Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes September 11, 2012 - Final Reckoning

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes September 11, 2012 - Final Reckoning
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/15/2012 9:01:46   
Steel Slayer

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with how fast the armor sold out too, fell asleep before the update came out, and by the time i woke up, the armor was already gone, apparently took less than 6 hours to sell out. Hope it restocks soon, maybe devs could just take some of the varium stock and convert it to credits or something? Seriously saw this coming though, I'd be willing to bet most of the folks that bought out the credit armor actually have varium, but had lots of credits stockpiled so spent that on the armor. Good idea for them, but a hard hit to the non-varium folks who were hoping this update would make them a little more competitive.
Epic  Post #: 126
9/15/2012 9:24:29   
AIT
Banned

quote:

I'm VERY dissapointed that even when we "unlock" a hairstyle, we still pay 100 credits to use that look... what's the point in unlocking it then? I don't get it..

This was indeed one of the worst ideas ever.. talk about trying to squeeze every single penny out of us paying players. If they did this from the start, it would have been alright. But I've already wasted a high amount on hairstyle changes during these 3 years I have been playing. Not gonna spend 295 varium to "unluck" a specific helm and then 100 credits every time Im gonna use it. Lol, what are the devs smoking?? From now on will I only use credit helms. Seeing how the items are being prices, I will probably only use credit items aswell.

Oh boy I'm almost in tears when I think of how much money I've spent on this game and what I receive from that..

< Message edited by AIT -- 9/15/2012 9:54:29 >
Post #: 127
9/15/2012 11:07:32   
Sympleton

Sooo, I guess I won't be buying varium anymore... This release is truly very foolish.

Did ED suddenly lose it's lust for profit?
Epic  Post #: 128
9/15/2012 11:14:40   
DestruRaGe

Man crazy stats for non vars... But that prices... How long will these weaps be available? and restock that armor lv 35...
Epic  Post #: 129
9/15/2012 11:14:35   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

"This game is too Pay to Win!1!!1!" *devs make weapons that allow non variums to compete with variums on the same level* "We got ripped off!11!!"

Make up your mind people. You can't expect things to get cheaper for ED if you don't end up losing some varium in the trade off. When Wiseman posted his varium package changes, many complained that they would be ripped off. He replied about how you could either keep the pricing as is or take the new prices because a refund wouldn't happen. You wanted things to be less pay to win so in return the devs are starting to add weapons accessible to both non variums and variums. To complain about buying varium before this when you should just be happy about not having to buy varium all the time to be on top is really pushing it on the greedy meter. They didn't have to give us these non varium weapons or the hairstyle revamps. Be grateful for once please.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
9/15/2012 11:21:15   
Guppy

quote:

Oh boy I'm almost in tears when I think of how much money I've spent on this game and what I receive from that..

Agreed, many-a-night have I actually gotten mad when thinking about the money I could have right now to buy other things that I have spent on this game, oh well though.

They just try and squeeze every little bit of money out of us, I thought we would unlock it and be able to change for free, not still pay 100 Credits... && 35k Credits for the "Non-Varium" things, then either 28k for the immediately sold out armor, or 1225 Varium. *supersigh*

quote:

Be grateful for once please.

/facepalm

< Message edited by Guppy -- 9/15/2012 11:25:42 >
Post #: 131
9/15/2012 11:21:59   
Sympleton

"To complain about buying varium before this when you should just be happy about not having to buy varium all the time to be on top is really pushing it on the greedy meter."

First you are talking about varium users who complain about the new on par weapons, but later in the sentence you are referring to non variums. I do not know what you are trying to say.
Epic  Post #: 132
9/15/2012 11:26:31   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@sympleton The only time I mention non variums is referring to the credit version of the weapons. The staff honestly don't have to give us these credit versions and could have just gave us varium weapons only. If we want less pay to win then we have to accept that we will have to lose out somewhere. We're not getting refunds for anything so I say be grateful we can know we don't need varium all the time if we have some time to spare for credit farming
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
9/15/2012 11:48:43   
Sympleton

I'm more concerned about the potential crash that ED could suffer because, all of a sudden, varium is useless.

If the trend of "on par with varium" continues, then why would I ever buy it? Sure, I can get my weapons without any work by using varium, but most of the varium users in this game have a decent amount of credits anyway, because they play more/get extra from packages.

I, for one, will not purchase any more varium, because I wouldn't get any advantage from it.

I fear that if the rest of the ED community has the same mindset that I do, Epicduel will lose profits. Less profits = less content/artwork ect... We don't want that, now do we?
Epic  Post #: 134
9/15/2012 11:52:03   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@sympleton Name changes, class change and enhancements. All those are best used with varium. To think that ED will go bankrupt because some players have enough credits for a weapon or two from their farming and packages is crazy. You can't get the weapons from this release with just the credits from the package. And if you buy the varium just for the credits then you're still supporting ED. It's not like that 50$ you used on varium is floating out of reach above the heads of the staff. They have it as soon as you get the Artix Points.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
9/15/2012 12:00:57   
Mother1

Don't forget about promo packages as well as the promo items. So far every single promo item I have seen costs varium, and credits not just pure credits. Also this trend is helping to close the gap somewhat between varium and non varium players since they are getting weapons that are in par with their varium counterparts. Plus non variums finally got themselves a decent max level non varium armor something that should have been put into play years ago but wasn't.

We can't be selfish and want everything for ourselves. The gap still exist and grows bigger with every release that is for Varium only players. Let the Non variums have their items so they can have fun and not rage quit. It isn't right that non variums have to be the punching bags of varium players even if we pay (or earn points) for our advantage.
Epic  Post #: 136
9/15/2012 12:10:23   
DestruRaGe

Thats not the way to balance the game... If I were a varium player I would be mad too. The nonvar armor should be like +4,+4 and 2 stats less.
Besides most of these credit armors were bought by varium players, they have already tons of credits so why would they spend varium...
Besides that armor is like or better than previous varium armors lol.
Epic  Post #: 137
9/15/2012 12:10:26   
AIT
Banned

quote:

"This game is too Pay to Win!1!!1!" *devs make weapons that allow non variums to compete with variums on the same level* "We got ripped off!11!!"

Never said thats its too much "Pay to Win" and I couldnt care less if the non varium players had a disadvantage. If I pay $50 I sure as hell want something from it.

I've played alot of games in my life but I havent kept playing them all. Why? Becuase I havent been able to pay for stuff on them, if the non varium players feel like its "unfair" (which it is, but I pay for stuff while you dont), then I say move on and shut up. Just as I did on those games.
But I'm not really complaining, I just wont pay again and I as many others will become "non-varium players". Not really my loss, its actually a win-win! for me.

Only solution I see if it will continue as this, is to decrease the varium prices of items ALOT and same thing with the varium enhancements. Decrease all the varium prices of items by 75%, atleast, and I might buy varium again.

Becuase as it is now, I have to pay 12000-18000 credits + 995-1925 varium(basically $5-$10) + up to 1700 varium for a varium item. I might aswell farm the double, or triple, amount of credits and get the same item.

< Message edited by AIT -- 9/15/2012 12:23:11 >
Post #: 138
9/15/2012 12:38:05   
Rayman
Banned

Im a Var Player and I Dont care about this, and the armor shouldn't Be restocked.

Yes It Will Be Restocked I Know that, Im just saying that it should't be restocked just my Opinion. And You Didn't Burst my bubble, Sigh.
Also guppy read my post on patch Notes, I said that it should be restocked so other players that couldnt get it, can get it.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 9/15/2012 14:34:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 139
9/15/2012 12:43:45   
Rayman
Banned

DP-

< Message edited by Rayman -- 9/15/2012 14:33:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 140
9/15/2012 12:44:18   
Sympleton

It's not that I think ED is just all of a sudden going to go bankrupt. Perhaps "crash" is the wrong word.

I'll stop commenting now, because really I can't predict anything that will happen. I'd be interested to see ED's profit charts in a couple months if they continue in this directionthough.
Epic  Post #: 141
9/15/2012 12:45:55   
Drianx

I congratulate the staff decision to ease up the Pay-to-Win status quo.

If the Mission system will become more intuitive, factions will become more rewarding for the player, and varium advantages are rethought about, I think ED has a bright future.

Oh, and I want my Mute Chat ingame button.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 9/15/2012 12:46:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 142
9/15/2012 12:47:44   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Are we honestly so worried about ED's profits when we still have promos, name change and enhancements for the varium purchases that we can't accept that it would be ok for non variums to get some good, although expensive gear? It's not like we're getting 10k credits per fight you know. It takes over a thousand wins to get 35k credits. Buying varium though only takes a few minutes and gets you that item without having to do a single fight. If that's not a big enough advantage for people then we might as well just give them an insta-win button for buying varium.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
9/15/2012 12:54:30   
DestruRaGe

^Paying players should always get slighty better items. The problem is that they were getting too strong items and enchatments messed it all up pretty bad.
Epic  Post #: 144
9/15/2012 12:55:34   
Guppy

The stats of these weapons are high, then there's enhancements along with that... *facefloor*
Post #: 145
9/15/2012 12:56:33   
ProzaxDepression

As a founder and regular varium buyer, this update seems fine to me. Yes, it kind of sucks that all the money I/we have spent counts for little now, but I personally enjoy challenging fights, not just 3 shotting level 35 non-vars.

Edit: I too will never purchase varium again. That's ED down atleast $50 a month. No big deal to me, I'd rather a new pair of jeans every month :).

< Message edited by ProzaxDepression -- 9/15/2012 12:58:06 >
Post #: 146
9/15/2012 13:00:49   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@destru Varium can be used for stronger items or easier access to items. Don't forget that it will cost a non varium 140k credits to fully enhance that armor plus the 28k they put into buying it.

To everyone else, if you feel that the items are a rip off to varium purchases then do remember that it will cost a non varium 63k credits(1969 wins) to just buy the weapon and armor, let alone the enhancements on them totalling 280K credits.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 147
9/15/2012 13:01:09   
One Winged Angel1357

Yeah I'm with you on the armor restock I literally took 8 hours of my free time yesterday to fix organize and clean our Drill rifles as well as work at the schools football game only to come back and find that the armor is gone.

As for the weapons they really don't do much for me but the option is tempting because my Mecha weapons I could care less about
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 148
9/15/2012 13:02:24   
Stabilis

As someone who has spent $1,500 (or is it $2,000 yet) and counting on this game, let me give you my own opinion. Just because we pay, does not we that we advantage in what we play. If we do not pay, it does not mean that we disadvantage in what we play. If we play, then we play. This game is free to play. If you want paying to win to be your backdrop, expect this game's "free to play" community to exit (and so you lose your advantage), and you are being charged $50 dollars per month just to play. Now, do you still want this game to be pay to play, or free to play? Do you want to have to pay $50 just to log into this game? If you do, congratulations you are a true EpicDuel fan.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 9/15/2012 13:22:38 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 149
9/15/2012 13:08:16   
Bunshichi

What is this turning to all the prices are fine to me

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes September 11, 2012 - Final Reckoning
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition