Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 5 of 14«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2012 19:54:37   
Mortarion

But Ancognolia would serve Sarpedon's purpose
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
10/2/2012 19:57:52   
VanHellsin24
Banned

But it wouldn't. The point of Ancognolia is to be an outside omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient being who basically toys with us no matter how it would serve bone's purpose. Ancognolia would end up screwing you over in the end
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 102
10/2/2012 19:58:46   
Mortarion

And in the process create chaos, wich is Sarpedon's purpose
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
10/2/2012 20:00:43   
lordkaho
Creative!

So Van...What we're fighting is fate?

DF MQ  Post #: 104
10/2/2012 20:00:51   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Yes, with your demise being the product
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 105
10/2/2012 20:08:26   
lordkaho
Creative!

Hmm. So, basically...There was never an antagonist to begin with, as our actions are always meant to go against us. There will always be obstacles that test us in our path. Ultimately, it will be our will and perseverance to succeed that matters in our fight against a harsh entity called 'reality'.

If our character's do die under Ancognolia's schemes, dying with contentment and peace would be the final spit in his face. In fact, I have already planned how Galatea exits the stage.

DF MQ  Post #: 106
10/2/2012 20:13:18   
Mortarion

Hmmm, tbh, I don't like this concepts of "fighting against destiny" but I am only one
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
10/2/2012 20:15:25   
Glais

Just a minor thing, personally I hate this "can't see the true form" thing that's so prevalent in Lovecraftian stories.

Though I don't know, unsure how I feel on everything being manipulated by this cosmic entity. For one thing it seems too specific....
DF MQ  Post #: 108
10/2/2012 20:16:37   
VanHellsin24
Banned

You guys remember the Devourer and its purpose for coming to Lore?

It's going to be similar. It's not so much of scheming Ancognolia will do but more or less "naturally" destroying us. It would cease interfering with us once we prove we can overcome this God creature. A sort of temporary unity

Then again, you don't have to agree. Its just some idea concept I made up

< Message edited by VanHellsin24 -- 10/2/2012 20:17:40 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 109
10/2/2012 20:18:00   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Hmmm, tbh, I don't like this concepts of "fighting against destiny" but I am only one

Considering the mentality of your character, I doubt he cares at all.

@Van Hellsin

We need...A more tangible entity as our antagonist. One that would suit a perfect climax for our story, as the goal of 'overcoming' our hardships is already the responsibility of our characters and does not technically need a god to do it for us.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/2/2012 20:20:15 >
DF MQ  Post #: 110
10/2/2012 20:20:33   
Mortarion

In character, yes, me, as a writer and person, dislike it

By the way, how are the drawings goin?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
10/2/2012 20:24:15   
lordkaho
Creative!

Haven't started yet to be honest. Do wait.

DF MQ  Post #: 112
10/2/2012 20:24:33   
VanHellsin24
Banned

If there's the need for a tangible being for an enemy, I could consult with Aizen. He just finished a book collaboration with my sister and he brainstormed on a physical enemy with extreme complexity.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 113
10/2/2012 20:26:47   
Mortarion

Ah ok Kaho

Van: If you see Aizen, tell him to answer his emails
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
10/2/2012 20:26:48   
Glais

I'm still vying for LK's first option. It's a suitable, tangible, simple antagonist that leaves enough vagueness to make unique.

Plus, he almost seems like Amon.
DF MQ  Post #: 115
10/2/2012 21:19:06   
VanHellsin24
Banned

1st option it is!

So now we establish the antagonist
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 116
10/2/2012 21:23:35   
Mortarion

Indeed, also, guys, would you allow me to introduce a small joke character from my childhood?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
10/2/2012 21:27:50   
Glais

@^:
spoiler:

Is it the dancing Leech? :P
DF MQ  Post #: 118
10/2/2012 21:28:55   
lordkaho
Creative!

Sure. We should also think ahead about the supporting characters for our character. I also already have one.

Anyway, I think it's settled that we're going with type 1 antagonist then?
DF MQ  Post #: 119
10/2/2012 21:33:31   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Support characters?

*ominous cloud of headaches appears over my head*

I have an idea for now, but I'll be using the new bio format
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
10/2/2012 21:52:54   
Mortarion

Glais: It could be XD, but I was thinking of a character from a childhood show I watched, wich was called Dante Torobolino, he was a magician, who, no matter what he did, he exploded XD, even his pictures were explosive

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 10/2/2012 22:13:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
10/2/2012 22:15:55   
Glais

Would actually be quite a funny gag character.

Supporting cast though, that's gonna be tough...
DF MQ  Post #: 122
10/2/2012 22:17:43   
Mortarion

I meant gag character, I got confused, now, who wants a picture of him? XD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
10/2/2012 22:38:53   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Name: Rob Walton
Race: Pseudo-Frankenstein
Height: 9'2"
Weight: 670 lb
Affiliation: Victor Stein
Dislikes: Enemies of Victor Stein
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Rob is more down-to-earth than Victor, but tends to be a "mad scientist".

Background: Like Victor, Rob Walton was born a human being with an unnatural obsession for science. He studied Victor Stein's experiments with electricity and took it one step further. He experimented with a theory he named Galvanized Necromancy, in which he would revive corpses with pure electricity. It was a success and he revived numerous bodies.

As he neared his twentieth birthday he implanted four Tesla coils in his back and, once every one hundred years, fills his body with one billion volts of electricity to keep himself going. He soon met Victor Stein and came under his tutoring.

Image/Appearance: Rob has blue hair that falls to his shoulders. One side of his face is covered with hair, but his eyes are pure energy. He has an unnatural devilish grin that exposes perfect teeth with sharper than normal canine teeth. He dons the same uniform as Dr. Stein but wears glasses. He has four Tesla Coils in his back, because he can't intake energy easily.

Abilities/Skills: -lesser versions of Dr. Stein's abilities-

Galvanic Pulse Cannon - Rob gathers electricity at his coils. He then breathes a massive beam of energy. This, however, can revive multiple corpses

Quote: "You were lucky for Dr. Stein to leave you dying, Mage. Although, you do look like a great specimen." *unnerving smile*

< Message edited by VanHellsin24 -- 10/2/2012 22:54:34 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 124
10/2/2012 23:21:56   
lordkaho
Creative!

Here we go...

Our main Antagonist is...
quote:

Name: Fr. Anulwaaz La Fraga
Race: Human
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 173 lbs
Affiliation: The Church
Likes: The faithful, change, human diversity and more specifically- their beliefs and ideals, the concept of boundaries and borders, Buccurestian pasta dishes
Dislikes: Stagnancy, Britannian cartoons
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Personality: Fr. Anulwaaz is a very open person, who gladly shares his findings and discoveries to his colleagues. He values the spirit of change, and overly despises people who cling to their olden and obsolete ways and traditions. To him, to exist is to undergo an unending state of renewal and evolution. He is also a staunch believer and defender of Faith, and believe it ridiculous that mysticism and science could not go hand in hand.

Background: Anulwaaz La Fraga is a priest operating under the Diocese of Duhmrose, in the Catholic* nation of Gaule. Much like most of the priesthood, their former lives are a carefully kept secret. He is considered a radical by most of his peers who think his passionate pursuits would prove too deadly and scandalous for both the Church itself and for its enemies, namely the Mage Council (One of the Church's greatest critics for the prohibition of arcana practices and a long history of atrocities committed by the Holy Inquisition in the past) and the Western nations of Britannian Empire who find the unlikely marriage of these two concepts would only do nothing but impede the advancement of technology.

However, Anulwaaz knew that there was great power to be had should the imaginary border between these two conflicting hemispheres were to be ridden of. It was a power, he believed that would change the world. He believed that the world was naturally unbound by hemispheres, and its condition today was likely a wrong that was left unchecked for thousands of years.

But unknown to the visionary priest, the bishop of Duhmrose, Bishop Karl Arbeau, a direct descendant of the Apostolic Scribes whose duty was to record the history of the world, also knew that what Anulwaaz was trying to do was split the planet in half. He knew of the purpose why there were hemispheres to begin with, and to remove the boundary was also to risk the planet's stability. For the safety of the Church and perhaps, the world, Fr. Anulwaaz was excommunicated and banned by the Holy See, rendering his efforts futile.

They however, never realized the full extent of Anulwaaz's desire to meet his goal; even if it meant dabbling in the most evil of elements. Now, a heretic priest armed with centuries of knowledge about the Church and magic he accumulated after decades of perilous study, the Church has forever been in hot pursuit of capturing the man...But their efforts had all been in vain as Anulwaaz posed to be too much of a threat that they could handle alone.

*Catholic here refers to a Religion called "The Universal Religion", though is very parallel to real world Roman Catholicism.

Image/Appearance: Anulwaaz, though many centuries old, has the appearance of a man in his early forties. He has a very rough and hard complexion, where veins would form like inward cracks into his face. He has thick, scruffy, shoulder length white hair with a pair of greasy locks dangle to the sides of his face that often times shadow over his eyes. His eyes are jet black and his pupils are of the colour gold, shining like precious orbs. His skin is as pale as the now and as equally cold to the touch. Whatever his face looked like, it was likely the result of his magic.

The priest donned his old garments under the service of the Church; a night black coat that reached down to his heels, a black clergy shirt with a metal neck-brace fastened to his collar and black leather shoes. However, in his right hand, one would see a tightly etched red markings, that seem to be slightly convulsing and pulsing with a faint sinister glow. Unlike the rest of his body, this hand looks like it's lapsing blood, looking slightly pinkish and a tinge of purple and green.

Abilities/Skills:

The Magic of Boundaries/"Where the Beginning Meets the End"- Anulwaaz has spent several decades practicing the concept of eliminating boundaries, a power he sought to master in order to reform the world. Using his horrendous right hand, Anulwaaz can manipulate distance to an extent as he wishes, like being able to close the gap between a person and him or to eliminate two conflicting beliefs and mold them into one unified belief. But considering he has barely able reach its full potential, using the two examples mentioned, he can use this power to move from one city to another, but not to move him on the other side of the world, and he may be able to stop two people from bickering over an argument, but he cannot reform religions such as Catholicism which is a belief so universally spread.

Ars Similacrum- Anulwaaz uses this magic to blend into society by physically changing his appearance. Though he casually reverts back to his default look, but while fleeing from the Church, he uses this as a form of disguise. It works so well as it not only changes him aesthetically, but he can also conceal the nature of his power that would give his identity off to people who are familiar with this magic, i.e. Shape shifting abilities usually betrayed its users because of the form their shadow takes under the full moon is the form of their original appearance. Anulwaaz on the other hand can completely negate this effect. And lastly, Ars Similacrum can also change the appearance of other people.

Bo Arathra Vigda- A form of magic Anulwaaz learned from the Orient. In essence, it is a time manipulation spell. It removes Anulwaaz out of space and time, then rapidly accelerates or decelerates time around him. The amount of time he can manipulate ranges from a second to a week. It is the very symbol of his obsession with change. However, steady use over the centuries has brought a great toll on his body, making him comparatively weak compared when he was at his prime. It might have also been the reason why he managed to live for so long.

Quote: "The efforts of mankind would have been for naught if not for those heroes who strive to make a change...Yes, I have seen it all."

What do you guys think?

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/2/2012 23:33:20 >
DF MQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 5 of 14«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition