Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes September 11, 2012 - Final Reckoning

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes September 11, 2012 - Final Reckoning
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2012 7:32:27   
gangster a

new bot and new armors ehh i was wanting a physical mutating wep as i have non of those yet ;/

still waiting.......
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/12/2012 8:19:27   
Arcanis

What new bot? O.o
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/12/2012 8:21:51   
gangster a

^ the dark one that the pic is showing im sure thats a new bot lol
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
9/12/2012 8:27:07   
Darkwing

Harbringer armor LQS? Hope they make enough armors....
Post #: 29
9/12/2012 8:31:21   
Arcanis

@gangster: I see armors, swords,staffs,helms and cheevo ...
Edit: and shark zooka...

< Message edited by Arcanis -- 9/12/2012 8:33:12 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/12/2012 8:33:08   
gangster a

^ ehh it looks like a bot to me maybe cause its dark oh well :P
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/12/2012 10:12:11   
Viesty

Dravax Armor? Meh. But non-Varium armor is non-Varium armor, I guess!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
9/12/2012 11:26:39   
Exile Warrior

Maybe Its just me. But when Something New comes out could you way like a week ahead of time when it will be coming out(Exact time like September 12 2012 1:30 PM PST)
Post #: 33
9/12/2012 11:28:05   
Cookielord12

Cheevo Yes!
Dravax armour Yes!

I'm a happy boy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
9/12/2012 11:47:24   
l Chop Suey l

Dravix armor stats are going to be the same even if its credits or varium right?
because I gotta save varium to get the slayer armor and Dragon Buster II before it goes rare
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
9/12/2012 12:28:17   
ansh0

I'm gonna rip my hair out if this armor gave support.
Epic  Post #: 36
9/12/2012 12:46:58   
Smackie El Frog

@ansh0
I'm gonna glue all your hair back onto your head if it is support related. Seriously though you non-variums are being catered to since rabble joined the team and you STILL have something negative to say?

All non-variums should be rejoicing since they get a armor that is on par with Varium standards.

If anything it's the people who have supported this game that should be up in arms about this. We pay for Varium to have an advantage and yet they are giving 2 buying options for a possible top level armor?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
9/12/2012 12:56:31   
ansh0

^I have 2.3k varium left in my account.

Thought you should know that ;)
Epic  Post #: 38
9/12/2012 13:00:20   
Ranloth
Banned

I want Armor to give Support. Sorry it makes NO sense for an Armor to boost your offensive capabilities at all. And why so much hate on Support? Useless stat? Some will be surprised that it can compete still in most cases (or simply majority of the classes). Although Str aka no-brainer works best hence why you look down on others, am I right? ;)

I mean seriously. Everyone get an Armor and you hate Support? If you then post in Balance Thread saying you have higher Support and didn't go 1st OR vice versa, am I allowed to say that to you again? I mean Support raises your chances yet you're passing it. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
9/12/2012 13:00:31   
Smackie El Frog

Still doesn't change the fact that people who supported the game time and time again aren't getting any benefits to using their varium.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
9/12/2012 13:03:56   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@smackie You are getting benefits. Instead of fighting for a few hundred battles to get an armor or bot you can instead buy a small amount of varium and get it right away. I much prefer this method of purchasing since it allows non variums to compete just as much but require more effort to do so rather than now how even with ungodly amounts of effort they still fall short of varium players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/12/2012 13:06:57   
Fay Beeee

Tweeted

quote:

Charfade ‏@Charfade
Charfade is moving in with Mirv! Using modified MQ Teleporter tech, we're going to bring the fight to the Dragonoid! http://t.co/ZTeft2vQ
Epic  Post #: 42
9/12/2012 13:15:21   
Smackie El Frog

I just don't agree with that ND. When you buy varium they usually give credits along with it. So you telling me you would rather fork over the varium you bought than the credits you bought when one of the 2 is very easily attained in game? Idk ND, sounds like some uber brown nosing to me on your part.

Items in AE games bought with $$ Currency
AQ Z-token Item= Item is 10 Levels higher than actual level
DF DC Item= Unknown boost to items but are clearly stronger, free banking of the item
MQ NG Item= Same as DF and not sure about banking options.
AQW/HS AC/SC Item= Free banking and usually much more intricate in design.
ED Varium item= Stronger power more slots for enhancements. However this as of late is slowly getting changed to cater to non-monetary supporters of the game.

I mean come on! The most over powered item in the game is available to just any joe-shmo with some credits?!?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/12/2012 14:04:40   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@smackie Your only argument to my statement is that you can use the credits from buying varium instead of that varium. Either way you still paid for that with money. The credits aren't a complimentary gift for buying varium, it's part of the package. Just because other AE games have items way above the rest in power doesn't mean they all will. In AQW, all items are basically the same aside from classes. Several classes in AQW require much farming in order to get or spending some ACs and getting it without reputation farming. In MQ, the most OPd item was actually a Star Captain mecha and not NG. In DF they have Doomknight as the most powerful and it's open to anyone who's been a DragonLord for so long and then buys a special Dragon Coin package. In AQ, the best items in there are Mastercraft and they are open to everyone with the gold. The only exception to this was the Terror Set which was mainly Z-Tokens.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
9/12/2012 15:10:36   
One Winged Angel1357

@Smackie Just felt like pointing out that the varium edge is shrinking as the F2P populace shrinks. You are paying to be on par in at least 75% of your matches if not more so giving F2P's some good gear is actually giving the Varium users as bigger edge by allowing more F2P's to have gear at the top thus increasing our populace.

That last part is all in theory we might quit anyway and then you still don't have much of an edge. Either way as counter productive as it seems shrinking the Varium F2P gap actually increases the edge that Varium players have. If you want technical just read below if not just skip it and reply or go about your business.

quote:

I think it is a mutual agreement that generally non-varium players do not stand a chance against varium players of the same level. Forget the few rare battles where a non-varium player has won because of luck, anomalies are irrelevant to the big picture. What this has caused is an increase in players with varium and a decrease of players without varium. That means the advantage you should be getting by battling non-varium players is barely visible since most players you are facing have varium. This makes the advantage of varium appear to be small even though in reality (as I have shown here) it is quite massive.

The best solution to this would be to get an increase in non-varium players to the point where the non-varium population at the level cap far exceeds the varium population. But if players are constantly losing to varium players and are tired of having little to no chance of winning, they will not continue to play and the non-varium population will continue to shrink. The best way to incentivize non-varium players to continue to play would be to give them a higher chance to win without destroying the advantage of having varium.

Even though this may seem to be a step in the wrong direction temporarily, it is a great step for progressing forward. If you're asking why this is, then you are still not understanding the big picture but not to worry, continue reading! If the non-varium population increases, you will naturally see more non-varium players in random battles. That means you're facing more non-varium players and the varium advantage is smaller but clearly visible in the majority of battles. On the other hand if the non-varium population decreases, you will naturally see less non-varium players in random battles. That means you're facing less non-varium players and the varium advantage is larger but only visible in the minority of battles. Now do you understand how less gap = more non-varium players = more advantage overall?

Taken from WhiteTiger's suggestion because it really states what is happening in the game both past and present.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
9/12/2012 15:22:03   
MrBones

@above.
That is a very interesting point. Please give me my money back.
Epic  Post #: 46
9/12/2012 15:32:13   
Bunshichi

lol

Hopefully this armor will look right on mercs.....

< Message edited by Bunshichi -- 9/12/2012 15:33:14 >

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
9/12/2012 15:41:56   
Fay Beeee

Tweeted preview

quote:

Charfade ‏@Charfade
Silhouette weapons preview for Fridays release! Harbinger mutated with Delta V technology is tricky business. http://t.co/jhnNvRbW
Epic  Post #: 48
9/12/2012 15:44:52   
Bunshichi

^ nice hope the stats don't disappoint me
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
9/12/2012 17:49:37   
One Winged Angel1357

The staffs are a bit disappointing is silhouette I hope the color scheme redeems them
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes September 11, 2012 - Final Reckoning
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition