laser.

I remember a duel I was playing and I had 90 HP and I was fighting a TLM with only 7 health remain that had level 5 focus and high tech. he used his rage on me, and took exactly 90 health with a crit. Not even my best surgical strike attack did that much even with a crit. at best I only did 71 with a max sugical strike. (Without malf)
Epic  Post #: 39
8/13/2012 7:40:02   
Rui.
Banned

ok i just played this game for 5 hours straight. I have always been a focus cyber, mage or blood mage. The most powerful bot i have used is the yeti cause that frostbite is a killer. Today wow i enjoyed the new bot, finally after a year my yeti hibernates.

The new bot is not op. The damage increase with the turn count. On first turn its just pointless to use but wow after 6 to 8 turns i do 50 to 70 damage thats 25 more than my yeti.

Is it possible to combine the yeti and this bot to make an infernal yeti. Special of the yeti and normal as this infernal special. Just kidding.

Thumbs up to the guy who made this bot . . . I love it.
Post #: 40
8/13/2012 9:38:53   
zion

Why don't they just make it a perma-rare item? Think of it as a reward for people who are involved in the war. After this week, disappear...
With the lightning-fast turnover this game has, most people won't have it in a month...
--Noiz

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/13/2012 12:21:37   
Hun Kingq

The Legion boss capture an Exile warrior an made this bot so now the Exiles have it on their side and using its power for good to defeat the Evil Legion they want to nerf it even destroy it because they are losing matches against Exiles.

Staff let the Good prevail since Exile won the war and do nothing with the bot put you focus towards skills and or skill trees.
Epic  Post #: 42
8/13/2012 12:29:48   
Mother1

Hun Kingq I am exile, however while reading what most posters are saying I can see why most want it nerfed even though I don't agree with it.

There reasons are the following

1 it is overpowered to the point were when it is used on a certain turn it destroys a person who has a decent amount of hp
2 There isn't a why to block or deflect the damage.
3 it is forcing people too switch to focus builds to even compete since any other build would get owned by the new dominating focus build thanks to the bot.
4 it gains power too quickly even though it needs turns to power itself up.

Also dont' forget the bot is available to any and all users and it isn't even a rare bot so it isn't going away anytime soon unless the developers decide to make it rare. However even if this does happen it will make it so that the people who have the bot will always have the advantage over others.

Me personally if the bot must me nerfed make the beam deflectable instead of unblockable since it would still do damage and would be following the delta vault layout. Making it blockable would ruin that since the beam attack of the vault was never blockable. Or 2 chance the skill to a buff where one randon offensive skill gains power after each turn that passes.
Epic  Post #: 43
8/13/2012 12:51:25   
One Winged Angel1357

@Hun the androids are made of all citizens of Delta V not just Exiles. Chances are the vault was made before the population was exiled from Delta V when everyone was either in Bealius army or a slave
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/13/2012 13:36:49   
Hun Kingq

One Winged Angel1357, What makes a perfect android a warrior or a slave? Sometimes a slave becomes a warrior aka resistance fighter aka Exile Warrior. So in conclusion the Android is Exile fighting for its freedom.

Mother1, if it is made deflectable than it would be no use against the Cyber Hunter Hunter class or even the Tech Mage class which both classes can enhance its power with malfunction and majority of players of both those classes have high tech builds as the bunker buster mercs do as well.

They made the bot this way so all classes have equal power advantage making it deflectable will create further balance issues on top of the balance issues already present. Let the staff deal with the skills and skill trees first than address the issue of the bot, which there is really none.

The same issue was with the Gamma bot and if that is used at a certain time with a certain build can dominate matches over and over again but instead of limiting its power they made it when one action was used both went into cool down affect all bots even the energy bot.

Instead of complaining about the bot because you don't have one then go get one and use it.
Epic  Post #: 45
8/13/2012 13:45:27   
King FrostLich

quote:

They made the bot this way so all classes have equal power advantage making it deflectable will create further balance issues on top of the balance issues already present. Let the staff deal with the skills and skill trees first than address the issue of the bot, which there is really none.

Lol equal power? You mean players who have 5 focus and noob gear can still deal massive damage as turns pass by with this bot? Nope, It's definitely overpowered. I managed to hit 88 rage against a cyber hunter with 40+ resistance.
Epic  Post #: 46
8/13/2012 14:01:20   
friend18

So I finally got back from my vacation... Got on EpicDuel... All 8 of my losses in 1v1 were due to luck sacks from Infernal Android builds... And those players aren't even good! They were around 10 health before they would use the special for an instant win. This is ridiculous! If you see Robot N00B or Blake Valentine, beat the crap out of them. Robot N00B crit every time with a 13% chance for a crit and then used Infernal Android for the win. He proceeded to call me a noob when he just got really lucky. Blake Valentine decided to be an idiot when he had 1 health left and raged me with his Infernal Android and told me "SMD" (you should know what this means...). What I hate now is the new screen format though. I can't take a SINGLE screenshot when they say a rude comment. There's no way to report them either when the normal screen disappears!

All I can say is that the new robot is broken beyond belief. Even noobs are beating the pro players now... All they have to do is stall for a few turns with health boosts, and then fire off the special ability for 60+ damage. That's more than half most players' health.

EDIT: Another thing, most of these builds no longer use any strength either. All they do is tank up and stall for ridiculous periods of time. I've maintained a 92-93% win ratio in 1v1 with 300 NPC wins (out of my 5000+ wins). This is ridiculous losing to players that have no skill. This bot has worsened the game beyond belief. This is one of the few times I've complained so far about the game because most of the other mechanics have been decent. But now, there's no strategy at all! I can't believe I've lost matches against players with 50-75% win ratios. This isn't fair at all! There's no real "control" of your situation. Before, I had to calculate damage etc. before making my move. Now, I'm just stalling so that I can use my Infernal Android. It's come down to about a 50% win ratio, depending on who can crit the most often before they get to their rage for the win. All I see now are high field medic builds with a focus on surviving long enough to use the Infernal Android once or twice.

< Message edited by friend18 -- 8/13/2012 14:06:50 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
8/13/2012 14:02:39   
midnight assassin

It's op. Even players w/ shotgun builds can do a massive damage with this bot.
@Above. Then reply back by saying noob means nice,open minded and outstanding beast.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 8/13/2012 14:04:09 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/13/2012 14:03:36   
Mother1

Hun Kingq did you even read the post I made? I said 'If it must' be nerfed make the attack deflectable instead of blockable. I personally don't want to see the bot nerfed, however most people here do because now the focus build people and focus tanks are dominating instead of the strength, builds and non focus tank builds.

King Frostlich I am right now using a focus strength build the is level four and even with the rage bot blast the most I ever score would be around 40-45 unless I score a crit or criting while I have on the weapon that powers up crits. So truly it is the tech spammer along with focus builds that devastate with this the most not focus builds in general.

Epic  Post #: 49
8/13/2012 14:09:31   
friend18

Mother1, most builds I've encountered are focus 5 builds with decent amounts of resistance. The +30 damage combined with the special and rage is absolutely devastating. There's no real skill involved with this game anymore Well, I'm going back to AQW until something is done about this bot. I don't like playing a game where you get luck-sacked even if you have a good build (I had a 300+ 1v1 streak before this). 8 straight losses in 1v1 is disappointing for me, especially when all of them were luck-sacks.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Infernal Android
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition