Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Afraid to invest?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Afraid to invest?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2012 18:50:14   
zippinbolts

Am I the only one scared to invest anything on this game? I feel like anything I spend my hard earned points will be outclassed by some other package sooner than later. Its kinda kills any motivation to spend money on ED.
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
10/9/2012 18:56:17   
One Winged Angel1357

Well you are right and your wrong.

The frequency of promos is slightly out of hand so if you always want to have the latest gear yes it is not really worth investing. But if you find a promo that fits your build perfectly then even when the new promos come along it shouldn't affect you and you would really only have to worry about balance updates messing with your gear and those are not frequent enough to make it not worth investing in one promo
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/9/2012 19:21:39   
Renegade Reaper

new promos usually have only one or two more stats than the last promo. if you are experienced in making builds, you can use "old" weapons long after
most players call them "old" and "outdated". b4 i changed back to tlm (recently), i was using the delta staff on TM, an "OMG!!!" level 34 ITEM, and doing
extremely well with it. i did upgrade to charbringer staff not long b4 i changed class, but the difference was minimal between delta and charbringer.
i got the credit version of charbringer as well.

@below how is that not what i said?? and take a gander at my character page dude, im using draconic destroyer.

< Message edited by Renegade Reaper -- 10/9/2012 20:38:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/9/2012 20:30:07   
ur going to fail

^pffffffffft.

I can perfectly fine build using draconic destroyer/devastator. level 33. bio gear still not really outdated, no other E blade is better. infernal promo boosts unesscary support.

edit: i would more worried to invest than if i was non vs var. why? i dont wanna be nonvar, invest 100k credits in a weapon then it get outdated.

if your smart w/ var u can win lots with outdated weapons.

< Message edited by ur going to fail -- 10/9/2012 20:51:38 >
Epic  Post #: 4
10/10/2012 0:05:09   
Angels Holocaust

I understand, varium doesn't take us as far as it used to. If I purchase 2 weapons and enhance them, there goes my entire package. This has to change and these new weapons that are being released are only 1 point stronger. All if all, I can see why the players of this game are taking their business to aqworlds. A 50 dollar package gives you a 1 year membership and thousands of aq coins.
Post #: 5
10/10/2012 0:11:48   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

For me, it's not so much as being "afraid" to invest, as it is being "aware" of the pointlessness of investing in the latest gear when I already have a lot of RARE items. Perhaps when the features we've been asking for are implemented, then I'll consider investing again.

Epic  Post #: 6
10/10/2012 0:12:47   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

i would more worried to invest than if i was non vs var. why? i dont wanna be nonvar, invest 100k credits in a weapon then it get outdated.

That right there. This is a huge reason why credit enhancements need cost reduction and to affect sellback of the weapon/armor.

@angels So you're saying players should go to AQW and spend their money on buying new armor and weapons even though it's 0 points better everytime? If you lack the ability to resist one extra point of stats or damage on a new weapon then you can't complain about spending too much money. It's like buying a face cream that claims to reduce 91% of acne even though you just bought a face cream that reduces 90% and then complaining that the face cream is costing you too much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/10/2012 1:41:23   
Drianx

@ND
Both right and wrong. Staff is perfectly aware that releasing a weapon which has 1 point more than the previous has a psychological effect on people, makes them truly believe they will miss out and become outdated if they do not buy it. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/10/2012 5:00:57   
Darkwing

It's not all about the stats, weapon/armor specials too. items specials are like skills( but more weak). like now you can have multi-shot guns, armors with skills that takes rage and can't be blocked..etc
Post #: 9
10/10/2012 8:28:38   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@drian If people are worried that they're going to be outdated with just one point then they still shouldn't be complaining about the price of upgrading constantly. I'm still using the Infernal war gear and we've had new gear released after that, that has applicable skills even(Chairman's Fury) rather than the Infernal Spirit of mine and I'm not being thrown to the ground and killed flat out by the guys buying new gear. If people are going to buy everything they make in the game then they shouldn't be complaining. This is EpicDuel, not RareDuel or EpicCollecting or even the dress-up game that AQW is so there's no reason for people to keep buying each and every new piece of gear made.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/10/2012 8:50:09   
Drianx

quote:

If people are going to buy everything they make in the game then they shouldn't be complaining.

Yes they should, for two reasons:
- They are paying customers
- They are entitled to ask for discounts on large purchases
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/10/2012 8:57:54   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@moose guy i agree with u all the way! i know u guys feel that u keep getting ripped off bcus they keep introducing new things, but a few stat points is no benefit maybe it will add some but just 1 points resis, defence,strength and aux damage. the main thing is that u need to investigate which item and skill suits ur most comfortable build. becauce if a defence cyber uses a better but offensive oriented item it wouldnt work as well.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/10/2012 9:08:25   
Drianx

@Trizzz
With regular balance shifts, it's not enough estimating an item's usefulness on the spot.

What if they decide to ruin Strength and boost Support to the skies right after a support-boosting item went rare?

That is another dilemma a varium buyer faces: 'What if I'll need it soon?', 'What if I will regret not having bought it when I could?'

Using a certain build now (for example STR build) is no guarantee that investing only in items for that build will be beneficial in the long run.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 10/10/2012 9:09:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/10/2012 9:41:38   
ScarletReaper

Really? Oh noooo my weapons are only level 34!!! They must be outdated!! How can I compete with my lowly bionic battlegear, caterpillar bugzooka, dark varium blaster, and delta knight armor!!! Those people have 2 more stat points than me!!! I'm going to have to spend money on another promo to compete!!!! Sound stupid to you? Cause it does to me. I don't see my level 34 gear being useless for quite some time. The problem is these young kids who don't know any better, and think they have to keep spending every time a promo comes out. It's ridiculous.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/10/2012 9:47:52   
MrBones

quote:

With regular balance shifts, it's not enough estimating an item's usefulness on the spot.

DRIANX have a very good point. This is the main reason why I, like many other players, feel the need to buy every promos. You never know what the next nerf / buff will be and how it will affect your current built.

I am also fed up with the easy argument saying that nobody is forcing you to pay. Epicduel is like a contractor. Once it gets in your house for some minor repairs, you end up rebuilting the whole thing altogether.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, can agree that the game have become insanely expensive. There is many reasons but the argument is not why but how they will fix this very hot issue.

< Message edited by SMGS -- 10/10/2012 20:40:01 >
Epic  Post #: 15
10/10/2012 9:48:48   
zippinbolts

I haven't ever bought varium. The game is a prime example of planned obsolescence..
AQ AQW  Post #: 16
10/10/2012 12:14:16   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

After a bit 2 stat points go a long way. You have 4 items to wear. If they each give 2 more stats than another persons, then they are 2 levels ahead of them, and 1 level if it increases by 1.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/10/2012 15:17:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Oh you mean the balance updates we get every few months and people post about in every new DNs asking for? :P That's at least a few months you get unless you manage to buy something right before the change. Like I've said in the past before "If you wish to use the OPd classes with the OPd builds while everyone is complaining of the power and even with the staff saying changes will come to it then you're basically driving on a bridge that clearly states "Bridge out ahead" but continue on anyways and then complain later when you plummet into serious injury you really had it coming."
@chosen Levels hardly mean anything unless it's in the range of 10 levels behind. At lower levels you can even get away with using a weapon 10 levels lower than you(10 damage and 10 levels of stats lower) and still succeed in battles.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/10/2012 15:53:31   
JariTheMighty

The balance shifts (slightly) constantly even without balance updates, making Drianx's point valid.

< Message edited by JariTheMighty -- 10/10/2012 15:54:09 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
10/10/2012 17:45:50   
One Winged Angel1357

But to counter Drianx point most balance shifts are not a total killer to builds. you can adjust your build to some extent and it is still a good build if not a great one so your old promo gear still works.

However there are some balance changes that do kill an OP'd build because it changes the one or two skills that being OP'd needed and then you are out of luck and you may need new gear or perhaps to switch to an older promo with is still a good weapon, as shown by the multitude of players who admit to using lv 34 gear.

So constantly buying the latest promo is not really forced onto players some of just believe to be the best you have to spend the most
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/10/2012 19:13:05   
TRizZzCENTRINO

many ppl are still very powerful with old promos bcus they dont rely too much on the items itself but their strategie and build. seriously if u keep relying on new and advanced stuff thats only 1 stat points higher then u should really reconsider, and like someone mentioned on other forums bfore some varium players are becoming dumber in their strategics because they rely only on their weapon and stats/enhancements to win. the only time that your promo item is really being outdated is if its 3 levels lower than the newer promo item because nearly all promo items have 10 enhancement slots just its individual skill and stats make the difference. the promo items that are currently outdated are: azrael's bane, frostbane, celtic cleaver and the halloween spectral/ghoul cannon promo.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
10/11/2012 17:00:43   
Lord Machaar

Check out my character page, i'm using very old weapons, but still Strong, and i still own players with the newest gear. just want to say your thoughts are wrong...

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 10/11/2012 17:01:55 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
10/11/2012 19:09:51   
Blaze The Aion Ender

The promo's for me aren't for new gear
They're just for... gear xD
Delta player right here :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Afraid to invest?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition